90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION- new showrunners!

stellarchick86

[1]May 19, 2012
    • level: 32

Someone over at IMDB created this. Please sign this. I know there arent many people on it but every petition needs to start somewhere. Thank you very much!

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/90210

Edited on 05/19/2012 7:07pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

johnmarlena422

[2]May 20, 2012
    • level: 16
    Signed it!!

God, I hope this helps lol

stellarchick86

[3]May 20, 2012
    Haha same here. I also sent a feedback comment thing to the CW as well. They prob. wont read it/do anything about it, but its better than nothing I guess lol

johnmarlena422

[4]May 20, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Haha same here. I also sent a feedback comment thing to the CW as well. They prob. wont read it/do anything about it, but its better than nothing I guess lol

LOL Yeah, true.

thec0mebackman

[5]May 20, 2012
    • level: 15
    signed! now a hundred more to go. these exec's impressed me only in Life Unexpexted, that show was truly amazing. but when it came down to making things scandalous or darker, they weren't really doing a splendid job with that. it's because they took over the show in such awkward timing....Sinclair tried ruining the show with that awful season 3 finale and these new showrunners had to try to fix that. i think they did a great job handling the Nae pregnancy storyline and i loved the season 4 finale. i give them credit and a little bit of slack because they had a lot of pressure on their shoulders and they had to live up to the expectations. along the way, they just couldn't map out a proper direction for the show, no solid tone and it fluctuated back and forth between goodGOOD and badBADBAD. we need the original showrunners back, the ones from season 1.

stellarchick86

[6]May 20, 2012
    Thanks Comeback!

johnmarlena422

[7]May 20, 2012

thec0mebackman wrote:
    signed! now a hundred more to go. these exec's impressed me only in Life Unexpexted, that show was truly amazing. but when it came down to making things scandalous or darker, they weren't really doing a splendid job with that. it's because they took over the show in such awkward timing....Sinclair tried ruining the show with that awful season 3 finale and these new showrunners had to try to fix that. i think they did a great job handling the Nae pregnancy storyline and i loved the season 4 finale. i give them credit and a little bit of slack because they had a lot of pressure on their shoulders and they had to live up to the expectations. along the way, they just couldn't map out a proper direction for the show, no solid tone and it fluctuated back and forth between goodGOOD and badBADBAD. we need the original showrunners back, the ones from season 1.

Yeah, I guess but I have a hard time cutting showrunners any slack for taking something bad and making it worse lol

I do agree about the pressure but I think all shows experience pressure to a certain extent, though I'm sure with the famous "90210" name they might have a bit more of it but still..I can understand them not living up to high expectations but what I can't understand is their inability to meet even my targeted lowest expectations..They basically took a blow torch to that particular rip cord and spent the entire season on a free fall to rock bottom and for that they get only one word from me: INCOMPETENT.

I am truly sorry for my brutal review but just remember: Harsh words are true words Laughing LOL

stellarchick86

[8]May 21, 2012
    ^Lol! I pretty much agree. If they were new showrunners, who were inexperienced, then I can cut them some slack. But they did 2 seasons of another CW show, so they know the ins and outs of show-business by now. Youd think that theyd think that maybe they should sit back and figure out where they went wrong with what they did in the past and try to improve upon it but really..they didnt. *shrugs*

johnmarlena422

[9]May 21, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Lol! I pretty much agree. If they were new showrunners, who were inexperienced, then I can cut them some slack. But they did 2 seasons of another CW show, so they know the ins and outs of show-business by now. Youd think that theyd think that maybe they should sit back and figure out where they went wrong with what they did in the past and try to improve upon it but really..they didnt. *shrugs*

Exactly. I could cut them a little slack if this was there first show but it's not so I find it hard to sympathize for the simple reason that they should have known better lol Any decent showrunner knows that the first and biggest rule of the job is to do your research..Know the show, know the characters, and most of all know the history and these showrunners clearly don't know any of that lol They should have completed watching all first three seasons of the show before even attempting to sit down and write for it, which they clearly didn't which is why they've been flying blind for the entire season and it shows lol All I want is a decent writing team that will actually do their homework and put these current showrunners to shame the way they've brought shame to our show LOL

thec0mebackman

[10]May 21, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Thanks Comeback!

my pleasure! let's hope this works. we should sign out petitions everyday. desperate times call for desperate signing.

thec0mebackman

[11]May 21, 2012
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

thec0mebackman wrote:

Yeah, I guess but I have a hard time cutting showrunners any slack for taking something bad and making it worse lol

I do agree about the pressure but I think all shows experience pressure to a certain extent, though I'm sure with the famous "90210" name they might have a bit more of it but still..I can understand them not living up to high expectations but what I can't understand is their inability to meet even my targeted lowest expectations..They basically took a blow torch to that particular rip cord and spent the entire season on a free fall to rock bottom and for that they get only one word from me: INCOMPETENT.

