A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

gabfan31

A Haunting Fan Reviews (88)

• easily a Christian propaganda show

This show is clearly meant to slam all other faiths or those that are Atheist.

I for one am a Male witch and even I know there is no such things a black or white magik as it is the heart of the castor that makes it good or evil.

==========

there was a episode where the woman's mother was a 'black' magik user and that she had a 'pentagram' tattooed on her body.

=======

they don't even do their research on it. the image used was a pentacle as there is a difference in the meaning.

=======

also it was clear that the paranormal group nor the show producers didn't even bother trying to get the mother's side of the story. the woman in the story clearly hated her mother for leaving her and would blame her if a fly landed in her drink or why poop is brown.

=======

and like other posters stated before the exorcism wouldn't work if the entity is not scared of the Christian god.

=======

The better show would be The Dead Files as Amy clearly states in many of her shows that no one religion would work for everything. such as native American curses could only be lifted by one of their own.

=======

sadly I can only give this show a 1 instead of a negative rating.

• Lets be clear

First, I am a devout Christian who has studied witchcraft, mysticism, and folklore for most of my life. Its some pretty cool stuff, and i don't have anything against anyone's religion except blatant Satanism and Scientology. Those suck balls. I used to love this show despite the fact that it clearly spruced things up for effect. If you compared what was described by the people to what was shown you would see a few inaccuracies but that was no big deal since i watched for entertainment. But this show has gone down the shitter. I depicts children as inept cowards even when there into their twenties and their depictions of a lot of their shit is woefully inaccurate. I fully believe in the power of God, but a lot of the things done on here are of questionable validity. Personally, i have practiced magic even while being Christian, but then i stopped because it actually did create problems i my life. I honestly think it worked at least to some degree because anytime i ever chanted to find something i did. That being said, i stopped my practice and reaffirmed my faith in the Lord and his teachings. I dislike this show because it is an unrealistic depiction of human behavior,it has shown Catholic prayer working in Atheistic or Agnostic families, and uses testimony, often from alleged psychics, that is clearly made up to any observer. I did enjoy this show and i don't have a problem with most religions, but even we Christians who acknowledge the might of the Lord must recognize that this show is crap on a cracker and blatant couldn't finish any of the new episodes because they were so terrible. They make vague references to gods demons and spirits but only in loose terms that don't further viewers knowledge of the subject matter.
  • Biased. One-Sided. Accounts Possibly Twisted. Non-Christians (especially Pagan Spiritual groups) are Labeled as the "Perpetrators" of the "Real Evil in America"

I am a Pagan and unlike many Christianists, I study my philosophical interests thoroughly, and I research the whole spirit world with a consciousness-based approach.

I've been watching this show, and it had a few paranormalists from other religions but the more episodes I watched, especially now after seeing a part of the "Curse of the Mummy" episode, I have lost my faith in the reality of this show. I seriously study Ancient Egyptian Spirituality (Kemeticism), and I was waiting for them to name that "volatile and aggressive Egyptian god" with whom that priestess supposedly was dealing in that episode so I could conclude once and for all whether I wanted to keep tuning into this show or not, but the more I gave it thought as the episode perhaps got a quarter of the way through (still not being too straightforward about identifying or describing that god), the more I concluded this is Judeo-Christian propaganda. And that's too far beneath me intellectually. Not that the real Jesus hates, but God save me from some of these groups that claim to be your followers who for some reason choose to exploit that one specific poor avatar of yours just to degrade their own mortal enemies! I can see how the Christ is easier to exploit though than the Buddha just because of the crucifixion story getting warped whereas the Buddha spent more time and energy conducting academic research under the Bodhi tree so his account on ascension is more thorough and harder for martyrists to twist than that quick crucifixion account that churchpeople half listen to on Sundays when they're only attending for social appearances anyway. If it wasn't for the Councils of Nicea during the Byzantine Reign, Christianity would not be as racist and corrupt as it has come to be today. The Councils of Nicea basically had an "official" voting session and compiled the Christian Bible based on what manuscripts they approved. They declared Gnostic prophets like Thomas "heretics" of their cult.

