The CW (ended 2013)

TV123456

90210 Fan Reviews (133)

7.6
  • Wow. Really?

This show can be summed up into one word. Terrible. It's like a really bad rip-off of Gossip Girl. I know the original 90210 came before Gossip Girl, but this new version seems like it almost wants to live up to GG's potential. As for the season 2 premiere last night, summer school? Seriously? The only reason you go to summer school in a public school is because you failed one or more classes. So does that mean that the show is trying to tell us that the characters are failures? The only remotely interesting characters on this show are Naomi and Liam, who *surprise surprise* are an Beverly Hills rip-off of Chuck and Blair. I want to see this show get better, but from what I've seen, I'm just in for more dissapointment.
  • this show is just wrong, it should have stayed dead.

Since the cast won't kill themselves off through the first season in a series of sex and drug related escapades I'm not interested.....oh that isn't enough words....

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong
    wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

There that is 100 words......I've wasted far too much time trying to say I don't like this show...
  • This show is just sad...

I watched the first episode and thought “Hmm, this was a bad series premiere. But the next one should be better.” And lo and behold, it was the same thing for the second episode. And the next. Well I believe that if I don’t like a show after watching 3 hours of it, then it’s not worth watching. And this show has sadly reached the bottom of the barrel. Not only that, it’s also degrading the original show’s credentials. By the way, where did they get the ugliest and most anorexic cast ever? (with the exception of Jennie Garth of course).
  • A beverly hills 90210 remake? Who could ever top the original TV classic. Apparently execs at the CW thought that it could be done. Boy, were they wrong.

A beverly hills 90210 remake? Who could ever top the original TV classic. Apparently execs at the CW thought that it could be done. And we thought maybe that with the old cast being on the show, maybe the show could have a chance at atleast coming close to the original. Boy, were we wrong. When I tuned in, I couldn't even bare to watch the 2-hour season premier in its entirety. The new actors they picked are some of the worst acting I've seen on TV ever. Top that off with the horrivble, overused storylines, and your get one bottom of the barrel show. I beleive that I've seen better acting and storylines on I Love Money! Puhhleez! So CW execs, next time watch your horrible pilot before you air it thanks!
  • As far as I'm concerned, this is deja vue!

A rehash for B H 90210. This is nothing more than a crass grab for ratings at the expense of creativity and innovation. Come on Network; is it really necessary to repackage old merchandise?! It probably is safe to ride the road of old shows for ratings; it takes courage to invest in talent and creativity! If it continues to place ratings over real and new talent and creativity, I will be done with the Network too!!! I don't mean only the TV productions either. I fell sorry for actors hoping to get their careers going and for the writers also. If they hope to find a fruitful place to develop their craft, it wont be found on this network.
  • The series revolves around the three-generational Wilson family who have recently moved from small town Kansas to glitzy Beverly Hills, California after the father, Harrison Wilson, accepts a position as Principal of West Beverly Hills High School.

This show didn't learn it lesson when the original series aired. I watched the first couple of episodes and I predicted the rest of the season because the show is just like all teen dramas where all the plots are really the same and it gets boring watching the same plot every episode. Im suprised if this show gets past the first season and flabbergasted if it gets pass a second season and the sad thing is it attracts people but obviousley they havn't watched the original series which its basically the same as this but this is just as painful as the original series.
  • This show deserves to die a quick and painless death which is lenient considering the torture it puts its viewers through.

I started watching intending to give it a fair chance. I loved the OC season 1-3 and was hoping this show would be kind of similar. Man was I disappointed. There are so many bad things that they are not all worth mentioning. The worst thing I believe are the women on the show. The parents look the same age as their children. What is that about? The actors they've picked for the show are so bad it makes you want to cry. I had Tivo'ed three episodes but could only stand to watch one. This show deserves to die a quick and painless death which is lenient considering the torture it puts its viewers through.
  • So bad it's not even good. I usually love everything LA related. I don't care for originality, but I do care about... Good atmosphere.

So bad it's not even good.
    I usually love everything LA related. I don't care for originality, but I do care about... Good atmosphere. About interesting characters. And above all good actors.
    These so called actors are so bad it's not even funny. All the girls are beautiful, ya. But... the acting is horrible I just can't keep watching it.
    Thank god I just finally ordered the complete series of OC, so I can watch an actual good california series.

So bad it's not even good.
  • Unoriginal, uncreative, regurgitated hollywood garbage. Do the people who create or rather recreate these horrible tv shows actually get paid for it? Where do I apply?

Unoriginal to the point of not even creating a new name, except for dropping a couple words off the title from the original series. Does anyone intelligent actually care what the heck a bunch of spoiled rich kids living in California are doing? I sure don't! Unoriginal, uncreative, regurgitated hollywood garbage. Do the people who create or rather recreate these horrible tv shows actually get paid for it? Where do I apply? I need a 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words, 100 words. The End.
  • watch any teen bopper tv shpow, its the same thing.

