A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

gabfan31

A Haunting Fan Reviews (75)

• @ there is Evil There is his nemesis GOD!

Where there is Evil There is his nemesis GOD! if you call this Christian propaganda then I feel sorry for can not have good without bad, Demonic without Angelic, Devil without God!!! So of course all of this is religiously based, whether it be Jew, Christian or Muslim or any faith!!!! Each one has its means to banish demonic and evil you Dont like it, then Dont Watch!!! This is real to us in our faiths and we have the means to fight evil.........
  • ALL KIND OF GRAT HAUNTING ALLBEST OBES OVER10 UP THAKEYOU

HI OVER10 UP ALLGRAT AHAUTING UK USA WHLOEWROLD THAKEYOU NEW ALLNEWONESNOW 2013
  • At the name of Jesus demons tremble

A Haunting is the best show on Destination America

I always look forward to your A Haunting episodes. I've watched them all repeatedly. I know them by heart. Yrs ago I've gone thru terrifying experiences with evil spirits & I really didn't know how to get rid of them. I was so scared back then & I was a Christian, but I was what you call a baby Christian. I didn't know that much about the Bible. But I'm telling you when you experience something like this, it makes you a strong believer. Just from reading a few comments below makes me think these few people really haven't been scared enough to call on God or they're just allowing evil spirits to deceive them. Some people like the devil. It's weird.

Years ago, I was too embarrassed to ask for help. When my family & I were being tormented there weren't any paranormal TV shows. I wish there was. I asked somebody from our church, a friend, if there were real demons & she said "Oh, yes!" But, she didn't tell me how to get rid of them & I didn't ask. At first I think it was too much for my heart to handle. I mean I was terrified when I heard this whisper in the room with me & my little girl. But that happened, after we all had heard this powerful breathing coming from outside our windows in the summertime. I mean it had to fly from one window to the other making this loud breathing sound. There are no lungs on this earth powerful enough to make that kind of sound. Before it happened, me & the kids were starting to watch a movie on TV & I heard a noise at the front door. I went to look, but nothing was there. We watched the movie, then I went to my bedroom, while the kids were all settling down to go to bed. Then I heard my oldest daughter call for me. She said "Mom! Something's outside our house. Listen!" I said "Oh, it's I just shrugged it off. But she said "No, Mom come here! Listen!" So, I started walking thru the kitchen & I could it hear it from there. I went to their bedroom & it was so loud I could not believe what I was hearing. We lived in the country & we had lights on every side of the house. I looked at the trees to see, if the leaves were blowing, but there was no wind. I pushed my face on the screen to look down on each side of the windows, and didn't see anyone hiding. I grabbed my little girl who was asleep near the window. I got all the kids into the middle bathroom. Turned off all the lights. Some had gotten utensils from the kitchen to defend us. They were terrified. But this sound was not from this world. I can tell you that right now. This was supernatural. It scared us so bad. So, I got my kids in the middle of the house in the bathroom, turned off all the lights, and I said "Come on, kids pray with me. The Bible says wherever there are 2 or more gathered together in His name, He will be there in the midst of And they all held hands & I led them in prayer. IMMEDIATELY it stopped!

I'm telling anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, you are fooling yourself, if you don't think He's real. Even the demons believe & tremble! They know who He is.

They took off, as soon as I said His name!

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Memorize the Lord's Prayer. Part of it says He rescues us from demons.

Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER(RESCUE) US FROM EVIL: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

By His authority, God has given all His children POWER over the enemy.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and OVER ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, THAT THE SPIRITS ARE SUBJECT UNTO YOU; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

• New Format

I am very pleased with the new format and the homage payed to the only real way to get help when encountering genuine paranormal hauntings. I am sure the secular world will complain, but the truth is the truth and all the secular howlings will not change that.
  • I did not think they would ever bring back the show

I cant believe they made some new shows, hopefully they will keep it up and bring it back, great show
  • A Haunting will return!!!

