Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

Nickelodeon (ended 1997)

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters Fan Reviews (56)

• Very under-rated old nicktoon.

This show is highly underappreciated. If you're a fan of Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, or Angry Beavers, you will probably like this show. It has some of the off the wall humor of Ren & Stimpy, but is also a bit more sophisticated. It features humor that you have to catch, and if you watched it when you were younger, you probably didn't get that humor then. It always has a much steadier plot than shows like Rocko's Modern Life. Unlike most nicktoons, this show revolves almost completely around the plot. With the combination of what I've just told you, the great characters, and the unique animation, this show is a classic.
  • A cartoon about monsters being real, and shows what they do besides hinding under your bed, or in the closet. This series involves 3 monsters learning how to be scary by attending a "Monster Accadmy". But being a scary monster isn't as easy as it looks.

This is one of my favorite shows from Nickeloen.

And the best "Klasy Scope(sp?)" cartoon.

It's cool, funny, and a joy to watch.

The drawing styles are unique and features some humorious voice talents.

If you like monster, weird stuff and lots of garbage than you'll love "Real Monsters"

Trust me it's really cool to watch.
  • one of the good shows of my time. i grew up watchin this and it ceases to amuse me. i miss this show greatly.

great showw. i wish it were still on the air. the day nickelodeon cancelled this almost brought a tear to my eye. not really, but i was indeed very sad. its definatly a class nickelodeon show not like the crap there comin out with now and days . i mean really. nick went down the drain
  • this show should have got more attention.

I think this show was a really awesome show.
    i really love the charecters. I wish that they would have made more dolls and things of them. I mean you cant even find them at hottopics! BUt anyways all im saying is that when ever you have the chance to watch this show you should because its really great.
  • A monster that doesn't manage to be scary at all and is usually described as some sort of rabbit? That's something new and better than it sounds.

7.7
    There have been other cartoons about monsters as well, but Aaahh!!! Real Monsters nevertheless still is my favourite. I like the main characters, the settings, the graphics - everything.

First I needed to get used to the graphics, like all Klarsky-Csupo-productions (written right? I'm not sure) it doesn't look like the usual stuff - at least not at the time it came out. But once I had gotten used to the way Ickis, Krumm and Oblina were drawn, I really enjoyed the series. The episodes were funny and not always predictable (even for a real cartoon-junkie who thinks she's seen it all), the characters both weird and familiar (weird in looks and familiar in character and emotions) and the setting was interesting. After all, who would have thought that monsters have a school at the city dump?

I really would love to see the series again soon, there's sure worse than Ickis and the other monsters out there at the moment.
  • Ahhhh! What was this about anyway?!

7.2
    When this show came on in the 90's, my friend Brad told me about it and then I decided to watch it. It seemed okay. Basically this colony of monsters are assigned scaring projects from a strict teacher with high-heels. Ickis, Krumm, and Oblina were the trio who lived with one another. Sometimes I thought Ickis was a coward until he got mad. Then he would grow in size and his eyes would turn red. Krumm had to hold on to his eyes all the time and smelled bad. Oblina looked like an umbrella without the cover. I thought that the artwork was subpar. It is related to the artwork with another cartoon called "The Wild Thornberries", which I don't like. The only good part of the show was when they actually scared people.
  • The Precursor to Monsters Inc.

AAAAGH Real weird! This show was interesting, but not quite, how you say, "I absolutely love this show" material. The main idea was pretty original, the monsters at Monster School go off and scare people. That's about all there was too it though. They just went on a different adventure scaring different people in each episode. The one thing that I really did like about the show was their underground lair in the garbage pile, how the elevator was a big bird cage that went down into the garbage, and how it was all kept secret from the humans. I liked that, it seemed cool. The only thing that this show did though is spawn a super crappy video game on SNES and possibly give some Disney Inc. employee the rough sketch of an idea for "Monsters Inc."
  • this show is off da heezy!

these monsters are funny, stinky and scary all at the same time! anybody from the ages of 3 to 60 could watch this show and laugh and laugh till' u can't laugh anymore! If they don't bring this show back they at least need to show re-runs every once in awhile
  • im sorry.. but i just dont like the show that much... it had no real point... i admit.. it IS funny.. but i just dont think that its good tv material... besides.. the characters where made on the back of a napkin...thats just gross

im sorry.. but i just dont like the show that much... it had no real point... i admit.. it IS funny.. but i just dont think that its good tv material... besides.. the characters where made on the back of a napkin...thats just gross.. i think im really happy its gon... it want good for tv
  • It's a program for the kiddies.

