Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

Nickelodeon (ended 1997)

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters Fan Reviews (55)

• Top Shows (of the 90s)

Most to all ep (96-10)
  • one of my favs...

man, i miss this show! it was really cool! it's a shame that it lasted for a mere 3 years=[ ahhh! real monsters is such an underrated show that was on nick. animation:9/10 really good animation

plots:10/10 awsome!!

characters:10/10 ickis is funny! i luv oblina & krumm too!

jokes:10/10:hilarious jokes

i definately recommend ahh! real monsters to this generation's kids. you wont regret watchin this classic nick show. i could watch show forever & not get tired of it. luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! luv it! bye!
  • Why does Nickelodeon have to take away every good show?

I thought that this show was absolutly amazing!! Next to Avatar the last airbender, this was nick's best show ever. It dident have the same action and adventure factor of Avatar, but it definatly had the quirkiness factor going on. And that made this show great. I loved all the characters, and their names. (Like Icis, and Oblina) It was sooo cute haha. I cant belive nick would be stupid enough to cancel this show in favor of some random crap like spongebob pooppants. WHy nick? WHY?!?!!? Sometimes Nick makes me so mad I want to punch the tv in. But I dont. Lukcy them.
  • This shows was original and a favorite of mine.

This was the first show I saw about monsters, and it was good. The show reminded me of Halloween and I do love Halloween. I found it funny and unique, my favorite was always Ickis, that panic stricken monster was funny and at the same time full of potential to be the best!

Krumm was good to, funny and his smell made him awesome and different. Oblina was annoying to me and I never liked her, but the show would have fallen apart without her. The Gromble was great and his attitude just awesome. I was ok when the ended it, but not when the removed it from Nicktoons TV in favor of CatDog. I want my reruns!
  • Nicktoon classic

This is another classic nicktoon that got cancelled. Don't know the reason for that is. Aaahhh!!! Real Monsters centers around three "monsters-in-training" as you would call them, Ickis, Krum, and Oblina who live in a dump, and go to school. They go out every night trying to scare kids, Sometimes it worked other times it was humorous results. The next morning they would set in the viewfinder and show they scares to the gromble like a share and tell but more like a "Scare and tell". Anyways normally all of them except Oblina whould get told off for a poor job. A good show full of humor, not really scary moments but probably for little kids.
  • I really like this show when I was growing up. (my wurst review ever)

Nickelodeon. What a Great Network. Those were the thoughts I had back in the time of 1992-1996 because they made some of the GREATEST cartoons EVER! Ren & Stimpy, Cow and Chicken and...Ahh! Real Monsters. Now, This came on the air when I was 8 (I'm 16 Now) And I absolutely LOVED the Show. It was so funny and it was very compelling. Even if you didn't find it funny, It was Just So Fun to watch. The wacky misadventures had me on the edge of my seat, waiting for the outcome of the episode, seeing what would happen. I would Tremble when Ickis was about to get caught in the Principals (I forgot his name, but I remember he had red shoes and grayish Moustache and he was an aqua blue) office, When Krum Lost his eye (Krum was my All-time favorite, that holding-your-eyes-with-your-hands Idea was pure GENIUS!) It was just so good. I can see many people agree with me. I didn't know ANYONE that hated the show. It goes off TV in about 1996, but I catch it on a few other channels now and then. 1997, I dont see it at ALL!!! I hadn't seen an episode in months (I was about 13 then) and I was going insane. Luckily, My Friend taped some episodes in 1995 and I went straight over to watch them. Then He lost them in about a week. I mean, he hadn't watched them for about 2 years, then he dug them out, and lost them in a week! I was Angry! Nickelodeon SUCKS now. Rocket Power, Wild Hornberries, As Told by Ginger, They all suck like a Vacuum and even all the newer ones too. Come on! Bring back Ahhh! Real Monsters and get the ideas you had before. Whoever cancelled this show, if you are reading this, Shoot Yourself!
  • one of the good shows of my time. i grew up watchin this and it ceases to amuse me. i miss this show greatly.

great showw. i wish it were still on the air. the day nickelodeon cancelled this almost brought a tear to my eye. not really, but i was indeed very sad. its definatly a class nickelodeon show not like the crap there comin out with now and days . i mean really. nick went down the drain
  • I used 2 love this cartoon

I loved this cartoon. I remember as a kid I was obsessed with Ickis. I think this cartoon Could actually be brought back If it was " modernized ". This cartoon was made during a time when " Toliet Humor " was pretty dominent in most cartoons at the time. However, now the cartoon would be considered gross and immature by the aduience. But I do think there could be hope for it if the cartoon was adjusted to fit the times, a few things would be kept to keep true to the plot and characters of course.
  • Awesome show. All i need to say.

