A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

gabfan31

A Haunting Fan Reviews (77)

• PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!

hello im writing for help or relief or what u like to call it. I live with my grandma in a home about 100 years old or so we cant sleep good at night we are disturbingly wakened. upstairs loud noises doors slamming thing being thrown I cant take this house anymore if this show comes out I would be so happy to find out whats really here. please contact me at I really appreciate if some one can investigate.
  • what is going on

I'm reading comments slamming down Christian views on this show and its really ridiculous. It is not the only religion I've seen these families go to for these type of hauntings. Are most of them going to God for guidance, yes probably because there are a lot of Christians out there who go through paranormal experiences, like myself. But this show is not jamming that belief down your throat. Its saying that this is what worked for them. But I've seen Native American Shaman, Paranormal Investigators, Mediums and Wiccan ceremonies on this show battling whatever haunting was going on. In most cases the families just leave because nothing worked for them, including going to God. Whether this show is real or fake, what haunts us all isn't and if people want to go to whatever belief system they have, who are we to judge? Everyone here is slamming us Christians down thinking its the only religion showed when its not the truth. There just happens to be a lot more people who believe in God sharing their stories than the rest of you care about. Believe or don't believe but don't slam my religion down simply because you don't have the same one or any religion at all. Watch or don't watch, either way those of us who believe in God and are Christians aren't going anywhere so get over it.
  • love paranormal shows

I love watching shows of the paranormal. Its actually all i care to watch. Which i guess is a bad thing because all im watching now are repeats OVER AND OVER AND OVER.. im really bummed about it. Fake or not my attention. Well will again if wecould get something new.

Get on it.. i know there are storys out there .. enough to air different ones vs. Repeats ..
  • @ there is Evil There is his nemesis GOD!

Where there is Evil There is his nemesis GOD! if you call this Christian propaganda then I feel sorry for can not have good without bad, Demonic without Angelic, Devil without God!!! So of course all of this is religiously based, whether it be Jew, Christian or Muslim or any faith!!!! Each one has its means to banish demonic and evil you Dont like it, then Dont Watch!!! This is real to us in our faiths and we have the means to fight evil.........
  • Christian Propaganda

I used to love this show for the idea of the paranormal but I just can't enjoy it any more because of the blatant christian propaganda flooding every episode. Shame on every one involved in this steaming pile of garbage. If your a christian who believes in ghosts or "Demons" as they love to call them, you'll probably enjoy this show. If your any other religion or belief system this show does not care about you.
  • Not impressed

I use to do paranormal investigations, I was the tech manager for a couple teams that I was with. So after doing it for several years I find my self unimpressed with this show. Every episode promotes god where god is the only answer & every spirit is a demon. Poppy cock, every belief system has their own way of dealing with spirits, the christian faith isn't the ONLY one that knows how to deal with such matters. Thou you'd never know that by watching the show. I discovered while actually investigating supposed haunted locations that the christian clients ALWAYS claimed to have a demon, which never turned out to be the case. The show is a fars, targeting the christian population while ignoring all other belief systems. I'd rather turn off the tv than watch that show. If I could give a 0 I would, but 1 is the lowest rating I could give.
  • big fan

I absolutely love this show.. but im kinda of upset to hear that some of the episodes are not true :( I really love the paranormal well the idea of it.. but I hope this show isnt fake
  • It's neat!

I got into this show back when it was new on the Discovery channel, last year when they announced new episodes I thought it was cool. It's certainly different than the last episodes but it's all the same in the end. I've noticed that no new episodes are being produced after 10/20, didn't the season just start? Where is episode 55?
  • Great show!

