A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

gabfan31

A Haunting Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• I did not think they would ever bring back the show

I cant believe they made some new shows, hopefully they will keep it up and bring it back, great show
  • A Haunting will return!!!

A haunting will have new episodes, Friday Oct. 12th on Discovery Chanel's sister station, Destination America. I just saw the promo, on tv.
  • Ghost Hunters or GHI is a good show.

BillyEversole A Haunting is still on TV least on Dish Network ch 194 AMERI every day at Noon & some day's it's on more than once but I think TAPS ala Ghost Hunters is the best show & the Worst is one w that Zac guy w his Yettie's & other weird stuff & SO FAKE & Zac is SO annoying I don't get why that show even made it on the air & from what I've noticed is I'm pretty sure he's friends w Grant & Steve & IMO I'd think they would distance themselfs from ppl like Zac who are so full of Bologna at least not be seen w that guy & his Fake Paranormal Show which make me think of Carnival side shows but whatever I'm not watching that show w Zac & ppl can watch TAPS from Amazon I think $1.99 per episode kinda stinks u can't watch it for free & My Fav show was one w Meatloaf when he's asking a question & his radio goes off & freaks him out a total LOL one but a haunting show is bit creepy least the narrator makes it worse I like see when the family's get there space back & there family's the best part for me.
  • whyyyyyyyyyyyy did you cancel a haunting series???????????

hey discovery...what the hell...why did you cancel a haunting series?????? geeeeeeez it was the only show on ghosts that was close to real....the other ones like ghost hunters were not even close to real.... I watch zak bagans ghost show now which is close to real...but your a haunting show was the best....why?????????????? plz tell us u will bring it back
  • The supposed actual victims who narrate between the re-enacting are just actors.

The actual people narrating their experience between the reenactment phases can't be real and must be actors. One woman said she was 9 in 1972. No way was she that old. An elderly woman was speaking of her father, then the father was stating his experience and there wasn't a decade between them. Phony.

• come back!

I love this show; but, how long do I have to wait for more episodes? There are tons of hauntings in the world today, with or without pets! Just come to Louisiana for a day or so and you will have more than you want to check out! Real educational stuff here!

• Ghost Stories told by people and their pets. Reinactments and real footages are shown in this show.

Absolute favorite show! I got into ghost shows so that I can finally get rid of my fear of ghosts, it's slowly working. This show is great because it features how the animals behave and also they show the real footage used by the different paranormal groups while they were investigating. I also like the mix of the dramatization interlinked with the real people that went through this experience.
  • If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been lower.

A Haunting is One Hundered Percent fake from start to finish. This show is so pathetic and terrbilly written it's funny. The expressions and special effects are just sad. It doesn't take an idiot to realize this show is fake. For all of you haunting wannabies: there are no such things as ghosts, only demons. If you think your house is haunted, you're either paranoid, or you're seriously screwed up in the head. None of the episodes are even scary, it seems as if the writers didn't even try. Instead of scaring me, this show just makes me laugh. And I'm sure that's not their intention. If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been even lower.
  • One of the creepiest shows on TV...

This has to be one of the creepiest shows still shown on TV. The first time I saw this, a few years ago, I was too scared to get out of bed at night. It's that freaky! Just watching the opening creeps the heck out of me! This is one scary show...

A Haunting retells "true" stories of people being haunted by ghosts. While some episodes are a little pointless, most are really enjoyable and extremely scary! I fell in love with the series from the first episode and I'm sure a lot of other people did too. To sum it up, if you're looking for a good scare, this is the show for you!
  • Abused case in Austin, Texas.

I have heard that a woman got abused by a ghost in Austin, Texas. Yes, she got abused by a basta.. ghost for real.

Of course they have called the priest to chase off the ghost, but 9 month after the incident she got a baby...

I don't know what happened next but I don't wanna know, I thik I'm gonna just go to the church and prey, prey, prey, prey and prey...!

May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !
  • This show is wonderful. I wonder why they stopped making new episodes? They need to continue the search for more hauntings.

This is such a fabulous show. So many people have been touched by paranormal activities and hauntings and it needs to continue production. It gives insight and hope to those who may need help with such encounters. I have known people who have encountered activity, including myself. Sometimes people do seek help and understanding. The work done by Ed and Loraine Warren through the years is also an inspiration in itself. I'm sure they have many stories to tell. Maybe Loraine would be willing to contribute some of her experiences for production. This show needs to continue production for people interested in hauntings and paranormal activity, to help people who need interaction.
  • Fantastic renactments of some of the most disturbung hauntings ever recorded in North America. The best series of its kind I have seen. Based on real life events. Simply superb.