This show was one of my favorites. I watched it all the time and I miss it. They should deffinately bring this show back. Ickis was my favorite. I loved how they always got into trouble. i w a n t n i c k e l o d e o n t o b r i n g t h i s s h o w b a c k n o w. Im sorry I dont really know what else to say about it which is why Im trying to fill atleast 100 words. So thats my review.. bye.
  • this show is off da heezy!

these monsters are funny, stinky and scary all at the same time! anybody from the ages of 3 to 60 could watch this show and laugh and laugh till' u can't laugh anymore! If they don't bring this show back they at least need to show re-runs every once in awhile
  • Very under-rated old nicktoon.

This show is highly underappreciated. If you're a fan of Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, or Angry Beavers, you will probably like this show. It has some of the off the wall humor of Ren & Stimpy, but is also a bit more sophisticated. It features humor that you have to catch, and if you watched it when you were younger, you probably didn't get that humor then. It always has a much steadier plot than shows like Rocko's Modern Life. Unlike most nicktoons, this show revolves almost completely around the plot. With the combination of what I've just told you, the great characters, and the unique animation, this show is a classic.
  • A show about monsters to be the best at scaring school.

I remember watching this show when I was really young and it's about three monsters tring to scare humans and they always go on crazy adventures, the characters are good and I mostly like The Gromble he is one hilarous monster and one funny teacher. Ickis Oblina and Krumm are cool too. Another classic Nicktoon that was fun to watch.
  • I grew up with this show & still love it!

Oh wow, this is definately one of the shows that made me really happy when I was little. I still can't beleive that it's gone. It was airing on Nicktoons Network for a little while & that was great, but now it seems that they have also removed the classic cartoon for some stupid shows they beleive are great. *coughkappamikeycough* well Nick can start doing what mtv dose, make a new channle that they **** up (sorry)
    I got a little off topic didn't I?
    anyway it's a show about monsters who are still learning how to be champion scarers. they are basically in a boarding school, & the three main monsters (Oblina, Ickis, Krumm) are not exactly the most popular students or the best at scareing. so it shows random days & adventures that these 3 and some of the other students have. I say Nick should bring it back... NOW
  • This is a show about a group of monsters that go to school and learn how to scare away humans.

OMG OMG I used to absolutely love this show. It wasn't scary and it wasn't on for very long. It's so much better than the rubbish new Nick shows. I'd get up extra early in the morning every day just to watch this show, or I'd have my dad record it for me. It was so funny and such a shame that it had to be taken off the air. I know these creatures are weird-looking and ugly, but that's the whole point of the show. My dad would say the show was weird and stupid, but it wasn't! Can someone please bring this show back on tha air!!!
  • One of the best Nicktoons of the 90's.

Real Monsters revolves around mainly 3 monsters, Ickis, Oblina and Krumm. They go to the Monster Academy, which is underneath the city dump, and taught by their strict teacher The Gromble.

Ickis is the monster of the trio that is always nervous and scared and has a hard time in the Academy, and he looks like a purple rabbit. Oblina is the brains and is eloquent, and looks like a candy cane with big red lips. Krumm is the weirdest looking of the trio, as he holds his eyes in his hands and his specialty is his armpit stench.

Some of their antics had me crying with laughter when I first started watching this show, and still do when the reruns are on TV. Bring it back Nick!
  • Aaahh! Real Great Cartoons!

Aaahh! Real Monsters! Need I explain more? I was really excited to see another show from Klasky Csupo, the geniuses who made Rugrats. In my opinion, this is just as good as that show. Each character in the show had a different appeal and they were unique from one another, and in each episode there were new, more hilarious jokes. Man, Nickelodeon made such great cartoons back in the 90s, now instead of cartoons they're acting like their sister channel TeenNick. I don't know if this is the president's doing or not, but hopefully one day I can return to the channel. If Nick had a heart they would at least play reruns of this.
  • I can't say very many bad things about this show, that's how good it is.

