A Haunting

Stalked by Evil

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 19, 2007 on Discovery Channel

• The story was decent, but the acting was atrocious!

5.5

The story was fine, nothing out of the ordinary, but not utterly boring. But the story got absolutely no help from the actors, particularly the mother and father of the family. The mother was completely wooden, no expression in the face or voice beyond "Oh, my goodness gracious", not the spunky Texan the real woman was. The father was totally unbelievable, as well. The actress who played the paranormal investigator was fine until she was being "attacked", and then lost all credibility. I'm not sure if the overacting was her, or the script, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. The others were decent, but not above the average of the show. All in all, it was weak enough of an episode to move me to review it, something I don't generally do. I'm not sure of the criteria used by the reviewer who gave it a 10 (besides the hotness of one of the teenaged actresses, which isn't something I give points for, and the make-up job done on the ghost, which I felt was merely adequate), but he obviously saw things about the acting and the story that I truly didn't.