Disbelievers, be ready to be proven wrong because this show brings out the worst entities you'll ever see! Sure they change a few details here and there but that's to respect the victims and 100% proves the stories are real. I may not believe in things like ouija boards but this show is great to watch.
  • I love these shows

I love these shows and patiently wait for each new show. I have never done anything to encourage a Ghost to appear, yet I did see a full body apparition. It is really rude when nonbelievers insult because they have not seen anything, maybe one day they will see a Ghost. If you have only negative comments about these shows, just remember that no one is forcing you to watch.
  • WTH!!

they show Raymond bucklands book while talking about the dark arts? and then the necronomicon? they obviously don't do proper research!! Raymonds book is NOT about the dark arts!! GODS get a CLUE!!

and as for the "Christians" umm, do you guys even read your own holy book? if you look, Jesus never had a problem with the Pagans, just his own people, the isrealites being rat bastards & not following Gods law.

there is 1 spot where the bible talks about a "sorceress" which was later coined a "witch" , it's more or less a msitranslation of an idea. NOT what everyone thinks!

umm, you do realise the Catholics butchered the bible on at least 2 occasions through out history that i know of? probably more. and King James? wow, he mangled it as well. so, really, you guys have no leg to stand on regarding witches/pagans.

i rate this a 1, because Destination America's egregious lack of research!

Funnell Vortex is correct, in all but 1 thing. this IS SO much Christian propeganda. however i do beleive evil exists and for lack of better frame of reference many call them demons.
  • They are messing with fire...

I am a Christian and believe that God does not want us to communicate with any being but Him. You have no idea what is on the other end of the interaction. This is why I don't like these shows. Fake or not they promote acknowledging spirits. There is evil out there. Doing this may open a door and invite trouble in. Why subject yourself to it unless absolutely necessary?

Also, I suggest that those of you who bash Christianity do some open-minded reading and see for yourselves what Christianity really is. If I am wrong then that's fine. No harm done. If I am right then I will spend eternity with Jesus without evil and sin.
  • ALL KIND OF GRAT HAUNTING ALLBEST OBES OVER10 UP THAKEYOU

HI OVER10 UP ALLGRAT AHAUTING UK USA WHLOEWROLD THAKEYOU NEW ALLNEWONESNOW 2013
  • At the name of Jesus demons tremble

A Haunting is the best show on Destination America

I always look forward to your A Haunting episodes. I've watched them all repeatedly. I know them by heart. Yrs ago I've gone thru terrifying experiences with evil spirits & I really didn't know how to get rid of them. I was so scared back then & I was a Christian, but I was what you call a baby Christian. I didn't know that much about the Bible. But I'm telling you when you experience something like this, it makes you a strong believer. Just from reading a few comments below makes me think these few people really haven't been scared enough to call on God or they're just allowing evil spirits to deceive them. Some people like the devil. It's weird.

Years ago, I was too embarrassed to ask for help. When my family & I were being tormented there weren't any paranormal TV shows. I wish there was. I asked somebody from our church, a friend, if there were real demons & she said "Oh, yes!" But, she didn't tell me how to get rid of them & I didn't ask. At first I think it was too much for my heart to handle. I mean I was terrified when I heard this whisper in the room with me & my little girl. But that happened, after we all had heard this powerful breathing coming from outside our windows in the summertime. I mean it had to fly from one window to the other making this loud breathing sound. There are no lungs on this earth powerful enough to make that kind of sound. Before it happened, me & the kids were starting to watch a movie on TV & I heard a noise at the front door. I went to look, but nothing was there. We watched the movie, then I went to my bedroom, while the kids were all settling down to go to bed. Then I heard my oldest daughter call for me. She said "Mom! Something's outside our house. Listen!" I said "Oh, it's I just shrugged it off. But she said "No, Mom come here! Listen!" So, I started walking thru the kitchen & I could it hear it from there. I went to their bedroom & it was so loud I could not believe what I was hearing. We lived in the country & we had lights on every side of the house. I looked at the trees to see, if the leaves were blowing, but there was no wind. I pushed my face on the screen to look down on each side of the windows, and didn't see anyone hiding. I grabbed my little girl who was asleep near the window. I got all the kids into the middle bathroom. Turned off all the lights. Some had gotten utensils from the kitchen to defend us. They were terrified. But this sound was not from this world. I can tell you that right now. This was supernatural. It scared us so bad. So, I got my kids in the middle of the house in the bathroom, turned off all the lights, and I said "Come on, kids pray with me. The Bible says wherever there are 2 or more gathered together in His name, He will be there in the midst of And they all held hands & I led them in prayer. IMMEDIATELY it stopped!

I'm telling anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, you are fooling yourself, if you don't think He's real. Even the demons believe & tremble! They know who He is.

They took off, as soon as I said His name!

