A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

A Haunting Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• I always get goosebumps whenever I watch this

I never watch it during mornings or afternoons, I always want to watch it every midnight to keep myself awake.

Exorcisms, possessions, haunted houses and cursed objects, classic things that always scares me anytime.

I love this show so much, yet at the same time hate it since it always gives me nightmares, and I can't even get the scenes out of my head.

I also feel that this show might strengthen our faith to God, since it's mostly God doing the hard work in exorcisms or taking out the devil from the person, even if it scares us, it's still a miracle for them to be alive, and I hoped they're faith in God gets stronger as well.
  • Religion and prothesizing have no buisness on the Discovery channel but maybe a religious channel. This is from a christan perspective and the writers have no real clue about the occult, paranormal, wicca or witchcraf.

2.1
    Phony. Uninformed about the supernatural and occult except from a christian perspective. prothelizing has no place on the discovery channel. No real truth on the supernatural and blamed on "demons". I consider this film a bit cheezy too. I am a real wiccan and insulted by the way witches are portrayed on this show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but they seem to bash the spiritual beliefs of others who are different. I have been practicing the occult for years from a positive perspective and never encountered any "boogymen" Bad dead in the house maybe or people are mentally ill that live there or drug addicts?
  • Awesome show

A Haunting is the show that tells real life accounts of those who have experienced paranormal encounters. Most of them occur in houses but some of them have been seen in nightclubs and even some have shown demonic possesion. A Haunting is one of the shows that can be quite scary and is a very intersesting show to watch. Some of the downsides of A Haunting can be the actors who play the people are just not believable or the haunting they're investigating is just not very intersting. Overall, this is one of my favorite shows and I hope they continue with out, 9.4/10
  • Most of the time I like A Haunting, I usually watch it in bed with the lights turned off to create some atmosphere!

4.3
    Most of the time I like A Haunting, I usually watch it in bed with the light turned off to create some atmosphere! Normally the actors and actually involved people sound alike - as if they're from the same area or they're good at accents. Sometimes the acting is rather dubious or unrealistic.
    Last night the episode was called "The Wheatsheaf Horror" and was based on a pub in West Boldon, South Tyneside (I live in North Tyneside and used to teach in Boldon, I've also had a drink in that pub). Anyway to cut a long story short the accents were appalling - the actors had English accents worse than Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Instead of attempting the accent they seemed to try to sound like upper class twits - Monty Python style - and failed that! The story in itself was fascinating but the silly accents detracted from the programme and ruined the ambience.
  • It's a wonder I haven't had nightmares yet. XD

It's a wonder I haven't had nightmares yet. XD I didn't think the show would freak me out at all. And for the first few episodes I watched of it, it didn't. Only recently has it begun to. XD It's just, all these numerous accounts, all the people that have seen these spirits... It's so hard to deny it. I mean I've found flaws in some of the stories, things that don't add up, but of course anything on TV is going to get played up and exaggerated to some extent to hook viewers. *shivers* Geez, so are these "spirits" real?? (It really makes me wonder because I'm almost positive I've seen split-second glances of people I could have sworn were there. There's no way they could have been though... And yet I've seen people/spirits more than once... That's what's making me think that there may be some truth to all these accounts. Hmm...) Anyways, it's pretty informative. (Apparently there are ghost-busters, spirit chaser people, mediums, and psychics all over the U.S. How reassuring. :) I'm serious.) I don't know... It's just cool. :P If you're into this type of thing. Kinda like a real life horror movie (for the people it's happening to) without all the gore. Still extremely creepy though. So... I like the series. :) Haha.
  • I had a personal experience with "spirits" when I was younger and I wanted to share with you my story.