As an experienced researcher of Metaphysics, Philosophy, Wicca, Paganism, World Religion, Mysticism, and Witchcraft subjects, I happen to know that while a Catholic priest using Jesus in exorcisms is ONLY practical IF that negative entity is afraid of Jesus, thus able to be existentially affected by the Jesus entity. Our existence is really conceived by a conscious or else unconscious experience. If the entity does not believe in nor fear this Jesus patron, the worst it could become is annoyed, like when anti-Gay evangelists stand on the street ranting vile and offensive things against LGBTQ people. Thus the annoyances from the ignorant clergy types intensifies the haunting situations.

The religious people can't seem to comprehend reality beyond so-called Denominational Judeo-Christianity (Christianism), so they make up fictitious biases and no wonder these stories are showing as very obviously one-sided pro-Christianistic.

I finally stopped watching in the middle of that Anti-Kemeticism episode as I grew too disgusted by the philosophical ignorance present. If you're of any other religion or faith besides Christianity, prepare to have your people and your cultural dignity bashed by this show, as clearly this show holds most if not all non-Christianist groups (especially Wiccans) as responsible for all the evil energies in America... Yes, "In America, there is Real Evil, between the things we see and the things we fear, there are doors" and when those doors are opened, the things we feared were really no big thing because when Gays can get married and when the KKK can no longer legally bash people, the only things left to fear are the faces of the enemies themselves who resisted the change. The evil in this show only emerges from the very dysfunctional "church-feuding" hypocrites who are constantly pointing their fingers at others (the haters against marriage equality, the KKK, the political crusaders), while returning to their households where their family life is among some of the most dysfunctional imaginable.

When it comes to the spirit world and things not given instructions for in their bible, the pastored religious people remain uneducated in Spiritualism comparative to total drunks emerging from redneck bars slurring and trying to do what they call "math" from the perspective of a totally sober academic urbanite. Doors otherwise that get opened revealing any negative entities (not particularly caused by the Christianist Dysfunction) were in this case opened by Nature just as a more random and unfortunate event of the changing tides at a less-than-suited time and place; they require Universal Exorcists IF the spirits even happen to be evil if they really want to have guaranteed success in most cases. The only paranormal powers Christianists have is not universal and it can be compared to a physical plane dictator easily and capably controlling his/her own dictatorship with harsh cruel merciless authority, scaring the war criminals into submission, but being powerless in other countries that don't affiliate with that dictator. Christianistic Magick only works in the Christianist Matrix. Do not mistake Christianism the cult for Christianity the religion. Christianity follows the general principle of love taught by Jesus, while Christianism is always making holy war.

And that's my honest, conscious review of this show . . .

I see many others seem to have spotted the bias in this show as well. My sincere regards for them. I do not recommend this show for any group of people who are non-Christian, and if you still persist to watch it: Be warned of this show's potentially offensive content towards most ethnicities.
  • A Haunting more like a bold faced lie

I use to like this show. But the more I watched it was too one sided. It poorly portrays belief systems other than Christianity. I actually watched one episode that didn't. Then the trend continued. It's such a shame this show was geared toward playing into the stereo types that make us shake our head in disgust.

Also, this show loves profiling Ed, and Lorraine Warren. Which if you've done any research you find that it's a good thing Ed is no longer on this Earth to deceive, and betray confidentiality of those people he, and his wife Lorraine played for fools. Real researchers do not cash in for Hollywood. Lorraine is the only one left, and she's just as big of a charlatan as Ed if not more so because Ed's no longer there to coach her.

Do not swallow everything you see on "A Haunting" because its ratings. It's fiction not fact. I tried watching a new episode and it was the same bias that existed as before. If you're gonna portray people who practice my religion as obsessed people who use other people's items such as a piece of hair in a love spell think again.

We do not interfere in other people's free will. Nor do we open doors to send hauntings to their houses. People are sick, and get obsesssed as well as other things but exploring a different religion is not one of them.

An harm none do as ye will. That's the Wiccan rede. Since that episode the show has been pulled but reruns persist. I'm happy that "A Haunting" will no longer play into negative stereotypes or push its bias on the rest of us.

I have friends who are in every religion possible. There's no reason to enjoy A Haunting unless it's just another fictional account.

