A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila

Tuesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered Oct 09, 2007 In Season

A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila Fan Reviews (23)

• This show is truly original. Deserves at least one watch before people criticize it.

Tila Tequila, a.k.a. the MySpace friend whore, is now on TV, to many people's discontent. The advertising for this show basically made it sound like another trashy MTV show, i.e. The Real World or the god-awful I Love New York. However, it was not so bad. In fact, it was actually... gasp... interesting.
    Tila Nguyen, surprise surprise, is bisexual. Another way of saying to men that she is very promiscuous. I mean, come on - we all know how many women claim to be "bisexual." So it seems either she has not much experience in this area, or more likely, she wants to make good ratings, because she spends 80% of the time making out with the girls but rarely even pecks the boys on the cheek. If that's not attention-seeking, I don't know what is.
    Gladly, she does not come off as a typical ditz in her interview shorts. She does have a slight case of that annoying Asian accent though. But at times, she can be quite introspective.
    Aside from the various annoying characters - Ashley, Domenico, Amanda, Marcus - the cast seems like a fairly normal mix. But the character whom I thought stood out most was Dani, the tomboy lesbian with a genuine disposition. She made it to the finals but ultimately lost her "shot at love," leaving Tila with the yawn-inducing and low-esteemed Bobby. A worthless ending, but it's about the journey, not the destination, right?
    Anyway, we find out that months later, they have broken up and she (as well as Domenico) is already in the works of a carbon copy of the show, coming out later in 2008. I guess Tila Tequila really will be just another reality TV wash-up.