A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

A Haunting Fan Reviews (99)

• This show is about people in real life showing others about how they interacted or came across with a spirit which is mostly evil this show has possession, conjuring, and so much more.

1.3
    This show was so scary I had really bad nightmares I kept my
    finger on the last button every second This is a horrible show and I would not recommend it to anyone who does not want to be scarred to death this show features horrible and scenes that are too much for a human to view I was so scared I closed my eyes to come up with a code to lock it so that I could never see it again. It is The scariest show I have ever seen and probably would be for everyone else please do not watch this show is based on true events and takes nights to get over I wish I never even saw that and to kids who have or plan to watch this show please stick with Disney channel, and Nickelodeon this is not for kids.

and to parents please block this show for your kids it is on channel 47.

thank you! and that was only a suggestion because if you watch it you will regret it like I have. When you first see it you will not be able to change the channel it is so addicting it is like cigarettes.
  • this show was awesome.

when i first saw this episode i was seeing the whole earth as if i walked in another dimension from my home (apartment) to a realm that showed ghosts and the undead alive like watching high definition. a haunting was the only show that ever showed me that what lurks out there in the big world besides all of the stuff you normally see in your past lives. after this showed me enough i finally get to understand the supernatural and it's evil. i also get to understand that your fantasy life in the show won't come true.instead the ghosts will haunt till you do an exorcism.
    grade point average:A++
  • A Haunting episode on today about a woman who's child was possessed by a man who they called "MAN" The mother told the story and she of course was the hero. She made the entity attack her in MONSTER form and then made him leave by blowing some smoke! Ha.

1.5
    I have to say, this episode was an insult to anyone's intelligence. It was almost stupid and definitely laughable. I think some people just make up this stuff. I do like the show and do believe that there are unexplained things out there for sure. But this one was just not believable. To me any entity that is strong enough to show themselves in a REAL MONSTER form would not be expelled from the home just by a bunch of smoke and ranting "Leave my House" Maybe producers should give the public a little more credit that they are not so naive. This one was just plain unbelievable.
  • Abused case in Austin, Texas.

I have heard that a woman got abused by a ghost in Austin, Texas. Yes, she got abused by a basta.. ghost for real.

Of course they have called the priest to chase off the ghost, but 9 month after the incident she got a baby...

I don't know what happened next but I don't wanna know, I thik I'm gonna just go to the church and prey, prey, prey, prey and prey...!

May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !
  • If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been lower.

A Haunting is One Hundered Percent fake from start to finish. This show is so pathetic and terrbilly written it's funny. The expressions and special effects are just sad. It doesn't take an idiot to realize this show is fake. For all of you haunting wannabies: there are no such things as ghosts, only demons. If you think your house is haunted, you're either paranoid, or you're seriously screwed up in the head. None of the episodes are even scary, it seems as if the writers didn't even try. Instead of scaring me, this show just makes me laugh. And I'm sure that's not their intention. If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been even lower.
  • Most of the time I like A Haunting, I usually watch it in bed with the lights turned off to create some atmosphere!

4.3
    Most of the time I like A Haunting, I usually watch it in bed with the light turned off to create some atmosphere! Normally the actors and actually involved people sound alike - as if they're from the same area or they're good at accents. Sometimes the acting is rather dubious or unrealistic.
    Last night the episode was called "The Wheatsheaf Horror" and was based on a pub in West Boldon, South Tyneside (I live in North Tyneside and used to teach in Boldon, I've also had a drink in that pub). Anyway to cut a long story short the accents were appalling - the actors had English accents worse than Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Instead of attempting the accent they seemed to try to sound like upper class twits - Monty Python style - and failed that! The story in itself was fascinating but the silly accents detracted from the programme and ruined the ambience.
  • At the name of Jesus demons tremble

A Haunting is the best show on Destination America

I always look forward to your A Haunting episodes. I've watched them all repeatedly. I know them by heart. Yrs ago I've gone thru terrifying experiences with evil spirits & I really didn't know how to get rid of them. I was so scared back then & I was a Christian, but I was what you call a baby Christian. I didn't know that much about the Bible. But I'm telling you when you experience something like this, it makes you a strong believer. Just from reading a few comments below makes me think these few people really haven't been scared enough to call on God or they're just allowing evil spirits to deceive them. Some people like the devil. It's weird.

