A Country Practice

Seven Network (ended 1993)

ardie8

A Country Practice Fan Reviews (3)

6.9
  • An Australian masterpiece.

Being Australian myself, "A Country Practice" is one Australian show that I really treasure. Which is ironic, because I am not a big fan of dramas (but I think this show was much more than just a typical drama).

This show began on TV about half a year before I was born but I was raised on it. My parents used to watch it EVERY time it was on TV - so it probably just became a family tradition that we would all sit down to watch it together. Some of the characters on the show even became household names for us. For example my dad used to call my sister (who was born a year after me) "Esme" (after Joyce Jacob's character) - that's not her actual name, but that is what he used to call her.

I think I was a little too young to remember Molly - but I do remember that when Shirley (Lorrae Desmond) [whose character I had known all my life] died it really got to me. I think I was only about 8 or 9 years old at the time.

The TV theme is also forever etched into my memory. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of my childhood and how that time seemed to pass by so quickly. I wish there really was a real Wandin Valley, it would make a nice place to visit (although I think my dad was raised near the area where the show was actually filmed).