TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

Season 4 DVD?

Adokensan

[1]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 10

Does anybody have any idea of when the fourth season of 90210 will arrive on DVD? Seems like every other show has got a release date plus cover art revealed (I REALLY hope they won't use the custom cover arts that you can find if you search on Google)... And the DVDs usually arrive sooner than other shows, in the UK they are mostly released in august.UndecidedMaybe the studio realized that the fourth season was terrible compared to the other seasons, haha. I didn't really fall in love with the fourth season, but I have some hope that it will be better when i re-watch it on DVD, rather than just watching one episode each week.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

johnmarlena422

[2]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 16
    Adokensan wrote:

Does anybody have any idea of when the fourth season of 90210 will arrive on DVD? Seems like every other show has got a release date plus cover art revealed (I REALLY hope they won't use the custom cover arts that you can find if you search on Google)... And the DVDs usually arrive sooner than other shows, in the UK they are mostly released in august.UndecidedMaybe the studio realized that the fourth season was terrible compared to the other seasons, haha. I didn't really fall in love with the fourth season, but I have some hope that it will be better when i re-watch it on DVD, rather than just watching one episode each week.

Idk bout the show getting better on DVD haha but most shows release their latest season in august sometime. Though, all the official "series release date" websites that usually have the dates pinned up shortly after the current season finale still have nothing shown for anything new regarding 90210 since the release of the third season. I would just check back with one of the sites periodically. tvshowsondvd.com is a fairly accurate one.

stellarchick86

[3]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 32
    I agree with JohnMarlena regarding the date and checking back on that website. IMDb seems to think it will be this photo but it could just be photoshopped fake stuff: http://www.bestboxset.com/90210-season-4-dvd-box-set-p-192.html.

stellarchick86

[4]Jul 10, 2012

According to IMDb, this is what the s4 cover will look like: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/90210-Season-4/17203

My thoughts: Hmm. Looks like what theyve basically done for s2 and s3 but set in front of a beach this time. Oh well I guess. Glad that you can actually see Ade and Annie on this one though. Had to laugh at Dixon being way in the back though lol

johnmarlena422

[5]Jul 10, 2012
    Lmao at them all wearing the exact same thing again .. The only thing new is the beach background haha

Thanks for bringing it over though Stellar

stellarchick86

[6]Jul 10, 2012
    Outfits like the one we thought it was going to be? Yeah, I know hehe. At least it doesnt look quite as photoshopped though. S2 and s3 were awful. Or at least s3s was. And no prob!

johnmarlena422

[7]Jul 10, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Outfits like the one we thought it was going to be? Yeah, I know hehe. At least it doesnt look quite as photoshopped though. S2 and s3 were awful. Or at least s3s was. And no prob!

Yes the photoshopping on S3 was ridiculous

evafan2005

[8]Jul 10, 2012
    • level: 18

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited to re-watch it and see if I like it better in a marathon viewing (that happened with season 1 for me) and it got me kind of excited for Season 5. God, I just can't let this show go!

johnmarlena422

[9]Jul 10, 2012
    evafan2005 wrote:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited to re-watch it and see if I like it better in a marathon viewing (that happened with season 1 for me) and it got me kind of excited for Season 5. God, I just can't let this show go!

Well good luck I hope it looks better hehe

evafan2005

[10]Jul 10, 2012
    • level: 18

Well I'm not gonna hold my breath, haha. I'm really irritated about certain things from the finale going into season 5 (I'm sure you know what I mean) and re-watching it won't take away from that.

johnmarlena422

[11]Jul 10, 2012
    evafan2005 wrote:

Well I'm not gonna hold my breath, haha. I'm really irritated about certain things from the finale going into season 5 (I'm sure you know what I mean) and re-watching it won't take away from that.