6.3
    Aaaah! Real Monsters was my favorite show as a child and I enjoy looking back on it. Though as I've grown older, it's just not appealing anymore. This is to be expected and should be by everyone else. The only reason why viewers have stopped enjoying it is because they've simply grown out of it. I for one still think it should be enjoyed among certain age groups and less by others.
  • I really like this show when I was growing up. (my wurst review ever)

Nickelodeon. What a Great Network. Those were the thoughts I had back in the time of 1992-1996 because they made some of the GREATEST cartoons EVER! Ren & Stimpy, Cow and Chicken and...Ahh! Real Monsters. Now, This came on the air when I was 8 (I'm 16 Now) And I absolutely LOVED the Show. It was so funny and it was very compelling. Even if you didn't find it funny, It was Just So Fun to watch. The wacky misadventures had me on the edge of my seat, waiting for the outcome of the episode, seeing what would happen. I would Tremble when Ickis was about to get caught in the Principals (I forgot his name, but I remember he had red shoes and grayish Moustache and he was an aqua blue) office, When Krum Lost his eye (Krum was my All-time favorite, that holding-your-eyes-with-your-hands Idea was pure GENIUS!) It was just so good. I can see many people agree with me. I didn't know ANYONE that hated the show. It goes off TV in about 1996, but I catch it on a few other channels now and then. 1997, I dont see it at ALL!!! I hadn't seen an episode in months (I was about 13 then) and I was going insane. Luckily, My Friend taped some episodes in 1995 and I went straight over to watch them. Then He lost them in about a week. I mean, he hadn't watched them for about 2 years, then he dug them out, and lost them in a week! I was Angry! Nickelodeon SUCKS now. Rocket Power, Wild Hornberries, As Told by Ginger, They all suck like a Vacuum and even all the newer ones too. Come on! Bring back Ahhh! Real Monsters and get the ideas you had before. Whoever cancelled this show, if you are reading this, Shoot Yourself!
  • Nicktoon classic

This is another classic nicktoon that got cancelled. Don't know the reason for that is. Aaahhh!!! Real Monsters centers around three "monsters-in-training" as you would call them, Ickis, Krum, and Oblina who live in a dump, and go to school. They go out every night trying to scare kids, Sometimes it worked other times it was humorous results. The next morning they would set in the viewfinder and show they scares to the gromble like a share and tell but more like a "Scare and tell". Anyways normally all of them except Oblina whould get told off for a poor job. A good show full of humor, not really scary moments but probably for little kids.
  • WOW! This show freakin' rocks! This show follows the adventures of three adolescent monsters,who go to monster academy to learn how to scare people. They always stick together,sometimes literally! It was a good show that used to come on Nickelodeon fr

WOW! This show freakin' rocks! Much better than the crap that comes on nickelodeon now. It used to come on Nickelodeon. Then it came on the Nicktoons channel. Now it doesn't come on at all! Those bastards! I saw two episodes at my friend's house. He has Comcast Digital Cable. His obnoxious brother kept turning the television off. His brother is actually older than him! He doesn't act like it! Well anyway this show rocks,and they need to put it back on. It has yet to be released on DVD. I did see a shirt of it in Hot Topic. It says Nick Rewind on the tag place,so they might be releasing it on DVD soon.
  • brings me somewhat enjoy...

basically about monsters who live in a junk yard.
    its a school and every1s..... well special in sum way possibile lol.
    i liked this show becoz it was its own idea until sum people copied it like.... monsters inc.
    but thats a bit more different. lol
    i put this as bring it back but it already is back on nicktoons.
    aww well i've written enough!
  • Funny stuff from Nickelodeon

3 monsters who go to a monster academy and learn how to scare humans.