I am truly sorry for my brutal review but just remember: Harsh words are true words Laughing LOL

lmao. i guess because i'm a huge fan of Life Unexpected, i do have respect for these showrunners so i'm put in this really tight spot. that's why i don't completely hate them like you and Stellar because i've seen other works of their's. however i do want the season 1 showrunners back. we should have a petition for that. bring back season 1 showrunners!

johnmarlena422

[12]May 21, 2012
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

thec0mebackman wrote:

lmao. i guess because i'm a huge fan of Life Unexpected, i do have respect for these showrunners so i'm put in this really tight spot. that's why i don't completely hate them like you and Stellar because i've seen other works of their's. however i do want the season 1 showrunners back. we should have a petition for that. bring back season 1 showrunners!

I can understand where you're coming from. Kinda like how you think Annalynne is a terrible actress but I don't because I've seen her on other shows/movies where her acting was outstanding lol

stellarchick86

[13]May 21, 2012
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Exactly. I could cut them a little slack if this was there first show but it's not so I find it hard to sympathize for the simple reason that they should have known better lol Any decent showrunner knows that the first and biggest rule of the job is to do your research..Know the show, know the characters, and most of all know the history and these showrunners clearly don't know any of that lol They should have completed watching all first three seasons of the show before even attempting to sit down and write for it, which they clearly didn't which is why they've been flying blind for the entire season and it shows lol All I want is a decent writing team that will actually do their homework and put these current showrunners to shame the way they've brought shame to our show LOL

Exactly. And the things that I find to be the worst thing arent even character-related, its show-related (dragging out boring SLs, not giving enough time for good SLs, SLs that dont make sense, like Silver, etc) so youd think theyd be even better at that than they are.
    Edited on 05/21/2012 4:20am

johnmarlena422

[14]May 21, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Exactly. And the things that I find to be the worst thing arent even character-related, its show-related (dragging out boring SLs, not giving enough time for good SLs, SLs that dont make sense, like Silver, etc) so youd think theyd be even better at that than they are.

Exactly. Damn nincompoops lol

evafan2005

[15]May 22, 2012
    • level: 18

Signed it!! It probably won't do any good, but god I wish it would.

stellarchick86

[16]May 22, 2012
    Thanks Evafan!

thec0mebackman

[17]May 23, 2012
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    I can understand where you're coming from. Kinda like how you think Annalynne is a terrible actress but I don't because I've seen her on other shows/movies where her acting was outstanding lol

haha yea...speaking of, would you be so kind as to list me some of McCord's previous works? or send me a link with her best acting? i really want to be a McCord fan....lol. somebody needs to convince me otherwise i'll always think she's this terrible actress.

johnmarlena422

[18]May 23, 2012
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

haha yea...speaking of, would you be so kind as to list me some of McCord's previous works? or send me a link with her best acting? i really want to be a McCord fan....lol. somebody needs to convince me otherwise i'll always think she's this terrible actress.

I would check out NipTuck or one of her lifetime movies..Can't remember the names, I'd have to look it up tho..Speaking of.. JL is about to be on a new lifetime movie called "A Mother's Nightmare" and oh yes, she is the mother's nightmare lol

stellarchick86

[19]May 23, 2012

Comeback, Ive seen some scenes of her on Niptuck that JohMarlena showed me and I thought she was pretty good and I wasnt that thrilled with McCord on this show either so I wasnt just being a fanboy *shrugs*

johnmarlena422

[20]May 23, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Comeback, Ive seen some scenes of her on Niptuck that JohMarlena showed me and I thought she was pretty good and I wasnt that thrilled with McCord on this show either so I wasnt just being a fanboy *shrugs*

Yeah, I do think she used to be much better on this show though..I think she's just bored lol