A Haunting

Stalked by Evil

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 19, 2007 on Discovery Channel

• The story was decent, but the acting was atrocious!

5.5

The story was fine, nothing out of the ordinary, but not utterly boring. But the story got absolutely no help from the actors, particularly the mother and father of the family. The mother was completely wooden, no expression in the face or voice beyond "Oh, my goodness gracious", not the spunky Texan the real woman was. The father was totally unbelievable, as well. The actress who played the paranormal investigator was fine until she was being "attacked", and then lost all credibility. I'm not sure if the overacting was her, or the script, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. The others were decent, but not above the average of the show. All in all, it was weak enough of an episode to move me to review it, something I don't generally do. I'm not sure of the criteria used by the reviewer who gave it a 10 (besides the hotness of one of the teenaged actresses, which isn't something I give points for, and the make-up job done on the ghost, which I felt was merely adequate), but he obviously saw things about the acting and the story that I truly didn't.

• Better than a many of the other episodes.

I liked this particular episode more than any of the others that I have seen. I thought that the ghost had a very frightening soldier look to him. The part where the ghost walked out into the living room where Judy and Caressa could see him and then he faded through the wall was the freakiest part of the episode, I thought at least. I can't even imagine what it must've been like to have to go through all of those incidents with the hauntings. Other than all of that, the actual Caressa(not the girl that acted as her)is HOT! ^-^