Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

Nickelodeon (ended 1997)

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters Fan Reviews (56)

• TERRIBLE!

This show is terrible! I hate it! Glad it's gone. I think half these shows from 5 years ago stunk! I don't wanna carry on how much this stinks, but I need 100 words. Gag! This is just plain terrible and ashamed it was made. Jeez! Still not 100 words, that's why it stinks. I can't explain how bad it is in 100 words since it stinks too much!
  • Not exactly one of my faves.

2.1
    It did have its moments but enough of them to catch my intrest. The animation was aweful. It looked like someone was drunk when they made the show. The characters are too poorly drawn and look like a drunk person drew them while getting over a hang over. I am just glad it no longer airs.
  • Gross!

4.5
    Aaahh!!! Real Monsters is one of the worst shows on the planet plus it's gross especially the way Krumm likes rolling in the mud it maybe one of the worst shows ever but it does have some moments it's quite funny sometimes but most of the time it's very very corny i hate Oblina she is such a jerk to Ickis and Krumm and yet they never do anything to her the only characters which are ACTUALLY good are: Ickis Krumm(When he's not being gross) and The Gromble i am so glad this show is cancelled sadly it still shows repeats on Nicktoons UK in the holidays they just showed Invader ZIM now Rocko(i like this show though) and Real Monsters are back on the air i am unhappy this show is back on the air on Nicktoons UK i hate coming down and seeing this show on i only watch this show because nothing else is on other than that this show sucks and i am glad this show is cancelled!
  • It\'s OK.

4.8
    \"If you think your school is a dump, think yourself lucky you don\'t go to the Monster Academy. It\'s UNDERNEATH one!

But then again, this is no ordinary school - and Ickis, Krumm and Oblina are no ordinary students...Welcome to the land of AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, where, at the Monster Academy, up-and-coming students learn the terrifying tricks of the monster trade, and get the necessary qualifications for a life of advance scarifying (their GCS-Eeks?).

Here, the insecure Ickis, the stinky-armpitted Krumm, and the candycane-shaped Oblina deal with issues like how to best scare supermarket shoppers, where to hide under the bed, and what to do with your eyeballs when you\'re not holding them in your mouth (here\'s a hint: juggle them).

All of this goes on under the watchful eyes of their teacher, the fearful Gromble. While these walking nightmares always find new ways to get into trouble, they survive their adventures by sticking together, sometimes literally!\"

Okay, let me get this straight. The animation sucks, but that\'s OK. The characters are OK, episodes are unoriginal/have already been done and is kind of funny.
  • Worse movie/song ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie/song ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called Aaahh!!! Real Monsters in the first place?
  • ah yes this was a brillant show but degusting

5.9
    this show was on since i was born it was an ok show but brings laugther to everyone but when we grew older we started hating the show because it was childish and full with main ideas we dont like to seee for insents the characther was eyes hanging on his head and that girl who looks like an umberlla and that other i just dont know it just degusting show but its kinda of cool my freinds seem to enjoy and so do everyone else poeple say it an 8. something but im glad thhose ugly monsters got a good rating so thats it
  • I couldn't stand this show at first, but I began to think it was ok in the end.

Ahhhh! REal Monsters is definintly a nicktoons classic. Although I didn't really watch the show, it was one of the longest running original nicktoons in Nickelodeon's history. I didn't really care for the animation though. That what really kept me from watching the show. However, I decided to wathc an episode one day, and it was pretty funny. I believe I saw the episodes from the last season. The monster and the way they looked also kept me from watching this show, but i overlooked that in the end. My favorite in particular was the smart allec rabbit, so little to have so much lip
  • Borderline acceptable. How far down has television sunk to these days. Not to disrespect the creators of SHOW but I guess it's simply the trend of tv these days (nothing good on.) Time poorly wasted.

Borderline acceptable. How far down has television sunk to these days. Not to disrespect the creators of Real monsters but I guess it's simply the trend of tv these days (nothing good on.) Time poorly wasted.There goes thirty minutes of my like that I won't get back.It is really hard to belive.

• im sorry.. but i just dont like the show that much... it had no real point... i admit.. it IS funny.. but i just dont think that its good tv material... besides.. the characters where made on the back of a napkin...thats just gross

im sorry.. but i just dont like the show that much... it had no real point... i admit.. it IS funny.. but i just dont think that its good tv material... besides.. the characters where made on the back of a napkin...thats just gross.. i think im really happy its gon... it want good for tv
  • past it's prime,but if it ever comes on tv again try to catch a bit,you'll little brothers or sisters might like it also so maybe give a shout out to them.highly ovverrated name.trust me.