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Memorize the Lord's Prayer. Part of it says He rescues us from demons.

Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER(RESCUE) US FROM EVIL: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

By His authority, God has given all His children POWER over the enemy.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and OVER ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, THAT THE SPIRITS ARE SUBJECT UNTO YOU; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

• Bad show.

Lets clarify; I DO believe in ghosts, but this show is end to end bullshit.

This whole show is clearly religious propaganda, where Jesus is the answer to everything, 99% of the time. Why else would the majority of the episodes be set in the south? lol.

But seriously, it is pure scripted religious propaganda. Always with the Christian demons that were released by satanic rituals or bad acts (or a ghost of someone that is considered bad by Christian standards) haunting a christian family and having Jesus come save the day (how predictable).

I also don't like how it misleads people about ghosts and spirits, portraying almost every spirit as being violent and evil. MOST GHOSTS ARE HARMLESS, AND DEMONS DON'T EXIST!

The acting in the show is bad. The special effects are so bad as well.

Please, go watch Ghost Hunters and not this shit.
  • New Format

I am very pleased with the new format and the homage payed to the only real way to get help when encountering genuine paranormal hauntings. I am sure the secular world will complain, but the truth is the truth and all the secular howlings will not change that.
  • Can't stand the new format for "A haunting"

I've watched and enjoyed the show for years and was looking forward to the new episodes. I can't stand the new episodes! First, to makes things clear, "A Haunting" is under new direction; namely New Dominion Pictures for Destination America. In general the plots have changed quite a bit. Almost every new episode is talking about jesus jesus jesus. I'm sick of it! As if the christians have all the answers. Ok, as a sidebar, Christianity is the most hypocritical of all the major religions. But that is another discussion. Is the new administration for this show run by a bunch of christians? I know that New Dominion Pictures produces many many other shows besides "A Haunting" and I'm not familiar with jesus being mentioned in them but what the hell happened to "A haunting"?! I feel like they're forcing jesus down my throat in almost every episode. Come on! Every time a priest gets called to a haunting. matters only get worse. Christians are performing exorcisms and house blessings based on a religious dogma which is completely bogus and self destructive. They don't help but only worsen the situation. There's already more than enough christianity being forced on people daily. I certainly don't want it in a show which I used to love watching. True, "A Haunting" has always had episodes with priests doing exorcisms but it wasn't every show. Since New Dominion Pictures associated with Destination America took over, it's in every episode. Yes, I'm offended! As a paranormal investigator with years of experience having seen more than my share of actual hauntings and having been involved in exorcisms and house blessings with and for christians as well as pagans, I am offended!

What happened? I really want to know what happened to the show. The realism of the show has been lost and replaced with christian dramatics. Like I said ealier, I used to love the show but I am not watching it again if I have to sit there and listen to people reading from the bible, jesus this and jesus that, crucifixes all over the place and holy water thrown everywhere. It's that infantile understanding of religion that gets alot of people in trouble with regard to hauntings in the first place! You have lost a loyal viewer. I'm sure your ratings will plummet.
  • A HAUNTING IS THE BEST

YES FINALLY ITS BEEN ABOUT A YEAR OR TWO SINCE IVE SEEN NEW EPISODES OF A HAUNTING ..
  • I did not think they would ever bring back the show

I cant believe they made some new shows, hopefully they will keep it up and bring it back, great show
  • A Haunting will return!!!

A haunting will have new episodes, Friday Oct. 12th on Discovery Chanel's sister station, Destination America. I just saw the promo, on tv.
  • Ghost Hunters or GHI is a good show.

BillyEversole A Haunting is still on TV least on Dish Network ch 194 AMERI every day at Noon & some day's it's on more than once but I think TAPS ala Ghost Hunters is the best show & the Worst is one w that Zac guy w his Yettie's & other weird stuff & SO FAKE & Zac is SO annoying I don't get why that show even made it on the air & from what I've noticed is I'm pretty sure he's friends w Grant & Steve & IMO I'd think they would distance themselfs from ppl like Zac who are so full of Bologna at least not be seen w that guy & his Fake Paranormal Show which make me think of Carnival side shows but whatever I'm not watching that show w Zac & ppl can watch TAPS from Amazon I think $1.99 per episode kinda stinks u can't watch it for free & My Fav show was one w Meatloaf when he's asking a question & his radio goes off & freaks him out a total LOL one but a haunting show is bit creepy least the narrator makes it worse I like see when the family's get there space back & there family's the best part for me.
  • whyyyyyyyyyyyy did you cancel a haunting series???????????

