A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

ABC (ended 1991)

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo Fan Reviews (47)

7.9
  • It wasen't the best thing of sccoby-doo.

5.6
    Not too bright. The fantastic four was better than this. A few episodes are decent. It's rare for me that I would fall in lovve wit the episode. I can safelly say, this is my least favorite show yet. The first episode was the best in the series. Kinda' recamended. Go ahead and watch it. If ya' want.
  • This show is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

7.9
    A Pup Named Scooby Doo is a funny show. I like the way that its taking the whole gang back to when they were kids. I really like how Velma is the person who solves the mystery mostly on her own, unlike the previous cartoons. The way is hilarious! Fred is always accusing red Herring as the culprit, which I think is funny since he never is/was, except once. I think is very good and I recomend it to you if you watch the previous cartoons.
  • Really Nice ideia, and show.

This show is in my opinion one fo the best Scooby-Doo serie, really funny and interesting, the mysteries can really be solve by someone who watch this, different from many other Scooby-Doo shows.

The ideia was something that in that year, was a good one, but today i think that this show wouldn't be the sucess that it was.
  • Why it was Scooby Doo and the gang as kids! This was a refreshing spin off of Scooby Doo compared to the same thing with a differen't title.

7.7
    This was a show about Scooby and the gang taking on mystrys as children. It was a great show in my opinion at least in scooby doo standerds because instead of just recreating more scooby doo with a different title it changed the formula up a bit and it was really refreshing. I only know about this show thanks to cartoon network and my older sister who grew up watching it and it's a great addition to the scooby family.
  • This shows Scooby and the gang as kids and how they started out sloving mysteries.

This is aobut when Scooby Doo was a puppy and the gnag were kids. It is all aobut how they staretd otu as detectives and how they ended being who they are now. This is really classic and one of the better Scooby Doo cartoons even though they are great.
  • I love A Pup Named Scooby Doo!

I love it when it is about when Scooby Doo was a puppy and the gang were kids. It is all aobut how they started out as detectives and how they ended being who they are now. This is really classic and one of the better Scooby Doo cartoons even though they are great.
  • Perhaps the Best Scooby Doo Show Ever! Can't wait until the series is on DVD.

This is my favorite Scooby Doo Cartoon and my second favorite overall cartoon.

The show follows the lives of Norville "Shaggy" Rodgers and his friends, Freddy Jones, Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, and of course Shaggy's dog, a pup named Scooby Doo! Together they're "The Scooby Doo Detective Agency"

In each episode, the gang trys to solve a new mystery with a new moster. The show had a three season run and lasted from 1988 to 1990. It was the last Scooby Doo Series until What's New Scooby Doo? aired just a few years ago. Even after it ended it still aired reruns on Cartoon Network up until 2005. Fans of this show can still catch it occasionally on Boomerang and it is also coming out on DVD.

My Rating:
    9.0 - Superb

Favorite Episode: "Dog Gone Scooby"
    Favorite Character: Scooby Doo

My Thoughts:

I think this show was really good. It didn't have many bad episodes. The whole Red thing got a little old after a while, and I didn't really like the Commander Cool and Mellow Mutt episodes.
  • Great physical exagerations,great play on all the characters of the origional cartoon, cute mysteries, Red Herring, and best of all YOU can help them solve the crime!!!

Yes folks we have a very entertaining cartoon here!! It is a personal favorite, with physical exagerations, probably adopted from Tex Avery,
    but are still very enjoyably placed to where you feel like it is unique to this cartoon! Clever writting, The origional voices of Casey Kasem,
    and Don Messick for Shaggy and Scooby help bring dramatic realism to the cartoon!! Well O.K.,
    that may be a little much, but it is very cool!
    WATCH THIS CARTOON!! I think it might be a favorite of you'res too!
  • This show destroyed the orginal 'Scooby-Doo'!

This show was good, but very childish. I loved 'Scooby-Doo'! but this is not as good as 'Scooby-Doo'!

Scooby is more funnier, stupider and more likeable. This is just childish because of the cheesy monsters, easy solving and boring action!

