A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

ABC (ended 1991)

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo Fan Reviews (47)

7.9
  • Childhood Years

As much as I love to be a kid again, we all got to see Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Gang as children. Shaggy and Scooby has the same voice actors. Daphne doesn't believe in ghosts. Fred constantly thinks Red Herring is up to no good. Velma doesn't speak much, however she does say "Jinkies!" That's the way to tell she has found a clue. This Scooby-Doo series is better than the other ones. (I still like the one that features Scrappy-Doo).
  • I love A Pup Named Scooby Doo!

I love it when it is about when Scooby Doo was a puppy and the gang were kids. It is all aobut how they started out as detectives and how they ended being who they are now. This is really classic and one of the better Scooby Doo cartoons even though they are great.
  • A really good show, of when scooby and the gang were younger

Since i watched the new sccoby doo movie: mystery begins. It appears they only met when they were teenagers and shaggy is older than all of them because he got held back twice, wich is why he drives the mystery machine. But overall GOOOD, as much as it was GOOD, i think scooby was really cute when he was a puppy. Im sure most people would agree that some of the characters bios are off, but now for the good things... The story line is better for kids to follow and is even suitable for all ages, im sure youll agree again when i saw that this show is more for kids though!
  • Okay so... Maybe I enjoy this scooby doo series more than the others. I think they have more peril than screaming like in the other series. So Read this review and AGREE!

Okay so... Maybe I enjoy this scooby doo series more than the others. I think they have more peril than screaming like in the other series. I guess I just think that these are clever brilliant monster ideas. I know it sounds silly but really I wish this was the one that was on the most because this was just Peril related is what I like to watch mostly. I will however do enjoy all Scooby-doo series just I want more episodes. That means we need a new season on Cartoon Network so I can at least see more episodes. I guess I want another season for more monsterly peril. I wish this was still containing episodes. Do you??? Do your friends, etc??????
  • This shows Scooby and the gang as kids and how they started out sloving mysteries.

This is aobut when Scooby Doo was a puppy and the gnag were kids. It is all aobut how they staretd otu as detectives and how they ended being who they are now. This is really classic and one of the better Scooby Doo cartoons even though they are great.
  • Really Nice ideia, and show.

This show is in my opinion one fo the best Scooby-Doo serie, really funny and interesting, the mysteries can really be solve by someone who watch this, different from many other Scooby-Doo shows.

The ideia was something that in that year, was a good one, but today i think that this show wouldn't be the sucess that it was.
  • Scooby and the gang are itty bitty cute kids and puppy

As a kid show this is just too cute and oddly entertaining. Every show has a catchy song a little ones can dance to...I did when I was little. Freddie is a dummy, Daphne is vain, Velma is quietly a genius, and Shaggy and Scooby are...Shaggy and Scooby.

The show is more silly than the others so it's better for a younger audience. There is also another character named Red Harring who Fred always suspects to be the baddie but never is. Reds just a bully. However the kitty-ness of the show is what makes it an 8.5 instead of a 10. The animation is pretty good but the fact that it is targeted at a much younger audience and tends to give you a headache if you watch too many episodes at once.
  • I watch this in the morning.

It's another Scooby Doo show. So you must know a little bit about it, right? If you've watched the original and What's New Scooby Doo? then you'll like this one too. Instead of them all grown up, they're just kids solving mysteries. I do admit it's a bit repetitive, that you watch one episode you have already saw "all the episodes". So, here's how it usually goes: one person is having some sort of trouble, so the "gang" is there. They would listen to that person then set off to look for clues. The ghost, monster, whatever it is shows up probably once they found a clue. They run and hide, maybe act like a different person. That happens several times in the episode. A person shows up, which would be added as a suspect. Fast forward to the end, they gained all the clues, set up a trap (that probably won't work), then the people who hired them comes in. Fred accuses Red Herring, and Velma says who the suspect is and unmask the guy. Simple, right? Way too long for a "review".
  • Extremely dorky

7.1
    A scooby-doo counterpart made for kids, the show is extremely cheesy and dorky. Its really fun to watch, (actually, its kinda embarassing). A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is one of those shows that you would only watch as an absolute complete resort when absolutely nothing is on. The show itself is more annoying than entertaining.
  • A pup named scooby doo has nothing new to the Franchise. The Only Differnece is that they made the Chracthers Younger.

