According to Jim

ABC (ended 2009)

According to Jim Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• A show that can't go wrong week after week.

According to Jim has proved to us, on the ratings and worldwide that it is a quality show. A show, extremely similar to that of Everybody Loves Raymond, the boys against the girls, it is a show I will never get sick of. Each episode continues to prove how good it is, it probably won't go down as one of the greatest shows ever made but it certainly is quality television. With a very solid cast there's no reason According to Jim can't make up to 8 seasons. Never running out of story lines and people never getting sick of this show is the key. A great quality show.
  • Family Sitcom Above Average

Title: According To Jim Other Title: The Dad Date (Original Run): 2001- Country: USA Network: USA: ABC Australia: Seven Network Cast: James) Belushi: Jim Courtney Thorne-Smith: Cheryl Kimberly Williams: Dana Larry Joe Campbell: Andy Taylor Atelian: Ruby Billi Bruno: Gracie Genre: Sitcom My Rating And Comments: 6/10

James Belushi's acting is good in this show as well as his other films, so is Courtney Thorne-Smith , Larry Joe Campbell's acting is quite good as well as Kimberly Williams, young Taylor Atelian and Billi Bruno do a good job supporting the show

Bottom Line: Acceptable Family Sitcom Above Average
  • How wonderful to sit down once a day and listen to interesting chat and discussions with great women. This show is a 10 in my book. Each woman has a diverse and interesting personality. I feel like I could just sit down and join in the conv

This show is a 10 in my book. Each woman has a diverse and interesting personality. I feel like I could just sit down and join in the conversation everyday. But how do you enter their contests???
    I Love love love love this...
  • Not the best show in the world.

7.4
    Not the best show in the world. To me this is your average show, a dad which is out of control some of the time. A smart wife who keeps him in line. Children, and family members who wont leave. Or you always see them at thier house. But some episodes are funny, so it's a ok show.
  • Funny, Funny, Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this show is hilarious! This show may get a little stupid at time but other then that its really funny. I'm not like obsessed with this show I just watch it if nothing else is on. I think the comedy is fresh and never repeats itself like some other shows.
  • This show has officially jumped the shark. Just saw the episode \\\\\\\"Polite Jim\\\\\\\" and what a steaming pile! That writer Mike Fox should never be allowed to work again!

This show has officially jumped the shark. Just saw the episode "Polite Jim" and what a steaming pile! That writer Mike Fox should never be allowed to work again! What's sad is just how great the show was before this episode. I don't know how poor Jim Belushi got through the taping of this episode.
  • Worst piece of crap on tv

this show is totally stupid.the jokes are dumbish,unfunny and childish,even 3-year-old kids understand them.the plot is very stupid and predictable,it is totally lack of intelligence.this is the worst tv show that i've seen in my entire life.unfortunately this show lasts 5 seasons,on the otherhand arrested development; the most intelligent,the smartest,the funniest show on tv; is getting cancelled.shame on you america,shame on you.....
  • Not the most original show but still entertaining.

7.8
    According to Jim is one of those shows that I watch if I can though it isn't absolutely necessary that I do so.

The characters are definitely funny especially Jim and Dana but they are a lot like every other sitcom but with one difference...the show is entertaining.

I can't say I've seen thirty episodes but I have seen about twenty and they were all pretty funny with creative plots and fairly good one liners. The kids seem to be a little forced into the show and aren't particularly funny but also have their moments with scenes such as conversations with Jim and his not so good advice.

Overall, According To Jim looks like just another show but is probably better than 50% of sitcoms on at the moment.
  • Its not that bad!

7.2
    The main problem I have with this show is that it is so much like all the other family sitcoms that are on at the moment.

But to be honest this is really the pick of the bunch. Thats not really saying enough, but Belushi is appealing as the dad and I might have laughed a couple of times at this show.

Nothing ground breaking, nothing special - but there are much worse ones out there!
  • funny

according to jim is about jim, his wife Cheryl and all 3 kids. oh and dont forget cheryl's brother and sister andy and dana.
    Jim Belushi plays jim the father of the family and he is funny as espically in one episode where he think of making a fart doll.
    Courtney Thorne-Smith plays cheryl and wants another child and runs the household.
    Larry Joe Campbell plays andy well he is funny but not as funny as jim.
    And last is Kimberly Williams-Paisley who plays dana.
  • Jim, the macho everyman, with a soft spot for his beautiful wife, Cheryl and their three precocious kids -- Ruby,Gracie and Kyle. at home Jim seems to keep Cheryl in constant turmoil with his boyish bravado and ever-willful antics.

7.8
    Jim Belushi stars as Jim, the macho everyman, with a soft spot for his beautiful wife, Cheryl (Courtney Thorne-Smith), and their three precocious kids -- Ruby (Taylor Atelian), Gracie (Billi Bruno) and Kyle (Conner Rayburn). A success at his construction business and the family breadwinner, at home Jim seems to keep Cheryl in constant turmoil with his boyish bravado and ever-willful antics. But their underlying love for each other guarantees they are in this marriage for keeps.

