A Country Practice

Seven Network (ended 1993)

ardie8

A Country Practice Fan Reviews (3)

6.9
  • An Australian masterpiece.

Being Australian myself, "A Country Practice" is one Australian show that I really treasure. Which is ironic, because I am not a big fan of dramas (but I think this show was much more than just a typical drama).

This show began on TV about half a year before I was born but I was raised on it. My parents used to watch it EVERY time it was on TV - so it probably just became a family tradition that we would all sit down to watch it together. Some of the characters on the show even became household names for us. For example my dad used to call my sister (who was born a year after me) "Esme" (after Joyce Jacob's character) - that's not her actual name, but that is what he used to call her.

I think I was a little too young to remember Molly - but I do remember that when Shirley (Lorrae Desmond) [whose character I had known all my life] died it really got to me. I think I was only about 8 or 9 years old at the time.

The TV theme is also forever etched into my memory. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of my childhood and how that time seemed to pass by so quickly. I wish there really was a real Wandin Valley, it would make a nice place to visit (although I think my dad was raised near the area where the show was actually filmed).

• I loved A Country Practice. I have been watching it since it first started. I liked Darcy Hudson played by Kym Wilson because she is one of my favorite characters in the show.

A Country Practice was set in Wandin valley in a town in New South Wales.

For years the main characters have remained in the story. Others came and went sometimes for short periods and sometimes for many episodes.

They helped to make the story more exciting.
    Some of the main chracters were Terence, Matthew, Lucy, Dr Kouros, Jessica, Cathy, Matron Sloan and Frank and Shirley.

Each episode was a story on its own but it formed part of the whole story.
  • A classic aussie drama!

This would have been one of the first shows I sat down and watched every week never missing a episode. It was the type of show that the whole family watched together.
    The show had lovable characters of a small town. The storylines were always dramatic.
    The most memorable episode for me was when Molly died. I think I cried for a week!