Based on real life events, fantastic re-enactments of some of the most disturbung hauntings ever recorded in North America. Presented in a documentary style format. Brilliant production values, well researched,chilling. Well acted and scripted. Have caught myself looking around more than once while watching the series at night.

Use to be on Foxtel's Discovery Channel. Was so impressed with the show I bought Series 1,2 and 3.

Raises serious questions about the after-life, to the doubters and the converted alike. I have never been touched by a haunting but I know plenty of people who have.

The best production of its kind I have ever seen. Simply superb.
  • "Between the world we see, and the things we fear, there are doorways. When they are opened, nightmares become reality." This show reenacts incidents of paranormal phenomena, with commentary from the victims.

If you are in the mood for some serious chills, than this is the show for you. All of the reenactments are well done, with serious emphasis being put on what scared the victims. This was a show that I discovered not too long ago on the Discovery Channel, and I must say- even though many episodes have scared me out of my wits, I love this show, and I am sad that there won't be any new episodes- at least not for now. I also will say that if you do not believe in ghosts and hauntings, you will by the time you finish watching this show. Overall, really good, scary show. Hope it comes back soon.
  • A Haunting episode on today about a woman who's child was possessed by a man who they called "MAN" The mother told the story and she of course was the hero. She made the entity attack her in MONSTER form and then made him leave by blowing some smoke! Ha.

1.5
    I have to say, this episode was an insult to anyone's intelligence. It was almost stupid and definitely laughable. I think some people just make up this stuff. I do like the show and do believe that there are unexplained things out there for sure. But this one was just not believable. To me any entity that is strong enough to show themselves in a REAL MONSTER form would not be expelled from the home just by a bunch of smoke and ranting "Leave my House" Maybe producers should give the public a little more credit that they are not so naive. This one was just plain unbelievable.
  • This show is a spinner! I totally experience very little things that go on with me in my household and I try to make sense of it, saying it could be something else, but when that one day husband told me a story I started thinking otherwise!

Ever since I was a little girl I've experienced weird things going on around me. Never nothing threatning, and it seems like to me it's just trying to let me know it's there is all. I don't know what to think about it. But when your trying to tell someone who don't believe you and then all of a sudden something happens to them and now they believe you its just down right weird to me! It makes me angry because I don't want to be bothered by nothing! My mom says it could be a good thing, but I think not!
  • The absolute best series I have ever seen.

I absolutly love ghostly type, haunting shows...especially documenteries. I do not like blood, guts and gore. That's not scary. This is. I have recently purchased seasons 1,2 &3. The fourth will be available soon. I don't know what I'll do when I've seen them all. I really would like to see much more of this series or something simular to it. Movies like The Changling, with George C. Scott, What Lies Beneath, with Harrison Ford, and the "non-out-doable" The Excorsist, are really great scary movies in my book. They are based on true hauntings or the possibility of. A Haunting fits right in with these. I NEED MORE! Thanks.
  • Sometimes I think Ghosts are fake & real but I just need some convincing.

Yeah, the Score would be higher if the Acting was better. I did have one experience about a year ago in July or August: I was watching TV & the Window & Door was closed. The Vent is on the Roof. When I looked to the right of- near the corner of the Room, My Towel was hanging halfway & it suddenly moved up & I ran out of my Room. There was no Air either, so I don't know what caused. Nothing as serious as the show but I just don't think it is Real because each episode always needs a Priest to be involved. But I guess it is still entertaining.
  • this show was awesome.

when i first saw this episode i was seeing the whole earth as if i walked in another dimension from my home (apartment) to a realm that showed ghosts and the undead alive like watching high definition. a haunting was the only show that ever showed me that what lurks out there in the big world besides all of the stuff you normally see in your past lives. after this showed me enough i finally get to understand the supernatural and it's evil. i also get to understand that your fantasy life in the show won't come true.instead the ghosts will haunt till you do an exorcism.
    grade point average:A++
  • Scares the crap out of me!

I love this show, it's very addicting but I cant watch it all the time because I'm paranoid that a ghost is in my house. But it's pretty interesting. I have some interests in the paranormal myself and a few experiences where I've come in contact with spirits. But I wouldnt consider a under 13 years of age watching this because it can be very scary for kids to see their nightmares become real and to think that this really happened to someone. Even me at 16 am scared to death of this show but loves to watch it.

