A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

A Haunting Fan Reviews (98)

• Same old crap

Stop LITERALLY showing the exact same shows OVER AND OVER AND OVER. My GOD Destination America, you play this shit all day and it's the same 4 episodes on repeat.
  • There can't be this many demons

I've watched this program since the beginning in 2005. I agree with the opinion "Same stuff different episode". I do believe demons do exist but they are not that common. Lately, this has become the focus of the show. After watching last night's episode, (Season 8-episode 10) "Vision of Terror" I noticed the young girl, 10 year old Bryn looked very familiar. She was the target of a demon. Have a look at Season 7-episode 7 "Child's Play" where 9 year old Brittany is also a demon target. They are both the same child, only Bryn doesn't use the Southern drawl. I understand using the same actors/actresses for reenactments. Aren't the purported actual witnesses that are interviewed supposed to be authentic? It's disappointing because the earlier seasons actually featured renowned psychics like Amy Allen and Bob and Lorraine Warren. Now they have "Johnny, The Cleaner" and other people I've never heard of. In my opinion, this program has gone downhill and the producers must think the viewers are daft.
  • Same stuff different episode

So far the new season is terrible! Same story over and over and over. What happened to the good old ghost stories you used to show, now it's all about demons. I really hate it and am considering not watching the show anymore. family moves into home, family starts having issues, someone get's scratched, in threes, family calls paranormal team in, paranormal team "cleanses" the house, it's quiet for a few days, even though everything seemed "lighter" and "brighter" the entity comes back, so they call back the same paranormal team ( who obviously failed the first time ) who brings a priest or other clergy or some self proclaimed Demonologist who does another cleansing ( always with sage ) the camera shakes the wind blows the background music becomes so loud you can't even hear the actors yadda yadda. every freaking episode!!!
  • New season finally 2016!

I am a long time fan of the show. I like that religion is not masked or left out of the show in an attempt to appease the non-believers. It's fine that you have no faith but don't expect the realities of fighting evil to be toned down for political correctness. That's half the problem with this country, someone is always offended. The truth is to fight evil, faith is required. It doesn't have to be Christianity but since there are millions of Christians world wide, you should not be surprised that the faith of those being haunted is Christian. I personally feel badly for those they depict on the show whose children have never been baptized or who have no faith. To rid themselves of evil near impossible without Christ. It's just truth sorry if it offends, don't watch the show then.

As for the new season 2016, it's pretty good but the drama seems amped up, and the special effects seem to make it less real. I guess what was left to the imagination from afar was more realistic. For me anyway. Besides that, so happy the show is back from hiatus!
  • demons and casper same yet different

its a great show like grandma's bedtime stories, yes don't dabble with the dark side ,being a muslim its part of our faith to believe in jin(ghosts) there is a whole chapter in the holy quran ,that doesn't necessarily mean that i don't beleive that torah or bible's ability to defeat dark demons (disciples of satan) is any much lesser after all even with human editing of those two holy books word of god still is in them both as well along with human made up philosophy over time , so here is what muslims beleive, it is no human spirits stick arnd the earth to roam it for eternity only ones around are jinns and the devil was of the jinns (not a fallen angel) but he was granted rank and equality with angels for being pious and prayfull to the almighty untill god made adam and ordered all the angels and satan to bow before adam as he is the best of gods creation every angel bowed as angels don't have free will but jinn like men have free will he did not bow due to his pride as being better then humans long story short he was banished from the ranks of angels , satan devil can not be at all places at once so he has disciples(from jinns ghosts) who go arnd misleading misdireting mankind ,so the bottom line is there are no human spirits arnd only jinns immitating human shape to manipulate emotions, now jinns can be good or bad (demonic), jinns have religions as well they live they die they reproduce ,anyhow a great show love it
  • Christianity worked in my real life situation

This show highlights very real truths concerning spiritual warfare. How much creative license the producers and writers take doesn't diminish this fact. It's a simple equation: dabble in things that are not of God, it attracts and gives foul spirits a right to dwell there. For example, causing one spiritual blindness (denying Christ) to all out possession. For maximum protection and authority to cast them out, do it in the name of Jesus. I've had numerous paranormal experiences in my place. I got fed up, grabbed my blessed oil, and commanded them to leave in the name of Jesus. Whatever it was booked out of my place, knocking something over in my kitchen on the way out. To those who are offended at the references to Christianity being used, your offense is an indication that you need to get a better understanding of the Living God yourself. Team Jesus always win, no matter how arduous or futile a situation appears. These situations are mere battles that are often won. However, that war is already won hands down.