When I was fourteen I had just started to get in to my Christian faith. God had changed my world. However, what I didn't know was that that time of molding and shaping me left me very vulnerable. I slept in a room alone in the second floor northeast corner of my house. It was all fine until about two weeks in to me sleeping in there. One night I was laying on my side about to crash out and I heard something very disturbing. I heard light breathing that sounded almost like wheezing. I started to get massive chills and really nervous. After only about a minute it went away. I laid wide-awake for a while then started to doze off again. When I started to shut my eyes and slip away into la-la land the breathing came back. This time, it was much, much louder. It sounded like a REAL person was breathing very heavily right in my ear. I got to a breaking point and sprinted out of the room and down the stairs to my mom crying my eyes out in fear. The next night I tried again to sleep there and it started soft so I ran again not looking back. Two days later I had moved into a different room. I loved it and for the first week nothing strange happened. One night when I was about to go to sleep I felt my cat at my feet so I reached down to get her and she wasn't there. I didn't really think anything of it until it happened again and I reached again and she still wasn't there. I started to get the chills again and heard a noise towards my door. I flipped over and stared at my door frozen. It moved a little and I couldn't move at all. The door then swung open and my brothers across the hall did the same. He wasn't there and his room was pitch black. Frozen, I stared into his room. His door then slammed shut and mine right after. As my door decided to once again creak open slightly, I ran through it and back in to my mothers arms. She told me to ask Jesus to come and claim the house next time it happened. The next night, they came again. I felt the cat and didn't move. The door creaked open followed by my brothers and I turned my fear into anger. I screamed as loud as possible, " This is Gods house! In the name of Jesus Christ, leave this house and never come back!" All went silent and my door didn't move. The invisible cat was gone and my room felt safe. I'm now seventeen and strong in my faith and I believe that was a huge turning point that helped me to understand the real realm that exists outside of our sights. I was never bothered again.
  • A really creepy show where I have to remind myself that this is Hollywood's version of what happened

I've really gotten hooked on this series. I do keep reminding myself that this is Hollywood's version of the events that happened. I personally have never experienced such events but my sister has. A few months ago she was cleaning a house where the wife had "disappeared." The husband had quickly sold the house and moved to another state after his wife disappearance. My sister felt a presence there. She talked with the presence and a feeling overcame her that the wife had been killed and was buried in the back yard. She asked me if she was safe and what should she do. I told her that getting rid of ghosts was really simple. The cross is actually a demonic symbol. In the Dead Sea Scrolls, Satan uses a cross to threaten the Son of Man and told Him that he would use a cross to kill him. The cross is actually a murder weapon. The use of the cross comes from the false notion that salvation comes through the cross. Spirits have only two of the five senses, sight and hearing. They can not smell so sage is useless. And a circle of salt? Get real! It tastes great on french frys! If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to explain how simple it is to rid a haunting.
  • Most are better than some.

This show is largely known to be "real", but hundreds doubt that it is non-fictional. The way the producers set it to be is not like real-life, most are set up in a way that would be "un-real", most of it coming from the pure thought of "ghosts" haunting a family.

Each show is set up like all others; you are introduced to a family, which probably recently moved, and then you see how it's usually one (or a few) family members that are targeted - and no one believes them. However, at the end, it is "too late", and they must preform an exorcism to rid of the spirit, whether it is good or evil.

The devil - or a sign of evil - is frequently designed into the storyline to add it's "scary effect", which may turn some people away due to it's "witch-ish" effect toward most people who believe in God and stray from evil.

Therefore, I rate it an 8.1, as the fearful factor may be high - it's originality factor is low.
  • Very creepy show dealing with ghosts.

This is one of my all time favorite shows on television. Now, it's hard to find shows that are centered around the supernatural, so this is one of the reasons I love the show. The other is that every single episode (that's right, every episode) never fails to send a chill up my spine. When I watch the show, I usually sink down in my seat, as, to me, some moments are very intense. What's interesting to me is how these ghosts or poltergeists affect the people. Also, some of the stories are very cool, like the ones dealing with exorcisims. Overall, this great show deserves a 10. If I could, I would probably rate it higher.
  • This show is about people in real life showing others about how they interacted or came across with a spirit which is mostly evil this show has possession, conjuring, and so much more.

