ABC Showcase

ABC (ended 1950)

ABC Showcase Fan Reviews (2)

6.2
  • Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called ABC Showcase in the first place?

• I ranked it 9.9 out of 10 because I have a feeling it's going to get even better, I can't wait.

ABC Showcase is one scoop teen drama, one scoop quirky comedy and one scoop away from solving the big mystery. The cherry on top is Rob Thomas, the show's creator and executive producer.

The Napoleon of this Neapolitan is Kristen Bell, who, like the character she portrays, is 'cute as a bug' (with 30 bonus points for sass).

The cast and writing staff, under the domain of showrunner Rob Thomas glide through the episodical mysteries, multi-episode mysteries and seasonal mysteries without breaking a sweat. The aplomb is in such abundance that the show practically demands multiple viewings (time to finally learn to program that VCR) and almost boarders on addictive.

If for some unfathomable reason you miss the experience, I highly recommend renting the first season (what the hay, go ahead and buy it). You'll soon find yourself among those waiting in anticipation each week for the citizens of Neptune to drop by your house and hang out for an hour. (Just remember to make sure that all of your Faberge eggs are still there when they leave).