A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

ABC (ended 1991)

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

7.9
  • Velma said jinkies, it must be a clue!

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. What can I say about this cartoon? First off, what I like about the cartoon is how it is interesting to see the "Mystery, Inc." kids as somewhat young children, solving mysteries and other weird goings on as the "Scooby-Doo Detective Agency".

Another thing that I enjoy about the show is how much of a spoiled brat Daphine was in the various episodes. Whenever something didn't suit her in the progress of the gang's investigating of a mystery, she always called for Jenkins to fix it, something that always put a smile on my face.

One more thing that always made me laugh was how dense Freddy always is and how he always accused Red Herring of commiting every crime they investigated, even when he didn't do anything wrong. One thing that I found humorous about this gag was how the only time that Red was actually guilty was the only time that Freddy couldn't accuse him, as per his agreements between his friends and with Red himself.

In all, I find A Pup Named Scooby-Doo to be very entertaining, and even as I get older, I always enjoy watching this spunky little puppy and his friends solve mysteries.
  • A pup named Scooby-Doo solves mysterys in Coolsville.

The show isn't bad, but it's not very good either. Around the same time, almost every classic cartoon characters were turned by the producers into babies, kids or teenaagers.
    Scooby-Doo was also turned into his kid version or rather pup version, alongside his friends.
    The concept for the show is the same as almost all the other Scooby series. They solve a mystery, catch a thief and unmask him. And that's about it.
  • I loved this show.

This show was way more entertaining & more funnier than the original Scooby Doo show. I loved to watch it becaus ethe humor was more funnier & the animation was also different and new to me. They look better as kids & a pup. The original was ok but this show is just better.
  • Not as good as the original, but this is an okay Scooby-Doo series.

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is basically the Mystery Inc. gang as kids solving cases.The plot has been done before, but since this is a spin-off of the original, I guess the plot's okay. The mysteries weren't as mysterious as in the original, but they were okay, too. This show had a lot of laughs in it, but I think it should've focused less on comedy. The mysteries were easier to solve here, and it didn't take much thought to figure it out. Okay plot, mysteries, great comedy, and okay character development, I think.
    7.5/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • This TV show is about mystery ink. as little kids. It is very funny just like all the other Scooby-Doo seasons are. If you like Scooby-Doo like me this is the show for you and your family. I got a Pup Named Scooby-Doo Volumes 1 2 and I love them

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is a great way to learn how the gang first learned how to solve mysteries. They were just as meddling as they are in the new scooby-doo episodes.I really enjoy this series for the humor. This is one of the best Scooby-Doo seasons ever made from my point of view.
  • The kiddie version of the original.

This is obviously Scooby Doo as kids. Everyone is around 10. Because of that, the adventures are adjusted to that. There are also different recurring characters such as Red Herring. This is definitely a show to watch if you like the old Nickelodeon cartoon from the 90s such as "Angry Beavers" and
    Rocko's Modern Life".
  • "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" has the same concept, only with younger, more cartoon-like characters.

6.6
    There's not alot of differences between the original Scobby-Doo and "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo", but the main reason, however, is that the characters are in their 10s. I somewhat like this change, but I still despise the repetitive line, "If it weren't for you kids and your stupid dog."

"A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" is sure to please children fans of the original. However, adult fanatics should avoid this show as it has a less mature sense of humor and jokes that only appeal to the little ones. It's the same plot and crap, but for some reasons, it's not the same.

"A Pup Named Scooby-Doo"'s characters, ranging from the gang to the villians, are more than enough of a bad cast. The mosters in the original "Scooby-Doo" could frighten kids while the mosters in "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" were created to be cuter and more attractive. I hate it.

This show never lived up to its original. Scooby-Doo may look cuter in this show, but I find the show itself to be uninteresting.
  • I'm glad this show is gone,and hopefully,never returns!

0.3
    The gang was in the furtureistic times.They did not have computers when they were teens,but when they are children!?Also,this show had the type of lousy humor technique!such as the eye-popping out of the head trick.And the super speed jet-off trick.Over all,this show was the worst!Also,that lame female voice going :"Scooby,Dooby,Doo,Sco-ba-by-doo,by,do,by,doo.Sco-ba-by-doo." in the backround.I'm glad this show is trashed!
  • This show destroyed the orginal 'Scooby-Doo'!