Its a really cool idea for a show. Ickis, Krum and Oblenia? (Geeze its been so long since I've seen this show I have forgotten her name)

This is one of the more memorable cartoons I used to watch along with Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life and a few others.

Toenails are like currency for some reason! An odd idea but I like it. There are so many things that are completely off the wall about this show. Just the originality of all the different kinds of monsters was enough to keep me interested. They came in all shapes and sizes and they had so many different methods of scaring humans.
  • One of the best Nicktoons of the 90's.

Real Monsters revolves around mainly 3 monsters, Ickis, Oblina and Krumm. They go to the Monster Academy, which is underneath the city dump, and taught by their strict teacher The Gromble.

Ickis is the monster of the trio that is always nervous and scared and has a hard time in the Academy, and he looks like a purple rabbit. Oblina is the brains and is eloquent, and looks like a candy cane with big red lips. Krumm is the weirdest looking of the trio, as he holds his eyes in his hands and his specialty is his armpit stench.

Some of their antics had me crying with laughter when I first started watching this show, and still do when the reruns are on TV. Bring it back Nick!
  • Not exactly one of my faves.

2.1
    It did have its moments but enough of them to catch my intrest. The animation was aweful. It looked like someone was drunk when they made the show. The characters are too poorly drawn and look like a drunk person drew them while getting over a hang over. I am just glad it no longer airs.
  • past it's prime,but if it ever comes on tv again try to catch a bit,you'll little brothers or sisters might like it also so maybe give a shout out to them.highly ovverrated name.trust me.

6.1
    i ust to watch this show when i was little in the mornings on nickelodeon.i like it.sometimes kids can be sturrborn and even when there mom and dad say that theres no such things as monsters they can still believe.some kids can get really paronoid about them too,so it was good that a show like that was around showing little kids that monsters don't have to always be scary they can have a soft touch too.this show is also pretty funny at times.they should bring this show back because kids do still go through monster phases and they should watch this show untill they grow out of it.parents might be scared because of the shows name but i think it's sort of being sarcastic,after they see this show they'll probably wish that those monsters lived in their closets or under there beds.fun to watch even if you don't believe in monsters.sometimes the show has very funny themes.i think they should bring it back on saturday mornings but if they did they probably would only get mostly pre-schoolers in because juniors are more into yugioh and things these days.definetly past it's prime day.
  • Borderline acceptable. How far down has television sunk to these days. Not to disrespect the creators of SHOW but I guess it's simply the trend of tv these days (nothing good on.) Time poorly wasted.

Borderline acceptable. How far down has television sunk to these days. Not to disrespect the creators of Real monsters but I guess it's simply the trend of tv these days (nothing good on.) Time poorly wasted.There goes thirty minutes of my like that I won't get back.It is really hard to belive.

• This shows was original and a favorite of mine.

This was the first show I saw about monsters, and it was good. The show reminded me of Halloween and I do love Halloween. I found it funny and unique, my favorite was always Ickis, that panic stricken monster was funny and at the same time full of potential to be the best!

Krumm was good to, funny and his smell made him awesome and different. Oblina was annoying to me and I never liked her, but the show would have fallen apart without her. The Gromble was great and his attitude just awesome. I was ok when the ended it, but not when the removed it from Nicktoons TV in favor of CatDog. I want my reruns!
  • good show for kids who are afraid of monsters

6.8
    i think that they should put this show on more because it shows little children that are scared of mosters hiding under the bed waiting for you to get up to grab your feet or mosters hiding in your closet ready to jump out at you when you open it that theres nothing to be afraid of they are just like you and me on the inside(even though there not real)sort of reminds you of monsters inc.i think that this show should also be shown more because there\'s alot of bad shows and movies on tv these days what scare little kids,and it\'s nice to see something has been made like this so children acually want there to be monsters in there room because on the show they all have there own personality\'s which make them fun!and even if you don\'t believe in monsters and arn\'t afraid of them you still should watch this if you\'ve got some spare time,good funny set out.
  • I remember this show! its been soo long sinse ive seen it though :( dang if anyone knows where i can find episodes please share with me.

Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...Its about monsters...
  • Worse movie/song ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie/song ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called Aaahh!!! Real Monsters in the first place?
  • It\'s OK.

4.8
    \"If you think your school is a dump, think yourself lucky you don\'t go to the Monster Academy. It\'s UNDERNEATH one!

But then again, this is no ordinary school - and Ickis, Krumm and Oblina are no ordinary students...Welcome to the land of AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, where, at the Monster Academy, up-and-coming students learn the terrifying tricks of the monster trade, and get the necessary qualifications for a life of advance scarifying (their GCS-Eeks?).

Here, the insecure Ickis, the stinky-armpitted Krumm, and the candycane-shaped Oblina deal with issues like how to best scare supermarket shoppers, where to hide under the bed, and what to do with your eyeballs when you\'re not holding them in your mouth (here\'s a hint: juggle them).

All of this goes on under the watchful eyes of their teacher, the fearful Gromble. While these walking nightmares always find new ways to get into trouble, they survive their adventures by sticking together, sometimes literally!\"

Okay, let me get this straight. The animation sucks, but that\'s OK. The characters are OK, episodes are unoriginal/have already been done and is kind of funny.
  • A classic Nicktoon. The characters were original, and there was nothing like it.

This was one of the more classic Nicktoons. I always pictured this show as one of my favorite ou there. The plots were halarious, and I would really enjoy having this show back on the air. I was greatful that they brought this show to the Nicktoons channel, but I don't even think it airs anymore. This is a show, that deserves to be back on, because there is no other show like it, and it is packed with comedy and great characters. Ickis was always my favorite character, because of his squeky voice, and his ability to grow in size. Oblina was a useful monster, seeing as see sometimes helped the crew, using her oddly-shaped body, to get them out of danger. Krumm was a nasty, but funny, laid back monster that I thought was alright, but when the're all together, you can't beat that.
  • It was decent enough

6.4
    There's nothing awful about this show. I wasn't a big fan, but I watched it once or twice when I was really bored or there was nothing else on. The animation was quite good though, and the characters were somehow good when you get used to them. It was definitely not a bad show, and it had it's good moments that anyone could watch, and I have to admit this is original!

It's okay IMO. Not my favourite, but FAR from the worst!
  • This used to be one of my favorite shows...

7.3
    This show used to be the highlight of my day when i was seven. Ickis was my favorite character. the show was funny because the gang always got into trouble, basically my childhood, but thats another story. I felt the show reflected what life was like for children back then. Teachers yelling at us and being with your friends. The machine in the show to see your memories was awesome. i was that was real so i could use it, unless it got me in trouble like it did for Ickis when he was late for monster class. This show should be brought back. At least play the reruns once in a while.
  • I used 2 love this cartoon

I loved this cartoon. I remember as a kid I was obsessed with Ickis. I think this cartoon Could actually be brought back If it was " modernized ". This cartoon was made during a time when " Toliet Humor " was pretty dominent in most cartoons at the time. However, now the cartoon would be considered gross and immature by the aduience. But I do think there could be hope for it if the cartoon was adjusted to fit the times, a few things would be kept to keep true to the plot and characters of course.
  • Awesome show. All i need to say.

This show was one of my favorites. I watched it all the time and I miss it. They should deffinately bring this show back. Ickis was my favorite. I loved how they always got into trouble. i w a n t n i c k e l o d e o n t o b r i n g t h i s s h o w b a c k n o w. Im sorry I dont really know what else to say about it which is why Im trying to fill atleast 100 words. So thats my review.. bye.
  • AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! This show is AWSOME!

This is a great show. I loved coming home from school and this show was coming on and I would get a sandwich and sit and watch this show. The show was funny and disgusting. I loved it. It kinda reminded me of Ren & Stimpy, but not as bad. I loved watching it but i wouldn't say it was one of the best shows but it was still pretty good. I can't watch it now because I have seen every episode and now the show is kind of boring to me now because it is not one that you could watch over and over again. Not many people appreciated the show like some people did. It was a "scary" (yeah right) cartoon for kids (if they was like 2 yrs. old) that was fun to watch. Everyone should watch it and see what i mean and I believe that some of the people would feel like me.
< 1 2