Absolutely Fabulous Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on BBCIn Season

I'd just wish...

Chuukou

[1]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 14
    I just wish that the BBC renews the show or cancels it, because we're constantly wondering if the show is ever going to emerge from it's hiatus. (which it'll probably not due to Jennifer Saunders saying that she isn't going to act anymore.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fastfilm

[2]Dec 23, 2005
    • level: 22
    It's too bad she doesn't consider "AbFab" to be a revivable franchise, maybe once yearly. I wonder what's really going on? Sometimes people make excuses to excuse themselves from the public spotlight when there's trauma in their personal lives...

Anybody_No_Dust

[3]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 11
    fastfilm wrote:
    Sometimes people make excuses to excuse themselves from the public spotlight when there's trauma in their personal lives...

That's not necessarily true. Jennifer has three daughters, and a husband who has a brand new show out. Then, besides having a family to take care of, she would have to write the new script while making it follow on from the finale, plus gather all the cast members, ask guest celebrities to star in it... I think that she just needed - and deserves - a break.

Don't forget, there was a five-year gap between The Last Shout and Season 4, so there may well be some Eddie left in her, after all. Maybe if we’re patient…

pirategennie

[4]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 10

Anybody_No_Dust wrote:
    fastfilm wrote:
    Sometimes people make excuses to excuse themselves from the public spotlight when there's trauma in their personal lives...
    That's not necessarily true. Jennifer has three daughters, and a husband who has a brand new show out. Then, besides having a family to take care of, she would have to write the new script while making it follow on from the finale, plus gather all the cast members, ask guest celebrities to star in it... I think that she just needed - and deserves - a break. Don't forget, there was a five-year gap between The Last Shout and Season 4, so there may well be some Eddie left in her, after all. Maybe if we’re patient…

patience isn't one of my virtues but it's amazing how patient i can be when i have no choice.  so... we wait!

g

diaboyos

[5]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 6
        I wasn't even aware of seasons 4 and 5 until 10 minutes ago when I came here to add Ab-Fab to my favorites list!  Now if I can just find them....

pirategennie

[6]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 10

diaboyos wrote:
        I wasn't even aware of seasons 4 and 5 until 10 minutes ago when I came here to add Ab-Fab to my favorites list!  Now if I can just find them....

i discovered this show on oxygen, which shows it very intemittenly and seemingly in no particular order, and then on bbca, which showed episodes like mad for a while and now just pops one on once in a blue moon.  so i had and have no idea what season anything is.  i have to judge by age, weight, hairstyle and whether or not saffy has a baby(inside or out)!

g

PiperPrueLover4

[7]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 18
    Jennifer Saunders said that she won't make any more Ab Fab because she's too old, but she's been doing acting since she said she wasn't going to, so that was a load of nonsense. However, if the BBC refuses to cancel it, then that might be a good sign for some way later stage.