6.7
    My 46th review after the Worst Nelvana cartoon of all time: Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. This cartoon Did not make any new things. it's the same old plot, same Scripts, and same Chrcathers. The music is Terrible, Lacky and Annoying. They had to sing Scooby dooby doo!!! 100,000 times on the dang SONG!!!!!!!! I rather get ran over by a Bullet Train down the Tokyo Subway, and get dragged over by the Train Wire, up to 500,000 Miles! rather then listening to the music! The Music SUCKS DOG BUTT!!!!! but the whole cartoon isn't that Bad. This cartoon will get a C-. Here the Results:

Voice-acting: C 6.0/10.0 There is nothing new in the Voice-acting to the Franchise. it's just the Same.

Animation: D 4.0/10.0 The Animation is Poorly drawn and it has Ugly Washed-up Bright Colors.

Graphics: D 4.0/10.0 The Graphics Stink too. That's what makes the cartoon so Ugly.

Sound: F 2.0/10.0 The sound effects are good, while the theme song and the chase song is Terrible! It's lacky and it's Annoying like I said before!

Dialouge: C-- 5.0/10.0 Nothing new still.

Lasting Appeal: B+ 7.8/10.0 The cartoon may be ugly but it can still be decent and a bit fun to watch.

Overall: C- 6.7/10.0 This is one of the few Hanna-Barbera Rip-offs in younger forms. There are others like: Tom and Jerry kids, The Filnstones Kids, Even This! This cartoon is not all that good. This is just a Rip-off. Do Not watch it if you don't like it.
  • This show destroyed the orginal 'Scooby-Doo'!

This show was good, but very childish. I loved 'Scooby-Doo'! but this is not as good as 'Scooby-Doo'!

Scooby is more funnier, stupider and more likeable. This is just childish because of the cheesy monsters, easy solving and boring action!

This show was okay, but not the best! Pup Scooby and Scooby don't match up. (even though I still watch this show)
  • I'm glad this show is gone,and hopefully,never returns!

0.3
    The gang was in the furtureistic times.They did not have computers when they were teens,but when they are children!?Also,this show had the type of lousy humor technique!such as the eye-popping out of the head trick.And the super speed jet-off trick.Over all,this show was the worst!Also,that lame female voice going :"Scooby,Dooby,Doo,Sco-ba-by-doo,by,do,by,doo.Sco-ba-by-doo." in the backround.I'm glad this show is trashed!
  • Like Mystery Solving Rugrats

Various ep (03)
  • Nothing can be the Scooby-Doo Series

This show in which i grew up with is great. I loved it when i was a Kid, and still do. Even though this is "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" which is my favorite in the series...Is classic Its gotten better and Plus More the Mysteries Now and days, i watch this on Boomarang. Me and my brother Love it...Its funny, and a classic. Scooby-doo pretty much got me into Drawing, You see I'm a Artist

Without scooby-doo, Would i be able to draw today?
    Many people Love Scooby-doo for the fact that its a Fun show to watch, Scooby-doo Will last forever...

It gets a Lickin' 10/10
  • This is just adorable!

I absolutely love this show! If you\'ve watched Scooby Doo, you can\'t go wrong with a pup named Scooby Doo! This series is terrific. It has better songs than the original Scooby and Scooby is absolutely adorable as a puppy! Congratulations, Hanna Barbara. You\'ve made a keeper!

They also brought in some interesting characters. this series introduces Velma\'s mom, a bully named Red Herring and a creature named Stinkweed! I guess the only problem is that Velma looks worse as a kid and that she hardly ever talks now. I mean, the only thing she ever says is \"Jinkies\", which is rather biased when you think about it. Other than that, this series has potential.
  • Scooby Doo The younger years

A pup named scooby doo, is about Mystery Inc. then called the scooby doo detective agency, as kids. its a pretty good show, one of the show's running gags is Fred always blaming Red Harring... the neighboring bullie for everything. and shaggy and scooby the scaredy cats that they always are. None of them are really any different then in the older shows, its weird seeing them as kids.
  • Velma said jinkies, it must be a clue!

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. What can I say about this cartoon? First off, what I like about the cartoon is how it is interesting to see the "Mystery, Inc." kids as somewhat young children, solving mysteries and other weird goings on as the "Scooby-Doo Detective Agency".

Another thing that I enjoy about the show is how much of a spoiled brat Daphine was in the various episodes. Whenever something didn't suit her in the progress of the gang's investigating of a mystery, she always called for Jenkins to fix it, something that always put a smile on my face.

One more thing that always made me laugh was how dense Freddy always is and how he always accused Red Herring of commiting every crime they investigated, even when he didn't do anything wrong. One thing that I found humorous about this gag was how the only time that Red was actually guilty was the only time that Freddy couldn't accuse him, as per his agreements between his friends and with Red himself.

