According to Jim

ABC (ended 2009)

According to Jim Fan Reviews (100)

• You'll regret hating it

Definitely one of the best sitcom I've ever good thing is,they have lot of things going on and its not like nowadays shows where there's only on what's up with writers now?are they out of good scripts?according to jim and home improvement are one of the greatest sitcom series..

here's one thing for haters,watch your gay comedy series like how i met your mother,two and a half men and some hannah montana because they suit you..

• Best show on TV

The wife and I still love watching it even though we've seen them all. It's so much more relateable and plausible than most of the junk on TV that it just makes it much more funny.
  • Jim Belushi stars in this awesome and hilarious sitcom "According to Jim"

Jim Belushi is a great actor and I think he not only does a terrific job in his movies but he also does a terrific job with this sitcom "According to Jim". This show makes me laugh very hard. All of the characters in this show are likable and they are all just absolutely hilarious. Whenever I need a good laugh, I would watch other sitcoms I really enjoy but I would also watch this sitcom as well because it's very enjoyable and it's hilarious. It's a sitcom that the whole family should watch. It definitely is a family sitcom. It's pretty family-friendly so I would suggest watching an awesome and hilarious sitcom like "According to Jim". Jim Belushi plays as the lovable but abrasive father. Jim is a fan of blues music and is also a fan of Chicago Bears, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls, and Chicago Blackhawks. He also has a wife named Cheryl, has two daughters named Ruby and Gracie. They also have a son named Kyle. Jim is best friends with Cheryl's brother Andy. Cheryl also has a sister named Dana. Dana frequently teams with Cheryl against Jim. Most of the storylines are absolutely hilarious and enjoyable and this sitcom is just awesome. Overall, I love "According to Jim" and it's one of the best sitcoms I've seen. 10/10
  • A great family comedy!

John Belushi's little brother Jim Belushi as he stars in a married life comedy about a lazy but loving father named Jim (Jim Belushi) and his wife Cheryl (Courteney Thorne-Smith)star in a family comedy with their children Ruby (Taylor Atelin), Gracie (Billi Bruno), and Kyle (Conner Rayburn). Cheryl's sibling come to their house alot named Dana (Kimberly Willams) and her brother Andy (Larry Joe Campbell). This show first aired in October 3, 2009 and aired their final season in June 2, 2009 that was their 8th season a good run. I describe this show as an amazing show. I rate this show 10.0
  • According to Jim in my opnion is one of the best family comedy's made. Awesome show go Jim!

This show is about a family with their world troubles day and night. Jim (Jim Belushi) is married to Cheryl ( Courteney Thorne-Smith) with their three children Ruby (Taylor Atelian), Gracie (Billi Bruno), and Kyle (Conner Rayburn) and Cheryl's sibling Andy (Larry Joe Campbell) and Dana ( Kimberly Willams-Paisley. A family that is a geat comedy show aired in 2001 and is on their ending season 8 right now this show is aired on ABC 8:00 to 9:00. Dana was cut from the show on season 7 because Kimberly was having a baby and it would be to complicated. Jim and Cheryl just had two baby's.
  • why did you take this show off ,i work for a big company and more then half of the people that i have talked to are asking the same question where is according to jim please bring it back

why did you take this show off ,i work for a big company and more then half of the people that i have talked to are asking the same question where is accouding to jim , this show was so funny it makes people smile and laugh , with all the things going on in the world today people need some laughter in there life please bring it back we love all the people that play in this show they are all perfect for there parts please bring it back bring back according to jim , i cant understand how a good show like this could just be gone when there are so many show on the air that have lower ratings ,, bring back according to jim
  • According To Jim is a show about a husband and wive's daily drama-but the couple in this show has a bit of a different type of drama! Jim,the main star,is a very sarcastic and fun man. But his wife,Cheryl,and their two kids,Gracie and Ruby are used to it.

