A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

A Haunting Fan Reviews page 2 of 4

• I love these shows

I love these shows and patiently wait for each new show. I have never done anything to encourage a Ghost to appear, yet I did see a full body apparition. It is really rude when nonbelievers insult because they have not seen anything, maybe one day they will see a Ghost. If you have only negative comments about these shows, just remember that no one is forcing you to watch.
  • WTH!!

they show Raymond bucklands book while talking about the dark arts? and then the necronomicon? they obviously don't do proper research!! Raymonds book is NOT about the dark arts!! GODS get a CLUE!!

and as for the "Christians" umm, do you guys even read your own holy book? if you look, Jesus never had a problem with the Pagans, just his own people, the isrealites being rat bastards & not following Gods law.

there is 1 spot where the bible talks about a "sorceress" which was later coined a "witch" , it's more or less a msitranslation of an idea. NOT what everyone thinks!

umm, you do realise the Catholics butchered the bible on at least 2 occasions through out history that i know of? probably more. and King James? wow, he mangled it as well. so, really, you guys have no leg to stand on regarding witches/pagans.

i rate this a 1, because Destination America's egregious lack of research!

Funnell Vortex is correct, in all but 1 thing. this IS SO much Christian propeganda. however i do beleive evil exists and for lack of better frame of reference many call them demons.
  • They are messing with fire...

I am a Christian and believe that God does not want us to communicate with any being but Him. You have no idea what is on the other end of the interaction. This is why I don't like these shows. Fake or not they promote acknowledging spirits. There is evil out there. Doing this may open a door and invite trouble in. Why subject yourself to it unless absolutely necessary?

Also, I suggest that those of you who bash Christianity do some open-minded reading and see for yourselves what Christianity really is. If I am wrong then that's fine. No harm done. If I am right then I will spend eternity with Jesus without evil and sin.
  • ALL KIND OF GRAT HAUNTING ALLBEST OBES OVER10 UP THAKEYOU

HI OVER10 UP ALLGRAT AHAUTING UK USA WHLOEWROLD THAKEYOU NEW ALLNEWONESNOW 2013
  • At the name of Jesus demons tremble

A Haunting is the best show on Destination America

I always look forward to your A Haunting episodes. I've watched them all repeatedly. I know them by heart. Yrs ago I've gone thru terrifying experiences with evil spirits & I really didn't know how to get rid of them. I was so scared back then & I was a Christian, but I was what you call a baby Christian. I didn't know that much about the Bible. But I'm telling you when you experience something like this, it makes you a strong believer. Just from reading a few comments below makes me think these few people really haven't been scared enough to call on God or they're just allowing evil spirits to deceive them. Some people like the devil. It's weird.

Years ago, I was too embarrassed to ask for help. When my family & I were being tormented there weren't any paranormal TV shows. I wish there was. I asked somebody from our church, a friend, if there were real demons & she said "Oh, yes!" But, she didn't tell me how to get rid of them & I didn't ask. At first I think it was too much for my heart to handle. I mean I was terrified when I heard this whisper in the room with me & my little girl. But that happened, after we all had heard this powerful breathing coming from outside our windows in the summertime. I mean it had to fly from one window to the other making this loud breathing sound. There are no lungs on this earth powerful enough to make that kind of sound. Before it happened, me & the kids were starting to watch a movie on TV & I heard a noise at the front door. I went to look, but nothing was there. We watched the movie, then I went to my bedroom, while the kids were all settling down to go to bed. Then I heard my oldest daughter call for me. She said "Mom! Something's outside our house. Listen!" I said "Oh, it's I just shrugged it off. But she said "No, Mom come here! Listen!" So, I started walking thru the kitchen & I could it hear it from there. I went to their bedroom & it was so loud I could not believe what I was hearing. We lived in the country & we had lights on every side of the house. I looked at the trees to see, if the leaves were blowing, but there was no wind. I pushed my face on the screen to look down on each side of the windows, and didn't see anyone hiding. I grabbed my little girl who was asleep near the window. I got all the kids into the middle bathroom. Turned off all the lights. Some had gotten utensils from the kitchen to defend us. They were terrified. But this sound was not from this world. I can tell you that right now. This was supernatural. It scared us so bad. So, I got my kids in the middle of the house in the bathroom, turned off all the lights, and I said "Come on, kids pray with me. The Bible says wherever there are 2 or more gathered together in His name, He will be there in the midst of And they all held hands & I led them in prayer. IMMEDIATELY it stopped!

