An A to Z Community
NBC (ended 2015)

I know it still smells like sunscreen and happiness outside, but we're only about a month away from the start of the fall TV season, so it's high time to start thinking about which new comedies and dramas will earn a coveted spot on your DVR/viewing schedule.

And with that in mind, we're curious as to what's on your current shortlist. Got your eye on NBC's new romantic comedy Marry Me, or maybe you watched the newly released A to Z pilot and found love at first site? Perhaps you're dying to see what Fox can do with Gotham, or how Arrow spin-off The Flash will stack up to its big brother? Are you a diehard Shondland fan who can't wait to learn How to Get Away With Murder? We'll be coming out with our official "most anticipated new shows" list soon, but in the meantime, we want to know which freshman series you're most looking forward to. 

Peruse the photo gallery below below to jog your memory of what's coming down the pike, and then cast your vote in the poll.

Note: Even though the gallery contains both fall and midseason series, we've only included FALL shows in the poll. 

thekaitling:list:which-fall-show-are-you-most-excited-for/

And now spill: What'd you pick, and why?

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview: 
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/22/2015

Season 1 : Episode 13

259 Comments
Comments (259)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Stalker is awsome......, period!!! Grace Point, NCIS n/o, Forever is catching on as the characters are being refined. Gotham is a top fav, and Constantine is another that's getting better as the main character becomes more defined by the actor. I like his sidekick, the big gangly dude but he needs to up that character and the producers need to define it more, the old "let's kick it up a notch" truly applies here.
Flag
Gee! I have to say The Flash, Gotham is been a genuine surprise and Forever is a procedural that escapes the old procedural shows formula. But the best one is really The Flash.
Flag
I've seen Gracepoint, it was called Broadchurch. So I know how it ends. I love Forever, it is Castle-ish with a twist: no, not that he dies, but there is no real sexual tension between the two leads. I'm sure that bothers the hell out of you critics, because you won't be able to bash the show for that reason. Scorpion is a good show so far, it gives a fresh look at geniuses and how they interact with the world: terribly. Much better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What's not to be excited about The Flash? It's Fun. Madame Secretary & The Mysteries of Laura: I'll watch anything remotely good with Tia Leoni and Debra Messing. Haven't been disappointed by either one yet.
Flag
I voted for Scorpion, Forever, Gracepoint and The Flash. I loved the premieres for Scorpion and Forever. I saw the second episode of Scorpion and have officially put it on my must-see list. Love the message and it is fun. Will see the second episode of Forever this week on demand. As for Gracepoint, I saw Broadchurch last summer and loved it.

i love smart people including nerds. That is why Scorpion got my attention.
Flag
Hey Macfan1, I was just about to write my two cents worth when I read yours and realised that my views are so similar to yours that there would be no point in writing them down.
Like you I love Scorpion and have seen Broadchurch and can't wait to see how Gracepoint turns out.
My wife thinks I watch too much tv, I told her 'How is that even possible'?
I read a rumour that David Tennent would be reprising his role from Broadchurch to Gracepoint. I hope its a true rumour as he was great in the part.
If he plays the part the big question is; will he play it with his natural Scottish accent or will he use English or American?
Flag
add to the list of 1) Constantine 2) Gotham 3) Flash, from other productions