Years ago, I was too embarrassed to ask for help. When my family & I were being tormented there weren't any paranormal TV shows. I wish there was. I asked somebody from our church, a friend, if there were real demons & she said "Oh, yes!" But, she didn't tell me how to get rid of them & I didn't ask. At first I think it was too much for my heart to handle. I mean I was terrified when I heard this whisper in the room with me & my little girl. But that happened, after we all had heard this powerful breathing coming from outside our windows in the summertime. I mean it had to fly from one window to the other making this loud breathing sound. There are no lungs on this earth powerful enough to make that kind of sound. Before it happened, me & the kids were starting to watch a movie on TV & I heard a noise at the front door. I went to look, but nothing was there. We watched the movie, then I went to my bedroom, while the kids were all settling down to go to bed. Then I heard my oldest daughter call for me. She said "Mom! Something's outside our house. Listen!" I said "Oh, it's I just shrugged it off. But she said "No, Mom come here! Listen!" So, I started walking thru the kitchen & I could it hear it from there. I went to their bedroom & it was so loud I could not believe what I was hearing. We lived in the country & we had lights on every side of the house. I looked at the trees to see, if the leaves were blowing, but there was no wind. I pushed my face on the screen to look down on each side of the windows, and didn't see anyone hiding. I grabbed my little girl who was asleep near the window. I got all the kids into the middle bathroom. Turned off all the lights. Some had gotten utensils from the kitchen to defend us. They were terrified. But this sound was not from this world. I can tell you that right now. This was supernatural. It scared us so bad. So, I got my kids in the middle of the house in the bathroom, turned off all the lights, and I said "Come on, kids pray with me. The Bible says wherever there are 2 or more gathered together in His name, He will be there in the midst of And they all held hands & I led them in prayer. IMMEDIATELY it stopped!

I'm telling anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, you are fooling yourself, if you don't think He's real. Even the demons believe & tremble! They know who He is.

They took off, as soon as I said His name!

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Memorize the Lord's Prayer. Part of it says He rescues us from demons.

Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER(RESCUE) US FROM EVIL: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

By His authority, God has given all His children POWER over the enemy.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and OVER ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, THAT THE SPIRITS ARE SUBJECT UNTO YOU; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

• They are messing with fire...

I am a Christian and believe that God does not want us to communicate with any being but Him. You have no idea what is on the other end of the interaction. This is why I don't like these shows. Fake or not they promote acknowledging spirits. There is evil out there. Doing this may open a door and invite trouble in. Why subject yourself to it unless absolutely necessary?

Also, I suggest that those of you who bash Christianity do some open-minded reading and see for yourselves what Christianity really is. If I am wrong then that's fine. No harm done. If I am right then I will spend eternity with Jesus without evil and sin.
  • The supposed actual victims who narrate between the re-enacting are just actors.

The actual people narrating their experience between the reenactment phases can't be real and must be actors. One woman said she was 9 in 1972. No way was she that old. An elderly woman was speaking of her father, then the father was stating his experience and there wasn't a decade between them. Phony.

• A haunting is the best, original and excellent narration make this a constant winner.

this is the original go show and I still love it after seven seasons
  • @ there is Evil There is his nemesis GOD!

Where there is Evil There is his nemesis GOD! if you call this Christian propaganda then I feel sorry for can not have good without bad, Demonic without Angelic, Devil without God!!! So of course all of this is religiously based, whether it be Jew, Christian or Muslim or any faith!!!! Each one has its means to banish demonic and evil you Dont like it, then Dont Watch!!! This is real to us in our faiths and we have the means to fight evil.........
  • Religion and prothesizing have no buisness on the Discovery channel but maybe a religious channel. This is from a christan perspective and the writers have no real clue about the occult, paranormal, wicca or witchcraf.