1.5
    A horrible show! Change the channel while you can. Bad stories, boring,and beyond bad acting. If these kids think they can compare to the original BH 90210 class, they are sadly mistaken. These actors and actrsses are nothing but anorexic eye candy. Shenae Grimes plays Annie who is a cheap version of Brenda. Differnce is Shannon Doherty can act and had chemistry with her castmates and there is Dixon who is an even cheaper version of Brandon. He even works at the Peach Pit. How not original. Please stop watching this cheap rip-off its not worth watching one bit. Kelly Taylor also stil sucks.

90210 is full of dramma and is a great show to whatch love it so much
  • Nostalgic

I don't think it deserves the same name of the old show... that was "interactive"... this is very lame and boring.
  • They shouldn't even thought of remaking this.

What good can you get from a television show that's based for teens, just don't hold your breath on it because your not going to receive many good things from it all.

Am really not going to waste a box of empty space saying the pros and cons, no matter what i say tv.com people will get angry at me and send out there goons to stop my views. So simple
    And so sweet off the cherry tree.

Not the show to waste your time on. Possibly better teen drama shows out there to get a better point of views. I never liked rich kids with problems. Because mostly they solve it with money and some more money. My short point of view of what i see of a pointless show.
  • Oh my god. I this the new version? So B Movie.

2.1
    So it's time for a new version of an great old serie. And what do they do? They turn it into an ugly, childish B movie type of serie. Why? Did they think they can live on the old one and just do whatever? It sure feels like that when you watch this first episode.

There are so many great series today, why did they screw this one up?

Well maybe I need to live in the US to like this new version more, I dunno.. but I do know that I'm not going to follow this one.

My score: 2 of 10. Very bad!
  • For a show that uses the title/background of an original great 90's landmark show Beverly Hills 90210 this show has ridicuously gone downhill

2.5

Season one was honestly a good season. We got to see kelly and brenda reunite and were introduced to some promising new characters/story lines. Silver and Ethan were a promising couple but when season 2 started he disappeared. Adrianna was just a psycho since season one and Annie was so annoying in season 2 with the whole I killed someone saga. Naomi provided some laughs but now even her humor isn't cutting it. This show did not let audiences fall in love with the characters. It needs to ends by this May. There is no character development, ratings are low, and NO future for 90210.

• Honestly I'm not sure what's most surprising. How boring this show is or how on earth they got renewed for a 2nd season.

2.5
    Weak casting and bad acting in general compared to any other cast I can think of.

Very predictable plot. Any original thoughts could be predicted way ahead, but mostly they just do rip-offs from other shows. Whoever gets writercredits should pay for it, rather than getting paid.

Character development? Pretty much non excisting.

Blasts from the Beverly Hills 90210 past. Kelly, Brenda and Donna are even less interesting than the new faces.

Having Aimee Teegarden stopping by for a couple of episodes is probably the highlight of the show for me, and that's just sad.

Cut the show, and give the spot to something interesting.
  • It just keeps getting worse

I had high hopes for this show when it premiered. Earlier reviews have it spot on that there are two major problems with the show: 1) characters and subplots that flitter in and out of the storyline, and 2) HORRIBLE acting. The Ty character was a not-quite major character at first and then he disappeared until the last few episodes. And the pregnant girl looked like she was carrying a litter by the look of her bad prosthetic belly while in her prom dress. Do you ever notice that Naomi takes a huge lungful of air before blurting out very line? The other younger characters are way over-acted, very hammed up.
  • I remake to the Fox hit Beverly Hills 90210. Following the kids from West Beverly High. With all the scandals and schemes.

I think this version is not BH 90210. The storyline is alot different sorry to say kinda boring. When BH was broadcasted, i waited for every single episode relentlessly. Some of the characters don't know how to act, the most of of the reason i'm kinda off of this series. I realy waited to see this show when i first heard of it, kinda disappointed. maybe that's why the networks should leave the orignals alone and noty to make remakes - it can be really disappointing when you anticipate so so much. now they're doing the same to melrose - i think it's a mistake after this.
  • this new 90210 is nothing like the original,

the story is not working... i mean annie meets ty and goes on a first date to his private jet, who does that? the original 90210 had a more intense story with bad boy dylan and boy scout brandon... like you could feel the intensity just by watching and that was the premeire episode, still feel it in re - runs. remember brenda and dylan flirting?... that was intense. this new 90210 i didn't feel nothin'. you can't recreate 90210, what were they thinking?the new 90210 needs a better script and more original stories lines that are not predictable. i might keep watching just to see if it gets any better.
  • I can't believe they are trying to re-do 90210. The original was the best and if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. It's been yrs since the original ended. This is total slap in face to original and aaron spelling.