I'm telling anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, you are fooling yourself, if you don't think He's real. Even the demons believe & tremble! They know who He is.

They took off, as soon as I said His name!

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Memorize the Lord's Prayer. Part of it says He rescues us from demons.

Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER(RESCUE) US FROM EVIL: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

By His authority, God has given all His children POWER over the enemy.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and OVER ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, THAT THE SPIRITS ARE SUBJECT UNTO YOU; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

• Bad show.

Lets clarify; I DO believe in ghosts, but this show is end to end bullshit.

This whole show is clearly religious propaganda, where Jesus is the answer to everything, 99% of the time. Why else would the majority of the episodes be set in the south? lol.

But seriously, it is pure scripted religious propaganda. Always with the Christian demons that were released by satanic rituals or bad acts (or a ghost of someone that is considered bad by Christian standards) haunting a christian family and having Jesus come save the day (how predictable).

I also don't like how it misleads people about ghosts and spirits, portraying almost every spirit as being violent and evil. MOST GHOSTS ARE HARMLESS, AND DEMONS DON'T EXIST!

The acting in the show is bad. The special effects are so bad as well.

Please, go watch Ghost Hunters and not this shit.
  • New Format

I am very pleased with the new format and the homage payed to the only real way to get help when encountering genuine paranormal hauntings. I am sure the secular world will complain, but the truth is the truth and all the secular howlings will not change that.
  • Can't stand the new format for "A haunting"

I've watched and enjoyed the show for years and was looking forward to the new episodes. I can't stand the new episodes! First, to makes things clear, "A Haunting" is under new direction; namely New Dominion Pictures for Destination America. In general the plots have changed quite a bit. Almost every new episode is talking about jesus jesus jesus. I'm sick of it! As if the christians have all the answers. Ok, as a sidebar, Christianity is the most hypocritical of all the major religions. But that is another discussion. Is the new administration for this show run by a bunch of christians? I know that New Dominion Pictures produces many many other shows besides "A Haunting" and I'm not familiar with jesus being mentioned in them but what the hell happened to "A haunting"?! I feel like they're forcing jesus down my throat in almost every episode. Come on! Every time a priest gets called to a haunting. matters only get worse. Christians are performing exorcisms and house blessings based on a religious dogma which is completely bogus and self destructive. They don't help but only worsen the situation. There's already more than enough christianity being forced on people daily. I certainly don't want it in a show which I used to love watching. True, "A Haunting" has always had episodes with priests doing exorcisms but it wasn't every show. Since New Dominion Pictures associated with Destination America took over, it's in every episode. Yes, I'm offended! As a paranormal investigator with years of experience having seen more than my share of actual hauntings and having been involved in exorcisms and house blessings with and for christians as well as pagans, I am offended!

What happened? I really want to know what happened to the show. The realism of the show has been lost and replaced with christian dramatics. Like I said ealier, I used to love the show but I am not watching it again if I have to sit there and listen to people reading from the bible, jesus this and jesus that, crucifixes all over the place and holy water thrown everywhere. It's that infantile understanding of religion that gets alot of people in trouble with regard to hauntings in the first place! You have lost a loyal viewer. I'm sure your ratings will plummet.
  • A HAUNTING IS THE BEST

YES FINALLY ITS BEEN ABOUT A YEAR OR TWO SINCE IVE SEEN NEW EPISODES OF A HAUNTING ..
  • I did not think they would ever bring back the show

I cant believe they made some new shows, hopefully they will keep it up and bring it back, great show
  • A Haunting will return!!!

A haunting will have new episodes, Friday Oct. 12th on Discovery Chanel's sister station, Destination America. I just saw the promo, on tv.
  • Ghost Hunters or GHI is a good show.

BillyEversole A Haunting is still on TV least on Dish Network ch 194 AMERI every day at Noon & some day's it's on more than once but I think TAPS ala Ghost Hunters is the best show & the Worst is one w that Zac guy w his Yettie's & other weird stuff & SO FAKE & Zac is SO annoying I don't get why that show even made it on the air & from what I've noticed is I'm pretty sure he's friends w Grant & Steve & IMO I'd think they would distance themselfs from ppl like Zac who are so full of Bologna at least not be seen w that guy & his Fake Paranormal Show which make me think of Carnival side shows but whatever I'm not watching that show w Zac & ppl can watch TAPS from Amazon I think $1.99 per episode kinda stinks u can't watch it for free & My Fav show was one w Meatloaf when he's asking a question & his radio goes off & freaks him out a total LOL one but a haunting show is bit creepy least the narrator makes it worse I like see when the family's get there space back & there family's the best part for me.
  • whyyyyyyyyyyyy did you cancel a haunting series???????????

hey discovery...what the hell...why did you cancel a haunting series?????? geeeeeeez it was the only show on ghosts that was close to real....the other ones like ghost hunters were not even close to real.... I watch zak bagans ghost show now which is close to real...but your a haunting show was the best....why?????????????? plz tell us u will bring it back
  • The supposed actual victims who narrate between the re-enacting are just actors.