1.3
    This show was so scary I had really bad nightmares I kept my
    finger on the last button every second This is a horrible show and I would not recommend it to anyone who does not want to be scarred to death this show features horrible and scenes that are too much for a human to view I was so scared I closed my eyes to come up with a code to lock it so that I could never see it again. It is The scariest show I have ever seen and probably would be for everyone else please do not watch this show is based on true events and takes nights to get over I wish I never even saw that and to kids who have or plan to watch this show please stick with Disney channel, and Nickelodeon this is not for kids.

and to parents please block this show for your kids it is on channel 47.

thank you! and that was only a suggestion because if you watch it you will regret it like I have. When you first see it you will not be able to change the channel it is so addicting it is like cigarettes.
  • This is one of the best haunting shows I have ever watched. I like things like ghosthunters but "A Haunting" really tells the whole story. I just wish I could be home to watch it.

3.7
    This show really makes you jump right out of your seat without seeing alot of gore. A good old vashioned haunting is great. I would recommend this show to anyone. Like I said I wish it was on say at 8:00 P.M. where I live. I think my favorite one was the two hour A Haunting in Conneticut. That one was really scary. I would like to see more of the two hour shows. I think I lived in a haunted house once but nothing went on like what happens to the people on the show. I think it would be great if they would go back and do a follow up on some of these houses. Like the house in A Haunting in Conneticut.
  • Seeing ghosts be recreated isn't as interesting as experiencing a live one,but-

7.6
    A Haunting has a way of making the ghostly experiences these families go through seem very REAL. What I'll never understand, for the life of me is why a lot of the people stay. If a ghost is scratching me, ruining my property of harassing me-I'm not staying around to fight it. What I also find interesting is that ghosts never seem to visit black houses. There was one episode where a Hispanic family had an encounter, though. I guess ghosts can discriminate in the afterlife, too. Anyway-Haunting is a pretty good show. It's good to watch in case your family encounters a 'nother world being.
  • Finally, a TV show on the paranormal that isn't staged.

The mere fact that I taped all episodes to VHS cassette tapes shows my (high) degree of interest. This show is awesome and proves that evil is real. I hope they continue to make more and more episodes...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....there we go. I didn't plan on writing a thesis, but this thing needed a minimal of 100 words.
  • Good, can shorten the short clips in between or better yet do without.

6.9
    Before and after a commercial when they show the short clips to try and build suspence. I beleive the show can definitely do without it. My friend and I both beleive that. Other than that we really love the show and watch it daily, but the short clips before the commercial has got to go. The scream withing the short clips can stop too. It's not scary at all, but other than the short clips the show is very captivating. It catches my attention and my friends attention greatly. So Good job with the show thanks. Really good job. yeah!
  • Great show

This show is based on people who have experienced alleged hauntings in either their home or some place that they have lived. Many of the epiosdes are acttually quite scary and most of them have actors that do a good job of portraying the family who got involved in this. As with most shows on the Discovery Channel, this is another top-notch program. The actors can either make or break an episode as evidenced in some of the newer ones. Overall, while I generally don't watch these types of shows, A Haunting is one show that grabbed my attention and hasn't let go. Awesome show 9/10
  • In a class of it's own

A Haunting is by far the best paranormal program on television. If you need more substance than orbs and the occasional E.V.P., as seen on the other programs like "Ghost Hunters"and "Paranormal State" this is the program for you. Every single episode is the true account of an actual haunting or demon infestation, in the form of a documentary supported by the actual victims. Each episode is the recreation of the actual events that have taken place over time, sometimes these people that a long time to get hint of (get out). If this program doesn't convince you, there is something to the paranormal nothing will.
  • Patiently awaiting any news of a Season 5