6.1
    i ust to watch this show when i was little in the mornings on nickelodeon.i like it.sometimes kids can be sturrborn and even when there mom and dad say that theres no such things as monsters they can still believe.some kids can get really paronoid about them too,so it was good that a show like that was around showing little kids that monsters don't have to always be scary they can have a soft touch too.this show is also pretty funny at times.they should bring this show back because kids do still go through monster phases and they should watch this show untill they grow out of it.parents might be scared because of the shows name but i think it's sort of being sarcastic,after they see this show they'll probably wish that those monsters lived in their closets or under there beds.fun to watch even if you don't believe in monsters.sometimes the show has very funny themes.i think they should bring it back on saturday mornings but if they did they probably would only get mostly pre-schoolers in because juniors are more into yugioh and things these days.definetly past it's prime day.
  • It's a program for the kiddies.

6.3
    Aaaah! Real Monsters was my favorite show as a child and I enjoy looking back on it. Though as I've grown older, it's just not appealing anymore. This is to be expected and should be by everyone else. The only reason why viewers have stopped enjoying it is because they've simply grown out of it. I for one still think it should be enjoyed among certain age groups and less by others.
  • It was decent enough

6.4
    There's nothing awful about this show. I wasn't a big fan, but I watched it once or twice when I was really bored or there was nothing else on. The animation was quite good though, and the characters were somehow good when you get used to them. It was definitely not a bad show, and it had it's good moments that anyone could watch, and I have to admit this is original!

It's okay IMO. Not my favourite, but FAR from the worst!
  • Another same show.

There are many shows that I think is fine,but I don't like them.I got Kablam,Rocko's Modern Life,Action League Now and Hey Arnold.This one is one of them.I like Ickis.He is my favorite character on this show.Well,Nick has put on a bunch of shows like the ones I just explainded to you earlier.Krumm is maybe fine,but Oliva or whatever her name is is pretty much ugly like her eyes.Ickis scare with his eyes turning red is great and this show is pretty great too.I grade this show a B because it's like my other fine shows on Nickelodeon that are not one of my favorites.
  • The Precursor to Monsters Inc.

AAAAGH Real weird! This show was interesting, but not quite, how you say, "I absolutely love this show" material. The main idea was pretty original, the monsters at Monster School go off and scare people. That's about all there was too it though. They just went on a different adventure scaring different people in each episode. The one thing that I really did like about the show was their underground lair in the garbage pile, how the elevator was a big bird cage that went down into the garbage, and how it was all kept secret from the humans. I liked that, it seemed cool. The only thing that this show did though is spawn a super crappy video game on SNES and possibly give some Disney Inc. employee the rough sketch of an idea for "Monsters Inc."
  • good show for kids who are afraid of monsters

6.8
    i think that they should put this show on more because it shows little children that are scared of mosters hiding under the bed waiting for you to get up to grab your feet or mosters hiding in your closet ready to jump out at you when you open it that theres nothing to be afraid of they are just like you and me on the inside(even though there not real)sort of reminds you of monsters inc.i think that this show should also be shown more because there\'s alot of bad shows and movies on tv these days what scare little kids,and it\'s nice to see something has been made like this so children acually want there to be monsters in there room because on the show they all have there own personality\'s which make them fun!and even if you don\'t believe in monsters and arn\'t afraid of them you still should watch this if you\'ve got some spare time,good funny set out.
  • Ahhhh! What was this about anyway?!

7.2
    When this show came on in the 90's, my friend Brad told me about it and then I decided to watch it. It seemed okay. Basically this colony of monsters are assigned scaring projects from a strict teacher with high-heels. Ickis, Krumm, and Oblina were the trio who lived with one another. Sometimes I thought Ickis was a coward until he got mad. Then he would grow in size and his eyes would turn red. Krumm had to hold on to his eyes all the time and smelled bad. Oblina looked like an umbrella without the cover. I thought that the artwork was subpar. It is related to the artwork with another cartoon called "The Wild Thornberries", which I don't like. The only good part of the show was when they actually scared people.
  • This used to be one of my favorite shows...

7.3
    This show used to be the highlight of my day when i was seven. Ickis was my favorite character. the show was funny because the gang always got into trouble, basically my childhood, but thats another story. I felt the show reflected what life was like for children back then. Teachers yelling at us and being with your friends. The machine in the show to see your memories was awesome. i was that was real so i could use it, unless it got me in trouble like it did for Ickis when he was late for monster class. This show should be brought back. At least play the reruns once in a while.
  • Better than Mighty Son Of A B!

