90210 Forums

The CW (ended 2013)

Series Finale Discussion

  • Avatar of evafan2005

    evafan2005

    [1]May 14, 2013
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,683

    Hey guys! Long time no see!! I admit, I did take my decision to leave this show very seriously at first...I sold my season 1-3 DVDs, I deleted the DVR timer, stopped following news/spoilers etc. etc.....and then I heard it was getting canceled. My first thought was "well yeah, I saw that coming." but then I thought "well wait, I've watched 4 out of their now 5 seasons....I may as well stick it out to the end." So I went and caught up on season 5 (I had about 11 episodes to watch at the time) While there was still plenty of awful stuff going on, I do have to say season 5 was an improvement over season 4 (not saying much) and I was a little nostalgic during the finale last night, but overall I'm not super sad to see it go. Now I have to ask- should I get the DVDs again? lmao



    I have to say I missed this little 90210 community we had, and I am looking forward to connecting with you all again. Whether it's on this forum in the off topic thread (we should totally keep that alive!) or in other show forums.


    And so now I ask, what, if anything, did you like about the finale? My personal favorite parts were the retrospective beforehand, and then Adrianna/Navid's reunion.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [2]May 14, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    I actually really loved the whole thing. My only complaints really are that they didn't reunite Maxomi and that Silver was let off the hook with Ade again so easily but I guess with the life and death circumstance, I can understand why Ade just wanted to let it all go. I actually cried during the Navianna/Lannie stuff and I was never even a real fan of Lannie but even they got to me.

    Loved the retrospective, MS and JL were freaking adorable..AL was hilarious, she is such a damn flirt lol I couldn't help laughing when JS commented on Silver being with every guy and ML talking about how dumb Liam was lol I was kinda like wtf when Tristan said ML and JL were outcasts since they didn't come on till later because Ade's been on since the series premiere so that confused me lol but they were all really charming, sweet, and funny

    Also loved the AL/SG stuff..Soo cute, they really do act like sisters

    It's very bittersweet for me because I know the show needed to end but that finale really got to me..Very touching Imo
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of greysanatomy12

    greysanatomy12

    [3]May 14, 2013
    • member since: 10/20/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 418

    Words cannot describe how awful that finale was..What a waste of time!Seasons 4 & 5 ruined EVERYTHING!JUST BAD!!!!!!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evafan2005

    evafan2005

    [4]May 14, 2013
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,683

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    I actually really loved the whole thing. My only complaints really are that they didn't reunite Maxomi and that Silver was let off the hook with Ade again so easily but I guess with the life and death circumstance, I can understand why Ade just wanted to let it all go. I actually cried during the Navianna/Lannie stuff and I was never even a real fan of Lannie but even they got to me. Loved the retrospective, MS and JL were freaking adorable..AL was hilarious, she is such a damn flirt lol I couldn't help laughing when JS commented on Silver being with every guy and ML talking about how dumb Liam was lol I was kinda like wtf when Tristan said ML and JL were outcasts since they didn't come on till later because Ade's been on since the series premiere so that confused me lol but they were all really charming, sweet, and funny Also loved the AL/SG stuff..Soo cute, they really do act like sisters It's very bittersweet for me because I know the show needed to end but that finale really got to me..Very touching Imo


    I agree with everything you said. After watching it a second time, I find myself a lot sadder now. Like you said, it needed to end but now that the end is here...it's just a very strange feeling.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [5]May 14, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    evafan2005 wrote:

    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    I actually really loved the whole thing. My only complaints really are that they didn't reunite Maxomi and that Silver was let off the hook with Ade again so easily but I guess with the life and death circumstance, I can understand why Ade just wanted to let it all go. I actually cried during the Navianna/Lannie stuff and I was never even a real fan of Lannie but even they got to me. Loved the retrospective, MS and JL were freaking adorable..AL was hilarious, she is such a damn flirt lol I couldn't help laughing when JS commented on Silver being with every guy and ML talking about how dumb Liam was lol I was kinda like wtf when Tristan said ML and JL were outcasts since they didn't come on till later because Ade's been on since the series premiere so that confused me lol but they were all really charming, sweet, and funny Also loved the AL/SG stuff..Soo cute, they really do act like sisters It's very bittersweet for me because I know the show needed to end but that finale really got to me..Very touching Imo


    I agree with everything you said. After watching it a second time, I find myself a lot sadder now. Like you said, it needed to end but now that the end is here...it's just a very strange feeling.