"Based on true events" doesn't mean it's true. What it really means is made up for dramatic, and theatrical affect. Unless the book is non fiction, in which case still go do your research.
  • Christian Propaganda

I used to love this show for the idea of the paranormal but I just can't enjoy it any more because of the blatant christian propaganda flooding every episode. Shame on every one involved in this steaming pile of garbage. If your a christian who believes in ghosts or "Demons" as they love to call them, you'll probably enjoy this show. If your any other religion or belief system this show does not care about you.
  • Not impressed

I use to do paranormal investigations, I was the tech manager for a couple teams that I was with. So after doing it for several years I find my self unimpressed with this show. Every episode promotes god where god is the only answer & every spirit is a demon. Poppy cock, every belief system has their own way of dealing with spirits, the christian faith isn't the ONLY one that knows how to deal with such matters. Thou you'd never know that by watching the show. I discovered while actually investigating supposed haunted locations that the christian clients ALWAYS claimed to have a demon, which never turned out to be the case. The show is a fars, targeting the christian population while ignoring all other belief systems. I'd rather turn off the tv than watch that show. If I could give a 0 I would, but 1 is the lowest rating I could give.
  • WTH!!

they show Raymond bucklands book while talking about the dark arts? and then the necronomicon? they obviously don't do proper research!! Raymonds book is NOT about the dark arts!! GODS get a CLUE!!

and as for the "Christians" umm, do you guys even read your own holy book? if you look, Jesus never had a problem with the Pagans, just his own people, the isrealites being rat bastards & not following Gods law.

there is 1 spot where the bible talks about a "sorceress" which was later coined a "witch" , it's more or less a msitranslation of an idea. NOT what everyone thinks!

umm, you do realise the Catholics butchered the bible on at least 2 occasions through out history that i know of? probably more. and King James? wow, he mangled it as well. so, really, you guys have no leg to stand on regarding witches/pagans.

i rate this a 1, because Destination America's egregious lack of research!

Funnell Vortex is correct, in all but 1 thing. this IS SO much Christian propeganda. however i do beleive evil exists and for lack of better frame of reference many call them demons.
  • Bad show.

Lets clarify; I DO believe in ghosts, but this show is end to end bullshit.

This whole show is clearly religious propaganda, where Jesus is the answer to everything, 99% of the time. Why else would the majority of the episodes be set in the south? lol.

But seriously, it is pure scripted religious propaganda. Always with the Christian demons that were released by satanic rituals or bad acts (or a ghost of someone that is considered bad by Christian standards) haunting a christian family and having Jesus come save the day (how predictable).

I also don't like how it misleads people about ghosts and spirits, portraying almost every spirit as being violent and evil. MOST GHOSTS ARE HARMLESS, AND DEMONS DON'T EXIST!

The acting in the show is bad. The special effects are so bad as well.

Please, go watch Ghost Hunters and not this shit.
  • Can't stand the new format for "A haunting"

I've watched and enjoyed the show for years and was looking forward to the new episodes. I can't stand the new episodes! First, to makes things clear, "A Haunting" is under new direction; namely New Dominion Pictures for Destination America. In general the plots have changed quite a bit. Almost every new episode is talking about jesus jesus jesus. I'm sick of it! As if the christians have all the answers. Ok, as a sidebar, Christianity is the most hypocritical of all the major religions. But that is another discussion. Is the new administration for this show run by a bunch of christians? I know that New Dominion Pictures produces many many other shows besides "A Haunting" and I'm not familiar with jesus being mentioned in them but what the hell happened to "A haunting"?! I feel like they're forcing jesus down my throat in almost every episode. Come on! Every time a priest gets called to a haunting. matters only get worse. Christians are performing exorcisms and house blessings based on a religious dogma which is completely bogus and self destructive. They don't help but only worsen the situation. There's already more than enough christianity being forced on people daily. I certainly don't want it in a show which I used to love watching. True, "A Haunting" has always had episodes with priests doing exorcisms but it wasn't every show. Since New Dominion Pictures associated with Destination America took over, it's in every episode. Yes, I'm offended! As a paranormal investigator with years of experience having seen more than my share of actual hauntings and having been involved in exorcisms and house blessings with and for christians as well as pagans, I am offended!