This was another good classical Nicktoon that crapped-out Nickelodeon had to cancel. it was the third best Klasky-Csupo cartoon next to The Simpsons and Duckman. I loved Ickis, he got himself into all sorts of trouble while trying to scare someone(much like Mike, from Monsters Inc). Krumm is sort of a creepy, but funny character. Krumm's eyeballs are not attached to his body, because he holds them in his hands. Olbina is a rich black and white monster that looks like a worm. The Gromble is the teacher, ehh... he wasn't too important. The Snorch is a big disabled monster who punishes the students who break the rules.There was another monster who looks like a bee with a hairy leg with green hair.Simon is the monster that tries to capture Ickis for some reason, I don't like him! He tries and tries and always fails. Why didn't he give up? He's my least fave of the show (much like Plankton). Overall, a good classical Nicktoon but had some potty humor at times. I could see how this show was related to The Simpsons.

Final Grade: B

Would be A+ if it didn't have potty humor *cough* Ren & Stimpy.
  • AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! This show is AWSOME!

This is a great show. I loved coming home from school and this show was coming on and I would get a sandwich and sit and watch this show. The show was funny and disgusting. I loved it. It kinda reminded me of Ren & Stimpy, but not as bad. I loved watching it but i wouldn't say it was one of the best shows but it was still pretty good. I can't watch it now because I have seen every episode and now the show is kind of boring to me now because it is not one that you could watch over and over again. Not many people appreciated the show like some people did. It was a "scary" (yeah right) cartoon for kids (if they was like 2 yrs. old) that was fun to watch. Everyone should watch it and see what i mean and I believe that some of the people would feel like me.
  • I remember this show! its been soo long sinse ive seen it though :( dang if anyone knows where i can find episodes please share with me.

Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...
  • A monster that doesn't manage to be scary at all and is usually described as some sort of rabbit? That's something new and better than it sounds.

7.7
    There have been other cartoons about monsters as well, but Aaahh!!! Real Monsters nevertheless still is my favourite. I like the main characters, the settings, the graphics - everything.

First I needed to get used to the graphics, like all Klarsky-Csupo-productions (written right? I'm not sure) it doesn't look like the usual stuff - at least not at the time it came out. But once I had gotten used to the way Ickis, Krumm and Oblina were drawn, I really enjoyed the series. The episodes were funny and not always predictable (even for a real cartoon-junkie who thinks she's seen it all), the characters both weird and familiar (weird in looks and familiar in character and emotions) and the setting was interesting. After all, who would have thought that monsters have a school at the city dump?

I really would love to see the series again soon, there's sure worse than Ickis and the other monsters out there at the moment.
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, is one of the few good Nick shows. If only they knew which shows were actually worth canceling.

7.9
    This show is similar to CatDog in many ways.
    They both didn't rely on humour; They both remind me of when I was young; They're both good, and they didn't deserve to be canceled. Thankfully, all episodes are available online; a great place to revisit old memories of this show.

This review would be a lot more accurate if I had seen more episodes of this show but I have seen about 5 recently, so I'm pretty aware of what this show is about.
    Definitely a show to check out, and by far one of the best shows ever to be on Nickelodeon.
  • this is a child hood fav for me.

i remeber watching this show and loving it, i hope they bring it on dvd out here soon. this was one of the cartoons i would watch on Nick it great the story of a school where monsters go to learn and scare kids and the monsters there were great and the teacher just an awesome kids tv show.

the animation was great and a really funny cartoon and my fav monster was the one how he had to hold his eyes, it is just a great show. this show was so perfect for morning watching and thats when i will always remember watching it.
  • I believe that this series could have been a lot better, as I have never cared too much about toilet humor, but I believe that it was a classic and I wish I would have watched more episodes.

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters was a classic animated program that I used to enjoy watching, though I'm sure I would still enjoy watching it if it were still on the air. However, I always disliked some of the intentionally gross details of the series; I know toilet humor was popularized by Ren & Stimpy, but I honestly believe that more of an emphasis should have been placed on the monsters scaring people. Most episodes focused on that, I know, but I believe that they didn't focus on that fact enough; the series had a ton of potential, and even though I believe it was a successful series, I feel that it could have been better than it was. With that said, I have no further complaints; I loved the characters, especially Ickis, and I believe that the series used all of the characters rather well. People won't be able to watch the series, since it's no longer on television, but I believe it was a great animated program and it's one of the shows I'll remember whenever I think about animation in the 1990s.
  • A classic Nicktoon. The characters were original, and there was nothing like it.