2.1
    Phony. Uninformed about the supernatural and occult except from a christian perspective. prothelizing has no place on the discovery channel. No real truth on the supernatural and blamed on "demons". I consider this film a bit cheezy too. I am a real wiccan and insulted by the way witches are portrayed on this show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but they seem to bash the spiritual beliefs of others who are different. I have been practicing the occult for years from a positive perspective and never encountered any "boogymen" Bad dead in the house maybe or people are mentally ill that live there or drug addicts?
  • Playing repeat episodes & calling them NEW

I love this show when I'm in the mood for cheesy horror. I am actually a big enough fan that I can notice when they play a repeat episode and try to pass it off as a New episode and that makes me like the show less. The most recent "Demonic Activity" episode played 9/6/15 was originally played under the title "Portal of Doom" in Dec 2014. I had to look all that up. I was bothered enough to look it up. That's all. Get it together A Haunting people. You think no one is going to notice you are lazy?
  • what is going on

I'm reading comments slamming down Christian views on this show and its really ridiculous. It is not the only religion I've seen these families go to for these type of hauntings. Are most of them going to God for guidance, yes probably because there are a lot of Christians out there who go through paranormal experiences, like myself. But this show is not jamming that belief down your throat. Its saying that this is what worked for them. But I've seen Native American Shaman, Paranormal Investigators, Mediums and Wiccan ceremonies on this show battling whatever haunting was going on. In most cases the families just leave because nothing worked for them, including going to God. Whether this show is real or fake, what haunts us all isn't and if people want to go to whatever belief system they have, who are we to judge? Everyone here is slamming us Christians down thinking its the only religion showed when its not the truth. There just happens to be a lot more people who believe in God sharing their stories than the rest of you care about. Believe or don't believe but don't slam my religion down simply because you don't have the same one or any religion at all. Watch or don't watch, either way those of us who believe in God and are Christians aren't going anywhere so get over it.
  • Great show!

Disbelievers, be ready to be proven wrong because this show brings out the worst entities you'll ever see! Sure they change a few details here and there but that's to respect the victims and 100% proves the stories are real. I may not believe in things like ouija boards but this show is great to watch.
  • Finally, a TV show on the paranormal that isn't staged.

The mere fact that I taped all episodes to VHS cassette tapes shows my (high) degree of interest. This show is awesome and proves that evil is real. I hope they continue to make more and more episodes...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....there we go. I didn't plan on writing a thesis, but this thing needed a minimal of 100 words.
  • demons and casper same yet different

its a great show like grandma's bedtime stories, yes don't dabble with the dark side ,being a muslim its part of our faith to believe in jin(ghosts) there is a whole chapter in the holy quran ,that doesn't necessarily mean that i don't beleive that torah or bible's ability to defeat dark demons (disciples of satan) is any much lesser after all even with human editing of those two holy books word of god still is in them both as well along with human made up philosophy over time , so here is what muslims beleive, it is no human spirits stick arnd the earth to roam it for eternity only ones around are jinns and the devil was of the jinns (not a fallen angel) but he was granted rank and equality with angels for being pious and prayfull to the almighty untill god made adam and ordered all the angels and satan to bow before adam as he is the best of gods creation every angel bowed as angels don't have free will but jinn like men have free will he did not bow due to his pride as being better then humans long story short he was banished from the ranks of angels , satan devil can not be at all places at once so he has disciples(from jinns ghosts) who go arnd misleading misdireting mankind ,so the bottom line is there are no human spirits arnd only jinns immitating human shape to manipulate emotions, now jinns can be good or bad (demonic), jinns have religions as well they live they die they reproduce ,anyhow a great show love it
  • I had a personal experience with "spirits" when I was younger and I wanted to share with you my story.