This show was good, but very childish. I loved 'Scooby-Doo'! but this is not as good as 'Scooby-Doo'!

Scooby is more funnier, stupider and more likeable. This is just childish because of the cheesy monsters, easy solving and boring action!

This show was okay, but not the best! Pup Scooby and Scooby don't match up. (even though I still watch this show)
  • Great physical exagerations,great play on all the characters of the origional cartoon, cute mysteries, Red Herring, and best of all YOU can help them solve the crime!!!

Yes folks we have a very entertaining cartoon here!! It is a personal favorite, with physical exagerations, probably adopted from Tex Avery,
    but are still very enjoyably placed to where you feel like it is unique to this cartoon! Clever writting, The origional voices of Casey Kasem,
    and Don Messick for Shaggy and Scooby help bring dramatic realism to the cartoon!! Well O.K.,
    that may be a little much, but it is very cool!
    WATCH THIS CARTOON!! I think it might be a favorite of you'res too!
  • Perhaps the Best Scooby Doo Show Ever! Can't wait until the series is on DVD.

This is my favorite Scooby Doo Cartoon and my second favorite overall cartoon.

The show follows the lives of Norville "Shaggy" Rodgers and his friends, Freddy Jones, Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, and of course Shaggy's dog, a pup named Scooby Doo! Together they're "The Scooby Doo Detective Agency"

In each episode, the gang trys to solve a new mystery with a new moster. The show had a three season run and lasted from 1988 to 1990. It was the last Scooby Doo Series until What's New Scooby Doo? aired just a few years ago. Even after it ended it still aired reruns on Cartoon Network up until 2005. Fans of this show can still catch it occasionally on Boomerang and it is also coming out on DVD.

My Rating:
    9.0 - Superb

Favorite Episode: "Dog Gone Scooby"
    Favorite Character: Scooby Doo

My Thoughts:

I think this show was really good. It didn't have many bad episodes. The whole Red thing got a little old after a while, and I didn't really like the Commander Cool and Mellow Mutt episodes.
  • I love A Pup Named Scooby Doo!

I love it when it is about when Scooby Doo was a puppy and the gang were kids. It is all aobut how they started out as detectives and how they ended being who they are now. This is really classic and one of the better Scooby Doo cartoons even though they are great.
  • This shows Scooby and the gang as kids and how they started out sloving mysteries.

This is aobut when Scooby Doo was a puppy and the gnag were kids. It is all aobut how they staretd otu as detectives and how they ended being who they are now. This is really classic and one of the better Scooby Doo cartoons even though they are great.
  • Why it was Scooby Doo and the gang as kids! This was a refreshing spin off of Scooby Doo compared to the same thing with a differen't title.

7.7
    This was a show about Scooby and the gang taking on mystrys as children. It was a great show in my opinion at least in scooby doo standerds because instead of just recreating more scooby doo with a different title it changed the formula up a bit and it was really refreshing. I only know about this show thanks to cartoon network and my older sister who grew up watching it and it's a great addition to the scooby family.
  • Really Nice ideia, and show.

This show is in my opinion one fo the best Scooby-Doo serie, really funny and interesting, the mysteries can really be solve by someone who watch this, different from many other Scooby-Doo shows.

The ideia was something that in that year, was a good one, but today i think that this show wouldn't be the sucess that it was.
  • This show is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

7.9
    A Pup Named Scooby Doo is a funny show. I like the way that its taking the whole gang back to when they were kids. I really like how Velma is the person who solves the mystery mostly on her own, unlike the previous cartoons. The way is hilarious! Fred is always accusing red Herring as the culprit, which I think is funny since he never is/was, except once. I think is very good and I recomend it to you if you watch the previous cartoons.
  • It wasen't the best thing of sccoby-doo.

5.6
    Not too bright. The fantastic four was better than this. A few episodes are decent. It's rare for me that I would fall in lovve wit the episode. I can safelly say, this is my least favorite show yet. The first episode was the best in the series. Kinda' recamended. Go ahead and watch it. If ya' want.
1 2 >