In all, I find A Pup Named Scooby-Doo to be very entertaining, and even as I get older, I always enjoy watching this spunky little puppy and his friends solve mysteries.
  • I loved this show.

This show was way more entertaining & more funnier than the original Scooby Doo show. I loved to watch it becaus ethe humor was more funnier & the animation was also different and new to me. They look better as kids & a pup. The original was ok but this show is just better.
  • This TV show is about mystery ink. as little kids. It is very funny just like all the other Scooby-Doo seasons are. If you like Scooby-Doo like me this is the show for you and your family. I got a Pup Named Scooby-Doo Volumes 1 2 and I love them

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is a great way to learn how the gang first learned how to solve mysteries. They were just as meddling as they are in the new scooby-doo episodes.I really enjoy this series for the humor. This is one of the best Scooby-Doo seasons ever made from my point of view.
  • Great physical exagerations,great play on all the characters of the origional cartoon, cute mysteries, Red Herring, and best of all YOU can help them solve the crime!!!

Yes folks we have a very entertaining cartoon here!! It is a personal favorite, with physical exagerations, probably adopted from Tex Avery,
    but are still very enjoyably placed to where you feel like it is unique to this cartoon! Clever writting, The origional voices of Casey Kasem,
    and Don Messick for Shaggy and Scooby help bring dramatic realism to the cartoon!! Well O.K.,
    that may be a little much, but it is very cool!
    WATCH THIS CARTOON!! I think it might be a favorite of you'res too!
  • Scooby-Dooby

For more than a decade, it looked as if this would be the final weekly Scooby Doo series. Following the unsuccessful run of The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, the creators went back to the drawing board and turned the original "Mystery Inc." characters into small children, who now worked under the title of "The Scooby Doo Detective Agency." Gone were the days of a pup named Scrappy-Doo, this series ushered in the age of a pup named Scooby-Doo! Although they would have been this age in the '50s or '60s, the kids were far more like kids of the '80s, with computers, skateboards, and gadgets that were popularized far later. As in the original series, the villains of this series were always bad guys in rubber masks, a concept that they had gotten away from when Scrappy entered the show and the ghosts became real. More cartoonish than the rest of the shows, the characters seemed to nod back to the old Warner Bros. cartoons -- complete with bugging eyes, gaping jaws, and a myriad of hijinks and sound effects that were unlike previous Scooby-Doo entries.

One of the biggest running gags dealt with Freddy's nemesis, Red Herring, who was always accused of committing the crime, though he was never the perpetrator (except once). Other gags included Velma's catch-phrase "Jinkies" -- every time she uttered that phrase, it meant she had found a clue. Daphne became far more of a spoiled brat, whose butler, Jenkins, would come to her rescue anytime she called (which was often). Every episode had a chase scene that was underscored with a new song (much like the second season of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!, during which time the stars would usually stop for a moment to dance. And episodes always wrapped with someone saying the villain would've gotten away with it if it weren't for "You lousy kids and a Pup Named Scooby-Doo!" It also started Freddie's phrase, "Let's split up gang".

The show played for a few years on ABC's Saturday morning schedule and then vanished without a trace until it surfaced several years later on Cartoon Network, where it's had a home ever since.

Theme Song Lyrics:

(Scooby-Dooby,

Scooby-Dooby,

Scooby-Dooby-Doo!)

There's a mystery in town,

So call the coolest pup around,

Call Scooby,

A pup named Scooby-Doo!

Join Shaggy, and the crew,

Daphne, Freddie, Velma too!

And Scooby!

A pup named Scooby-Doo!

(Scooby-Doobity-Doo, Scooby-Doo!)

When the ghostly ghoul attacks,

Scooby eats a Scooby Snack!

(Jinkies!)

(Scooby-Dooby,

Scooby-Dooby,

Scooby-Dooby-Doo!)

So come on, it's mystery time,

You can help us solve the crime,

With Scooby, a pup named Scooby,

Scooby, a pup named Scooby-Doo!

(Scooby-Doobity-Doo, Scooby-Doo!)

Scooby-Doo, where are you?

Scooby-Doo!
  • I loved this show when I was little.