I am a HUGE skeptic in claims of paranormal activity, although I do believe in it it's extremely common for people to create things in their head and believe they are real when there is a perfectly good explanation for them, in other words it's either a false claim for attention, an exaggeration or your mind playing with you. This is why I'm a devoted 'Ghost Hunters' snob - I tend to snub other paranormal T.V. shows because no one (so far) can live up to how amazing GH is. :) I'm not entirely sure how real all of the stories are on this program ('A Haunting') but without a doubt it's my guilty daytime pleasure. I could do without some of the effects, because it's quite obvious that they're very Hollywood which I think takes away from the story but either way I just love this show. For whatever reasons I can't put my finger on. I'm sick of the constant reruns though, so I am patiently awaiting any news of a Season 5.
  • This is a great show!

I have enjoyed A Haunting for the last year and a half. If I watch too many in a week I actually start dreaming about this show or that show! Sometime's I just dream about ghosts in general!
    I sit riveted to the TV watching as the stories unfold. There is no guessing the endings either! It's suspensful, scary, and sometimes down right terrifying!
    If you are looking for a show to scare you half to death, make you think about what happens after we die or just want to see what the hype is all about then I suggest you tune into this show!
  • Neat Show

I really enjoy this show. I definitely believe in the paranormal, and this show keeps me on my toes. I especially enjoy hearing the accounts from the actual persons who were effected by the hauntings. I do wish more Actual photos and actual locations were used though. I am also curious to know if any follow ups have taken place for anuy of the locations, since most of the hauntings happened several years ago. overall it is one of my families favorite shows and we look forward to new episodes whenever they are available.
    please keep up the good work and we will continue to watch.
  • This is a show that reflects people's terrifying experiences with the paranormal.

This is a great show, that i take time out of my day to watch. I wish i could E-Mail the shows creator to talk to him about something. In "hungry ghosts" or something that has to do with hungry spirits, I had something that happened to me that was very similar to the young girl in the show. Is there any way I could come in contact with the author of this show or something? If so, i would like to know that as soon as possible. I am running out of words to use to get this review published. Okay, 100 words. Thanks you!
  • I know this show could be a little better

This is a great show. I try to catch every one, but for some reason it comes on at eleven in the morning, and i have a job. I just wish that they would cut in film clips from the ghost hunters that were sent before this show was called. You know the family has the tape or DVD if they had called them in. I know i would still have it, and most ghost hunters burn a copy of the evidence for you if they catch something.It would make this show great show more realistic and more fun to watch.
  • SO MUCH of what happen's "On this show Happen's here"! The Confusion of what next,and trying to Prove it,being HAPPY ur not nut's!Then feeling "Guilty" about "being Happy" The Family finally Seen/Heard/Felt it? Which did'nt take us long?