hey discovery...what the hell...why did you cancel a haunting series?????? geeeeeeez it was the only show on ghosts that was close to real....the other ones like ghost hunters were not even close to real.... I watch zak bagans ghost show now which is close to real...but your a haunting show was the best....why?????????????? plz tell us u will bring it back
  • The supposed actual victims who narrate between the re-enacting are just actors.

The actual people narrating their experience between the reenactment phases can't be real and must be actors. One woman said she was 9 in 1972. No way was she that old. An elderly woman was speaking of her father, then the father was stating his experience and there wasn't a decade between them. Phony.

• come back!

I love this show; but, how long do I have to wait for more episodes? There are tons of hauntings in the world today, with or without pets! Just come to Louisiana for a day or so and you will have more than you want to check out! Real educational stuff here!

• Ghost Stories told by people and their pets. Reinactments and real footages are shown in this show.

Absolute favorite show! I got into ghost shows so that I can finally get rid of my fear of ghosts, it's slowly working. This show is great because it features how the animals behave and also they show the real footage used by the different paranormal groups while they were investigating. I also like the mix of the dramatization interlinked with the real people that went through this experience.
  • If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been lower.

A Haunting is One Hundered Percent fake from start to finish. This show is so pathetic and terrbilly written it's funny. The expressions and special effects are just sad. It doesn't take an idiot to realize this show is fake. For all of you haunting wannabies: there are no such things as ghosts, only demons. If you think your house is haunted, you're either paranoid, or you're seriously screwed up in the head. None of the episodes are even scary, it seems as if the writers didn't even try. Instead of scaring me, this show just makes me laugh. And I'm sure that's not their intention. If it weren't for the terrible acting the score would have been even lower.
  • One of the creepiest shows on TV...

This has to be one of the creepiest shows still shown on TV. The first time I saw this, a few years ago, I was too scared to get out of bed at night. It's that freaky! Just watching the opening creeps the heck out of me! This is one scary show...

A Haunting retells "true" stories of people being haunted by ghosts. While some episodes are a little pointless, most are really enjoyable and extremely scary! I fell in love with the series from the first episode and I'm sure a lot of other people did too. To sum it up, if you're looking for a good scare, this is the show for you!
  • Abused case in Austin, Texas.

I have heard that a woman got abused by a ghost in Austin, Texas. Yes, she got abused by a basta.. ghost for real.

Of course they have called the priest to chase off the ghost, but 9 month after the incident she got a baby...

I don't know what happened next but I don't wanna know, I thik I'm gonna just go to the church and prey, prey, prey, prey and prey...!

May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !May God help us !
  • This show is wonderful. I wonder why they stopped making new episodes? They need to continue the search for more hauntings.

This is such a fabulous show. So many people have been touched by paranormal activities and hauntings and it needs to continue production. It gives insight and hope to those who may need help with such encounters. I have known people who have encountered activity, including myself. Sometimes people do seek help and understanding. The work done by Ed and Loraine Warren through the years is also an inspiration in itself. I'm sure they have many stories to tell. Maybe Loraine would be willing to contribute some of her experiences for production. This show needs to continue production for people interested in hauntings and paranormal activity, to help people who need interaction.
  • Fantastic renactments of some of the most disturbung hauntings ever recorded in North America. The best series of its kind I have seen. Based on real life events. Simply superb.

Based on real life events, fantastic re-enactments of some of the most disturbung hauntings ever recorded in North America. Presented in a documentary style format. Brilliant production values, well researched,chilling. Well acted and scripted. Have caught myself looking around more than once while watching the series at night.

Use to be on Foxtel's Discovery Channel. Was so impressed with the show I bought Series 1,2 and 3.

Raises serious questions about the after-life, to the doubters and the converted alike. I have never been touched by a haunting but I know plenty of people who have.

The best production of its kind I have ever seen. Simply superb.