This was one of the more classic Nicktoons. I always pictured this show as one of my favorite ou there. The plots were halarious, and I would really enjoy having this show back on the air. I was greatful that they brought this show to the Nicktoons channel, but I don't even think it airs anymore. This is a show, that deserves to be back on, because there is no other show like it, and it is packed with comedy and great characters. Ickis was always my favorite character, because of his squeky voice, and his ability to grow in size. Oblina was a useful monster, seeing as see sometimes helped the crew, using her oddly-shaped body, to get them out of danger. Krumm was a nasty, but funny, laid back monster that I thought was alright, but when the're all together, you can't beat that.
  • this show should have got more attention.

I think this show was a really awesome show.
    i really love the charecters. I wish that they would have made more dolls and things of them. I mean you cant even find them at hottopics! BUt anyways all im saying is that when ever you have the chance to watch this show you should because its really great.
  • Funny stuff from Nickelodeon

3 monsters who go to a monster academy and learn how to scare humans.

Its a really cool idea for a show. Ickis, Krum and Oblenia? (Geeze its been so long since I've seen this show I have forgotten her name)

This is one of the more memorable cartoons I used to watch along with Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life and a few others.

Toenails are like currency for some reason! An odd idea but I like it. There are so many things that are completely off the wall about this show. Just the originality of all the different kinds of monsters was enough to keep me interested. They came in all shapes and sizes and they had so many different methods of scaring humans.
  • A good show from the company that brought us Rugrats

Thanks to the magic of Netflix, I was able to rediscover this show. I can distinctly remember being scared of this show when it was originally on Nickelodeon, but it was more because of all the screaming than the actual monsters. Now that I'm older and more mature...well, older anyway, I was able to see this show in a new light. And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by just how good it is.

Basically, "AAAHH!!! Real Monsters" is a show about monsters living in the same world as humans. In order to exist, monsters must regularly scare humans. The main characters are Ickis, Krumm, and Oblina, three young monsters attending school on how to scare humans.

Each main character is distinct in their own way: Ickis feels that he needs to live up to the legacy his father (a very successful scarer) has made, leaving him very insecure; Oblina is the top student at school, as opposed to her two more laid-back friends, so she sometimes comes off as a know-it-alll; and Krumm...is a happy-go-lucky, smelly guy who holds his eyeballs in his hands.

Despite the fact that these three characters are so drastically different, they're best friends. At the end of the day, they'll do anything for each other. That's what I like about the show; beneath all the over-the-top scary faces and screaming, it's a show about three friends who aren't perfect, but are willing to do anything each other when the going got tough. Even the Gromble, the trio's sadistic teacher, has moments that show that he wants his students to succeed, even though he also revels in making them miserable. Of course, it also helps that the Gromble is one of those characters inspired by the Blue Meanies from "Yellow Submarine." ^_^

So, in case you haven't figured it out yet, "AAAHH!!! Real Monsters" is one of those rare shows that has managed to rub me the right way. I give it a thumbs-up.
  • Aaahhhh!!!!!!!! Real Monsters: An OK Show

Aaahh!! Real Monsters was an American animated television series about adolescent monsters in training, developed by Klasky-Csupo for Nickelodeon. The show ran for four seasons on Nickelodeon's main United States cable channel. The show focuses on three monsters in particular (Ickis, Oblina and Krumm) who attend a school for monsters under a city dump and learn to frighten humans. Many of the episodes revolve around the monsters making it to the surface in order to perform "scares" as class assignments. The show was fairly popular in its time, though it never reached the level of popularity attained by SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Rugrats, or The Ren and Stimpy Show for example.
  • This is no ordinary school, and no ordinary students either... Welcome to the Monster Academy, where students learn the terrifying tricks of the monster trade, and get the necessary qualifications for a life of advance scarifying (their GCS-Eeks?).

This series, I used to watch when I was a kid. I use to wait for it to come on television everyday. It was a very funny kid series at the time when it was airing on television. Anyway, it was a great series and should be list as a classic when it come to cartoons for kids. To parents who don't mind their kids watching cartoons like this will be great for them. Anyway, the series was funny, cool and a great series for kids. I was glad I was able to watch it when I could. Get it for your kids.
< 1 2