The actual people narrating their experience between the reenactment phases can't be real and must be actors. One woman said she was 9 in 1972. No way was she that old. An elderly woman was speaking of her father, then the father was stating his experience and there wasn't a decade between them. Phony.

• come back!

I love this show; but, how long do I have to wait for more episodes? There are tons of hauntings in the world today, with or without pets! Just come to Louisiana for a day or so and you will have more than you want to check out! Real educational stuff here!

• Ghost Stories told by people and their pets. Reinactments and real footages are shown in this show.

Absolute favorite show! I got into ghost shows so that I can finally get rid of my fear of ghosts, it's slowly working. This show is great because it features how the animals behave and also they show the real footage used by the different paranormal groups while they were investigating. I also like the mix of the dramatization interlinked with the real people that went through this experience.
  • If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been lower.

A Haunting is One Hundered Percent fake from start to finish. This show is so pathetic and terrbilly written it's funny. The expressions and special effects are just sad. It doesn't take an idiot to realize this show is fake. For all of you haunting wannabies: there are no such things as ghosts, only demons. If you think your house is haunted, you're either paranoid, or you're seriously screwed up in the head. None of the episodes are even scary, it seems as if the writers didn't even try. Instead of scaring me, this show just makes me laugh. And I'm sure that's not their intention. If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been even lower.
  • One of the creepiest shows on TV...

This has to be one of the creepiest shows still shown on TV. The first time I saw this, a few years ago, I was too scared to get out of bed at night. It's that freaky! Just watching the opening creeps the heck out of me! This is one scary show...

A Haunting retells "true" stories of people being haunted by ghosts. While some episodes are a little pointless, most are really enjoyable and extremely scary! I fell in love with the series from the first episode and I'm sure a lot of other people did too. To sum it up, if you're looking for a good scare, this is the show for you!
  • Abused case in Austin, Texas.

I have heard that a woman got abused by a ghost in Austin, Texas. Yes, she got abused by a basta.. ghost for real.

Of course they have called the priest to chase off the ghost, but 9 month after the incident she got a baby...

I don't know what happened next but I don't wanna know, I thik I'm gonna just go to the church and prey, prey, prey, prey and prey...!

May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !
  • This show is wonderful. I wonder why they stopped making new episodes? They need to continue the search for more hauntings.

This is such a fabulous show. So many people have been touched by paranormal activities and hauntings and it needs to continue production. It gives insight and hope to those who may need help with such encounters. I have known people who have encountered activity, including myself. Sometimes people do seek help and understanding. The work done by Ed and Loraine Warren through the years is also an inspiration in itself. I'm sure they have many stories to tell. Maybe Loraine would be willing to contribute some of her experiences for production. This show needs to continue production for people interested in hauntings and paranormal activity, to help people who need interaction.
  • Fantastic renactments of some of the most disturbung hauntings ever recorded in North America. The best series of its kind I have seen. Based on real life events. Simply superb.

Based on real life events, fantastic re-enactments of some of the most disturbung hauntings ever recorded in North America. Presented in a documentary style format. Brilliant production values, well researched,chilling. Well acted and scripted. Have caught myself looking around more than once while watching the series at night.

Use to be on Foxtel's Discovery Channel. Was so impressed with the show I bought Series 1,2 and 3.

Raises serious questions about the after-life, to the doubters and the converted alike. I have never been touched by a haunting but I know plenty of people who have.

The best production of its kind I have ever seen. Simply superb.
  • "Between the world we see, and the things we fear, there are doorways. When they are opened, nightmares become reality." This show reenacts incidents of paranormal phenomena, with commentary from the victims.