When I was fourteen I had just started to get in to my Christian faith. God had changed my world. However, what I didn't know was that that time of molding and shaping me left me very vulnerable. I slept in a room alone in the second floor northeast corner of my house. It was all fine until about two weeks in to me sleeping in there. One night I was laying on my side about to crash out and I heard something very disturbing. I heard light breathing that sounded almost like wheezing. I started to get massive chills and really nervous. After only about a minute it went away. I laid wide-awake for a while then started to doze off again. When I started to shut my eyes and slip away into la-la land the breathing came back. This time, it was much, much louder. It sounded like a REAL person was breathing very heavily right in my ear. I got to a breaking point and sprinted out of the room and down the stairs to my mom crying my eyes out in fear. The next night I tried again to sleep there and it started soft so I ran again not looking back. Two days later I had moved into a different room. I loved it and for the first week nothing strange happened. One night when I was about to go to sleep I felt my cat at my feet so I reached down to get her and she wasn't there. I didn't really think anything of it until it happened again and I reached again and she still wasn't there. I started to get the chills again and heard a noise towards my door. I flipped over and stared at my door frozen. It moved a little and I couldn't move at all. The door then swung open and my brothers across the hall did the same. He wasn't there and his room was pitch black. Frozen, I stared into his room. His door then slammed shut and mine right after. As my door decided to once again creak open slightly, I ran through it and back in to my mothers arms. She told me to ask Jesus to come and claim the house next time it happened. The next night, they came again. I felt the cat and didn't move. The door creaked open followed by my brothers and I turned my fear into anger. I screamed as loud as possible, " This is Gods house! In the name of Jesus Christ, leave this house and never come back!" All went silent and my door didn't move. The invisible cat was gone and my room felt safe. I'm now seventeen and strong in my faith and I believe that was a huge turning point that helped me to understand the real realm that exists outside of our sights. I was never bothered again.
  • New season finally 2016!

I am a long time fan of the show. I like that religion is not masked or left out of the show in an attempt to appease the non-believers. It's fine that you have no faith but don't expect the realities of fighting evil to be toned down for political correctness. That's half the problem with this country, someone is always offended. The truth is to fight evil, faith is required. It doesn't have to be Christianity but since there are millions of Christians world wide, you should not be surprised that the faith of those being haunted is Christian. I personally feel badly for those they depict on the show whose children have never been baptized or who have no faith. To rid themselves of evil near impossible without Christ. It's just truth sorry if it offends, don't watch the show then.

As for the new season 2016, it's pretty good but the drama seems amped up, and the special effects seem to make it less real. I guess what was left to the imagination from afar was more realistic. For me anyway. Besides that, so happy the show is back from hiatus!
  • New Format

I am very pleased with the new format and the homage payed to the only real way to get help when encountering genuine paranormal hauntings. I am sure the secular world will complain, but the truth is the truth and all the secular howlings will not change that.
  • I LOVE this show!!

a haunting is a really great show!! Its pretty spooky but thats why I love it!! I mean I dont if the things in the show reallly happened but who cares its still fun to watch! They need to make some new episodes though. This show creeps me out sometimes espeacially at night talk about scary!! Anyways I just can't get enough of this show I would watch it everyday if came on everyday that is. sadly it doesnt =[. I wonder if any of these stories actaullly happend?? If so I fel sorry for those peoeple.But like I said great show, love it.
  • Same old same old...

Clearly becoming religionist propaganda. I am a believer in the supernatural, but each of these shows has become the same story. Ghostly happenings--WHOOPS it's a DEMON (Oh NO!). Call the priest. Screaming exorcism. All is well (rarely, it continues). Used to be an interesting show about ghosts. I'm not watching this anymore!
  • Very dissapointed in a made-up episode....

As many others have stated they have loved this show, until after so many questions. I too had to question an episode that was in fact faked. We live pretty close to this place and drove there and talked to the sons father. I'll leave it at that...

Come to find out this particular episode was all made up, but the producers of the show believed this woman.
  • Lets be clear

