how to submit

angelsxo

[1]Mar 2, 2006
    • level: 97
    How to Submit to the guides I manage
    How to Submit QUOTES!
    ____________________________________________________________________________

DIRECTIONS FOR SUBMITTING QUOTES (see below):

Quotes are specific dialogue between characters. Quotes submitted should always be specific to the episode, not the show, and should be formatted as follows:

Brooke: So that’s the boy that beat Nathan?
    (Peyton nods)
    Brooke: Well, he's good from behind.
    Please put the colon OUTSIDE of the < /b > html tags.

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT USE ANY SPACES IN THE HTML TAGS THAT APPEAR ABOVE - I just did that so you can see the tags...there should be NO spaces between any of the characters...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT IS BETTER TO HAVE THE PARENETHESES ON THE INSIDE OF THE ITALICS TAGS, BUT IT MAKES SUCH A SMALL DIFFERENCE THAT I CERTAINLY DO NOT REJECT SUBMISSIONS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE THEM INSIDE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES, THERE SHOULD BE PARENTHESIS AROUND ANY ACTION IN ITALICS

OF THE ABOVE EXAMPLES, THESE I WOULD FIND MORE ACCEPTABLE (SEE BELOW):

John (yawning): I'm sleepy.

(AND)

Arnold: (reloads his pistol)
    Fred: What're you doing?!

STAR QUOTES on PERSON GUIDES:

yes, the format for quotes is the same on people guides as it is for show guides-->see format here

also, on PEOPLE guides only, whether you use the "trivia" submission form or the "quote" submission form it will go to the same place on the guide - it all gets posted to the "TRIVIA" section, since we do not currently have a separate tab for "QUOTES" on the people guides.

Pease Don't submit to remove italics as they are where they are for a reason.

Please don't submit quotes until you have read how to contribute them.

Please check all quote before submitting some are under "more quotes".

Please don't submit to remove bold as they are there for a reason

Please don't submit mulitple trivia submit one trivia at a time.

Before you submit please read the FAQ if you have not.

This is how I do my people guides.

1) names are in bold and italics
    2) Show names are in bold.
    3) Quotes are in " " quotation marks
    4) magazines/awards/olaces are in italics
    5) Other people's names should be in italics.

I am currently working on them to make them all consistant.

Thank you for all submissions.

Mary
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ianguyman

[2]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 13
    Thanks for the info!

1hotgem

[3]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 1

I'm not sure how this all works, so please forgive me if I'm doing this all wrong! I am searching for a specific episode on A Current Affair, that aired in 1988-1989. I'm really not 100% sure as to what the name of the episode was, but it might have been, "Lace Liquor and Lingerie". It was a piece done on a lingerie agent named Caroline Gallor (The Lingerie Ladies). The models did shows for all Holiday Inns. I would love to find it! I've been trying to find it for years now. I was 'on' that show! I'd love to see it and to show my husband! Please help!!! I have no idea as to 'how' I would track it down... Feel free to email me at realgem13@yahoo.com with any information that you could possibly help me with. (I so hope this works)