A haunting will have new episodes, Friday Oct. 12th on Discovery Chanel's sister station, Destination America. I just saw the promo, on tv.
  • whyyyyyyyyyyyy did you cancel a haunting series???????????

hey discovery...what the hell...why did you cancel a haunting series?????? geeeeeeez it was the only show on ghosts that was close to real....the other ones like ghost hunters were not even close to real.... I watch zak bagans ghost show now which is close to real...but your a haunting show was the best....why?????????????? plz tell us u will bring it back
  • come back!

I love this show; but, how long do I have to wait for more episodes? There are tons of hauntings in the world today, with or without pets! Just come to Louisiana for a day or so and you will have more than you want to check out! Real educational stuff here!

• Ghost Stories told by people and their pets. Reinactments and real footages are shown in this show.

Absolute favorite show! I got into ghost shows so that I can finally get rid of my fear of ghosts, it's slowly working. This show is great because it features how the animals behave and also they show the real footage used by the different paranormal groups while they were investigating. I also like the mix of the dramatization interlinked with the real people that went through this experience.
  • This show is wonderful. I wonder why they stopped making new episodes? They need to continue the search for more hauntings.

This is such a fabulous show. So many people have been touched by paranormal activities and hauntings and it needs to continue production. It gives insight and hope to those who may need help with such encounters. I have known people who have encountered activity, including myself. Sometimes people do seek help and understanding. The work done by Ed and Loraine Warren through the years is also an inspiration in itself. I'm sure they have many stories to tell. Maybe Loraine would be willing to contribute some of her experiences for production. This show needs to continue production for people interested in hauntings and paranormal activity, to help people who need interaction.
  • "Between the world we see, and the things we fear, there are doorways. When they are opened, nightmares become reality." This show reenacts incidents of paranormal phenomena, with commentary from the victims.

If you are in the mood for some serious chills, than this is the show for you. All of the reenactments are well done, with serious emphasis being put on what scared the victims. This was a show that I discovered not too long ago on the Discovery Channel, and I must say- even though many episodes have scared me out of my wits, I love this show, and I am sad that there won't be any new episodes- at least not for now. I also will say that if you do not believe in ghosts and hauntings, you will by the time you finish watching this show. Overall, really good, scary show. Hope it comes back soon.
  • This show is a spinner! I totally experience very little things that go on with me in my household and I try to make sense of it, saying it could be something else, but when that one day husband told me a story I started thinking otherwise!

Ever since I was a little girl I've experienced weird things going on around me. Never nothing threatning, and it seems like to me it's just trying to let me know it's there is all. I don't know what to think about it. But when your trying to tell someone who don't believe you and then all of a sudden something happens to them and now they believe you its just down right weird to me! It makes me angry because I don't want to be bothered by nothing! My mom says it could be a good thing, but I think not!
  • The absolute best series I have ever seen.

I absolutly love ghostly type, haunting shows...especially documenteries. I do not like blood, guts and gore. That's not scary. This is. I have recently purchased seasons 1,2 &3. The fourth will be available soon. I don't know what I'll do when I've seen them all. I really would like to see much more of this series or something simular to it. Movies like The Changling, with George C. Scott, What Lies Beneath, with Harrison Ford, and the "non-out-doable" The Excorsist, are really great scary movies in my book. They are based on true hauntings or the possibility of. A Haunting fits right in with these. I NEED MORE! Thanks.
  • this show was awesome.

when i first saw this episode i was seeing the whole earth as if i walked in another dimension from my home (apartment) to a realm that showed ghosts and the undead alive like watching high definition. a haunting was the only show that ever showed me that what lurks out there in the big world besides all of the stuff you normally see in your past lives. after this showed me enough i finally get to understand the supernatural and it's evil. i also get to understand that your fantasy life in the show won't come true.instead the ghosts will haunt till you do an exorcism.
    grade point average:A++
  • Scares the crap out of me!

I love this show, it's very addicting but I cant watch it all the time because I'm paranoid that a ghost is in my house. But it's pretty interesting. I have some interests in the paranormal myself and a few experiences where I've come in contact with spirits. But I wouldnt consider a under 13 years of age watching this because it can be very scary for kids to see their nightmares become real and to think that this really happened to someone. Even me at 16 am scared to death of this show but loves to watch it.