1) Criminal Minds
2) CSI
3) Supernatural
4) Sherlock
5) Arrow
6) Blacklist
7) Bones
8) White Collar
9) Downton Abby
Flag
Having now seen the bulk of these pilots, i'm actually pretty impressed. This is quite better than last years line up by far (shows getting axed left and right within the first week, anybody?) i think (and hope) people are finally so over the reality tv genre that we've collectively decided to give even the most undeserving show a chance nowadays...now, will any of them be this years Sleepy Hollow is leaving something to be desired. The reality is, they're all teetering on mediocre, but i'll take it if it draws in enough ratings to keep them around and spare us something along the lines of Extreme Pregnancy! Street Edition. The Flash will more than likely succeed as this years hit show; NCIS:NOLA comes in as a legit and faithful NCIS spin off that should do as well as NCIS:LA does once it finds its footing; Scorpion is a little daunting but definitely worth watching if but for the cool stunt they pull at the end of the pilot; Constantine will be great if NBC gives it a chance (IMHO NBC is the new FOX; even FOX doesn't axe shows as quickly as the peacock does anymore) Selfie is quirky and humbling, again it could do well if it finds its footing. Forever is a series i already enjoy 2 eps in, given i actually did not care for New Amsterdam, that's probably funny. Give real shows a chance people!
More+
Flag
the flash is gonna be my favourite but I am also excited about how to get away with murder and gotham...
Flag
How to get away with murder is the only new Fall show i'm excited about.
Flag
Madam Secretary because it's the only place to see a politician doing the right thing.
Flag
none cause they'll be canceled before or at season's end.
Flag
many shows, 'the Flash' and', Gotham and Forever, Madam Secretary, Scorpion, and NCIS New Orleans.
Flag
saw pilot for Forever & Red Band Society both look good. Wasn't sure about Forever but it surprised me. Saw an article saying no shows look good. They must be hard to please
Flag
Selfie, because Gillan is a wonderful actress. Just wish they had let her keep her accent. Gracepoint, because anything with David Tenant will be spectacular!
Flag
Flash because I saw the pilot and it's a whole lot of fun
Constantine because those teaser trailers look REALLY promising
Mulaney because I think John Mulaney is a very funny standup comedian.
Flag
Constantine if it is as good as the old movie.

I would not be surprised if the Flash did not succeed. Green arrow is badass and has lots going for it. We'll have to see if the personality of the main character allows it to work.
Flag
I haven't looked through the FULL list of NEW TV Shows starting soon but right now the only NEW Series I'm looking forward to are The CW's The Flash and FOX's Gotham.

Everything else can wait. I'm tired of getting half-way through a Series only for the Network to cancel it. The Flash seems like a safe-bet because it has a built-in Fanbase due to The CW'sArrow and it has a good cast. Gotham is on FOX and they are pretty quick to pull the cancel plug BUT it's about the early days of Gotham City and everyone LOVES Batman (even though he'll be a kid in this) so I'm hopeful FOX won't pull the plug anytime soon.
Flag
I'm not interested in any of the shows above, except for maybe Gotham. What I am really looking forward to is Supernatural: Bloodlines. I know it is a spinoff, but still, it is a new show.
Flag
Supernatural: Bloodlines was not picked up to series..............
Flag
Also, that backdoor pilot sucked OUT LOUD.
Flag
It was probably the worst episode of Supernatural ever.
Flag
For me Supernatural ended with the end of season 5, but when there is nothing new that is better, you take what you can get.
Flag
Remember folks, more than half these shows will be cancelled and good number won't air all their episodes based on the way things have played out on TV the past few seasons.
Flag
Can wait for Gotham and CW's Splash because all of the other shows see boring and almost regular
Flag
only new thing i wanna check out is 'Galavant' but it's not on the list...
Flag
From what I heard, Galavant's not starting until later in the season. I believe that the plan is to air it in the middle of Once Upon a Time's season 4. (They're having a big gap in the middle of OUAT like last season, December - March.) I'm looking forward to Galavant as well!
Flag
oh thank u. i didn't know it was gonna start later :)
Flag
I like the idea of Black-ish so I don't know
Flag
Well, many shows, I know that 'the Flash' and 'Constantine' are winners, having previewed them. But the rest, well, I'll give Gotham and Forever a try, and then, I'll see what happens with Bad Judge, Madam Secretary, Scorpion, and NCIS New Orleans. I already have a slew of shows I like, so adding to the pile is hard.. :) Some think that Gracepoint will be good, but darn if it's not an adaptation of a BBC show.. The odds are, the original will be better than the new version, but who knows.....
Flag
none. i think this is the first time ever I didn't at least want to do the 4 ep test on a show. sad.
Flag
i might watch the pilot of Selfie just because I love Amy Pond, but that's probably it.
Flag
Selfie is nowhere near as horrible as some people make it out to be. I mean, the pilot isn't THAT bad (since that's all I've seen so far).