3.5
    I can't believe they are trying to re-do 90210. The original was the best and if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. It's been yrs since the original ended. This is total slap in face to original and aaron spelling. I can see now why Tori Spelling didn't want to do this show besides the fact that the ppl incharge this version wanted to pay her significantly less than they were paying jenny and shannon. I'm glad Tori and others from original show are saying no to the show. Kudos to them. I know I won't be watching the new one.
  • A family of four moves from Kansas to Beverly Hills and has to adjust to the new life.

As a kid, I used to be a big fan of the original show. So when I heard, they were doing a new version I started to watch and was pretty pleased by the way it turned out. But now I'm not so sure anymore. In the beginning, I thought it could be an interesting show with lots of storys to tell. By now, it feels like they are telling storys worth of several seasons but often leave them hanging.
    A few things, that bug me:

- Harrys son: For a few shows, this was one of the main storylines. Harry found out about him, had to look for, thought, he found, he turned out to be a fraud. And then? The storyline was dropped. Why did Harry stop looking? Now, it's not even mentioned anymore.

- Brenda: Also part of the main storyline, then disappeared, because she couldn't get pregnand. The talk between her and Kelly didn't seem to be so drastic, they would never see each other again. But still, that was it for Brenda

- the relationships: well, it seems, like the producers are so afrait, the show could last only one seaseon that they are trying to cover as many new relationships and breakups as possible. I mean, how many couples/love interests for one person did we have by now? It feels like this season has had more breakups then other shows during several seasons. Slow down, it seems very rushed.

- the undercover cop: OK, everybody can think what the want about the story sending an undercover cop into a Highschool. But what happend to her and Ryan. The last thing we saw was them kissing. And then she disappeared. No closure there as well.

Then all the new people that keep coming and going, I can't even remember their names: The Crash-girl with Ethan, the two guys with Naomi (Liam and...), Ty, the girl that introduces Dixon to gospel (another storyline that was brought in without any reason)...one minute they're, next they're gone.

All in all, the season seems very chaotic and without structure. It seems too rushed. Little advice to the producers: Slow down, otherwise you won't have any storys left to tell.
  • it was better if it was called something else but not 90210.

Oh my God. Please dont do this to us. I try to watch it but I just can stand on it for maximum 10 minutes.
    I was 14 when I started to watch the original Beverly Hills, 90210 started and it was more than show my generation. Everygirl wanted same haircut like Kelly and everyboy wanted same like Dylan.
    I think this new one is just an insult to the original series and its fans.
    I am aware of they are people who loves this show but please there is no pilot and no acting. Naomi, Annie and Adrianna I cant decide which one is the worst. The only one I like is Nazir.
    Maybe if it wasn't called 90210, I would not be so harsh and be more positive but I except something more sofisticated like the original one.
  • Good music, good cast, but poor boring script that has been seen time and time again.

The only reason I gave it a four was Shenae Grimes and Jenny Garth on the cast, the music, and the idea of having Tristan Wilds (Dixon, the brother) play a role that is very unique to television: an african american adopted by a white family. Other than that, it seems more like a soap opera, you know the ones that keep going and going and plot lines get more obscure after each episode, mind you, there have only been TWO episodes. I yawned and turned off the TV, ten minutes into the 2nd episode. It just didn't intrigue me.

Maybe there's a sense of intrigue when the show is set in a city foreign to you like how gossip girls is set in new york but after watching this show and being a native to LA, seeing how the school had a parking lot full of really expensive sport cars or huge SUVs was really ridiculous and really insulting. Too glamorized for my taste which is ironic because I really like gossip girl.

Typical teenage drama storyline: new nice and innocent girl from a rural area comes to school upsets the most popular girl, befriends an outcast, catches the eye the the most popular guy who is so conveniently a jock with a good heart. then there are really awkward drama going on with the adults which i would assume to be a way to entice an older audience, possibly the people who grew up with the original 90210 series? what else am i missing?? hmm... *SPOILER* the new girl will fall into a bad crowd, and will wonder if she likes the way she is becoming. yeahh... seen it too many times before

i say, jenny garth should star in her own show. she was good in what i like about you. make her a mom like in this series! now that is a show i would be willing to watch.
  • What can u say? Nothing beats the original

4.5
    Biggest downfall of this show is not featuring more of the original cast. Now, after watching the success of the rebooted Dallas.... CW may have regretted focusing the show on the new cast.
  • I am afraid this completely crashed for me on the pilot - a feature length episode and still it failed to inspire any empathy for any character and it doesn't bring anything remotely interesting to the table.

