A Haunting

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Dec 09, 2005 Between Seasons

gabfan31

A Haunting Fan Reviews (72)

• Can't stand the new format for "A haunting"

I've watched and enjoyed the show for years and was looking forward to the new episodes. I can't stand the new episodes! First, to makes things clear, "A Haunting" is under new direction; namely New Dominion Pictures for Destination America. In general the plots have changed quite a bit. Almost every new episode is talking about jesus jesus jesus. I'm sick of it! As if the christians have all the answers. Ok, as a sidebar, Christianity is the most hypocritical of all the major religions. But that is another discussion. Is the new administration for this show run by a bunch of christians? I know that New Dominion Pictures produces many many other shows besides "A Haunting" and I'm not familiar with jesus being mentioned in them but what the hell happened to "A haunting"?! I feel like they're forcing jesus down my throat in almost every episode. Come on! Every time a priest gets called to a haunting. matters only get worse. Christians are performing exorcisms and house blessings based on a religious dogma which is completely bogus and self destructive. They don't help but only worsen the situation. There's already more than enough christianity being forced on people daily. I certainly don't want it in a show which I used to love watching. True, "A Haunting" has always had episodes with priests doing exorcisms but it wasn't every show. Since New Dominion Pictures associated with Destination America took over, it's in every episode. Yes, I'm offended! As a paranormal investigator with years of experience having seen more than my share of actual hauntings and having been involved in exorcisms and house blessings with and for christians as well as pagans, I am offended!

What happened? I really want to know what happened to the show. The realism of the show has been lost and replaced with christian dramatics. Like I said ealier, I used to love the show but I am not watching it again if I have to sit there and listen to people reading from the bible, jesus this and jesus that, crucifixes all over the place and holy water thrown everywhere. It's that infantile understanding of religion that gets alot of people in trouble with regard to hauntings in the first place! You have lost a loyal viewer. I'm sure your ratings will plummet.