This show was okay, but not the best! Pup Scooby and Scooby don't match up. (even though I still watch this show)
  • I'm glad this show is gone,and hopefully,never returns!

0.3
    The gang was in the furtureistic times.They did not have computers when they were teens,but when they are children!?Also,this show had the type of lousy humor technique!such as the eye-popping out of the head trick.And the super speed jet-off trick.Over all,this show was the worst!Also,that lame female voice going :"Scooby,Dooby,Doo,Sco-ba-by-doo,by,do,by,doo.Sco-ba-by-doo." in the backround.I'm glad this show is trashed!
  • "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" has the same concept, only with younger, more cartoon-like characters.

6.6
    There's not alot of differences between the original Scobby-Doo and "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo", but the main reason, however, is that the characters are in their 10s. I somewhat like this change, but I still despise the repetitive line, "If it weren't for you kids and your stupid dog."

"A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" is sure to please children fans of the original. However, adult fanatics should avoid this show as it has a less mature sense of humor and jokes that only appeal to the little ones. It's the same plot and crap, but for some reasons, it's not the same.

"A Pup Named Scooby-Doo"'s characters, ranging from the gang to the villians, are more than enough of a bad cast. The mosters in the original "Scooby-Doo" could frighten kids while the mosters in "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" were created to be cuter and more attractive. I hate it.

This show never lived up to its original. Scooby-Doo may look cuter in this show, but I find the show itself to be uninteresting.
  • The kiddie version of the original.

This is obviously Scooby Doo as kids. Everyone is around 10. Because of that, the adventures are adjusted to that. There are also different recurring characters such as Red Herring. This is definitely a show to watch if you like the old Nickelodeon cartoon from the 90s such as "Angry Beavers" and
    Rocko's Modern Life".
  • This TV show is about mystery ink. as little kids. It is very funny just like all the other Scooby-Doo seasons are. If you like Scooby-Doo like me this is the show for you and your family. I got a Pup Named Scooby-Doo Volumes 1 2 and I love them

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is a great way to learn how the gang first learned how to solve mysteries. They were just as meddling as they are in the new scooby-doo episodes.I really enjoy this series for the humor. This is one of the best Scooby-Doo seasons ever made from my point of view.
  • Not as good as the original, but this is an okay Scooby-Doo series.

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is basically the Mystery Inc. gang as kids solving cases.The plot has been done before, but since this is a spin-off of the original, I guess the plot's okay. The mysteries weren't as mysterious as in the original, but they were okay, too. This show had a lot of laughs in it, but I think it should've focused less on comedy. The mysteries were easier to solve here, and it didn't take much thought to figure it out. Okay plot, mysteries, great comedy, and okay character development, I think.
    7.5/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • I loved this show.

This show was way more entertaining & more funnier than the original Scooby Doo show. I loved to watch it becaus ethe humor was more funnier & the animation was also different and new to me. They look better as kids & a pup. The original was ok but this show is just better.
  • A pup named Scooby-Doo solves mysterys in Coolsville.

The show isn't bad, but it's not very good either. Around the same time, almost every classic cartoon characters were turned by the producers into babies, kids or teenaagers.
    Scooby-Doo was also turned into his kid version or rather pup version, alongside his friends.
    The concept for the show is the same as almost all the other Scooby series. They solve a mystery, catch a thief and unmask him. And that's about it.
  • Velma said jinkies, it must be a clue!

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. What can I say about this cartoon? First off, what I like about the cartoon is how it is interesting to see the "Mystery, Inc." kids as somewhat young children, solving mysteries and other weird goings on as the "Scooby-Doo Detective Agency".

Another thing that I enjoy about the show is how much of a spoiled brat Daphine was in the various episodes. Whenever something didn't suit her in the progress of the gang's investigating of a mystery, she always called for Jenkins to fix it, something that always put a smile on my face.