Cheryl, for her part, instinctively aims for the straight and narrow, but secretly enjoys it when Jim coaxes out her playful side. It's an odd-couple tug-of-war of happily-married opposites yet equals. This is a love story couched in a family comedy.

At the conclusion of last season, Cheryl's high-strung sister, Dana (Kimberly Williams-Paisley), a career woman who seemed destined to remain forever single, finally met and married a doctor and the man of her dreams (Mitch Rouse).

Jim's brother-in-law and partner in the Ground Up design/building firm, Andy (Larry Joe Campbell), is Jim's foil but also his truest friend. Andy doggedly covers for his pal whenever Cheryl gets close to uncovering Jim's incessant schemes.
  • Terrible

0.0
    This show is the worst thing to ever appear on television. horrible. terrible. bad. ew. gah. you're kidding, right? yuck. i hate it. it's so lame. not funny at all. i do not know why it is still on the air. depressing really ... geez, isn't this fifty words yet?
  • I think this show is the real life version of my family

I love this show, truly funny. The cast blend well together and they are able to convey what most families are really like, but never want to say.The episodes are always fresh and comical and they dont repeat the other networks shows. This one is definatly a classic comical show.
  • i like it

its pretty good i almost always miss it but when i flick through the channels and see it i go sweet its a good show for once on CTV besides corner gas. This show is funny and i would watch it more if i remebered what time it is on.

EROK
  • What a bunch of B.S.

0.0
    Wow, only the first episode, and already this one has jumped. What a disappointment, because the promos looked so promising. The show was going merrily along like any typical "sitcom" these days, cute kids who are not funny, but then in the last few minutes Belushi took off his shirt and started rolling his fat all around. GROSS!!! That totally ruined it. I guess the attempt at "sexy comedy" was supposed to make up for the total lack of real comedy. The lead-in show (My Wife and Kids) was so good, then this bomb came on. This show stinks out loud! Nobody cares about Jim Belushi nor his grandma wife!
  • I dont really like this show.

Everytime I watch this show i have this feeling of a lack of story line and i am confused... or i just lose intrest very quickly and turn it off. Maybe if it had a better story line that i could agree with or something in common with me i would watch it.
  • g

it is great. it is funny. it is on tuesdays at 8 o clock on abc.v v v v v v v v v vvv v v v v v v v vv v v vv v v v vv v v vv v v v v v v v
  • Funny Show

what can I say about according to Jim, except that its great, Its got great characters, and its pretty funny, I think they did a great job at find the actors for this show they have great chemistry together. I try watching it every tuesday if I don't have to work.
  • According to Jim one of the current running sitcoms that is actually funny.

My wife and I find ourselves laughing out loud often and occasionally saying "I can't believe they did/said that!" This is one of the shows where a dumpy guy gets a wife that is completely out of his league, but if you can accept the premise the situations are actually very funny. The band scenes often seem 'pressed' into the show to highlight Jim Belushi's musical talents, but there have been a couple shows where it actually played a central role in some plots. Overall one of the top current sitcoms in my opinion.
  • I can\'t believe there are good reviews for this

0.0
    I just spent 5 minutes laughing over the fact that there are people who gave good reviews for this show. Unbelievable. It is representative of everything wrong with American television - vapid, mindless crap crammed into 20 minutes.

Anybody who watches this really needs to stop. I can\'t believe that intelligent, priceless classics like Arrested Development get axes while this show gets to see 100 episodes. Unbelievable.
  • Smile :)

Okay I'll admit it, the first time I saw the commercial for this show I didn't think it looked all that great, but I decided I'd watch it anyway, and I'm glad I did. Courtney Thorne- Smith plays Jim's wife, shes kinda annoying but she also makes the show really worth watching. Larry Joe Campbell who plays Andy is absolutely hilarious and him and Jim make a great comdedic team. This is the only tv show that I have actually fell off the couch laughing to. I give this show 11 out of 10 stars. This show is staying put and not goin anywhere!!!
  • Love the show, funny and somewhat educational.

