A Gifted Man

In Case of a Bolt From the Blue

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 06, 2012 on CBS

• Crazy Good Episode!

Did I say the last one was the best? Well, I got proved wrong. This episode was absolutely captivating and even suspensful in its most intelligent way. The story writing of the series is getting better by the episode. The characters are evolving and engaging even with their sometimes irritating flaws. Dr. Holt is becoming a really complex character like a shell that is being cracked open to reveal delicate feelings and personal growth on his side.

New York in a Blizzard provided the perfect background for the pace of the episode which got really tense as Michael finds himself in a life threatening situation. And with all the excitement if the patients would find treatmeant right on time there were some hilarious scenes which made me burst with laughter.

It was the perfect mix with a dash of humanity thrown in. There were some really touching scenes in this episode which make it worth to watch it all over again. I'm stating no details as I don't want any spoilers in here. Just watch for yourself and get drawn into the world of A Gifted Man.

• My Favorite Episode so Far

There was so much in this episode to talk about as each case was very well presented. The message that stuck me the most, likely because of my own life circumstances these days, is that it is vital that we take case of ourselves and if we don't do so, we're of no use to anyone else. Micheal's false bravado could have cost him his life and by the time he figured it out, he was in a desperate situation and only by the grace of Kate coming out to get some fresh air, did it not turn out worse.

It reminds me of a couple of old adages: 'If you don't stand up for yourself, who will?' and 'If you save one soul, make it your own.'

Lastly, a shout out to Becky Ann Baker for an outstanding performance as Anna's former patient Mary Polanco. :)