Thou believes that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and James 2:19

And whenever the unclean spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God" - Mark 3:11
  • Playing repeat episodes & calling them NEW

I love this show when I'm in the mood for cheesy horror. I am actually a big enough fan that I can notice when they play a repeat episode and try to pass it off as a New episode and that makes me like the show less. The most recent "Demonic Activity" episode played 9/6/15 was originally played under the title "Portal of Doom" in Dec 2014. I had to look all that up. I was bothered enough to look it up. That's all. Get it together A Haunting people. You think no one is going to notice you are lazy?
  • Show footage of evidence

I believe in paranormal activities so naturally I was drawn to the show and I do enjoy it. As a TV person myself I do think the show lacks authenticity by your inability to show actual footage of evidence gathered by investigators . While the aim of the show is to prove to people that paranormal activities do occur, I would appreciate it more if hard evidence recorded during incidents could be shown to viewers. Some skeptics might also be convinced in the process.

Okay I'm actually a fan of this show which shows a lot of good details but the episode "conjuring evil" keeps talking about the girls just doing "witch craft" well that's not what witchcraft is. It gives off false information as to what people who do witchcraft more like satanic rituals.
  • Very dissapointed in a made-up episode....

As many others have stated they have loved this show, until after so many questions. I too had to question an episode that was in fact faked. We live pretty close to this place and drove there and talked to the sons father. I'll leave it at that...

Come to find out this particular episode was all made up, but the producers of the show believed this woman.
  • Suggestion to the producers of this show

How is it that the people being interviewed are real but I can not find a single way to apply for the show?

I bet the show would get more views with real stories from real people. Some true tales are actually a lot more frightening than what the imagination can make up because it's realistic
  • were is the proff

they have tons of storys with no proff> were is video footage? were is anything but these crazy people talking about something that is impossible? ok one show features horses moving around in the stals by themselves? they rigged all sorts of stuff EXCEPT VIDEO?? LIKE ALL THE SHOWS!! THEY STATED THEY EVEN CALLED THE COPS. However the cops stayed outside the entire night not bothering doing a investagation on the inside were things were suppose too happen?? come on? really? The people on this show are really mentally unstable? its a sci fi show not actual accounts. If it was then SURPRISE?? THEY WOULD HAVE FOOTAGE? people if yoiu actually believe horses and move from a stall too another without moving a door or locks? your delusional? so too the people who make this show please please don't allow people too acutally believe this stuff. put for entertainment only? for those of you saying its real show me real footage? if your house is haunted? show me a real video. I mean if your in such distress from a haunting you should be able too video tape it even with a laptop or phone? god people are so naive they actually believe story telling
  • My house is haunted how do I get on?

I live in slate creek in Grundy VA. and our house is very haunted and we have had 2 different paranormal

groups come as well as the house blessed by priest 2 times and the grave yard behind our house consecrated the grave yard as well. We have had many mediums here as well... Seen in the paper today that 2 other homes on my street are going to air soon.....
  • Like This Show

I like this show, and while other religions can be used to have protection from spirits or demons, I see nothing wrong with the show promoting the use of Christianity to provide protection of the people having the experiences they are. I've had experiences from time to time, and when I use the expression "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus", it works to bring me peace. I've read demons tremble at the name of Jesus, because they know who He is.

I believe the majority of stories on the show, but think some are elaborated on just a bit to make them more exciting. Someone in an earlier post said demons are not real, but yes they are very real. The person that said they are not is more vulnerable to their attack because they don't practice protection from them. Demons know these people are weak and take advantage of that. It is not brought out in the show, but I suspect some people having a lot of these experiences with spirits and or demons are either dabbling in the occult or saying these things don't exist. After all, at the beginning of the show the guy says "when doors are opened, nightmares begin".
  • Any belief system will work!

I think the main thing with evil is that fear always feeds it. Evil picks on the unknowing, the weak. Once one really believes they have a charge. Get mad. Use YOUR belief system to cast the damn thing out. It works. YOU have that power unless you surrender it ...... YOU have the power to fix your own problems. Use YOUR religion whatever it is. I tell is God is God. Religion is man is imperfect and dangerous. It causes wars. People kill in the name of religion all over the world. God on the other hand is universal good. He does not kill or destroy. Use your head.
  • easily a Christian propaganda show

This show is clearly meant to slam all other faiths or those that are Atheist.