The actors on this show could be better. Sometimes I notice them reusing actors for different episodes. but other than that, this show is great.
  • I always get goosebumps whenever I watch this

I never watch it during mornings or afternoons, I always want to watch it every midnight to keep myself awake.

Exorcisms, possessions, haunted houses and cursed objects, classic things that always scares me anytime.

I love this show so much, yet at the same time hate it since it always gives me nightmares, and I can't even get the scenes out of my head.

I also feel that this show might strengthen our faith to God, since it's mostly God doing the hard work in exorcisms or taking out the devil from the person, even if it scares us, it's still a miracle for them to be alive, and I hoped they're faith in God gets stronger as well.
  • Very creepy show dealing with ghosts.

This is one of my all time favorite shows on television. Now, it's hard to find shows that are centered around the supernatural, so this is one of the reasons I love the show. The other is that every single episode (that's right, every episode) never fails to send a chill up my spine. When I watch the show, I usually sink down in my seat, as, to me, some moments are very intense. What's interesting to me is how these ghosts or poltergeists affect the people. Also, some of the stories are very cool, like the ones dealing with exorcisims. Overall, this great show deserves a 10. If I could, I would probably rate it higher.
  • In a class of it's own

A Haunting is by far the best paranormal program on television. If you need more substance than orbs and the occasional E.V.P., as seen on the other programs like "Ghost Hunters"and "Paranormal State" this is the program for you. Every single episode is the true account of an actual haunting or demon infestation, in the form of a documentary supported by the actual victims. Each episode is the recreation of the actual events that have taken place over time, sometimes these people that a long time to get hint of (get out). If this program doesn't convince you, there is something to the paranormal nothing will.
  • This is a show that reflects people's terrifying experiences with the paranormal.

This is a great show, that i take time out of my day to watch. I wish i could E-Mail the shows creator to talk to him about something. In "hungry ghosts" or something that has to do with hungry spirits, I had something that happened to me that was very similar to the young girl in the show. Is there any way I could come in contact with the author of this show or something? If so, i would like to know that as soon as possible. I am running out of words to use to get this review published. Okay, 100 words. Thanks you!
  • SO MUCH of what happen's "On this show Happen's here"! The Confusion of what next,and trying to Prove it,being HAPPY ur not nut's!Then feeling "Guilty" about "being Happy" The Family finally Seen/Heard/Felt it? Which did'nt take us long?