If you are in the mood for some serious chills, than this is the show for you. All of the reenactments are well done, with serious emphasis being put on what scared the victims. This was a show that I discovered not too long ago on the Discovery Channel, and I must say- even though many episodes have scared me out of my wits, I love this show, and I am sad that there won't be any new episodes- at least not for now. I also will say that if you do not believe in ghosts and hauntings, you will by the time you finish watching this show. Overall, really good, scary show. Hope it comes back soon.
  • A Haunting episode on today about a woman who's child was possessed by a man who they called "MAN" The mother told the story and she of course was the hero. She made the entity attack her in MONSTER form and then made him leave by blowing some smoke! Ha.

1.5
    I have to say, this episode was an insult to anyone's intelligence. It was almost stupid and definitely laughable. I think some people just make up this stuff. I do like the show and do believe that there are unexplained things out there for sure. But this one was just not believable. To me any entity that is strong enough to show themselves in a REAL MONSTER form would not be expelled from the home just by a bunch of smoke and ranting "Leave my House" Maybe producers should give the public a little more credit that they are not so naive. This one was just plain unbelievable.
  • This show is a spinner! I totally experience very little things that go on with me in my household and I try to make sense of it, saying it could be something else, but when that one day husband told me a story I started thinking otherwise!

Ever since I was a little girl I've experienced weird things going on around me. Never nothing threatning, and it seems like to me it's just trying to let me know it's there is all. I don't know what to think about it. But when your trying to tell someone who don't believe you and then all of a sudden something happens to them and now they believe you its just down right weird to me! It makes me angry because I don't want to be bothered by nothing! My mom says it could be a good thing, but I think not!
  • The absolute best series I have ever seen.

I absolutly love ghostly type, haunting shows...especially documenteries. I do not like blood, guts and gore. That's not scary. This is. I have recently purchased seasons 1,2 &3. The fourth will be available soon. I don't know what I'll do when I've seen them all. I really would like to see much more of this series or something simular to it. Movies like The Changling, with George C. Scott, What Lies Beneath, with Harrison Ford, and the "non-out-doable" The Excorsist, are really great scary movies in my book. They are based on true hauntings or the possibility of. A Haunting fits right in with these. I NEED MORE! Thanks.
  • Sometimes I think Ghosts are fake & real but I just need some convincing.

Yeah, the Score would be higher if the Acting was better. I did have one experience about a year ago in July or August: I was watching TV & the Window & Door was closed. The Vent is on the Roof. When I looked to the right of- near the corner of the Room, My Towel was hanging halfway & it suddenly moved up & I ran out of my Room. There was no Air either, so I don't know what caused. Nothing as serious as the show but I just don't think it is Real because each episode always needs a Priest to be involved. But I guess it is still entertaining.
  • this show was awesome.

when i first saw this episode i was seeing the whole earth as if i walked in another dimension from my home (apartment) to a realm that showed ghosts and the undead alive like watching high definition. a haunting was the only show that ever showed me that what lurks out there in the big world besides all of the stuff you normally see in your past lives. after this showed me enough i finally get to understand the supernatural and it's evil. i also get to understand that your fantasy life in the show won't come true.instead the ghosts will haunt till you do an exorcism.
    grade point average:A++
  • Scares the crap out of me!

I love this show, it's very addicting but I cant watch it all the time because I'm paranoid that a ghost is in my house. But it's pretty interesting. I have some interests in the paranormal myself and a few experiences where I've come in contact with spirits. But I wouldnt consider a under 13 years of age watching this because it can be very scary for kids to see their nightmares become real and to think that this really happened to someone. Even me at 16 am scared to death of this show but loves to watch it.

The actors on this show could be better. Sometimes I notice them reusing actors for different episodes. but other than that, this show is great.
  • a haunting is about people being haunted by ghosts.

a haunting is one of the best shows in the world. i watch a haunting every time i get a chance. i love to see how the whole thing will play out. i learned about some some of the ghosts. i vary interested in ghosts. i think they are so cool. i like how the show looks so real when it's only a reenactment. My whole family watches it too. i don't think their's anyone who doesn't watch a haunting once and a while. i wish that they would stop repeating the same shows over and over again. i love the show!
  • I always get goosebumps whenever I watch this

I never watch it during mornings or afternoons, I always want to watch it every midnight to keep myself awake.

Exorcisms, possessions, haunted houses and cursed objects, classic things that always scares me anytime.

I love this show so much, yet at the same time hate it since it always gives me nightmares, and I can't even get the scenes out of my head.

I also feel that this show might strengthen our faith to God, since it's mostly God doing the hard work in exorcisms or taking out the devil from the person, even if it scares us, it's still a miracle for them to be alive, and I hoped they're faith in God gets stronger as well.
1 2 3 4