Off the Rails

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 07, 2009 on The CW

7.3
  • Jessica Stroup gives a STELLAR performance, and 90210 provides a very accurate look into the hardships and pain that people with and people around people with Bipolar disorder have to go through.

Can I just begin by stating how amazed and surprised I was with Jessica Stroup's performance. She took it to a whole new level that made me love the show. I usually don't go for shows that center around rich people and their rich people problems, but when I saw Silver, I got intrigued. She is the whole reason that I had to know what was going on and see more. I'm not going to give a recap, as there are already so many, but I will say that 90210 did something amazing with this storyline. Not a lot people really understand Bipolar disorder. Many people think that you just switch back and forth in an instant over the course of a day. But it is so much more complex than that. They started her ascent/descent in Love Me or Leave Me when she destroyed the sand castle. She just kept getting happier and happier with each episode, and that's how it happens. You feel like you're on top of the world, not for a day, but for weeks, and sometimes months. Then with no warning, you just crash down to earth and feel hopeless and everything that was so perfect isn't anymore. They portrayed it not only accurately, but in a way that I think will help kids and adults everywhere really understand that it is a serious disorder, and not everyone that has a bad day has it. It can tear lives apart, and I love that they gave it to Silver. She's not some poor girl in a downtrodden city. She's got money and friends. It helps people get that Bipolar disorder doesn't care who you are or what you have. I am very proud to say that I like 90210, and I cannot wait to see what they'll do now.