First, I am a devout Christian who has studied witchcraft, mysticism, and folklore for most of my life. Its some pretty cool stuff, and i don't have anything against anyone's religion except blatant Satanism and Scientology. Those suck balls. I used to love this show despite the fact that it clearly spruced things up for effect. If you compared what was described by the people to what was shown you would see a few inaccuracies but that was no big deal since i watched for entertainment. But this show has gone down the shitter. I depicts children as inept cowards even when there into their twenties and their depictions of a lot of their shit is woefully inaccurate. I fully believe in the power of God, but a lot of the things done on here are of questionable validity. Personally, i have practiced magic even while being Christian, but then i stopped because it actually did create problems i my life. I honestly think it worked at least to some degree because anytime i ever chanted to find something i did. That being said, i stopped my practice and reaffirmed my faith in the Lord and his teachings. I dislike this show because it is an unrealistic depiction of human behavior,it has shown Catholic prayer working in Atheistic or Agnostic families, and uses testimony, often from alleged psychics, that is clearly made up to any observer. I did enjoy this show and i don't have a problem with most religions, but even we Christians who acknowledge the might of the Lord must recognize that this show is crap on a cracker and blatant couldn't finish any of the new episodes because they were so terrible. They make vague references to gods demons and spirits but only in loose terms that don't further viewers knowledge of the subject matter.
  • WTH!!

they show Raymond bucklands book while talking about the dark arts? and then the necronomicon? they obviously don't do proper research!! Raymonds book is NOT about the dark arts!! GODS get a CLUE!!

and as for the "Christians" umm, do you guys even read your own holy book? if you look, Jesus never had a problem with the Pagans, just his own people, the isrealites being rat bastards & not following Gods law.

there is 1 spot where the bible talks about a "sorceress" which was later coined a "witch" , it's more or less a msitranslation of an idea. NOT what everyone thinks!

umm, you do realise the Catholics butchered the bible on at least 2 occasions through out history that i know of? probably more. and King James? wow, he mangled it as well. so, really, you guys have no leg to stand on regarding witches/pagans.

i rate this a 1, because Destination America's egregious lack of research!

Funnell Vortex is correct, in all but 1 thing. this IS SO much Christian propeganda. however i do beleive evil exists and for lack of better frame of reference many call them demons.
  • were is the proff

2.5
    they have tons of storys with no proff> were is video footage? were is anything but these crazy people talking about something that is impossible? ok one show features horses moving around in the stals by themselves? they rigged all sorts of stuff EXCEPT VIDEO?? LIKE ALL THE SHOWS!! THEY STATED THEY EVEN CALLED THE COPS. However the cops stayed outside the entire night not bothering doing a investagation on the inside were things were suppose too happen?? come on? really? The people on this show are really mentally unstable? its a sci fi show not actual accounts. If it was then SURPRISE?? THEY WOULD HAVE FOOTAGE? people if yoiu actually believe horses and move from a stall too another without moving a door or locks? your delusional? so too the people who make this show please please don't allow people too acutally believe this stuff. put for entertainment only? for those of you saying its real show me real footage? if your house is haunted? show me a real video. I mean if your in such distress from a haunting you should be able too video tape it even with a laptop or phone? god people are so naive they actually believe story telling
  • WRONG INFO

3.5
    Okay I'm actually a fan of this show which shows a lot of good details but the episode "conjuring evil" keeps talking about the girls just doing "witch craft" well that's not what witchcraft is. It gives off false information as to what people who do witchcraft more like satanic rituals.
  • Suggestion to the producers of this show

4.5
    How is it that the people being interviewed are real but I can not find a single way to apply for the show?

I bet the show would get more views with real stories from real people. Some true tales are actually a lot more frightening than what the imagination can make up because it's realistic
  • Show footage of evidence

I believe in paranormal activities so naturally I was drawn to the show and I do enjoy it. As a TV person myself I do think the show lacks authenticity by your inability to show actual footage of evidence gathered by investigators . While the aim of the show is to prove to people that paranormal activities do occur, I would appreciate it more if hard evidence recorded during incidents could be shown to viewers. Some skeptics might also be convinced in the process.

Kay.
  • Good, can shorten the short clips in between or better yet do without.

6.9
    Before and after a commercial when they show the short clips to try and build suspence. I beleive the show can definitely do without it. My friend and I both beleive that. Other than that we really love the show and watch it daily, but the short clips before the commercial has got to go. The scream withing the short clips can stop too. It's not scary at all, but other than the short clips the show is very captivating. It catches my attention and my friends attention greatly. So Good job with the show thanks. Really good job. yeah!
< 1 2 3 4