What happened? I really want to know what happened to the show. The realism of the show has been lost and replaced with christian dramatics. Like I said ealier, I used to love the show but I am not watching it again if I have to sit there and listen to people reading from the bible, jesus this and jesus that, crucifixes all over the place and holy water thrown everywhere. It's that infantile understanding of religion that gets alot of people in trouble with regard to hauntings in the first place! You have lost a loyal viewer. I'm sure your ratings will plummet.
  • This show is about people in real life showing others about how they interacted or came across with a spirit which is mostly evil this show has possession, conjuring, and so much more.

1.3
    This show was so scary I had really bad nightmares I kept my
    finger on the last button every second This is a horrible show and I would not recommend it to anyone who does not want to be scarred to death this show features horrible and scenes that are too much for a human to view I was so scared I closed my eyes to come up with a code to lock it so that I could never see it again. It is The scariest show I have ever seen and probably would be for everyone else please do not watch this show is based on true events and takes nights to get over I wish I never even saw that and to kids who have or plan to watch this show please stick with Disney channel, and Nickelodeon this is not for kids.

and to parents please block this show for your kids it is on channel 47.

thank you! and that was only a suggestion because if you watch it you will regret it like I have. When you first see it you will not be able to change the channel it is so addicting it is like cigarettes.
  • A Haunting episode on today about a woman who's child was possessed by a man who they called "MAN" The mother told the story and she of course was the hero. She made the entity attack her in MONSTER form and then made him leave by blowing some smoke! Ha.

1.5
    I have to say, this episode was an insult to anyone's intelligence. It was almost stupid and definitely laughable. I think some people just make up this stuff. I do like the show and do believe that there are unexplained things out there for sure. But this one was just not believable. To me any entity that is strong enough to show themselves in a REAL MONSTER form would not be expelled from the home just by a bunch of smoke and ranting "Leave my House" Maybe producers should give the public a little more credit that they are not so naive. This one was just plain unbelievable.
  • Religion and prothesizing have no buisness on the Discovery channel but maybe a religious channel. This is from a christan perspective and the writers have no real clue about the occult, paranormal, wicca or witchcraf.

2.1
    Phony. Uninformed about the supernatural and occult except from a christian perspective. prothelizing has no place on the discovery channel. No real truth on the supernatural and blamed on "demons". I consider this film a bit cheezy too. I am a real wiccan and insulted by the way witches are portrayed on this show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but they seem to bash the spiritual beliefs of others who are different. I have been practicing the occult for years from a positive perspective and never encountered any "boogymen" Bad dead in the house maybe or people are mentally ill that live there or drug addicts?
  • were is the proff

2.5
    they have tons of storys with no proff> were is video footage? were is anything but these crazy people talking about something that is impossible? ok one show features horses moving around in the stals by themselves? they rigged all sorts of stuff EXCEPT VIDEO?? LIKE ALL THE SHOWS!! THEY STATED THEY EVEN CALLED THE COPS. However the cops stayed outside the entire night not bothering doing a investagation on the inside were things were suppose too happen?? come on? really? The people on this show are really mentally unstable? its a sci fi show not actual accounts. If it was then SURPRISE?? THEY WOULD HAVE FOOTAGE? people if yoiu actually believe horses and move from a stall too another without moving a door or locks? your delusional? so too the people who make this show please please don't allow people too acutally believe this stuff. put for entertainment only? for those of you saying its real show me real footage? if your house is haunted? show me a real video. I mean if your in such distress from a haunting you should be able too video tape it even with a laptop or phone? god people are so naive they actually believe story telling
  • If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been lower.

A Haunting is One Hundered Percent fake from start to finish. This show is so pathetic and terrbilly written it's funny. The expressions and special effects are just sad. It doesn't take an idiot to realize this show is fake. For all of you haunting wannabies: there are no such things as ghosts, only demons. If you think your house is haunted, you're either paranoid, or you're seriously screwed up in the head. None of the episodes are even scary, it seems as if the writers didn't even try. Instead of scaring me, this show just makes me laugh. And I'm sure that's not their intention. If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been even lower.
  • This is one of the best haunting shows I have ever watched. I like things like ghosthunters but "A Haunting" really tells the whole story. I just wish I could be home to watch it.

