Anyone watch this show?

2cherries

[21]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 3

yeah, I've discovered it as well.. It's soooo funny!! It can indeed be compared to "little britain" which I love as well

My favourite sketches include the one where Stephen is this creepy man with a cat ("firelights dancing on your naked shivering thighs" "Nigel you amaze me!!"), his lustful looks at Hugh (as a naive nerd) are just hilarious!

I also like the songs "where is the lid" and "america", especially the first one really cracked me up.

The sketch with the general and an officer ("you bet your ass, my ass), where they totally made fun of the Americans (like they did often) Stephen's accent was awesome

Oh and when they were playing those two annoying, know it all, old guys. Man they could just play anything

well, I could go on for hours, but it's such a great show. It's a shame I hadn't heard of this before

(Hello sanna! )

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pulkkanen

[22]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 16
    I watched ABoF&L when it came from TV (it must be at least five years ago) and I recorded every single episode on VHS. .. Too bad that I don't own a VCR! Luckily I've now found them on DVD. This show is every bit as amazing as I remembered! .. And not just because I love both Hugh & Stephen, but so many things click in this. They are having so much fun doing their sketches together and I can feel that as I'm watching. Tony & Control are my favorite characters. ..  And of course I also love it when Hugh sings..

henrybaulch

[23]Mar 4, 2007
    Another great set of sketches was one they only did once per series. In the sketches Hugh would enter a shop of some sort and Stephen would play an eccentric shopkeeper and continually confuse and annoy Hugh. In series three the offscreen character of "Mr. Dalliard" was introduced and often spoken to by Stephen to the further bewilderment of Hugh. The first sketch was "B*t*hmother come light my bottom" from the first episode. Also, the times when Hugh or Stephen broke the fourth wall and abruptly ended the sketch were funny.

randy_roes

[24]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 11

A Bit of Fry and Laurie is just an awesome show.
    You can see why both actors are among the best the UK has to offer.

Best episode is the one where Hugh Laurie is "dead", great dry Brittish humor I call it!

lamanchagirl

[25]Nov 20, 2007
    I've been watching it online... well, what I can find online, anyway. I wish it came on here... and that it was still running.

thankHouse4God

[26]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 2

ABOFAL is the best British comedy Sketch show there has ever been thus the best the world has ever seen.

Soupy twist.