A Haunting

Spellbound

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 28, 2007 on Discovery Channel

5.8
  • obviously someones ATTEMPT at writing

2.9
    really bad, as a practitioner of Wicca, the episode is poorly researched, badly written and totally stupid. The person was NOT Wiccan she was a fluffy bunny practitioner that thought she was cool. she had NO concept of the religion. Wicca is a nature based POSITIVE religion, and was NOT the cause of her misfortune, however if she used divination tools without proper shielding and safety she could open a door she cant close. People shouldnt dabble in things they know nothing about, and writers shouldnt write about things they obviously DONT research. My 12 year old daughter thought this the most goofy piece of fluff ever, and stated that she could write it better.
    )0( Brightest Blessings Jen
  • About wicca.

Wicca cannot be used and has not been used to harm others. Only practicing it and not paying attention to any of your family members is wrong. Wicca shouldn't be used against to harm anyone. If you shall bring a spirit back, it should be the good for all. So the ones who had brought that spirit back saposedly practicing "witchcraft" wasn't actually practicing it. They weren't wiccan at all, they were more of satanists. The spirits that wiccans contact shall never harm no one along with any spells you send out. I am wiccan myself I have been for over 10 years. There is a rule for ones who practice wicca. It's called the Rule of Three. Meaning what ever you send out always comes back to you three fold. Basicly what goes around comes around, but three times. The Rule of Three states "An ye harm none do what ye will." Wicca is NOT the occult. It's a peaceful earth based religion using magick. But once again, as stated a few other times, that it shall NOT be used to harm others. You should read more about Wicca before practicing it or judging ones who do.
  • A woman finds solace in the Earth-centered religion of Wicca and her son is too ignorant to support her decision.

1.3
    This episode makes a mockery of Wicca. Earth-centered religions do not automatically summon demons or negative spirits. It appeared as if the point of this episode is to be afraid and wary of Wicca and other pagan traditions. This is incorrect and offensive to those who follow pagan traditions.

Also, the picture in the son's room being referred to as the Devil is extremely offensive. The picture is of the Horned God and of the Goddess, the major Deities in Wicca. Those who write this shows need to do their research before airing and have those who make commentary during the show understand exactly what they are talking about.
  • woman PLAYS with magic, not knowing what she is doing and in turn drives her son crazy.

what a disgusting portrayal of pagans. I understand that the people involved may have learned their lessons and blah blah blah, but this episode is very biased. This woman had NO IDEA what she was doing, and there is no mention of that in the episode at all. its just "oooohhh wicca is scary and its all about the devil! Stay away, be very scared! Go to church!" While I am not Wiccan, Wicca is a beautiful religion to those that practice it. It is earth based, and a very peaceful and loving religion in which the intention is to never cause harm.

If this lady was calling up "demons" then she was no wiccan. Also she was practicing SELFISH magic, and that is not what wiccans do.

point is this episode really really irrtated me.
    Just disgusting.
  • A mother dabbles in the Occult.

A mother with a young son marries and moves into a new house in Ohio in 1967 She finds by accident a cornerstone of an old school house where the school master died. She begins to delve into the occult because it's always fascinated her. Soon she hears footsteps and so does her son. The first time she hears it she hears her name called. Her new husband is not happy that she is studying the occult and keeps asking her not to do so. But she doesn't listen. One afternoon she asks her son to gets some food for a barbeque and he sees a chair rattling and a the cushion depress as if someone just sat on it. I would be so out of there!

After several years the mother breaks up with the husband and moves back to Texas where she is from. The house she rents has a pentagram on the floor. She begins dabbling again in the occult as her son grows up and joins the Air Force. When he returns home 7 years later his mother has completely transformed. She claims to be a witch. The first night he's home he is attacked by orbs of light - sprites - and a hooded figure that looks like his mom materializes and tells the sprites to kill him. He breaks off contact with his mother after she refuses to stop practicing Wicca. He thinks she invited something evil in back in their Ohio home and it's followed them to this house. How right he was is scary!
  • Mother gets into witch craft,son tells her somethings wrong mother blows it off.The guy that played the son did a great job,but the mother was awful.This actress ruined the whole show and I lost intrest with it because of her.

6.3
    This episode would of been alot better if someone else played the mother. This woman was a terrible actress,she couldn't act. Like most of these shows when a family member tells a parent that something is wrong they are blow off and given a lame answer. If my child came to me and told me this on top of other behavior of being scared hearing voices and seeing ghost,I would listen to her.This would be behavior that she had never shown before why start now.It is like they do not have faith in there own children and think there liars and making things up.