I for one am a Male witch and even I know there is no such things a black or white magik as it is the heart of the castor that makes it good or evil.

there was a episode where the woman's mother was a 'black' magik user and that she had a 'pentagram' tattooed on her body.

they don't even do their research on it. the image used was a pentacle as there is a difference in the meaning.

also it was clear that the paranormal group nor the show producers didn't even bother trying to get the mother's side of the story. the woman in the story clearly hated her mother for leaving her and would blame her if a fly landed in her drink or why poop is brown.

and like other posters stated before the exorcism wouldn't work if the entity is not scared of the Christian god.

The better show would be The Dead Files as Amy clearly states in many of her shows that no one religion would work for everything. such as native American curses could only be lifted by one of their own.

sadly I can only give this show a 1 instead of a negative rating.

• Lets be clear

First, I am a devout Christian who has studied witchcraft, mysticism, and folklore for most of my life. Its some pretty cool stuff, and i don't have anything against anyone's religion except blatant Satanism and Scientology. Those suck balls. I used to love this show despite the fact that it clearly spruced things up for effect. If you compared what was described by the people to what was shown you would see a few inaccuracies but that was no big deal since i watched for entertainment. But this show has gone down the shitter. I depicts children as inept cowards even when there into their twenties and their depictions of a lot of their shit is woefully inaccurate. I fully believe in the power of God, but a lot of the things done on here are of questionable validity. Personally, i have practiced magic even while being Christian, but then i stopped because it actually did create problems i my life. I honestly think it worked at least to some degree because anytime i ever chanted to find something i did. That being said, i stopped my practice and reaffirmed my faith in the Lord and his teachings. I dislike this show because it is an unrealistic depiction of human behavior,it has shown Catholic prayer working in Atheistic or Agnostic families, and uses testimony, often from alleged psychics, that is clearly made up to any observer. I did enjoy this show and i don't have a problem with most religions, but even we Christians who acknowledge the might of the Lord must recognize that this show is crap on a cracker and blatant couldn't finish any of the new episodes because they were so terrible. They make vague references to gods demons and spirits but only in loose terms that don't further viewers knowledge of the subject matter.
  • Biased. One-Sided. Accounts Possibly Twisted. Non-Christians (especially Pagan Spiritual groups) are Labeled as the "Perpetrators" of the "Real Evil in America"

I am a Pagan and unlike many Christianists, I study my philosophical interests thoroughly, and I research the whole spirit world with a consciousness-based approach.

I've been watching this show, and it had a few paranormalists from other religions but the more episodes I watched, especially now after seeing a part of the "Curse of the Mummy" episode, I have lost my faith in the reality of this show. I seriously study Ancient Egyptian Spirituality (Kemeticism), and I was waiting for them to name that "volatile and aggressive Egyptian god" with whom that priestess supposedly was dealing in that episode so I could conclude once and for all whether I wanted to keep tuning into this show or not, but the more I gave it thought as the episode perhaps got a quarter of the way through (still not being too straightforward about identifying or describing that god), the more I concluded this is Judeo-Christian propaganda. And that's too far beneath me intellectually. Not that the real Jesus hates, but God save me from some of these groups that claim to be your followers who for some reason choose to exploit that one specific poor avatar of yours just to degrade their own mortal enemies! I can see how the Christ is easier to exploit though than the Buddha just because of the crucifixion story getting warped whereas the Buddha spent more time and energy conducting academic research under the Bodhi tree so his account on ascension is more thorough and harder for martyrists to twist than that quick crucifixion account that churchpeople half listen to on Sundays when they're only attending for social appearances anyway. If it wasn't for the Councils of Nicea during the Byzantine Reign, Christianity would not be as racist and corrupt as it has come to be today. The Councils of Nicea basically had an "official" voting session and compiled the Christian Bible based on what manuscripts they approved. They declared Gnostic prophets like Thomas "heretics" of their cult.