Ohh yea, definitely understandable

johnmarlena422

[12]Jul 10, 2012
    Looks like they've finally given a release date for the S4 on DVD and can be found on tvshowsondvd.com

For some reason it's being released hella late and won't be in stores until October 2nd

stellarchick86

[13]Jul 11, 2012
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    Looks like they've finally given a release date for the S4 on DVD and can be found on tvshowsondvd.com

For some reason it's being released hella late and won't be in stores until October 2nd

Hmm that is really weird! As for re-watching it, yeah youre right, that happened for me with s1 as well, but s4 was jus so bad in comparrison that I cant see me thinking its better due to a marathon session. For ex, when I re-watched eps of One Tree Hill and The OC in a marathon sitting and then thought about how it was better the 2nd time around, it was because some SLs dragged on for a bit so its quicker when you see it back to back than having to wait for a week in between. With this show, this seasons just been kind of crappy but it doesnt have much to do with how slow it was (just inconsistencies, boring SLs in general, etc). But it will be interesting to see if you think it is better the 2nd time around, Evafan. Just dont think I could sit through it again haha so I admire your bravery!

johnmarlena422

[14]Jul 11, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

Hmm that is really weird! As for re-watching it, yeah youre right, that happened for me with s1 as well, but s4 was jus so bad in comparrison that I cant see me thinking its better due to a marathon session. For ex, when I re-watched eps of One Tree Hill and The OC in a marathon sitting and then thought about how it was better the 2nd time around, it was because some SLs dragged on for a bit so its quicker when you see it back to back than having to wait for a week in between. With this show, this seasons just been kind of crappy but it doesnt have much to do with how slow it was (just inconsistencies, boring SLs in general, etc). But it will be interesting to see if you think it is better the 2nd time around, Evafan. Just dont think I could sit through it again haha so I admire your bravery!

Yeah, I'd love to think it'd be better back to back but I just don't think I've got it in me to take that risk lol

stellarchick86

[15]Jul 11, 2012
    Hahs so true.

johnmarlena422

[16]Jul 11, 2012

stellarchick86

[17]Jul 11, 2012

thec0mebackman

[18]Jul 14, 2012
    • level: 15
    i re-watched two season 4 reruns (with Holly and the whole college thing) i'm a bit indifferent. the season started out amazing but after the fifth ep, it started going downhill....the direction / flow / production started becoming messy and the show lost its spark. seasons one and three will always be my faves, but i'm not too sure which i like better. two, or four? all i know is, there is a pattern- i seem to love the odd numbered seasons lmao so i'm excited for season five! oh and as for the season 4 cover: LMAO at Matt Lanter and his flipflops. he looks like a bum...

johnmarlena422

[19]Jul 14, 2012
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    i re-watched two season 4 reruns (with Holly and the whole college thing) i'm a bit indifferent. the season started out amazing but after the fifth ep, it started going downhill....the direction / flow / production started becoming messy and the show lost its spark. seasons one and three will always be my faves, but i'm not too sure which i like better. two, or four? all i know is, there is a pattern- i seem to love the odd numbered seasons lmao so i'm excited for season five! oh and as for the season 4 cover: LMAO at Matt Lanter and his flipflops. he looks like a bum...

You're back!! *cyber hug* you've been missed..It's just been me and Stellar as per usual but the msg board's seemed extra dead around here lately. I've even missed our semi-heated lil debates believe it or not hehe. I usually go over to the TVD forum on here during summer because there's always way more traffic during break than this one but it's like a freaking war zone over there right now so I'm staying put lol Anywho, back on topic..I gotta commend your bravery on rewatching the disastrous last season..I don't think I could do it but I definitely think S2 was the better season by far..Wasn't great but simply a paddle-less canoe compared to the titanic that was S4..Imo anyway. I'm a little surprised you didn't have more to say about the S4 DVD cover though..I was kinda looking forward to the outrage..Ohh how you disappoint me Comeback LOL JK

stellarchick86

[20]Jul 14, 2012
    Hahaha. Yeah, I missed you too Comeback. I think for this show, my fave seasons go in order. But Id also need to re-watch most of s2 and all of s3 to have a firmer opinion on that though. But it doesnt really surprise me considering that its usually how I am with tv shows, even with The OC, that it goes in order. I think only OTH is different for me in that way in that it goes 3-2-1 and then in order.