3.7
    This show really makes you jump right out of your seat without seeing alot of gore. A good old vashioned haunting is great. I would recommend this show to anyone. Like I said I wish it was on say at 8:00 P.M. where I live. I think my favorite one was the two hour A Haunting in Conneticut. That one was really scary. I would like to see more of the two hour shows. I think I lived in a haunted house once but nothing went on like what happens to the people on the show. I think it would be great if they would go back and do a follow up on some of these houses. Like the house in A Haunting in Conneticut.
  • The supposed actual victims who narrate between the re-enacting are just actors.

The actual people narrating their experience between the reenactment phases can't be real and must be actors. One woman said she was 9 in 1972. No way was she that old. An elderly woman was speaking of her father, then the father was stating his experience and there wasn't a decade between them. Phony.

• Most of the time I like A Haunting, I usually watch it in bed with the lights turned off to create some atmosphere!

4.3
    Most of the time I like A Haunting, I usually watch it in bed with the light turned off to create some atmosphere! Normally the actors and actually involved people sound alike - as if they're from the same area or they're good at accents. Sometimes the acting is rather dubious or unrealistic.
    Last night the episode was called "The Wheatsheaf Horror" and was based on a pub in West Boldon, South Tyneside (I live in North Tyneside and used to teach in Boldon, I've also had a drink in that pub). Anyway to cut a long story short the accents were appalling - the actors had English accents worse than Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Instead of attempting the accent they seemed to try to sound like upper class twits - Monty Python style - and failed that! The story in itself was fascinating but the silly accents detracted from the programme and ruined the ambience.
  • Suggestion to the producers of this show

4.5
    How is it that the people being interviewed are real but I can not find a single way to apply for the show?

I bet the show would get more views with real stories from real people. Some true tales are actually a lot more frightening than what the imagination can make up because it's realistic
  • Abused case in Austin, Texas.

I have heard that a woman got abused by a ghost in Austin, Texas. Yes, she got abused by a basta.. ghost for real.

Of course they have called the priest to chase off the ghost, but 9 month after the incident she got a baby...

I don't know what happened next but I don't wanna know, I thik I'm gonna just go to the church and prey, prey, prey, prey and prey...!

May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !
  • Good, can shorten the short clips in between or better yet do without.

6.9
    Before and after a commercial when they show the short clips to try and build suspence. I beleive the show can definitely do without it. My friend and I both beleive that. Other than that we really love the show and watch it daily, but the short clips before the commercial has got to go. The scream withing the short clips can stop too. It's not scary at all, but other than the short clips the show is very captivating. It catches my attention and my friends attention greatly. So Good job with the show thanks. Really good job. yeah!
  • love paranormal shows

I love watching shows of the paranormal. Its actually all i care to watch. Which i guess is a bad thing because all im watching now are repeats OVER AND OVER AND OVER.. im really bummed about it. Fake or not my attention. Well will again if wecould get something new.

Get on it.. i know there are storys out there .. enough to air different ones vs. Repeats ..
  • stop drawing pentagrams all over everything!" (Black Magic episode)

OMG if I ever have to say that to anyone, especially my son, a hunting would be the least of my worries!I would be more concerned that my mother was actually my sister and I was surrounded by trailer homes. Dad is in no position to judge. I know that goatee is popular with the guys at the KKK funhouse, but truth is you are just to lazy to shave aren't you? Either that or you grew it out to catch the food that falls out of your mouth to eat later. My theory is that dad and his buddies are having a competition to see how fat, ugly and ignorant they have to get before women stop making their babies. And what's with the kitten sacrifice? Again, a haunting would be the least of my worries here. You don't need a priest, you need some Haldol in that house!