I really love this show, what can I say? The story was great, the plot was excellent, the general storyline was superb, the animation was brillant... oh gosh, stop me. I can go on all day but that is just the tip of the iceberg. If there is any show to petition for, this is your ticket, man, this is your show. Although petitions work as good as a VHS in a DVD player, but that's beside the point. I think that this show could be a bit better rated, because personally I think it deserves better than (currently) an 8.1. It definately deservers a 90/100.
  • WOW! This show freakin' rocks! This show follows the adventures of three adolescent monsters,who go to monster academy to learn how to scare people. They always stick together,sometimes literally! It was a good show that used to come on Nickelodeon fr

WOW! This show freakin' rocks! Much better than the crap that comes on nickelodeon now. It used to come on Nickelodeon. Then it came on the Nicktoons channel. Now it doesn't come on at all! Those bastards! I saw two episodes at my friend's house. He has Comcast Digital Cable. His obnoxious brother kept turning the television off. His brother is actually older than him! He doesn't act like it! Well anyway this show rocks,and they need to put it back on. It has yet to be released on DVD. I did see a shirt of it in Hot Topic. It says Nick Rewind on the tag place,so they might be releasing it on DVD soon.
  • A great show about an academy for monsters.

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters was another great Nick Toon that was fun to watch. To me it was also Klasky Csupo's very best cartoon. It was often quite invetive and all the characters had their own unique personalities, much like Monsters Inc. It's just a shame that Nick no longer make great shows like this. They've really went right downhill and now have garbage like "Fairly Odd Parents" and a show by the same creator, "Danny Phantom". For me neither of these shows are that great and are overrated by fans. I will forever miss Retro Nick. Anyway, that concludes my review. Peace!!
  • A secret society of monsters living underground!

This was my favorite show by Klasky-Csupo, back in the 90s. The premise was that monsters DO exist, underground, beneath a dump. The monsters' main purpose in life is to scare humans, and if they fail to do so in a long period of time, they start to vanish (as revealed in one episode). To educate them on how to perfect their scaring techniques, young monsters attend the Monster Academy, headed by a strange four-legged guy named the Gromble. The monsters go out and scare, and then replay the situations through a viewfinder. And if they fail an assignment, they have to be punished by the Snorch, and his little winged assistant Zimbo. The main characters here are Ickis, a magenta monster with rabbit ears, though a scaredy-monster, can still pull off a scare. Oblina looks like a candy cane with lips, but can also pull her innards out of her mouth. And Krumm is an incredibly smelly guy who holds his eyes in his hands. Klasky-Csupo's somewhat ugly style fits the show perfectly. And I must admit I had more fun watching the monsters than I did with Rugrats, KC's more popular creation.
  • The show takes us through the struggles of life as a child monster. Three monster friends are studying how to scare humans in school. Often their attempts don't work out as planned and they end up in alot of fun adventures.

This kind of material can easily make one lose his lunch. But it's still one of the many most imaginative cartoons ever made. I like the threesome between Ickis, Krumm, and Oblina, and I love the Gromble's delivery. A lot of the stories are very funny. Some involve Krumm having explosive hiccups, some feature Oblina losing her brain, while others might have Ickis controlling time with a seemingly ordinary clock.

Overall, Real Monsters is a definite winner. Sadly, it's rarely seen on TV these days. It's a shame that a studio that once produced such wonderful cartoons are now generating bottom-feeders' delight like The Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power, new Rugrats, and As Told by Ginger. And although Nick has the right idea of showing SpongeBob and the OddParents, they seriously can't afford anymore bad cartoons, especially from Klasky-Csupo. Their reign of terror WILL soon come to an end -- MARK MY WORDS!
  • brings me somewhat enjoy...

basically about monsters who live in a junk yard.
    its a school and every1s..... well special in sum way possibile lol.
    i liked this show becoz it was its own idea until sum people copied it like.... monsters inc.
    but thats a bit more different. lol
    i put this as bring it back but it already is back on nicktoons.
    aww well i've written enough!
  • A cartoon about monsters being real, and shows what they do besides hinding under your bed, or in the closet. This series involves 3 monsters learning how to be scary by attending a "Monster Accadmy". But being a scary monster isn't as easy as it looks.

This is one of my favorite shows from Nickeloen.

And the best "Klasy Scope(sp?)" cartoon.

It's cool, funny, and a joy to watch.

The drawing styles are unique and features some humorious voice talents.