As an experienced researcher of Metaphysics, Philosophy, Wicca, Paganism, World Religion, Mysticism, and Witchcraft subjects, I happen to know that while a Catholic priest using Jesus in exorcisms is ONLY practical IF that negative entity is afraid of Jesus, thus able to be existentially affected by the Jesus entity. Our existence is really conceived by a conscious or else unconscious experience. If the entity does not believe in nor fear this Jesus patron, the worst it could become is annoyed, like when anti-Gay evangelists stand on the street ranting vile and offensive things against LGBTQ people. Thus the annoyances from the ignorant clergy types intensifies the haunting situations.

The religious people can't seem to comprehend reality beyond so-called Denominational Judeo-Christianity (Christianism), so they make up fictitious biases and no wonder these stories are showing as very obviously one-sided pro-Christianistic.

I finally stopped watching in the middle of that Anti-Kemeticism episode as I grew too disgusted by the philosophical ignorance present. If you're of any other religion or faith besides Christianity, prepare to have your people and your cultural dignity bashed by this show, as clearly this show holds most if not all non-Christianist groups (especially Wiccans) as responsible for all the evil energies in America... Yes, "In America, there is Real Evil, between the things we see and the things we fear, there are doors" and when those doors are opened, the things we feared were really no big thing because when Gays can get married and when the KKK can no longer legally bash people, the only things left to fear are the faces of the enemies themselves who resisted the change. The evil in this show only emerges from the very dysfunctional "church-feuding" hypocrites who are constantly pointing their fingers at others (the haters against marriage equality, the KKK, the political crusaders), while returning to their households where their family life is among some of the most dysfunctional imaginable.

When it comes to the spirit world and things not given instructions for in their bible, the pastored religious people remain uneducated in Spiritualism comparative to total drunks emerging from redneck bars slurring and trying to do what they call "math" from the perspective of a totally sober academic urbanite. Doors otherwise that get opened revealing any negative entities (not particularly caused by the Christianist Dysfunction) were in this case opened by Nature just as a more random and unfortunate event of the changing tides at a less-than-suited time and place; they require Universal Exorcists IF the spirits even happen to be evil if they really want to have guaranteed success in most cases. The only paranormal powers Christianists have is not universal and it can be compared to a physical plane dictator easily and capably controlling his/her own dictatorship with harsh cruel merciless authority, scaring the war criminals into submission, but being powerless in other countries that don't affiliate with that dictator. Christianistic Magick only works in the Christianist Matrix. Do not mistake Christianism the cult for Christianity the religion. Christianity follows the general principle of love taught by Jesus, while Christianism is always making holy war.

And that's my honest, conscious review of this show . . .

I see many others seem to have spotted the bias in this show as well. My sincere regards for them. I do not recommend this show for any group of people who are non-Christian, and if you still persist to watch it: Be warned of this show's potentially offensive content towards most ethnicities.
  • stop drawing pentagrams all over everything!" (Black Magic episode)

OMG if I ever have to say that to anyone, especially my son, a hunting would be the least of my worries!I would be more concerned that my mother was actually my sister and I was surrounded by trailer homes. Dad is in no position to judge. I know that goatee is popular with the guys at the KKK funhouse, but truth is you are just to lazy to shave aren't you? Either that or you grew it out to catch the food that falls out of your mouth to eat later. My theory is that dad and his buddies are having a competition to see how fat, ugly and ignorant they have to get before women stop making their babies. And what's with the kitten sacrifice? Again, a haunting would be the least of my worries here. You don't need a priest, you need some Haldol in that house!

The only thing funnier than this show is watching its fans competing for who is the best Christian.
  • A haunting is the best, original and excellent narration make this a constant winner.

this is the original go show and I still love it after seven seasons
  • A Haunting more like a bold faced lie

I use to like this show. But the more I watched it was too one sided. It poorly portrays belief systems other than Christianity. I actually watched one episode that didn't. Then the trend continued. It's such a shame this show was geared toward playing into the stereo types that make us shake our head in disgust.

Also, this show loves profiling Ed, and Lorraine Warren. Which if you've done any research you find that it's a good thing Ed is no longer on this Earth to deceive, and betray confidentiality of those people he, and his wife Lorraine played for fools. Real researchers do not cash in for Hollywood. Lorraine is the only one left, and she's just as big of a charlatan as Ed if not more so because Ed's no longer there to coach her.

Do not swallow everything you see on "A Haunting" because its ratings. It's fiction not fact. I tried watching a new episode and it was the same bias that existed as before. If you're gonna portray people who practice my religion as obsessed people who use other people's items such as a piece of hair in a love spell think again.