Watching hypocritcal parents who are unrealistic is funny. (Come on, hot blonde like her marrying a fat man like Jim? In a million years). Also her sister is hot too, giving the sex appeal. Then theres the comedy part, watching Jim screw up and trying to hide it from his wife is usually the plot for each episode, and its great. Then some episodes to see both parents teach their child about something when they don't listen to their own advice is someting I just love to watch, guess its cause I can pick up a few pointers on where my parents are being hypocrites. Guess its underappreciated cause it doesn't appeal to a large group, but glad to see its been around for a few years.
  • Experienced TV review writer with a cutting edge creative way of writing the reviews.please read my review of this show as well as other shows and if you happen to have questions or comments about my reviews, please feel free to e-mail me at; anthonyschan

This show is writen for all ages. It is not a great comedy, it does have its flaws and will give you a laugh when you watch it. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is badly writen, it sure is not bad casted. I think the cast is great, but if the show is going to keep going, they have to have Jim write more of the shows material to have it survive.

anthony schaneberger
    allentown,pa 18109
    anthonyschaneberger2003@yahoo.com
  • Classic show about relationships between sisters, husband and wife and best friends. Comedy, warmth and feel good fun!

I love this show. It really parallels my life with Dana the younger sister coming over and the issues she and Jim have. Also I love the way Jim and Cheryl try to \"one up\" each other! We love Andy as well and how he shows off his body with no care in the world...hilarious!
  • Jim and his horde, consisting of his ever faithful brother-in-law(crime), Andy; his loving wife, Cheryl; his pain-in-the-butt sister-in-law, Dana; and his 3 loving kids, Ruby, Gracie and Kyle.

A story about a typical American father, who tries to do his best in raising his kids HIS way. His wife is like his conscience, without which he will do all sorts of weird things to amuse himself.

What I find hard to grasp is the values he wholes so dear. It's always about him. Cheryl is always there to make him tow the line, but he still do all kinds of stff behind her, which is actually where the fun starts.

Andy is a very lovable character, though over size.
    Dana is the typical careerly successful women with everything (ei money, looks, brains) except a life and a man by her side.

Both Dana n Andy are the 'house-sitter' for Jim, which would explain why they are always at his house.

All in all, it's a pretty decent show, the fun starts when Jim is up to no good, which is always.
  • Another show with a Fat leading man and good looking wife?

0.0
    This show was not funny when it first aired and is even more unfunny now. The trend of shows with marginal looking leading men with knock-out wives is tired. Jim Belushi is best when he's playing the bad guy. Courtney Thorne Smith is not a comedic actress and never will be. She is better in straight dramatic roles.

Jim's sidekick is even more fouls with his flabby belly that is often shown. It's a tired formula of "roughed and insensitive husband" learning lessons but still being a bone-head. Jim gives all guys a bad rap. It's not funny watching a show about rude behavior and the fighting between the sexes....it's old and I'm suprised that this show is still on the air
  • I'm looking forward to the new season and hope they leave it at same time slot.

This show is growing on me, I am finding it funnier every season. It's going into it's third season, I think. I'm glad they finally have a "Cheryl" on tv., that's my name. It isn't heard too often. It's especially funny when Jim and Andy get together to concoct some scheme against Cheryl. It's usually the men against the women. The one I thought was the funniest was when Jim had to get his sperm tested and he exchanged Andy's for his and dr. says to Cheryl "is there any way your husband can be your brother?" It was hysterical. It is a very good show which I think people should give a chance. I'm looking forward to the new season.
  • I love According to Jim

I love this show. Jim Belushi is one of the funniest men on television. He is the epitome of the average American man. Pairing him with Cheryl and her sister and brother really shows how a man can get into so much trouble and then not only have to hear about it from his wife, but his inlaws too....brilliant!!!
  • If ever a show was to get a bad rap - this is it. All it needs is a chance...

7.8
    I know, I know... most people probably think that this is yet another show about some lovable schlub with a middle class life. Like the Simpsons, but real and a lot less funny. Of course, these people would be right

ATJ is a generic family sitcom, but deep down it has something that many other shows are lacking - a heart. While watching, we know that Jim is going to screw something up, his wife will be mad and that it will all be tied up neatly in a short 22 minute episode.

But Jim loves his wife, and everything he does is for his family. And even though he has screwed up countless times, his family will forgive him every time.

The cast really does have good chemistry with each other - you could actually believe they are a real family.

Jim Belushi has finally stepped out of his brother's shadow and emerged as a comic talent himself. Nobody can play a schlub like him. The standout in the cast is Larry Joe Campbell as Jim's best friend/brother in law. I never fail to laugh at him when he's onscreen.

Overall, I'd say ATJ is about as good as you can get from a generic family sitcom. It doesn't have the quality of Everybody Loves Raymond and it's not as bad as the banal Yes, Dear. It's what it is - a decnt show with a funny star.
  • I give it a 10 alone because of Kimberly Williams.

Decent family comedy. Belushi has his moments, and is backed by a nice cast. The character who plays Andy is above average funny, and (please ladies, don't take this as superficial, but...)both Courtney Thorne-Smith and Kimberly Williams are great eye candy. But more than that, they are both fine acctresses who get the job done. The kids are also good for laughs, especially the oldest daughter IMO. She's a riot.

Give it a try. It might or might not be your cup of tea, but again, it's worth a looksy.
1 2 3 4