A Different World Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

Reunion in September!

Mahoganie3

[1]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 16

Someone sent me an e-mail with pics from the reunion. It will air in September as a part of Nick at Nite/TV Land's new line up. If someone can tell me how to post photos, I will post them here!

The reunion is not an episode of ADW, but the panel sitting around at the MTV studio talking. So it's probably more like a retrospective.

Edited on 07/24/2006 6:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 52
    Mahoganie3 wrote:

Someone sent me an e-mail with pics from the reunion. It will air in September as a part of Nick at Nite/TV Land's new line up. If someone can tell me how to post photos, I will post them here!

The reunion is not an episode of ADW, but the panel sitting around at the MTV studio talking. So it's probably more like a retrospective.

Wow it's been a long time coming.  I'll watch it.

To post photos click on the insert/modify image part.  Make sure you have the properties.  It should end in .gif or .jpg.  You can preview before you want to put it down also.

Mahoganie3

[3]Jul 26, 2006
    Where is the insert/modify image part? I don't see it when I click "reply" or should I click something else first?

Lokar

[4]Jul 29, 2006
    • level: 26
    I'm glad to hear it. I really miss that show. It was such a good cast. It'll be good to catch up with all of them.

Ppunkinseed

[5]Aug 7, 2006
    Oh wow, I'll look forward to seeing that. I'm glad the show is back on Nick. It was one of my favorite shows and I especially like seeing some of the guests who went on to do other shows. For instance, I'd forgotten that Kim Wayans was one of the "filler students" (as I call them) during the earlier season.

snbc333

[6]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 9

i looked it up on the nick at nite website and googled it and this is wat i found:

http://worldofstaci.blogspot.com/2006/07/different-world-reunion.html (i dont know how much this one will help)

http://mattandramona.1079thelink.com/photos/gallery.cfm?ID=283&postalcode=14217  (pictures)

those are really the only recent things i could find. it happened on July 17th as a promotion thing for it coming to nick at nite--which is owned by mtv. i would LOVE to see a reunion. i wish they would do just one episode of a different world so we could see how the characters would turn out all these years later. i doubt denise would be in the episode though because its rumored lisa bonet doesnt do stuff related to the cosby show. yet she is at the promo thing so go figure, lol. all of them together though would be AWESOME.

telvisnostic

[7]Aug 20, 2006

I saw a commercial around 1 or 2am on TvLand and Lisa Bonet ahd an invite for a reunion.  She said she's goig to be there.

Then the announcer said join us as we have a reunion all week long...the week of  8-28-06 to 9-1-06

Noteldnep

[8]Aug 21, 2006
    Cool. I didn't expect Lisa Bonet to be in this, but it's cool that she will be.

shelley06

[9]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 21
    I saw the commercial too (on Nick at Nite)! I'm really excited!

telvisnostic

[10]Aug 22, 2006

shelley06 wrote:
    I saw the commercial too (on Nick at Nite)! I'm really excited!

Me too, I think it's going to be great. 

properchild

[11]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 2
    As far as I'm concerned, it seems Lisa Bonnet will be the odd wheel in this reunion. What will she have to offer from her 1 season of utter disgraceful acting? I sound like a hater, but I'm not. It's just that her stint on the show was the worst of the show. Seasons 2-6 were the life of the show. What will she have to offer?

Whatever the case may be, I'm still excited. I'm so upset about the DVD being cancelled. Why do the Black shows get the shaft. CRAP!

telvisnostic

[12]Aug 23, 2006

properchild wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, it seems Lisa Bonnet will be the odd wheel in this reunion. What will she have to offer from her 1 season of utter disgraceful acting? I sound like a hater, but I'm not. It's just that her stint on the show was the worst of the show. Seasons 2-6 were the life of the show. What will she have to offer? Whatever the case may be, I'm still excited. I'm so upset about the DVD being cancelled. Why do the Black shows get the shaft. CRAP!

I still don't know why.

Now because ADW is cancelled, The Cosby Show may not come out.

There is also no word on Martin coming out or some other good black shows.

It's really upsetting.

txgirl75

[13]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 23
    Noteldnep wrote:
    Me neither. Just was just in one season. Didn't know the show ment anything to her. Good she is though.

waverley

[14]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 8
    snbc333 wrote:

i looked it up on the nick at nite website and googled it and this is wat i found:

http://worldofstaci.blogspot.com/2006/07/different-world-reunion.html (i dont know how much this one will help)

http://mattandramona.1079thelink.com/photos/gallery.cfm?ID=283&postalcode=14217  (pictures)

those are really the only recent things i could find. it happened on July 17th as a promotion thing for it coming to nick at nite--which is owned by mtv. i would LOVE to see a reunion. i wish they would do just one episode of a different world so we could see how the characters would turn out all these years later. i doubt denise would be in the episode though because its rumored lisa bonet doesnt do stuff related to the cosby show. yet she is at the promo thing so go figure, lol. all of them together though would be AWESOME.

'ron' looks like he aged the best out of all of them...

Noteldnep

[15]Aug 26, 2006
    txgirl75 wrote:
    Noteldnep wrote:
    Me neither. Just was just in one season. Didn't know the show ment anything to her. Good she is though.

Yeah, especially considering that fact that she was only in the show for one season, it's extremely nice of her.

Blooraine77903

[16]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 7
    is it me or did "dwayne" change the most? i personally dont think he changed for all the better but what do you guys think? whitely looks almost exactly the same though

properchild

[17]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 2
    I think Jasmine Guy's smoking has caused her to age terribly. It's a shame. Looking at the show and looking at her now, in fact, all of the girls, is heart breaking. Then again, it was 20 years ago. Of course they're going to look different. We sure do hold celebrities to a high standard, don't we.

Blooraine77903

[18]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 7
    yah, but hey were only human. lol!

waverley

[19]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 8
    does anyone know what day the reunion show will air?  also, what channel will it be on?  thanks!

txgirl75

[20]Sep 8, 2006
    • level: 23
    I think the reuion was part of the Marathon they had a couple of weeks ago. It just had them talk about stuff during the comercial break. SO it wasn't really much of one.