I caught the pilot on Hulu, and it's not terrible. Mind you, it's not great either. I think I actually enjoyed it more than the other show's pilot that Hulu was hosting: A to Z.
Flag
Nah you'll be hooked on Gracepoint in no time.
Flag
that wasn't even on my radar. so probably not.
Flag
I'm not the slightest bit excited about any. I'm just hoping some of these will turn out to be surprise hit shows, so I can tune in to something. Overall it looks very bleak...
Flag
Is there a make your own fall schedule thing like you guys have set up previously? I'm going to lose track of all the new shows I want to watch!
Flag
I am eagerly awaiting "Constantine" because i am a sucker for the character since he was played by Keanu Reeves in the 2004 version and now i learnt that he has a british accent and wears a trench coat, i am more than intriged. I am faintly curious about "the flash" and "Gotham"
Flag
I wish David Tennant would do something more fun, he was my favorite doctor. Broadchurch was not bad but it was nothing spectacular, if not for him i would have given it a pass, now the remake of that show is supposedly the hottest new show and just from the trailer it looks to have noticeably lower quality.
Flag
Where is Agent Carter?
I want to see Gracepoint (because of what @KaceyLee, @arlenebradley31 & @dvcrawford and some others down there I guess... can't be bother to scroll all the way down) and The Flash... I might give State of Affairs the 4 ep test.
Flag
Staff
Agent Carter is midseason. It will bridge the gab between Agents of SHIELD's fall and spring half-seasons.
Flag
Oh, I see! Well good to know!
Flag
Gracepoint because David Tennant is amazing and Broadchuch was fantastic. I can't wait to see what they changed!
Flag
Gracepoint because I am a huge David Tennant fan, and I loved Broadchurch but the ending just never sat right with me so I am excited to see who Gracepoint has as the killer.
Flag
Gracepoint! I've followed filming closely and it's going to be very good with some twists that keep it fresh and different from Broadchurch. There's also something in Gracepoint that I know many Broadchurch fans would like to have seen. We'll get it with Gracepoint.
Flag
Jane the Virgin so high really? What are you all thinking! I am not sure about Forever but it reminds me a bit of New Amsterdam which I loved, was disappointed it only had one season, so I'll give it a go. Looking forward to constantine, Gothatm, The Flash & Agent Carter the most.
Flag
Hm, were you psychically linked into my brainwaves while writing this? Seriously, there's nothing left for me to say, haha.
Flag
Staff
Jane the Virgin will surprise you!
Flag
I think the only way Jane the Virgin could surprise me is:
If Jane, or her family, doesn't sue the ever-loving pants off the doctor/nurse who accidentally inseminated her.

p.s. Kaitlin, have you seen the pilot (or any of the show)? I ask because I'm curious if the show "demonizes" sex.

I mean, on the site, the descriptions for the show mention a grandma-character that instills a fear of sex into Jane (from what I assume is a religious standpoint). So, I was wondering if that standpoint is a running theme throughout the show (that sex is bad)? Or is it something that's just tied to that specific character?

If it's the former, there's no way I'm watching this show.
Flag
can't wait
Flag
To be honest.. none of them.
Flag
That's not bad for DC when you add Flash and Gotham together.
Flag
Agent Carter and Gotham, because they seem like period procedural and, after Sleepy Hollow, I'm more than ready to embrace that genre regardless the cast.
Flag
To be honest, I'm not really excited for any of the shows this year. In the previous years I always had 5-6 shows that I wanted to check out, but this year looks bland. I read all the synopses and watched some of the trailers, but forgot most of it immediately because it was so boring. I think I'll wait until the shows evolve (or get cancelled), or pick one up when somebody suggests it.
The midseason looks interesting though!
Flag
Backstrom
Flag
This is the first time in a long time I've actually been excited about new TV shows!

The Flash, just because it looks pretty cool. There's potential there; as long as it doesn't get axed prematurely. Since it's a CW show, I'm thinking its chances of survival are fairly high, which I'm excited about.