One more thing that always made me laugh was how dense Freddy always is and how he always accused Red Herring of commiting every crime they investigated, even when he didn't do anything wrong. One thing that I found humorous about this gag was how the only time that Red was actually guilty was the only time that Freddy couldn't accuse him, as per his agreements between his friends and with Red himself.

In all, I find A Pup Named Scooby-Doo to be very entertaining, and even as I get older, I always enjoy watching this spunky little puppy and his friends solve mysteries.
  • A young version of Scooby and Mystery Inc. solve mysteries in a city called Coolsville.

This series is rather interesting. Though there have been kid versions of plenty of popular shows (Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry are the other two on Cartoon Network). Though unlike in Scooby Doo, Where are you? In which they just seem to plop out a random solution, in this series they give out clues to the criminal. As far-fetched as the answers may be. The monsters range from a weredog who is supposed to be Scooby when it is the fullmoon to a ghost of a librarian who is mad at Scooby and Shaggy for not returning a book. The ghosts are always people in masks like they were in Scooby Doo, Where are you? However, the addition of the interactivity gives it a 7/10 instead of a much lower grade.
  • Childhood Years

As much as I love to be a kid again, we all got to see Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Gang as children. Shaggy and Scooby has the same voice actors. Daphne doesn't believe in ghosts. Fred constantly thinks Red Herring is up to no good. Velma doesn't speak much, however she does say "Jinkies!" That's the way to tell she has found a clue. This Scooby-Doo series is better than the other ones. (I still like the one that features Scrappy-Doo).
  • Scooby Doo The younger years

A pup named scooby doo, is about Mystery Inc. then called the scooby doo detective agency, as kids. its a pretty good show, one of the show's running gags is Fred always blaming Red Harring... the neighboring bullie for everything. and shaggy and scooby the scaredy cats that they always are. None of them are really any different then in the older shows, its weird seeing them as kids.
  • Great Show!

When I was little, I would always set aside time to watch this show...I found it hilarious when Fred would always accuse the evil men from his comics or red herring every time...and I liked how scooby's dog house was more like an actual mansion instead of a house...ahhh good times...I wish this show was still on...:-( it's never on boomerang either...wait I stand corrected...anyhow, this is a wonderful show!
  • This is just adorable!

I absolutely love this show! If you\'ve watched Scooby Doo, you can\'t go wrong with a pup named Scooby Doo! This series is terrific. It has better songs than the original Scooby and Scooby is absolutely adorable as a puppy! Congratulations, Hanna Barbara. You\'ve made a keeper!

They also brought in some interesting characters. this series introduces Velma\'s mom, a bully named Red Herring and a creature named Stinkweed! I guess the only problem is that Velma looks worse as a kid and that she hardly ever talks now. I mean, the only thing she ever says is \"Jinkies\", which is rather biased when you think about it. Other than that, this series has potential.
  • Mixing the aura of Scooby Doo with the make-'em-younger conceit of Muppet Babies with the outrageous animation and irreverance of Bakshi's Mighty Mouse just doesn't click.

5.3
    Since 1969, the interchangeable storylines of the many versions of Scooby Doo has been the stuff of cartoon legendm for better or worse. There had been eleven separate Scooby shows from 1969 to the debut of A Pup Named Scooby Doo and the format remained unchanged.

Only here, producer Scott Jeralds chose to change the design to resemble what Ralph Bakshi did a year earlier with Mighty Mouse, which on CBS was a critical hit but not a ratings hit. He made Scooby a pup and the gang elementary-school age, and the resulting alchemy just doesn't produce gold. (I digress, it was nominated for an Emmy that season.) Bakshi's writers took chances with situations, animation and dialogue that hadn't been seen on Saturday morning since George Of The Jungle (ABC, 1967-70), and with Mighty Mouse it worked since he worked with the character before in the early 1960s. It's difficult to peg such outrageous graphics to a series whose ground rules were set in stone such as Scooby Doo. The forgettable songs and accompanying dance scenes don't help.

