Trust, Truth and Traffic

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 31, 2012 on The CW

• 90210 changes it up for a week and delivers quality drama.

I know for a fact many people didn't enjoy this episode as throughly as I did, the only question is why? 90210 finally dealt with actually issues instead of ridiculous love triangles as the sole focus of the show. I feel like 90210 is going to get better from here on out, I definitely could be wrong but I finally have a good feeling about this show.

The only setback of the episode was Silver. So she acts like a total douche to all her friends the past couple episodes and she expects to get full redemption in the last 10 minutes of the episode? Huh? I'm not buying it. The only good thing that came out of her mouth this week was her conversation with Annie: "How did you get from this to that?" Yeah that's what every 90210 viewer is wondering about the show in general.

Finally we see Ivy not worrying about some guy like she usually is this season, she's actually focusing on her career. Naomi was in the backdrop which was fantastic and she usually annoys the heck out of me but now that she's doing something productive to further her education, I enjoyed her story line.

The best part of the episode, however, was the amazing tie in with Annie's prostitution and the Kappa fire with Dixon & Austin. Did not see that coming and even though I was having trouble wrapping my head around things, the payoff was still worth it. All season, the writers have been trying to find some depth with Austin, they have finally found it, ladies and gentlemen, with him taking the fall. And now Annie has to suffer with the guilt, amazing!

Stick to this 90210, this formula never fails, stick to issues, not relationships and the show will be a success.
  • To the writers of 90210.

I have watched this show since the first episode. The first season was great, but it wasn't until the 2nd season that writers started to find convenient ways to sweep story lines and characters under the rug. Case in point with Austin. They have spend a lot of time this season developing his character and in a matter of 5 mins, he is taking the blame for a crime he didn't commit! Who does that?! No one. it seemed like the writers said "well we have nothing left for this character, so lets just have him take the blame for a crime he didn't commit". This episode was a hot mess.