    Yeah, it's weird because I was rooting for the show to end all throughout season 4 and it sucks that it's only once it gets canceled that it starts to actually get good again

    Did you know they were originally planning on doing a time jump for the finale??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [6]May 15, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    hey all.... apologies again for being on a hiatus! SCHOOL SUCKS.
    anyways, just finished watching the finale. I got teary eyed to be honest. absolutely loved the retrospective .......you can tell the cast have this chemistry and I loved them even more. did you all notice how Shenae and Annalyne kept holding hands? they are too freaking adorable. the finale wasn't how i wanted it to be, but it's over. it's really over. i didn't really like the ending. SILVER GETTING CANCER. okay, couldn't they have given it to her at the beginning of the season? I hated that. Silver got on all of our nerves but she did not deserve an unhappy ending. I don't know. right now I am still trying to process all that has happened. once a show you watch for so long ends.... there's this unexplainable emptiness. lol.... see. I keep jumping from topic to topic. I'm really glad that Lannie got back together in the end, as expected. I just wanted a better ending. I wanted the cast together. everything felt so rushed. I was also rooting for Silver and Dixon to get back but eh... really happy Nadrianna ended up together. overall I'm okay with the finale. not so much happy because they could have done soo much. but with the amount of time they were given, they did a fairly good job. P.S.---- just because our show is over, does not mean we should leave the forums. KEEP IN TOUCH you guys. =)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evafan2005

    evafan2005

    [7]May 15, 2013
    • member since: 12/26/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,683

    I did indeed read about the time jump, and I wish they would have gone through with that even with it being the series finale. They could have retooled it a bit to make it work.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [8]May 15, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    hey all.... apologies again for being on a hiatus! SCHOOL SUCKS.
    anyways, just finished watching the finale. I got teary eyed to be honest. absolutely loved the retrospective .......you can tell the cast have this chemistry and I loved them even more. did you all notice how Shenae and Annalyne kept holding hands? they are too freaking adorable. the finale wasn't how i wanted it to be, but it's over. it's really over. i didn't really like the ending. SILVER GETTING CANCER. okay, couldn't they have given it to her at the beginning of the season? I hated that. Silver got on all of our nerves but she did not deserve an unhappy ending. I don't know. right now I am still trying to process all that has happened. once a show you watch for so long ends.... there's this unexplainable emptiness. lol.... see. I keep jumping from topic to topic. I'm really glad that Lannie got back together in the end, as expected. I just wanted a better ending. I wanted the cast together. everything felt so rushed. I was also rooting for Silver and Dixon to get back but eh... really happy Nadrianna ended up together. overall I'm okay with the finale. not so much happy because they could have done soo much. but with the amount of time they were given, they did a fairly good job. P.S.---- just because our show is over, does not mean we should leave the forums. KEEP IN TOUCH you guys. =)


    Says the guy that's never around lmao

    Anyways, I'm sorry you didn't like the way it ended. I was upset when I first heard Silver would have cancer but I thought they handled it well..I mean she finds out she has cancer but then by the end of the episode she had hope and was ready to fight it, Dixon gave her that so who says she doesn't get a happy ending?? Yeah she has cancer but they left off with her fighting it with the support of her friends so who knows maybe she fights it and wins

    I would have liked to see them all together in the end but it's more realistic the way it actually ended and hey you should be grateful anyways because in the original filming of the finale they did a timejump with Liam and Naomi ending up together lmao
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [9]May 15, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    evafan2005 wrote:

    I did indeed read about the time jump, and I wish they would have gone through with that even with it being the series finale. They could have retooled it a bit to make it work.