We do not interfere in other people's free will. Nor do we open doors to send hauntings to their houses. People are sick, and get obsesssed as well as other things but exploring a different religion is not one of them.

An harm none do as ye will. That's the Wiccan rede. Since that episode the show has been pulled but reruns persist. I'm happy that "A Haunting" will no longer play into negative stereotypes or push its bias on the rest of us.

I have friends who are in every religion possible. There's no reason to enjoy A Haunting unless it's just another fictional account.

"Based on true events" doesn't mean it's true. What it really means is made up for dramatic, and theatrical affect. Unless the book is non fiction, in which case still go do your research.
  • PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!

hello im writing for help or relief or what u like to call it. I live with my grandma in a home about 100 years old or so we cant sleep good at night we are disturbingly wakened. upstairs loud noises doors slamming thing being thrown I cant take this house anymore if this show comes out I would be so happy to find out whats really here. please contact me at I really appreciate if some one can investigate.
  • what is going on

I'm reading comments slamming down Christian views on this show and its really ridiculous. It is not the only religion I've seen these families go to for these type of hauntings. Are most of them going to God for guidance, yes probably because there are a lot of Christians out there who go through paranormal experiences, like myself. But this show is not jamming that belief down your throat. Its saying that this is what worked for them. But I've seen Native American Shaman, Paranormal Investigators, Mediums and Wiccan ceremonies on this show battling whatever haunting was going on. In most cases the families just leave because nothing worked for them, including going to God. Whether this show is real or fake, what haunts us all isn't and if people want to go to whatever belief system they have, who are we to judge? Everyone here is slamming us Christians down thinking its the only religion showed when its not the truth. There just happens to be a lot more people who believe in God sharing their stories than the rest of you care about. Believe or don't believe but don't slam my religion down simply because you don't have the same one or any religion at all. Watch or don't watch, either way those of us who believe in God and are Christians aren't going anywhere so get over it.
  • love paranormal shows

I love watching shows of the paranormal. Its actually all i care to watch. Which i guess is a bad thing because all im watching now are repeats OVER AND OVER AND OVER.. im really bummed about it. Fake or not my attention. Well will again if wecould get something new.

Get on it.. i know there are storys out there .. enough to air different ones vs. Repeats ..
  • @ there is Evil There is his nemesis GOD!

Where there is Evil There is his nemesis GOD! if you call this Christian propaganda then I feel sorry for can not have good without bad, Demonic without Angelic, Devil without God!!! So of course all of this is religiously based, whether it be Jew, Christian or Muslim or any faith!!!! Each one has its means to banish demonic and evil you Dont like it, then Dont Watch!!! This is real to us in our faiths and we have the means to fight evil.........
  • Christian Propaganda

I used to love this show for the idea of the paranormal but I just can't enjoy it any more because of the blatant christian propaganda flooding every episode. Shame on every one involved in this steaming pile of garbage. If your a christian who believes in ghosts or "Demons" as they love to call them, you'll probably enjoy this show. If your any other religion or belief system this show does not care about you.
  • Not impressed

I use to do paranormal investigations, I was the tech manager for a couple teams that I was with. So after doing it for several years I find my self unimpressed with this show. Every episode promotes god where god is the only answer & every spirit is a demon. Poppy cock, every belief system has their own way of dealing with spirits, the christian faith isn't the ONLY one that knows how to deal with such matters. Thou you'd never know that by watching the show. I discovered while actually investigating supposed haunted locations that the christian clients ALWAYS claimed to have a demon, which never turned out to be the case. The show is a fars, targeting the christian population while ignoring all other belief systems. I'd rather turn off the tv than watch that show. If I could give a 0 I would, but 1 is the lowest rating I could give.
  • big fan

I absolutely love this show.. but im kinda of upset to hear that some of the episodes are not true :( I really love the paranormal well the idea of it.. but I hope this show isnt fake
  • It's neat!

I got into this show back when it was new on the Discovery channel, last year when they announced new episodes I thought it was cool. It's certainly different than the last episodes but it's all the same in the end. I've noticed that no new episodes are being produced after 10/20, didn't the season just start? Where is episode 55?
  • Great show!

Disbelievers, be ready to be proven wrong because this show brings out the worst entities you'll ever see! Sure they change a few details here and there but that's to respect the victims and 100% proves the stories are real. I may not believe in things like ouija boards but this show is great to watch.