Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

Nickelodeon (ended 1997)

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters Fan Reviews (56)

• I believe that this series could have been a lot better, as I have never cared too much about toilet humor, but I believe that it was a classic and I wish I would have watched more episodes.

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters was a classic animated program that I used to enjoy watching, though I'm sure I would still enjoy watching it if it were still on the air. However, I always disliked some of the intentionally gross details of the series; I know toilet humor was popularized by Ren & Stimpy, but I honestly believe that more of an emphasis should have been placed on the monsters scaring people. Most episodes focused on that, I know, but I believe that they didn't focus on that fact enough; the series had a ton of potential, and even though I believe it was a successful series, I feel that it could have been better than it was. With that said, I have no further complaints; I loved the characters, especially Ickis, and I believe that the series used all of the characters rather well. People won't be able to watch the series, since it's no longer on television, but I believe it was a great animated program and it's one of the shows I'll remember whenever I think about animation in the 1990s.