A Pup named Scooby-Doo came out a few years before I was born but but I first seen it on Cartoonnetwork about in 1998 or 1999 and I loved it I would watch it every day during the summer time I loved how Fred Velma and Daphne had diffrent persnalites when they were little kids and of course Shaggy and Scooby always acted the same way since they were kids in the show I also liked how they has new characeters in the show like Red hairing and they showed Shaggy's parents and everyonce in awhile his little sister Shauggy I think they called her I would still watch A Pup named Scooby-Doo! whenever I see it on I will rate A Pup named Scooby-Doo! a 9.9!
  • great show

A Pup Named Scooby Doo is great. I loved watching that cartoon when I was little and I have been trying to find a collection of all 30 episodes on DVD but it is practically impossible. This show was great for kids to watch it could make kids want to explore the world so to speak. I know it made me want to. I really loved that cartoon it was humorous and I loved it. I wish that was still making it. Then they were kids and a pup and it was more of a kids cartoon now the Original Scooby Doo it is great but I would prefer the A Pup Named Scooby Doo over the original any day. It really upsets me that i never get to watch it.
  • I used to love this show so much!

Wow, a pup named scooby-doo. It was never as good as the original series, but i used to love this show when i was about seven. I used to plan my day around it and everything! I also like the fact it is on Cartoon Network now, but rarely. So, about the show itself, it was cool, but the monsters were a little lame... at least now that I look back. Whenever A Pup Named Scooby-doo comes on, im like, OMG! A pup named scooby-doo, no way! I dont know, though... i just feel like I liked it more when I was a kid but i will always like this show!
  • Great Show!

When I was little, I would always set aside time to watch this show...I found it hilarious when Fred would always accuse the evil men from his comics or red herring every time...and I liked how scooby's dog house was more like an actual mansion instead of a house...ahhh good times...I wish this show was still on...:-( it's never on boomerang either...wait I stand corrected...anyhow, this is a wonderful show!
  • There are 4 kids and a talking dog that live in just a little town and are all friends. They call themselves mystery inc. because they solve the mysteries that pop up in their town.

This show is very inlightening and i think that it has a moral at the end that u have to look for to find. The characters are all very intresting in their own way. Velma is very intresting because she is like a genious for her age and she always seems to catch on to things that the rest of the team overlooks. Fred is like the leader of the team. He is the studd and he loves Daffnie. He always splits them up gives out the orders and has the plan. Daffnie loves fred. She is the little rich girl that when she calls for him her butler comes to do whatever she says. Shaggy is Scooby's owner. They are always hungry and always really scared. ALL characters ALWAYS where the same clothes.
  • A pup Named Scooby Doo is GREAT!!!

This show is just like the old Scooby Doo but they are kids!. IT is a very good and funny show over all if you like the old Scooby Doo show. Fred is a bit annying but still very like able. This show has some very cool songs as well and the beggining of the show is just amazing with how cool it is! I used to wacht this show every dat when the show first came out. Every now and then you come arcoss one that is not to good but it is like that with just about anything. I hope you guys enjoy this show!
  • My favorite of all the Scooby Doo shows

this is one of my favorite cartoons growing up, it was real corny and cheesy but it was very funny and entertaining nonetheless. It shows the Mystery Gang as kids, which was a good thing for this show. I liked the recurrence of Red Herring, he was a funny character and I laughed every time he came up in an episode. Overall, this is why i like the show, because yes it is corny, but it is also very funny with original plots that have not been done before. My grade is an A- because it could have been better
  • Great Show

Puppy Scooby-Do and his four young friends have a knack for getting involved in mysteries ranging from bicycle theft to bank robbery. Never mind that Scooby-Doo's gang is barely old enough to enroll in elementary school! Fred takes an enthusiastic lead with his often far-fetched theories, while Daphne is most concerned about getting messy. Shaggy is laid-back and easily spooked and Velma, though a tyke of few words, exhibits a very busy intellect. Scooby-Do, who bears almost no resemblance to the often-annoying Scrappy-Doo some viewers may be familiar with, performs for Scooby Snacks. What's unique to the A Pup Named Scooby-Doo series is that the ghosts and monsters are slightly less scary, the clues are more obvious, and Velma walks young viewers through the process of figuring out the identities of the thieves just prior to their revealing.
  • I loved it!

This was a great spinoff from Scooby-Doo. It was cool seeing Scooby and the gang as kids. Their mysteries weren't as exciting or mysterious, but they were still fun to watch! The monsters/ghosts/aliens/things were more kid-friendly and goofy. Their intentions were also kiddish (if that's a word). I enjoyed the series very much. They kept their personal traits for example, Daphne was still fashionable and rich, Velma was still smart and nerdy, Shaggy was laid back and afraid of everything, Freddy was still a leader, and Scooby-Doo was, well, Scooby! A Pup Named Scooby-Doo was a great show, so I give it a 9.
< 1 2