    I agree..I'd been saying since finding out about cancellation that they should do a time jump so we could see where they all end up and they could have done both if they had just cut out some of the concert crap lol but all in all I still enjoyed it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [10]May 16, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    johnmarlena422 wrote:


    Says the guy that's never around lmao

    Anyways, I'm sorry you didn't like the way it ended. I was upset when I first heard Silver would have cancer but I thought they handled it well..I mean she finds out she has cancer but then by the end of the episode she had hope and was ready to fight it, Dixon gave her that so who says she doesn't get a happy ending?? Yeah she has cancer but they left off with her fighting it with the support of her friends so who knows maybe she fights it and wins

    I would have liked to see them all together in the end but it's more realistic the way it actually ended and hey you should be grateful anyways because in the original filming of the finale they did a timejump with Liam and Naomi ending up together lmao

    LOL hey now! let's not use fighting words... I'm here and I'm here to stay (I've got a cruel midterm in the morning and here i am ;] )

    well, yeah. you're absolutely right about Silver. they gave her a sliver of hope at the end, we see that yeah she is ready to take this disease full on. but i didn't like how only Dixon was the only one that knew. it could serve more of a significance perhaps that Dix was the only one? because through it all, Dix was ALWAYS the one by Silver's side with her disorders. with her bipolar attacks, Dixon was her greatest source of help. I just really wanted her to tell the girls at least. but you can't always get what you want......again i've said this before, but so glad Nadrianna were together in the end. I thought Navid was going to die lol but I swear i was clapping and cheering when I saw that he was alive LOL... I read the article about how they were given such a short amount of time to change things around. so I do give them credit for putting together what they could for the finale. I did like it....but to an extent. I wanted the group to at least have tied the knot a little differently. Ade saying goodbye to the group, couldn't we see them giving her a hug? like a damn good and harmless HUG??? she was trapped under rubble for a day and a half....a HUG WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE especially since Nae and Annie were moving away. and since S4, the new writers have definitely made it clear that they wanted Annie and Naomi to be the IT BFF's... to me it seemed that SInclair wanted Nae and Silver to be the best friends of the show because S2-S3 emphasized a lot on their friendship. but to all the hardcore S1 lovers.... we all know Annie and Silver still share that special bond and we got to see throughout the show. with that being said, I at least wanted to see a heart to heart between the two. I also didn't like how Annie was cold towards Silver in the end. "your advice sucks" well GEE ANNIE that was mean. idk, I'm just very picky and anal about series finales.... I mean they're FINALES. the end. the sealed package... gotta wrao things up nicely with a bow and a card. to me the 90210 finale only had the wrapping paper with an unfinished bow LOL but I'll live. and as far as the time jump.... I had read about it yesterday. but I had no idea Liam and Nae were going to end up together! WHAT THE???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [11]May 16, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:

    LOL hey now! let's not use fighting words... I'm here and I'm here to stay (I've got a cruel midterm in the morning and here i am ;] )


    No fighting words..Just truth lmao

    thec0mebackman wrote:

    well, yeah. you're absolutely right about Silver. they gave her a sliver of hope at the end, we see that yeah she is ready to take this disease full on. but i didn't like how only Dixon was the only one that knew. it could serve more of a significance perhaps that Dix was the only one? because through it all, Dix was ALWAYS the one by Silver's side with her disorders. with her bipolar attacks, Dixon was her greatest source of help. I just really wanted her to tell the girls at least. but you can't always get what you want......again i've said this before, but so glad Nadrianna were together in the end. I thought Navid was going to die lol but I swear i was clapping and cheering when I saw that he was alive LOL... I read the article about how they were given such a short amount of time to change things around. so I do give them credit for putting together what they could for the finale. I did like it....but to an extent. I wanted the group to at least have tied the knot a little differently. Ade saying goodbye to the group, couldn't we see them giving her a hug? like a damn good and harmless HUG??? she was trapped under rubble for a day and a half....a HUG WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE especially since Nae and Annie were moving away. and since S4, the new writers have definitely made it clear that they wanted Annie and Naomi to be the IT BFF's... to me it seemed that SInclair wanted Nae and Silver to be the best friends of the show because S2-S3 emphasized a lot on their friendship. but to all the hardcore S1 lovers.... we all know Annie and Silver still share that special bond and we got to see throughout the show. with that being said, I at least wanted to see a heart to heart between the two. I also didn't like how Annie was cold towards Silver in the end. "your advice sucks" well GEE ANNIE that was mean. idk, I'm just very picky and anal about series finales.... I mean they're FINALES. the end. the sealed package... gotta wrao things up nicely with a bow and a card. to me the 90210 finale only had the wrapping paper with an unfinished bow LOL but I'll live. and as far as the time jump.... I had read about it yesterday. but I had no idea Liam and Nae were going to end up together! WHAT THE???


    I did notice that they only had Dixon know about the cancer but I mean come on, Navianna were a little preoccupied trying not to die themselves lol and I'm sure Silver wasn't ready to tell everyone quite yet

    I also noticed that none of them hugged Ade but let's be honest they all treat her like crap for the most part anyway..Frankly, none of them are good enough for her lmao on this one, I'll admit I'm about as biased as you could get haha but I was so sick of all Ade's friends walking all over her and Silver was once again let off the hook WAY too easy for calling Ade a conniving hateful bitch and blaming her for all her problems..So glad when Teddy told her to look in the damn mirror lol I don't think she deserved to get cancer by any means..That was really heartbreaking but at the same time, I'm still pissed that she gets a "well you forgave me so here's a free pass to do terrible things forever and it will always be okay because I did one terrible thing to you years ago..Please won't you abuse me some more?!" lol okay I guess I'm still pretty bitter lmao

    I actually thought what Annie said was hilarious lol it was such a childish thing to say so coming from the moral compass of the show, it cracked me up..Plus these days, Annie can really do no wrong in my eyes lmao

    As for Liam and Naomi ending up together..Yeah, that would have made no sense like at all lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sshan39

    sshan39

    [12]May 20, 2013
    • member since: 05/08/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 117

    I loved the finale but i think poeple got to give them a break it wasnt meant to be a series finale just the season finale. i think they would have had Silver battle cancer & win. i would like to beleive she gets pregnant & goes to be with Mark Also, Naomi would have ended up with Max. But thats just me. I cant beleive they let fans dictate the show about sliver & Liam. i always wondered why they ended that so fast. I too wanted Liam to end up with Annie but would have enjoyed seeing him wth Silver for a bit. they had had quite an attraction for each other. I am so glad Liam and annie got engaged. No wheer did u guys read Naomi and liam would be together??

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [13]May 28, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    johnmarlena422 wrote:

    I did notice that they only had Dixon know about the cancer but I mean come on, Navianna were a little preoccupied trying not to die themselves lol and I'm sure Silver wasn't ready to tell everyone quite yet

    I also noticed that none of them hugged Ade but let's be honest they all treat her like crap for the most part anyway..Frankly, none of them are good enough for her lmao on this one, I'll admit I'm about as biased as you could get haha but I was so sick of all Ade's friends walking all over her and Silver was once again let off the hook WAY too easy for calling Ade a conniving hateful bitch and blaming her for all her problems..So glad when Teddy told her to look in the damn mirror lol I don't think she deserved to get cancer by any means..That was really heartbreaking but at the same time, I'm still pissed that she gets a "well you forgave me so here's a free pass to do terrible things forever and it will always be okay because I did one terrible thing to you years ago..Please won't you abuse me some more?!" lol okay I guess I'm still pretty bitter lmao