A Haunting Is Amazingly Accurate!!
    I CAN relate to ALL of the Actor's when they are "Wondering if they heard/seen/felt that?
    And then discovering "Yes",without a Doubt I did,NOW HOW do I Handle it?
    My Home,has been Ceritifiably "Haunted with a Porthole" by a team of Paranormal Investigator's.
    Pic's,Video's they gave me have Amazing thing's in them.
    It IS too blatant to "NOT" recognise,and yet "Sometime's" SO Subtlle you sometime's wonder "WHAT WAS THAT? AM I going Crazy? I asked my Father-In-Law (the 1 that we got the Home from) IS ANYONE In The Home? He said "Absolutly Yes",5-9 that he knew of? He asked me have I seen them,do they Touch me,and talk to me? I responded "From the 1st nite I Moved in I have been dealing with this!
    I worked at 911,and My Husband was in Law Enforcement.But Neither of US was able to continue with Our Job's,since moving here? He did Job his for 13 Year's and Loved it,I had just begun for only a Few month's.
    Thing's such as Pennie's,dont fall from the ceiling,or get up and spin on their own ,Bible tape's DONT get strewn all over the room with No-One there? Shadow's DONT go across the Room at nite with no-one making them,People DONT enter the Back door when people are Not there? Right?
    But here they ALL happen.
    People dont call Our Name's when no-one is here but us,YET they SOUND JUST like us? People are not JUST Angry for no reason,But here they are?
    Babies are heard crying,YET I dont have a Baby.
    G-Babies DONT visit and at age 2 Month's. get wrapped in Cover's so tight,as you turn your back,that YOU can't get them out!But here it did. Spirit's here do it ALL to us ALL the time!
    I have been Physically Pulled out of bed,as my Husband had to hold Onto me,to keep the Spirit's(a Confederate) from taking me "Only God KNOW's where"? I am 44 & NEVER have sleepwalked,BUT I did here,to go Outside,and HAVE a Phyical Confrontation with a Confederate Man, that HAS been caught on Film.
    Sleep Peralisis & Bad dream's are a Constant.
    I am a Christian,and as a Christian,this does NOT fit in with my belief's,BUT here I am. Confused,Lonely,afraid,and knowing they can do what-ever they want SCARE'S me to death DAILY!I am living the Show "A Haunting" Yet,I can NOT get my Husband to leave THIS "Family Farm Hell-House"!
    I INTENSLY (with worry)watch EVERYONE that visit's,they have been touched,got Sick,Got Confused and can't find their way Out of a Room that they just walked into,Family hardly Never Visit's.I seen my Niece wave at a Man,she was around 3 yrs. of age,and then say,He is'nt nice?
    Yet there is no one here that she described?
    I Live in the Country,the Man would have been seen by Me,their Mom,or My mom? Who are they waving at,and WHO is my G-daughter trying to follow away from my home,and what 2 Girl's are my G-son Playing with? He is 4 yrs. old,and has described them,around 1900 Era, the Psycic that came,has described 1 of the girl Spirit's exactly like My Grandson did.
    She say's she drowned in a stream behind Our House,on the Property.
    It for sure made it MORE real when the Ghosthunter's came Out and Confirmed it.It's 1 thing to wonder,another to KNOW!When they say "Yes Your Haunted",Then you dont know too either Cry, or be Happy, because you KNOW NOW you are NOT Losing it,You are "What you thougt". We Are Haunted!
    The Pic's, & DVD's they got,and gave us, was so Unusal to see/hear and Verifies, it REALLY IS Un-Earthly Spirit's & Voices In Our Home.
    This Story started 13 Year's,ago and it STILL seem's like a Dream to me?
    I Have called the Preacher's Out,But 1 came and Prayed over the House a Little,then said O.K.
    He Left and then when I called back and said It's did'nt work,HE WOULD NOT come back! He said he would do it over the Phone?
    Another said "He would think on it".Yet I have heard nothing else out of him?
    They Ceritied I AM HAUNTED,and then said with a Porthole,It can never be closed,& We will have this to live with Spirit's/Ghost from NOW on & For-ever,till THEY dicide to leave? They have caused Sickness,Fight's,Touching us,Talking to us,Paralyzed.I HAVE the Proof to back up ecerything I say.
    So do I watch "A Haunting"? You Bet,Maybe 1 day,someone will have an Answer that will work for me?
  • I investigate apparitions/apparition sites & I find this show to be THE best show on television. Kudos, Discovery Channel. Note that through all testimonies, usually 2 types of entities emerge; human & demonic. Take heed & the next step. Link with Jesus.

Our sight & minds are usually tuned to a frequency scientists named beta. If we could see on different waves (much like dialing on to different frequency waves of a radio) we'd see all kinds of life in the very same area! Now, find out about REAL reality & check out some apparition sites. Start with typing 'Zeitoun, Egypt' in you tool bar. Eyewitness testimony by thousands can't be wrong. Then read about Fatima, Spain. Garabandal Spain. Lourdes, France. Bayside, New York. Medjugorje, Yugoslavia & there's many more. Free your mind & soul. Read, learn & grow. Glean from these things what you need to return to your Heavenly Father for the love He longs to fulfill you with. God Bless us all!
  • I recemend this alot!

if your looking for a show that talks about ghost, spirts, demons, and possestions thats also on discovery channle I'd say this show is right for you! not only will you be learning about ghost and stuff but also its like any orror show! it will make you jump! and then you will laugh for doing so! I just have to say I love the fact a brandon new episode comes on EVERY FRIDAY! all I have to say is its the only show thats good for learning I like! really go check it out discovery channel every day 2/ 1 central!
  • The first time I watched this episode I feel in love with it. Everyday when it was on I was glued to the tv weatching it. I would stock up all my snacks and drinks and wouldn't move from my chair until the episode was over.

