According to Jim Forums

ABC (ended 2009)

Dana gone?

SeerMagicX

[1]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 16
    Is dana gone from the show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

truest_ec

[2]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    I read online that she has left the show.

truest_ec

[3]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    She currently plays Dana in the ABC sitcom According to Jim (in the eighth season, which began airing on December 2, 2008, Williams-Paisley will leave the show at the beginning of the season)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberly_Williams-Paisley

DOMOJITA

[4]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 18
    oh man now whos gunna insolt jim & andy i gues the kids could still insolt andy but who gunna insolt jim dana come back please.

doodeh007

[5]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 6
    is this for real ??
    she was the funniest thats just stupid

goldensun87

[6]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    Kim's having another child for REAL, and I guess the producers didn't want to write in another pregnancy(it would've been the third btw)

NewUser12345215

[7]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 4

goldensun87 wrote:
    Kim's having another child for REAL, and I guess the producers didn't want to write in another pregnancy(it would've been the third btw)

I would probably guess she left and it's not the producers who made her quite. I mean, they could easily write in another pregnancy(they probably wouldn't have to focus too much on it), and most would agree that the show would be worst without Diana, so that's why I think Dana was the one who choose to leave.

This season might have a high chance of being the last season because of this. The show is still entertaining to watch but it's just not as good without Dana/Kimberly, she was a "needed" character IMO.

Although, I guess they could either introduce a new character to replace her or focus more on the kids or something to try to revitalize it.

krussell47

[8]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 12
    NewUser12345215 wrote:

goldensun87 wrote:

I would probably guess she left and it's not the producers who made her quite. I mean, they could easily write in another pregnancy(they probably wouldn't have to focus too much on it), and most would agree that the show would be worst without Diana, so that's why I think Dana was the one who choose to leave.

This season might have a high chance of being the last season because of this. The show is still entertaining to watch but it's just not as good without Dana/Kimberly, she was a "needed" character IMO.

Although, I guess they could either introduce a new character to replace her or focus more on the kids or something to try to revitalize it.

It seems that they are focusing more on the kids. But what I found interesting is that they are also focusing more on Jim and Andy, and Cheryl's character is getting the least amount of focus. These signs could definitely indicate that this could be the final season of ATJ.

txgirl75

[9]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 23
    I remeber hearing Courtney Thorn Smith was ready to leave the show but that's been a year since I heard that.

miss_wierd

[10]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 13

goldensun87 wrote:

Really?!?! Another baby? That's awesome! I didn't know they have 3 kids! That's great!
    Edited on 03/21/2009 5:29pm

goldensun87

[11]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 5
    miss_wierd wrote:

goldensun87 wrote:

Really?!?! Another baby? That's awesome! I didn't know they have 3 kids! That's great!

Lol, actually Kim is having her second child. When I said third pregnancy, I meant the third pregnancy on the SHOW. First was Dana(Kim's first), and second was Cheryl(also Courtney's first). So if they had written in Kim's second pregnancy, that would have been the third pregnancy on the show. Courtney also had a boy btw.

KingofIPirates

[12]Jun 22, 2009
    • level: 32
    It's too bad she left the show as it's been missing something ever since.

kamyip

[13]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 1
    do you think she would have come back to the show if they were still running the show?

abecba

[14]Sep 14, 2010

I loved the Episode where Dana & Cherl were both Brales & it showed! They are 2 beautiful ladiwes!

hell693

[15]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 11
    I don't know why she left but it was a mistake according to Jim wasn't the same without her season 8 was boring and I think that is why people stopes watching and the show got canceled and the last episode was good because she returned and made everything funny again I love Dana she is the funniest with Jim of course but sheril was so boring and I didn't like her character so much still she had some funny moments. I think that it would be good if they pick up the show again for one last season with Dana and I want to see an episode where Dana married jim instead of her sister that would be soooo funny.

ellmoe2010

[16]Feb 25, 2013

I used to watch this show when it was on television. just recently downloaded and watching all 8 seasons.

I agree, the show isn't is the same without Dana. The eighth season is somewhat boring.

JImMourgos

[17]Aug 20, 2013
    "Quit", not "Quite", two different words.