A Haunting Is Amazingly Accurate!!
    I CAN relate to ALL of the Actor's when they are "Wondering if they heard/seen/felt that?
    And then discovering "Yes",without a Doubt I did,NOW HOW do I Handle it?
    My Home,has been Ceritifiably "Haunted with a Porthole" by a team of Paranormal Investigator's.
    Pic's,Video's they gave me have Amazing thing's in them.
    It IS too blatant to "NOT" recognise,and yet "Sometime's" SO Subtlle you sometime's wonder "WHAT WAS THAT? AM I going Crazy? I asked my Father-In-Law (the 1 that we got the Home from) IS ANYONE In The Home? He said "Absolutly Yes",5-9 that he knew of? He asked me have I seen them,do they Touch me,and talk to me? I responded "From the 1st nite I Moved in I have been dealing with this!
    I worked at 911,and My Husband was in Law Enforcement.But Neither of US was able to continue with Our Job's,since moving here? He did Job his for 13 Year's and Loved it,I had just begun for only a Few month's.
    Thing's such as Pennie's,dont fall from the ceiling,or get up and spin on their own ,Bible tape's DONT get strewn all over the room with No-One there? Shadow's DONT go across the Room at nite with no-one making them,People DONT enter the Back door when people are Not there? Right?
    But here they ALL happen.
    People dont call Our Name's when no-one is here but us,YET they SOUND JUST like us? People are not JUST Angry for no reason,But here they are?
    Babies are heard crying,YET I dont have a Baby.
    G-Babies DONT visit and at age 2 Month's. get wrapped in Cover's so tight,as you turn your back,that YOU can't get them out!But here it did. Spirit's here do it ALL to us ALL the time!
    I have been Physically Pulled out of bed,as my Husband had to hold Onto me,to keep the Spirit's(a Confederate) from taking me "Only God KNOW's where"? I am 44 & NEVER have sleepwalked,BUT I did here,to go Outside,and HAVE a Phyical Confrontation with a Confederate Man, that HAS been caught on Film.
    Sleep Peralisis & Bad dream's are a Constant.
    I am a Christian,and as a Christian,this does NOT fit in with my belief's,BUT here I am. Confused,Lonely,afraid,and knowing they can do what-ever they want SCARE'S me to death DAILY!I am living the Show "A Haunting" Yet,I can NOT get my Husband to leave THIS "Family Farm Hell-House"!
    I INTENSLY (with worry)watch EVERYONE that visit's,they have been touched,got Sick,Got Confused and can't find their way Out of a Room that they just walked into,Family hardly Never Visit's.I seen my Niece wave at a Man,she was around 3 yrs. of age,and then say,He is'nt nice?
    Yet there is no one here that she described?
    I Live in the Country,the Man would have been seen by Me,their Mom,or My mom? Who are they waving at,and WHO is my G-daughter trying to follow away from my home,and what 2 Girl's are my G-son Playing with? He is 4 yrs. old,and has described them,around 1900 Era, the Psycic that came,has described 1 of the girl Spirit's exactly like My Grandson did.
    She say's she drowned in a stream behind Our House,on the Property.
    It for sure made it MORE real when the Ghosthunter's came Out and Confirmed it.It's 1 thing to wonder,another to KNOW!When they say "Yes Your Haunted",Then you dont know too either Cry, or be Happy, because you KNOW NOW you are NOT Losing it,You are "What you thougt". We Are Haunted!
    The Pic's, & DVD's they got,and gave us, was so Unusal to see/hear and Verifies, it REALLY IS Un-Earthly Spirit's & Voices In Our Home.
    This Story started 13 Year's,ago and it STILL seem's like a Dream to me?
    I Have called the Preacher's Out,But 1 came and Prayed over the House a Little,then said O.K.
    He Left and then when I called back and said It's did'nt work,HE WOULD NOT come back! He said he would do it over the Phone?
    Another said "He would think on it".Yet I have heard nothing else out of him?
    They Ceritied I AM HAUNTED,and then said with a Porthole,It can never be closed,& We will have this to live with Spirit's/Ghost from NOW on & For-ever,till THEY dicide to leave? They have caused Sickness,Fight's,Touching us,Talking to us,Paralyzed.I HAVE the Proof to back up ecerything I say.
    So do I watch "A Haunting"? You Bet,Maybe 1 day,someone will have an Answer that will work for me?
  • I investigate apparitions/apparition sites & I find this show to be THE best show on television. Kudos, Discovery Channel. Note that through all testimonies, usually 2 types of entities emerge; human & demonic. Take heed & the next step. Link with Jesus.