The only thing funnier than this show is watching its fans competing for who is the best Christian.
  • Seeing ghosts be recreated isn't as interesting as experiencing a live one,but-

7.6
    A Haunting has a way of making the ghostly experiences these families go through seem very REAL. What I'll never understand, for the life of me is why a lot of the people stay. If a ghost is scratching me, ruining my property of harassing me-I'm not staying around to fight it. What I also find interesting is that ghosts never seem to visit black houses. There was one episode where a Hispanic family had an encounter, though. I guess ghosts can discriminate in the afterlife, too. Anyway-Haunting is a pretty good show. It's good to watch in case your family encounters a 'nother world being.
  • its getting harder and harder to belive that that stuff is real and its the same story every time ☺

7.7
    ok ok ok ok o ko k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kkk k kkkk k k k k k k k k k k k k ak ak K K ka k ks k adk ak dk ask fvdgfbfgbgfngfn g n f fgb dfb d c c c sx fb x casxd a s xs d a d ad gaf gfd d dd d d d d s s d s s s s s s s s aaa
  • what is going on

I'm reading comments slamming down Christian views on this show and its really ridiculous. It is not the only religion I've seen these families go to for these type of hauntings. Are most of them going to God for guidance, yes probably because there are a lot of Christians out there who go through paranormal experiences, like myself. But this show is not jamming that belief down your throat. Its saying that this is what worked for them. But I've seen Native American Shaman, Paranormal Investigators, Mediums and Wiccan ceremonies on this show battling whatever haunting was going on. In most cases the families just leave because nothing worked for them, including going to God. Whether this show is real or fake, what haunts us all isn't and if people want to go to whatever belief system they have, who are we to judge? Everyone here is slamming us Christians down thinking its the only religion showed when its not the truth. There just happens to be a lot more people who believe in God sharing their stories than the rest of you care about. Believe or don't believe but don't slam my religion down simply because you don't have the same one or any religion at all. Watch or don't watch, either way those of us who believe in God and are Christians aren't going anywhere so get over it.
  • Sometimes I think Ghosts are fake & real but I just need some convincing.

Yeah, the Score would be higher if the Acting was better. I did have one experience about a year ago in July or August: I was watching TV & the Window & Door was closed. The Vent is on the Roof. When I looked to the right of- near the corner of the Room, My Towel was hanging halfway & it suddenly moved up & I ran out of my Room. There was no Air either, so I don't know what caused. Nothing as serious as the show but I just don't think it is Real because each episode always needs a Priest to be involved. But I guess it is still entertaining.
  • A really creepy show where I have to remind myself that this is Hollywood's version of what happened

I've really gotten hooked on this series. I do keep reminding myself that this is Hollywood's version of the events that happened. I personally have never experienced such events but my sister has. A few months ago she was cleaning a house where the wife had "disappeared." The husband had quickly sold the house and moved to another state after his wife disappearance. My sister felt a presence there. She talked with the presence and a feeling overcame her that the wife had been killed and was buried in the back yard. She asked me if she was safe and what should she do. I told her that getting rid of ghosts was really simple. The cross is actually a demonic symbol. In the Dead Sea Scrolls, Satan uses a cross to threaten the Son of Man and told Him that he would use a cross to kill him. The cross is actually a murder weapon. The use of the cross comes from the false notion that salvation comes through the cross. Spirits have only two of the five senses, sight and hearing. They can not smell so sage is useless. And a circle of salt? Get real! It tastes great on french frys! If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to explain how simple it is to rid a haunting.
  • Most are better than some.

This show is largely known to be "real", but hundreds doubt that it is non-fictional. The way the producers set it to be is not like real-life, most are set up in a way that would be "un-real", most of it coming from the pure thought of "ghosts" haunting a family.

Each show is set up like all others; you are introduced to a family, which probably recently moved, and then you see how it's usually one (or a few) family members that are targeted - and no one believes them. However, at the end, it is "too late", and they must preform an exorcism to rid of the spirit, whether it is good or evil.

The devil - or a sign of evil - is frequently designed into the storyline to add it's "scary effect", which may turn some people away due to it's "witch-ish" effect toward most people who believe in God and stray from evil.

Therefore, I rate it an 8.1, as the fearful factor may be high - it's originality factor is low.
  • It's neat!

I got into this show back when it was new on the Discovery channel, last year when they announced new episodes I thought it was cool. It's certainly different than the last episodes but it's all the same in the end. I've noticed that no new episodes are being produced after 10/20, didn't the season just start? Where is episode 55?
  • Great show!

Disbelievers, be ready to be proven wrong because this show brings out the worst entities you'll ever see! Sure they change a few details here and there but that's to respect the victims and 100% proves the stories are real. I may not believe in things like ouija boards but this show is great to watch.
< 1 2 3