Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

Nickelodeon (ended 1997)

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters Fan Reviews (56)

• The show takes us through the struggles of life as a child monster. Three monster friends are studying how to scare humans in school. Often their attempts don't work out as planned and they end up in alot of fun adventures.

This kind of material can easily make one lose his lunch. But it's still one of the many most imaginative cartoons ever made. I like the threesome between Ickis, Krumm, and Oblina, and I love the Gromble's delivery. A lot of the stories are very funny. Some involve Krumm having explosive hiccups, some feature Oblina losing her brain, while others might have Ickis controlling time with a seemingly ordinary clock.

Overall, Real Monsters is a definite winner. Sadly, it's rarely seen on TV these days. It's a shame that a studio that once produced such wonderful cartoons are now generating bottom-feeders' delight like The Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power, new Rugrats, and As Told by Ginger. And although Nick has the right idea of showing SpongeBob and the OddParents, they seriously can't afford anymore bad cartoons, especially from Klasky-Csupo. Their reign of terror WILL soon come to an end -- MARK MY WORDS!