Absolutely Fabulous Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on BBCIn Season

Absolutely Ended :(

Should Ab Fab return?

CellBlocknutter

[1]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 14

Jeniffer Saunders has said shes retiring from acting, and that shes too old to play Eddie now. It looks like we desperate for more fans (like me) have to now face the fact that there is absolutly no chance of another series or one-off special

I hope this isn't so!

Edited on 04/23/2008 1:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kuolo

[2]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    I was sad when the show ended. But now I am not that sad. I can see the show on DVDs and all that. In truth I believe that the show had its time and that is why it is so great, it is a classic. But if the show had continued... I believe that it wouldn't be that great anymore. Its better to quit when you are on the top of the world and not when you are old and boring. 'nuff said.

bergie72

[3]May 11, 2008
    • level: 11

I think Ab Fab's time has passed. The first three series were great, but after that, the episodes just weren't as... "Wow" I guess after that. There were a few good spots in the one-offs and the later series, but it just didn't capture the same spirit as it did early on. I just finished watching "White Box", and some pieces were good, but overall it was kind of... "eh".

I would watch other stuff from F&S tho..

jtr115

[4]May 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    I agree that the show should end now instead of overstaying its welcome (which some have said it's already done.) Doing the show without Jennifer Saunders would be pointless, like continuing "The Benny Hill Show" with just the supporting players.

fichcakes

[5]May 17, 2008
    • level: 2
    I wonder what made Roseanne decide not to create an American version.
    I just watched Eddie and Patsy in their appearance on Roseanne on youtube; had never seen it before. Ed & Pats really outshine Roseanne & her "Pats" in it (don't remember her best friend's name).

InstantClubHits

[6]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 5
    It's sad it's over, but I agree w/ what others have said that it's better to go off when you're on top...like "The Golden Girls".....although I never quite understood why they did so few episodes a season...er....series. In america there'd be like, 50 more episodes than the uk show. I still have to get "white box" (which I didn't really enjoy much) then I'll have the whole show, so they'll live on in my collection

PiperPrueLover4

[7]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 18
    The "retiring from acting" thing came from an interview in 2005, so it's pretty old. She's acted in other things since then lol.

But as far as Ab Fab goes, no that's gone forever.