According to Jim

ABC (ended 2009)

According to Jim Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• I give it a 10 alone because of Kimberly Williams.

Decent family comedy. Belushi has his moments, and is backed by a nice cast. The character who plays Andy is above average funny, and (please ladies, don't take this as superficial, but...)both Courtney Thorne-Smith and Kimberly Williams are great eye candy. But more than that, they are both fine acctresses who get the job done. The kids are also good for laughs, especially the oldest daughter IMO. She's a riot.

Give it a try. It might or might not be your cup of tea, but again, it's worth a looksy.
  • Stupid, but relaxing.

You've just spent six hours reading about how other people think you should interpret Dostoevsky - when you get home, you don't want Bill Maher, any of the Bristows, the Bluths or something Whedonesque, you want Jim... Jimmy... James... Jimbo! The show is a "my girlfriend is sleeping with my best friend but I have just broken my leg in three places so this hurts more" kind of distraction. It's not pretty, but it works every time. So as to keep leg-breakage to a minimum, a couple of nice folks came together and created "According To Jim" - a story about something as original as a husband who screws everything up, has his stable and way too attractive wife call him up on it - but... in the end everyone laughs and gets along and are happy - just like families everywhere!
  • It is so funny, I wish they would put it back on because it is so cool and a great show.

I wish this show was back on because its just a laugh and people can really relate to this show because its just like life and shows how dumb man can really be and what little toddlers can get up to and what sort of trouble they can cause when out in public.
  • According to Jim is your show featuring the perfect American family with, a bit of quirk mixed in.

Another show I don't follow but, I do enjoy. A while back while my family and I spent the long weekend at a cabin, this was one of the only shows that was on during the day. So, that's what I watched. I really enjoyed it. It's quite a funny show and Jim is just a great actor. I love his style. According to Jim is a fantastic show for everybody. It can be enjoyed and appreciated by many on all different age levels. I really can't think of a bad thing to say about the show. The only thing I'm wondering is - why don't I watch it more often?
  • Jim a typical American man with a wife and two, dealing with his wife and his brother and sister in law.

Since the first season i have watched this show but every season it seems to get worse. Its always funny, but I seem to lose more and more interest each episode.I predict that this show wont last very much longer. Too bad though because it started off quite good. So if you need something to watch and its on give it a try for an episode or two.
  • The life and times of Jim Belushi set in a 30 minute sitcom.

This show is one of the funniest sitcoms on television right now. Jim Belushi is quirky, chauvistic, and lovable all at the same time. He comes as close to a male chauvinist pig as you can get, but at the same time seems like he just needs a hug. Courtney Thorne Smith is the perfect foil for his antics and the brother and sister are perfect in their roles. If you want guaranteed laughs, watch this show!
  • Jim Belushi is great!

Jim Belushi is a classic comedian. His work is great. The characters are all funny, especially Jim & Andy. They are a total riot together. Dana is a total dingaling! Cheryl's entire family are a funny bunch, poor Jim lol.

I really enjoy this show. The storylines are good and funny. The kids are even great. There is comedy throughout the show.

Check out the show at least once before dismissing it!
  • ...Lastly I mention Jim Belushi. He is just fab in his part as Courtney's hubby. It's both scary and exhilerating to watch him. It's like seeing John Belushi but all grown up and, well, normal (mentally)...

I have watched this from its beginning and I find myself always wanting to watch when it's on. For me, it has a lot to do with the actors on it. I'm so glad Courtney Thorn Smith decided to do ATJ, because it shows a snugly, sweet, Earth Mother side of her that's really appealing. Kimberly Williams is very believable and refreshing as her Single Career Woman With Angst sister. Larry Joe (forgot his last name) is funny and sympathetic and happily helpless as her brother.

Lastly I mention Jim Belushi. He is just fab in his part as Courtney's hubby. It's both scary and exhilerating to watch him. It's like seeing John Belushi but all grown up and, well, normal (mentally). For years now, I've watched Jim and seen only John. Now, thanks to this show, I am finally seeing Jim for Jim. He is pure funny, great timing, great sincerity, and he knows how to be serious when it calls for it. Great dimension for a character who started out as little more than just a caricature. I've been delightfully amazed. He's quite good in this particular role (you know, like Ackroyd is just excellent as the balding Southern good ole boy of both Driving Miss Daisy and My Girl), and I hope this sitcom makes it for a few years so I can keep on enjoying it.

Courtney knows how to hold her own and then some against Jim. They walk the thin line between being the Bundies and the Bunkers and the Buchmans. Their chemistry is very on-target. Everyone's is, actually.

The arguments are quite believable. Good writing. I like the running joke about expanding vocabulary.

This show isn't Seinfeld or Cheers, but it is a solidly written comical commentary on married family life. Couples can watch together and both enjoy it, neither gender is spared, both are poked fun at and both are strongly represented. I agree with the previous post that if you dislike Belushi, you probably won't like it. Ditto for C.T.-S., although she might surprise you.

If you do decide to check it out, give it 3 chances. I didn't warm up to it til after that many episodes, and now I'm glad I gave it a chance. It's a nice change from Reality Everything.
  • great show

I love this show Jim is able to keep me laughing no matter how many times I see the reruns. The casting for this show I think was pretty close to perfect I could not imagine any other people playing these parts and being as funny as they are right now.
  • Show

7.2
  • A Throwback To Those Classic Family Sitcoms America Once Loved.

With all these crappy "reailty" tv shows on very channel now and shows that cant even hit the double digit episode mark, it seems there are no more sitcoms on TV, except According To Jim. He's as lazy as Homer Simpson and As clever as Dr. Huxtable, and while he may not be remembered in that same category as those TV dads, he certainly will be one of the most underatted of all-time as well as show.
1 2 3 4 >