The first time I watched A Haunting on the discovery channel I absoultely feel in love with it. Everyday I would be glued to the television waiting for the program to begin making sure that all my drinks were filled and snacks were readily able to get to just so I wouldn't miss any part of the episode. When I went to go put it on it wasn't listed as being on this week I was so disappointed that I couldn't find when it would be on again. Please put it back on the air I miss watching it. Please let me know the days and times so I can begin watching it again. Thank you Sandy ssorenson4665@yahoo.com
  • A haunting is awesome!!!

A haunting is just great I mean This show is so scary and this is the most scariest show and believe me you must watch this I you r a courageous person. All the actors r fantastic and they do such a job that it makes u to believe on the story. I is a nice medium of entertainment and the whole family can watch it together and can have fun. All the seasons r good. All my friends watch this show with a great exitement. We (my friends and me) newer miss any episode of a haunting but I can't remember any episode of a haunting and thats the problem of memory bcoz the story of all the episodes r similar to some extent. You must watch this!!! You must watch this!!! You must watch this!!!
  • Personal favorite

I think this is a great show. Rather you think the stories are true or not is all up to you. But I really enjoy all the stories and recreating of what happened. I can watch this show all day and nights. Not a scary show atleast not to me. For some reason this show doesn't scare me but Unsolved Mysteries does. Anyhow great show and would recommend it to anyone who likes ghost/spirit stories or like shows that deal with paranormal phenomena. But not to be offensive I just don't think this show belongs of the Discovery channel I mean their is nothing scientific or educational about.
  • i wish i lived in a haunted house.

i like this show because i like haunted houses. i always dreamed of living in a haunted house and wonder if my house is haunted. i wish it were cause then an episode could be made at my house! it's sad how some people don't believe in ghosts and ignore people's warnings. but they come around and feel the pain. ghosts and demons are extremly powerful. the can possese your house, body, and make your car run into a tree. after watching this show i decided i want to take a career in haunted house investigation. if i'm good enough i can probably find a really bad haunted house and have an episode made of it.
  • I LOVE this show!!

a haunting is a really great show!! Its pretty spooky but thats why I love it!! I mean I dont if the things in the show reallly happened but who cares its still fun to watch! They need to make some new episodes though. This show creeps me out sometimes espeacially at night talk about scary!! Anyways I just can't get enough of this show I would watch it everyday if came on everyday that is. sadly it doesnt =[. I wonder if any of these stories actaullly happend?? If so I fel sorry for those peoeple.But like I said great show, love it.
  • It's unbelieveable...

Right now I am watching an episode about a lady being possessed. The episode is called The Possessed. It is kind of hard to believe, because how do they tape all of this stuff as it is happening? Do you see what I mean? I need someone else to leave a review answering my question please. It is very important. The episode is showing all this bad stuff that is happening to some lady, and how she is having an Exorcism right now. I really do not know if I believe in it. I try my best to, but for people to just tape it right off the bat, it is confusing me. But this show is very real and interesting. I think it is a great way to learn. Thanks for making this show people! I LOVE IT. ♥
    -me.
  • A Decent Haunting Recreation Series

"A Haunting" actually started out as two separate Made-for-TV movie documentaries, but they must have been successes because DISCOVERY has made the movies into a regular series. For some reason, the show seems to have focused on cases that have invoked terror in the living and which involve or require exorcisms in stead of conventional peaceful hauntings which are so much more common. Even the series "Haunted Lives" proved there were good and bad ghosts while "Unsolved Mysteries" ran segments on peaceful ghosts. The episodes so far seem faithful, but some of the sets appear reused; it's hard to tell if they return to the actual locations. Using a combination of recreations and witness testimony, the series seems stuck on the pretext that spirits are always harmful, but as any true student of the subject will tell you, that is not typical. "A Haunting" is actually formulaic in its story-telling, but it will scare you if all you want is a good fright.
  • great show.

now here's a documentary show that's scary. this show is just as scary as any horror show but it's also a documentary, now that's really scary. it's creepy, but it's a very entertaining show to watch. it features stuff that you might find in a horror show, but you see it here. the producers did a good job with this one. the stories are based a real life accounts of hauntings, and combined with some special effects adds to the creepiness of the subject. this show is a must see each week, it's really entertaining. each episode is a real treat.
< 1 2 3