4.5
    I never watched the original 90210, yet this one appears to be lacking in many departments. what was most frustrating was the pacing and editing - we appeared to be in half scenes all the time; either it was the beginning half and then we cut to somewhere else, or we come in media res to the end of a scene without any attempt at build up for suspense or necessary space for acting - or some semblance of it. A classic example was that random scene where Ty comes to kiss Annie at the end - he's just at the steps and then it happens - no sense of romance or anything that might make a viewer be pulled in. And we've all seen these characters before, haven't we? So we could at least make them interesting - the actor playing Ethan looks bored. Everything seems a little disconnected as well, as if it's up to the viewers to put in the threads that will tie. Plus, the script is subpar. Perhaps if the writing was better we could forgive the lack of story. I thought there would be more glamour - I think this production team needs to take a leaf out of Josh Schwartz's book if they want to pull of something slick and entertaining, otherwise 90210 seems lost and all over the place.
  • The worst acting in a show about a bunch of rich teenagers, and even worse than the OC.

4.5
    The only reason this show isn't a 1 is because there's a Canadian actress in it. She's terrible, though, and it's kind of sad that this chain-smoking skinny diva is how people view Canada - I'm talking about Shenae Grimes.

This show is so bad I'm embarrassed for the actors. It's pretty much - get a bunch of skinny people with nice clothes and make them read lines. They just read them - with no emotion or an ounce of believeablility(I know that's probably not a word) in them.

For the two minutes I watched a scene this night, all I could think about was 'how can these people consider themselves actors and actresses!?' Ugh. The clothes are nice, which is fine, I guess. The show is totally NOT-believable and full of diva's who look wayy too old to be in high school.
  • It had potential, it had Rob Thomas, so what's happening?!

4.5
    The storyline seems to be drifting off into some odd universe where content is not required, humor is frowned upon and having some form of body fat is not ok. I had high hopes for this show as a whole, especially with the witty writer behind Veronica Mars at the helm but it's just not hitting the mark. The acting is vague at best, characters are loose and hard to connect with, and someone forgot to bring the funny! Honestly very relieved that Shannon Doherty is not hanging around for very long because the tension between her and Jenny Garth is crowding out any other kind of storyline, they don't get along - it's so darn obvious, why try and push through it? And why does Doherty look so...well...old/tired? Get some rest girl, or maybe that's the wrong way to look at it, maybe she's natural while the others aren't, who knows? Oh and please for all that is holy, feed the actresses who play Annie and Silver, if they fall over they'll break and then where will the show be?
  • get rid of all the cast!!!!

Although the storyline was weak and the plot was so dull,I kept watching the show for a mouth because of all the Beverly hills things. But with Annie, her acting kept bugging me(even now).
    All she could do was that EW!-faced. Every time she was sad angry happy sleepy ... she wasn't even pretty i wonder how she could get this part.

Talk about the guy, Ethan could never be a prince-charming or some sort of popular guy. He didn't have that look. He just looked like common guy. The guy you won't recognize his face when he passed by.

BTW, I can't understand why they have to bring back the former cast. I want to see more in every
    characters(90210). They are too shallow to be realistic.
  • From 60 to 0 in 18 episodes.

I came into this show as a fan of the original Beverly Hills, 90210 and loved it from the beginning. It was great to see new characters with old ones in the mix. I watched religiously...until last week.

90210 has gone from a great re-imagining to plain crap so fast, I couldn't believe it. We've had a character go to rehab for drugs and get pregnant, multiple breakups between the same main characters, and now one has gone out of her mind. After the Donna episodes, I think I'll leave this one behind unless they can pull it together fast. But it certainly feels like this one is mid-air over the shark tank.
  • A show about 15-16 year olds who look 20+ in a unrealistic highschool setting full of cliche's and poorly done drama.

Before you get all defensive on me about how it's a good show, ask yourself...Do you smile 24/7? Does everyone around you look like they should be modeling? Do you have a cheesy storyline to your life? Does everyone you meet have something sort of dramatic but not really dramatic going on? Do you look like your 20 when your 15? Do you and everyone around have insanely white teeth? Do you have someone fixing your hair and making sure there's no food in your perfect teeth all the time? Do you not not smile 24/7? Does everyone you know have a past of not-so-dramatic shenanigans? Do you not not not not smile 24/7?
    Well apparently everyone in Beverly Hills does.

The acting is sub-par, the characters are not loveable at all --- any one of them were to die I don't think I'd care..I take that back --- The Lacrosse coach is the only good character and he's barely in the show.

Furthermore, the writing is bad and unrealistic. I can see how someone would like this but if you've ever watched any GOOD teen dramas you'd recognize the flaws and they'd sit there poking you until you can't stand to be poked by them anymore.

New show please, CW.