Red Band Society, because I like medical shows, but I'm squeamish, and sensitive when it comes to the actual medical parts. So a blend of medical stories, plus drama, plus a little dark comedy, means that maybe they'll spend less time on the medical/surgery aspects? No? Okay, well, it's worth a shot, anyway. Octavia Spencer is great, and maybe ABC'll actually give it a chance. (Probably not, but I can still dream!)

Forever, even though I feel like we've had a lot of dramatic crime shows featuring an immortal being as medical examiner. We haven't really; but I'm reminded of a cross between "Castle" and "Tru Calling"...not that it's a bad thing, it just seems awfully similar in premise. Not that "Castle" is necessarily supernatural, at all...or that "Tru" from Tru Calling is immortal...I'm just rambling now - I'll stop here.
Flag
The Flash - because I liked the Arrow-episoded that featured Barry, and I also really enjoyed watching the pilot.
I also saw the Constantine-pilot, but I dunno.. Definitely has potential, so I'll be watching it.
Not really looking forward to the new NCIS and CSI spin-offs, I liked the crossover episode of NCIS with the New Orleans guys, but still...
And for the rest... Nha, not a lot of things I'm really exited about.
Flag
My enthusiasm of network tv shows goes down each and every season. This year I'm only going to watch a few new shows. Selecting is based on genre and talent involved. Gracepoint, for Anna Gunn. Gotham, Flash and Agent Carter because of the comic genre. I'm leaving Constantine off because I never cared for that one. And I'm not confident in anything NBC airs. I'm tired of getting hooked on shows to either have them cancelled during or after the season ends. I'm much better off waiting to binge watch something, if indeed it turns out to be worth watching.
Flag
NCIS New Orleans: Because I love new groundbreaking original shows
A to Z: Because I also love the alphabet
Mysteries of Laura: Who is Laura? BOOM ALREADY HOOKED.
Black-ish: Anthony Anderson can do no wrong (ex. "Kangaroo Jack")
Flag
Gracepoint! And Gotham.
Flag
constantine maybe - Madam Secretary never gonna happen. Puff TV for Killary
Flag
Gotham, Red Band Society, How to Get Away With Murder, and Constantine!
Flag
I suppose I'll watch Walking Dead like I do EVERY fall.
Flag
Another question. Why does The Last Man On Earth has to be (always) in the USA?
so predictable boring if you ask me.... zzzzzz

Flag
One question: what is so interesting about GOTHAM without a BATMAN?
Flag
What's so interesting about Batman without a Gotham?

Sometimes the setting develops a mystique even greater than the characters themselves: Atlanta (The Walking Dead), Westeros (Game of Thrones), Pasadena (The Big Bag Theory), etc.
Flag
Ok, try watching this: The Walking Dead without Zombies, Game Of Thrones without the wanna be Kings or Queens, or The Big Bang Theory without Sheldon? I think it would be pretty boring ;)
Flag
Neither Game of Thrones nor The Walking Dead would be the same without Westeros or Atlanta...maybe the Big Bang Theory guys could work on Oxford or Princeton, but I seriously doubt it.
Flag
I am sorry, but I don´t agree with you. I watch TV shows because of the stories and characters. Not where they are placed. If it´s Atlanta or Manchester or San Petersburg means the same to me. It´s the way a story
it´s told and character´s building that brings me to watch something. The same for GoT, Westeros could have been any other place, or name (it´s the author free choice) and it´s not even a real place. For TBBT, would have worked even in the moon, as long Sheldon it´s there, but take him away, and not the place neither the other characters have enough force to make the show worthwhile watching.
I can still don´t understand what Gotham has to offer without Batman more than being a regular police show with some funny bad criminal fellows. Mystique it´s interesting in a pic, a photo, a frame, but not enough for 45 min of TV.
All this is of course its my own personal opinion ;)
Flag
It´s always a pleasure to watch Patricia Arquette in any role. She is just awesome. I am not a big fan of any CSI, but I will give it a try to this one to see how Patricia Arquette does as Avery Ryan. the Special Agent in Charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico.
Flag
The Flash and Constantine. Skeptical about Gotham because without Batman, its just another police procedural and there are way too many of those right now; and the concept has been exhausted.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members