The actors on this show could be better. Sometimes I notice them reusing actors for different episodes. but other than that, this show is great.
  • a haunting is about people being haunted by ghosts.

a haunting is one of the best shows in the world. i watch a haunting every time i get a chance. i love to see how the whole thing will play out. i learned about some some of the ghosts. i vary interested in ghosts. i think they are so cool. i like how the show looks so real when it's only a reenactment. My whole family watches it too. i don't think their's anyone who doesn't watch a haunting once and a while. i wish that they would stop repeating the same shows over and over again. i love the show!
  • I always get goosebumps whenever I watch this

I never watch it during mornings or afternoons, I always want to watch it every midnight to keep myself awake.

Exorcisms, possessions, haunted houses and cursed objects, classic things that always scares me anytime.

I love this show so much, yet at the same time hate it since it always gives me nightmares, and I can't even get the scenes out of my head.

I also feel that this show might strengthen our faith to God, since it's mostly God doing the hard work in exorcisms or taking out the devil from the person, even if it scares us, it's still a miracle for them to be alive, and I hoped they're faith in God gets stronger as well.
  • Religion and prothesizing have no buisness on the Discovery channel but maybe a religious channel. This is from a christan perspective and the writers have no real clue about the occult, paranormal, wicca or witchcraf.

2.1
    Phony. Uninformed about the supernatural and occult except from a christian perspective. prothelizing has no place on the discovery channel. No real truth on the supernatural and blamed on "demons". I consider this film a bit cheezy too. I am a real wiccan and insulted by the way witches are portrayed on this show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but they seem to bash the spiritual beliefs of others who are different. I have been practicing the occult for years from a positive perspective and never encountered any "boogymen" Bad dead in the house maybe or people are mentally ill that live there or drug addicts?
  • Awesome show

A Haunting is the show that tells real life accounts of those who have experienced paranormal encounters. Most of them occur in houses but some of them have been seen in nightclubs and even some have shown demonic possesion. A Haunting is one of the shows that can be quite scary and is a very intersesting show to watch. Some of the downsides of A Haunting can be the actors who play the people are just not believable or the haunting they're investigating is just not very intersting. Overall, this is one of my favorite shows and I hope they continue with out, 9.4/10
  • Most of the time I like A Haunting, I usually watch it in bed with the lights turned off to create some atmosphere!

4.3
    Most of the time I like A Haunting, I usually watch it in bed with the light turned off to create some atmosphere! Normally the actors and actually involved people sound alike - as if they're from the same area or they're good at accents. Sometimes the acting is rather dubious or unrealistic.
    Last night the episode was called "The Wheatsheaf Horror" and was based on a pub in West Boldon, South Tyneside (I live in North Tyneside and used to teach in Boldon, I've also had a drink in that pub). Anyway to cut a long story short the accents were appalling - the actors had English accents worse than Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Instead of attempting the accent they seemed to try to sound like upper class twits - Monty Python style - and failed that! The story in itself was fascinating but the silly accents detracted from the programme and ruined the ambience.
  • It's a wonder I haven't had nightmares yet. XD

It's a wonder I haven't had nightmares yet. XD I didn't think the show would freak me out at all. And for the first few episodes I watched of it, it didn't. Only recently has it begun to. XD It's just, all these numerous accounts, all the people that have seen these spirits... It's so hard to deny it. I mean I've found flaws in some of the stories, things that don't add up, but of course anything on TV is going to get played up and exaggerated to some extent to hook viewers. *shivers* Geez, so are these "spirits" real?? (It really makes me wonder because I'm almost positive I've seen split-second glances of people I could have sworn were there. There's no way they could have been though... And yet I've seen people/spirits more than once... That's what's making me think that there may be some truth to all these accounts. Hmm...) Anyways, it's pretty informative. (Apparently there are ghost-busters, spirit chaser people, mediums, and psychics all over the U.S. How reassuring. :) I'm serious.) I don't know... It's just cool. :P If you're into this type of thing. Kinda like a real life horror movie (for the people it's happening to) without all the gore. Still extremely creepy though. So... I like the series. :) Haha.
  • I had a personal experience with "spirits" when I was younger and I wanted to share with you my story.