    I actually thought what Annie said was hilarious lol it was such a childish thing to say so coming from the moral compass of the show, it cracked me up..Plus these days, Annie can really do no wrong in my eyes lmao

    As for Liam and Naomi ending up together..Yeah, that would have made no sense like at all lol

    lmao yeah they've treated Ade like dirt in every season. I was surprised they took a jab at the girls judging and attacking Ade in S5... didn't see that coming. (Nae and Annie calling her a whore) when they themselves are no angels. kind of random but I was surprised Lowndes didn't attend Shenae's wedding. maybe she had other plans? hmm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [14]May 28, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    I was more forgiving of Annie's judgement toward Ade because they have a rather shaky history. Ade intentionally humiliated and tortured Annie throughout the better half of S1 and more recently she had cheated on her brother. Not that that justifies her treatment of my girl Ade but I could at least see where she's coming from. Naomi on the other hand definitely lost major points with me when she attacked Ade. I mean they were once bff's and she certainly has no room to talk when it comes to slutting around lol It's funny because Nae/Ade were once my faves but it was definitely Ade and Annie that were my girls in the end

    As for JL not going to Shenae's wedding..She was actually in Paris at the time working on another project but she sent Shenae a pretty extravagant wedding gift along with best wishes lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thec0mebackman

    thec0mebackman

    [15]May 28, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,181
    ^^ touche! yeah i get your viewpoint. Ade and ANNIE? ended up being your two favorites? woah woah! pinch me i must be dreaming. lol. idk, I loved Nae even more after S5. same goes for Ade. the second half of S5 brought in some enjoyable new characters. I really liked Mikaella and Mark. it's very rare that I like new characters on 90210, so the fact that i liked TWO of them made me appreciate S5 even more. I;m still not over about our recent loss... #902104ever LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [16]May 28, 2013
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    ^^ touche! yeah i get your viewpoint. Ade and ANNIE? ended up being your two favorites? woah woah! pinch me i must be dreaming. lol. idk, I loved Nae even more after S5. same goes for Ade. the second half of S5 brought in some enjoyable new characters. I really liked Mikaella and Mark. it's very rare that I like new characters on 90210, so the fact that i liked TWO of them made me appreciate S5 even more. I;m still not over about our recent loss... #902104ever LOL


    Yeah, well I've been really loving Annie since S4. Don't get me wrong, I still love Naomi but between her being a crappy friend to Ade and Annie just being awesome lol Nae's just no longer in my top two..LOVED Annie during the Patrick saga this last season - she was so badass

    I'm actually the opposite with the new characters. I was so so with Michaela but I HATED Mark, he was such a pig lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of -Master_K-

    -Master_K-

    [17]Jul 2, 2013
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 2,049

    So I never got around to writing my thoughts on the series finale. It was lackluster, with obvious last minute changes made to give the show a somewhat kind of ending.


    I will say that the best part was Navid and Adrianna finally being reunited! They're my favourite ship in the series so I'm glad that it ended with them together. I honestly believe the shows quality was started to rise, unfortunately just a little too late.


    My main gripe is the series ending with Silver's fate looking grim. We didn't deserve that kind of ending for her neither Naomi.


    I really dislike Liam and Annie together; other than their chemistry for a few minutes in the first season, I've always found them quite dull and forced as a couple so I don't even want to get started on that contrived engagement.


    Anyways, you'll be missed a little 90210, my last remaining guilty pleasure. I just finished seasons 1-10 of the old Beverly Hills 90210 for the first time so I'm not really too sad when thinking of how amazing that series was and how underwhelming this series was. The latter should have taken tips from the former.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jim856796

    Jim856796

    [18]Jul 17, 2013
    • member since: 06/12/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 967
    Besides Silver's cancer storyline, were there any other storylines in the 90210 TV series that were left unresolved, or is that it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.