Our sight & minds are usually tuned to a frequency scientists named beta. If we could see on different waves (much like dialing on to different frequency waves of a radio) we'd see all kinds of life in the very same area! Now, find out about REAL reality & check out some apparition sites. Start with typing 'Zeitoun, Egypt' in you tool bar. Eyewitness testimony by thousands can't be wrong. Then read about Fatima, Spain. Garabandal Spain. Lourdes, France. Bayside, New York. Medjugorje, Yugoslavia & there's many more. Free your mind & soul. Read, learn & grow. Glean from these things what you need to return to your Heavenly Father for the love He longs to fulfill you with. God Bless us all!
  • I recemend this alot!

if your looking for a show that talks about ghost, spirts, demons, and possestions thats also on discovery channle I'd say this show is right for you! not only will you be learning about ghost and stuff but also its like any orror show! it will make you jump! and then you will laugh for doing so! I just have to say I love the fact a brandon new episode comes on EVERY FRIDAY! all I have to say is its the only show thats good for learning I like! really go check it out discovery channel every day 2/ 1 central!
  • Seldom scared... the "A Haunting" series is a true nail-biter.

I caught the show during my lunch break today and was immediately drawn in with the story-telling and overall production of the show. Great show...creepy music...awesome production. Casting was equally important and impressive. The combination of actual testimonials and story-telling validating everything sending chills down my spine. No joke...I promise you it did. Things I'd like to see... where's the backstory? In the episode I saw, participates where able to identify a "male presence" occupying the house. Knowing that, would have been nice to see production spending some time investigating past tenants in hopes to finding the "male presence" in the household.
  • A creepy show that gives you something to believe in with excellent cinematography thrown into the punch.

I like this show because it is something that people can relate to. I assume that's because it is based on real life accounts, but most people DO find themselves buying a new home, or having problems with their kids. I also like this show because it is downright scary at times. Though the episodes are combined of re-enactments and interview snippets, the creepy cinematography looks very movie-like, but some of the situations in the show seem too movie-like to be real. Hey, I have an open mind. I believe that everything that this show portrays happened, because I am a believer in paranormal stuff like that. The actors are always very convincing and the stories, or "real life situations" are scary enough to make you think about your own home and who "else" might be living there with you. A good show that is worth the 40 minutes to an hour that you're watching it.
  • A Haunting

I have been one who love thing that can give you a scare. Things like this are always makes you feel your in the room. I have seen old houses that are dark doomy. They have a musty smell. I have been in a old house where as I was a child and could not understand why a room was so cold and then in other rooms it was mild. It was creepy but then when your a child you have no idea what it means. I like to Explore but have not done alot of it. When your in a old house and you feel things there are reason to why it is Hunted
  • One of my all time fav.!

i watch this show all the time, like every day, hehe. But what can you say, i'm really into the whole paranormal stuff, plus it's been like 94% of life (thank god for the move, at least that helped a little). But my mom and older sis and i always watch this, and we get soo hooked into it, were always like 'is there a haunting on today?' so it's really cool, i'd recommend it to anyone who loves a good ghost story, muahh!
  • The first time I watched this episode I feel in love with it. Everyday when it was on I was glued to the tv weatching it. I would stock up all my snacks and drinks and wouldn't move from my chair until the episode was over.

The first time I watched A Haunting on the discovery channel I absoultely feel in love with it. Everyday I would be glued to the television waiting for the program to begin making sure that all my drinks were filled and snacks were readily able to get to just so I wouldn't miss any part of the episode. When I went to go put it on it wasn't listed as being on this week I was so disappointed that I couldn't find when it would be on again. Please put it back on the air I miss watching it. Please let me know the days and times so I can begin watching it again. Thank you Sandy ssorenson4665@yahoo.com
  • A haunting is awesome!!!

A haunting is just great I mean This show is so scary and this is the most scariest show and believe me you must watch this I you r a courageous person. All the actors r fantastic and they do such a job that it makes u to believe on the story. I is a nice medium of entertainment and the whole family can watch it together and can have fun. All the seasons r good. All my friends watch this show with a great exitement. We (my friends and me) newer miss any episode of a haunting but I can't remember any episode of a haunting and thats the problem of memory bcoz the story of all the episodes r similar to some extent. You must watch this!!! You must watch this!!! You must watch this!!!
1 2 3 4