When I was fourteen I had just started to get in to my Christian faith. God had changed my world. However, what I didn't know was that that time of molding and shaping me left me very vulnerable. I slept in a room alone in the second floor northeast corner of my house. It was all fine until about two weeks in to me sleeping in there. One night I was laying on my side about to crash out and I heard something very disturbing. I heard light breathing that sounded almost like wheezing. I started to get massive chills and really nervous. After only about a minute it went away. I laid wide-awake for a while then started to doze off again. When I started to shut my eyes and slip away into la-la land the breathing came back. This time, it was much, much louder. It sounded like a REAL person was breathing very heavily right in my ear. I got to a breaking point and sprinted out of the room and down the stairs to my mom crying my eyes out in fear. The next night I tried again to sleep there and it started soft so I ran again not looking back. Two days later I had moved into a different room. I loved it and for the first week nothing strange happened. One night when I was about to go to sleep I felt my cat at my feet so I reached down to get her and she wasn't there. I didn't really think anything of it until it happened again and I reached again and she still wasn't there. I started to get the chills again and heard a noise towards my door. I flipped over and stared at my door frozen. It moved a little and I couldn't move at all. The door then swung open and my brothers across the hall did the same. He wasn't there and his room was pitch black. Frozen, I stared into his room. His door then slammed shut and mine right after. As my door decided to once again creak open slightly, I ran through it and back in to my mothers arms. She told me to ask Jesus to come and claim the house next time it happened. The next night, they came again. I felt the cat and didn't move. The door creaked open followed by my brothers and I turned my fear into anger. I screamed as loud as possible, " This is Gods house! In the name of Jesus Christ, leave this house and never come back!" All went silent and my door didn't move. The invisible cat was gone and my room felt safe. I'm now seventeen and strong in my faith and I believe that was a huge turning point that helped me to understand the real realm that exists outside of our sights. I was never bothered again.
  • A really creepy show where I have to remind myself that this is Hollywood's version of what happened

I've really gotten hooked on this series. I do keep reminding myself that this is Hollywood's version of the events that happened. I personally have never experienced such events but my sister has. A few months ago she was cleaning a house where the wife had "disappeared." The husband had quickly sold the house and moved to another state after his wife disappearance. My sister felt a presence there. She talked with the presence and a feeling overcame her that the wife had been killed and was buried in the back yard. She asked me if she was safe and what should she do. I told her that getting rid of ghosts was really simple. The cross is actually a demonic symbol. In the Dead Sea Scrolls, Satan uses a cross to threaten the Son of Man and told Him that he would use a cross to kill him. The cross is actually a murder weapon. The use of the cross comes from the false notion that salvation comes through the cross. Spirits have only two of the five senses, sight and hearing. They can not smell so sage is useless. And a circle of salt? Get real! It tastes great on french frys! If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to explain how simple it is to rid a haunting.
  • Most are better than some.

This show is largely known to be "real", but hundreds doubt that it is non-fictional. The way the producers set it to be is not like real-life, most are set up in a way that would be "un-real", most of it coming from the pure thought of "ghosts" haunting a family.

Each show is set up like all others; you are introduced to a family, which probably recently moved, and then you see how it's usually one (or a few) family members that are targeted - and no one believes them. However, at the end, it is "too late", and they must preform an exorcism to rid of the spirit, whether it is good or evil.

The devil - or a sign of evil - is frequently designed into the storyline to add it's "scary effect", which may turn some people away due to it's "witch-ish" effect toward most people who believe in God and stray from evil.

Therefore, I rate it an 8.1, as the fearful factor may be high - it's originality factor is low.
  • Very creepy show dealing with ghosts.

This is one of my all time favorite shows on television. Now, it's hard to find shows that are centered around the supernatural, so this is one of the reasons I love the show. The other is that every single episode (that's right, every episode) never fails to send a chill up my spine. When I watch the show, I usually sink down in my seat, as, to me, some moments are very intense. What's interesting to me is how these ghosts or poltergeists affect the people. Also, some of the stories are very cool, like the ones dealing with exorcisims. Overall, this great show deserves a 10. If I could, I would probably rate it higher.
  • This show is about people in real life showing others about how they interacted or came across with a spirit which is mostly evil this show has possession, conjuring, and so much more.

1.3
    This show was so scary I had really bad nightmares I kept my
    finger on the last button every second This is a horrible show and I would not recommend it to anyone who does not want to be scarred to death this show features horrible and scenes that are too much for a human to view I was so scared I closed my eyes to come up with a code to lock it so that I could never see it again. It is The scariest show I have ever seen and probably would be for everyone else please do not watch this show is based on true events and takes nights to get over I wish I never even saw that and to kids who have or plan to watch this show please stick with Disney channel, and Nickelodeon this is not for kids.

and to parents please block this show for your kids it is on channel 47.

thank you! and that was only a suggestion because if you watch it you will regret it like I have. When you first see it you will not be able to change the channel it is so addicting it is like cigarettes.
1 2 3