If you like monster, weird stuff and lots of garbage than you'll love "Real Monsters"

Trust me it's really cool to watch.
  • Could have been worse, but it wasn't bad at all

This program, like many of its fellow 1990's shows was a truly spectacular program. I grew up in the 90's and I can safely say that all those shows were just about perfect in my book. This show had it's bad sides, where it was a bit on the disgusting side, and sometimes it scared me, but it was always something that I looked forward to watching. It was thrilling, and definitely fun to see. I miss the show quite a bit now, and if it were to be put out on DVD, I would definitely want the episodes. If you ever see this show, give it a chance, I guarantee you'd love it.
  • This is no ordinary school, and no ordinary students either... Welcome to the Monster Academy, where students learn the terrifying tricks of the monster trade, and get the necessary qualifications for a life of advance scarifying (their GCS-Eeks?).

This series, I used to watch when I was a kid. I use to wait for it to come on television everyday. It was a very funny kid series at the time when it was airing on television. Anyway, it was a great series and should be list as a classic when it come to cartoons for kids. To parents who don't mind their kids watching cartoons like this will be great for them. Anyway, the series was funny, cool and a great series for kids. I was glad I was able to watch it when I could. Get it for your kids.
  • This was a very good show that aired in Nick.

This show was so good in the time it used to air in TV. I really liked the character like Ickis, and Omblima and various other that were very good and the show lasted for many years in which made it a great one. Also this show deserves a great rating for it's episodes that had many scary and funny things in them. The place they use to live was scary. But it had many monsters in it, in fact it was a monster academy that I think it was really cool. I liked the way they used to scare people because it seemed funny and all. For being a great show I give it a 8.6 great rating for my review.
  • A good show from the company that brought us Rugrats

Thanks to the magic of Netflix, I was able to rediscover this show. I can distinctly remember being scared of this show when it was originally on Nickelodeon, but it was more because of all the screaming than the actual monsters. Now that I'm older and more mature...well, older anyway, I was able to see this show in a new light. And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by just how good it is.

Basically, "AAAHH!!! Real Monsters" is a show about monsters living in the same world as humans. In order to exist, monsters must regularly scare humans. The main characters are Ickis, Krumm, and Oblina, three young monsters attending school on how to scare humans.

Each main character is distinct in their own way: Ickis feels that he needs to live up to the legacy his father (a very successful scarer) has made, leaving him very insecure; Oblina is the top student at school, as opposed to her two more laid-back friends, so she sometimes comes off as a know-it-alll; and Krumm...is a happy-go-lucky, smelly guy who holds his eyeballs in his hands.

Despite the fact that these three characters are so drastically different, they're best friends. At the end of the day, they'll do anything for each other. That's what I like about the show; beneath all the over-the-top scary faces and screaming, it's a show about three friends who aren't perfect, but are willing to do anything each other when the going got tough. Even the Gromble, the trio's sadistic teacher, has moments that show that he wants his students to succeed, even though he also revels in making them miserable. Of course, it also helps that the Gromble is one of those characters inspired by the Blue Meanies from "Yellow Submarine." ^_^

So, in case you haven't figured it out yet, "AAAHH!!! Real Monsters" is one of those rare shows that has managed to rub me the right way. I give it a thumbs-up.
  • Aaahhhh!!!!!!!! Real Monsters: An OK Show

Aaahh!! Real Monsters was an American animated television series about adolescent monsters in training, developed by Klasky-Csupo for Nickelodeon. The show ran for four seasons on Nickelodeon's main United States cable channel. The show focuses on three monsters in particular (Ickis, Oblina and Krumm) who attend a school for monsters under a city dump and learn to frighten humans. Many of the episodes revolve around the monsters making it to the surface in order to perform "scares" as class assignments. The show was fairly popular in its time, though it never reached the level of popularity attained by SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Rugrats, or The Ren and Stimpy Show for example.
  • Funny stuff from Nickelodeon

3 monsters who go to a monster academy and learn how to scare humans.

Its a really cool idea for a show. Ickis, Krum and Oblenia? (Geeze its been so long since I've seen this show I have forgotten her name)

This is one of the more memorable cartoons I used to watch along with Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life and a few others.

Toenails are like currency for some reason! An odd idea but I like it. There are so many things that are completely off the wall about this show. Just the originality of all the different kinds of monsters was enough to keep me interested. They came in all shapes and sizes and they had so many different methods of scaring humans.
  • this is a child hood fav for me.

i remeber watching this show and loving it, i hope they bring it on dvd out here soon. this was one of the cartoons i would watch on Nick it great the story of a school where monsters go to learn and scare kids and the monsters there were great and the teacher just an awesome kids tv show.

the animation was great and a really funny cartoon and my fav monster was the one how he had to hold his eyes, it is just a great show. this show was so perfect for morning watching and thats when i will always remember watching it.
< 1 2