If there's anything to note that's truly positive, it's how well fleshed out the relationship of the gang is. Scooby is obedient to Fred and Daphne and best friends with Shaggy, but he adores Velma. And who couldn't? Here Velma is quiet, pragmatic, and very endearing. She gets as many "wet puppy kisses" from Scooby as Shaggy does.

Among the pantheon of Scooby shows that ABC has run (after getting it from CBS), A Pup Named Scooby Doo wasn't a classic show, but in an era where TV cartoons were mainly created by network committee, it wasn't a flop, either.
  • great show

A Pup Named Scooby Doo is great. I loved watching that cartoon when I was little and I have been trying to find a collection of all 30 episodes on DVD but it is practically impossible. This show was great for kids to watch it could make kids want to explore the world so to speak. I know it made me want to. I really loved that cartoon it was humorous and I loved it. I wish that was still making it. Then they were kids and a pup and it was more of a kids cartoon now the Original Scooby Doo it is great but I would prefer the A Pup Named Scooby Doo over the original any day. It really upsets me that i never get to watch it.
  • A pup Named Scooby Doo is GREAT!!!

This show is just like the old Scooby Doo but they are kids!. IT is a very good and funny show over all if you like the old Scooby Doo show. Fred is a bit annying but still very like able. This show has some very cool songs as well and the beggining of the show is just amazing with how cool it is! I used to wacht this show every dat when the show first came out. Every now and then you come arcoss one that is not to good but it is like that with just about anything. I hope you guys enjoy this show!
  • Extremely dorky

7.1
    A scooby-doo counterpart made for kids, the show is extremely cheesy and dorky. Its really fun to watch, (actually, its kinda embarassing). A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is one of those shows that you would only watch as an absolute complete resort when absolutely nothing is on. The show itself is more annoying than entertaining.
  • There are 4 kids and a talking dog that live in just a little town and are all friends. They call themselves mystery inc. because they solve the mysteries that pop up in their town.

This show is very inlightening and i think that it has a moral at the end that u have to look for to find. The characters are all very intresting in their own way. Velma is very intresting because she is like a genious for her age and she always seems to catch on to things that the rest of the team overlooks. Fred is like the leader of the team. He is the studd and he loves Daffnie. He always splits them up gives out the orders and has the plan. Daffnie loves fred. She is the little rich girl that when she calls for him her butler comes to do whatever she says. Shaggy is Scooby's owner. They are always hungry and always really scared. ALL characters ALWAYS where the same clothes.
  • I loved it!

This was a great spinoff from Scooby-Doo. It was cool seeing Scooby and the gang as kids. Their mysteries weren't as exciting or mysterious, but they were still fun to watch! The monsters/ghosts/aliens/things were more kid-friendly and goofy. Their intentions were also kiddish (if that's a word). I enjoyed the series very much. They kept their personal traits for example, Daphne was still fashionable and rich, Velma was still smart and nerdy, Shaggy was laid back and afraid of everything, Freddy was still a leader, and Scooby-Doo was, well, Scooby! A Pup Named Scooby-Doo was a great show, so I give it a 9.
  • Not as good as the regular scooby doo, but it still great.

I thought that this was a decent show even though I don't think it was as great as the original scooby doo. I thinkthe original had some very thick and more orginized plots than this scooby doo. This is still a great show even though the original is much better. BUt most people don't think thisshow is great just probably because they thought the original is better, but its not comparing to a different show, this is comparing to just the show its self.
    Yeah this is still a great show that I wish would come back so it can bring joy to kids!
  • I loved this show when I was little.

A Pup named Scooby-Doo came out a few years before I was born but but I first seen it on Cartoonnetwork about in 1998 or 1999 and I loved it I would watch it every day during the summer time I loved how Fred Velma and Daphne had diffrent persnalites when they were little kids and of course Shaggy and Scooby always acted the same way since they were kids in the show I also liked how they has new characeters in the show like Red hairing and they showed Shaggy's parents and everyonce in awhile his little sister Shauggy I think they called her I would still watch A Pup named Scooby-Doo! whenever I see it on I will rate A Pup named Scooby-Doo! a 9.9!
< 1 2