According To Jim is like the best show ever! It is completely hilarious! I love it! I have Time Warner Cable and I make sure every episode is recorded. It is a nice family show, too! You should try watching it! I highly recommend it. Dana and Andy (Cheryl's Brother and sister) are the funniest characters. But so are Cheryl and Jim's kids, Gracie and Ruby....and Jim....and Cheryl! But wait! So are their neighbors Cindy and Tim! Oh,yeah They are HILARIOUS! I guess everybody in this show is funny. Please, just try it. I am almost sure you'd love it! That is if you have a fun personality! Airkisses,Puppyluvinchef
  • one of the funniest shows ever!!

This is an unbelievable funny show....im soo glad it isnt over and im soo glad i get to watch it....Jim is such a funny character! and Cheryl, Andy and Dana are just as funny and entertaining..:D:D this show can keep you watching it and you'll never get bored its beautiful in soo many ways and definatly going to keep you laughing:D:D
    Its a must see television show!!! i advise evryone to watch this show....i can go on and on explaining how amazing it is but i wont..hehe Its basically funny, funny and did i mention f u n n y!! watch it and you'll love it!
  • One of the best sitcoms......

This show is one of the best sitcoms. It is just such a great show that has never failed to make me laugh. The comedy is so good and it makes you want to come back for more. That is how good it is. The actors on this show are great together and I would recommend this show to anyone who is having a bad day. This show could just brighten your day. The actors on this show make it so funny of course but it's what they have that makes it funny. They all have comedic chemistry and that makes this show shine.
  • According to Jim is a hilarious show, starring the famous Jim Belushi as Jim and his wacky family!

According to Jim is one of my favourite shows, and I think that it is very funny. And the food jokes about Jim make it better and better. I really like it, but, I had to get used to it at first. The jokes get really funny, especially Jim's obsession with food. Cheryl is also a great character, and I love seeing her in all the episodes. I think that the show is really funny, considering the crazy families, and all the jokes about love, family and so on. I also really like it when Jim makes jokes about Cheryl.
  • It's a great funny show :D

It's a great funny show :D

I love this show it's hilarious. I love everything about this show, especially the relationship between Dana and Jim, and Jim and Cheryl, and Gracie and Andy hehehehhehehe :D
    James Belushi is so funny, here in my country they put the Show late at night 12:30 pm I love to stay late just to watch it and every day at school I was sleepy because I had stayed up late the night before, but According to Jim totally worth it I recommend everybody to watch it because its soooooo funny :D

This 100 words really bugs
  • A sitcom about a normal family in downtown Chicago, but is it really normal. Not when Jim, the head of the family, is only interested in three things: sports, beer, food. Not when Andy, is best friend, has only two things in mind: dating women and food.

I first saw "According to Jim" in 2006 and from the first day, I have fallen in love with it. I really like the whole concept of the show even though one has to admit that it is nothing new. What I really like is the fact that the series is all about comedy and that there are no hart-breaking, serious moments included in this one. Most of the time the comedy series of today are depicted with dramatic sequences (such as Scrubs,...) and when I watch a comedy series and don't want to think about problems with which I am confronted everyday, I just want to relax and have a good time. If I want drama, I watch the everyday news.
    Back to "According to Jim": Every character in this series brings something different to the table and I can see bits of myself in every single character. Naturally my favourite character is Andy, Jim's best friend, who is trying everything, and by everything I mean literally everything, to get a woman. Unfortunately with his "imposing" physique his chances aren't really that good.
    Cheryl can be seen as the "good conscience" of the family and she tries really hard to educate her children, even though Jim isn't always the best role model for their three little kids.
    To conclude I think that "According to Jim" is a series that has gotten better every season, the sixth season being the top, and fortunately ABC has decided to give it another shot with a seventh season, which it deserves no doubt about it.
  • This is the funniest family comedy since Everybody Loves Raymond and The King of Queens!

I found this show b/c I was looking for something to replace Raymond on my TIVO. I've seen every episode of Raymond 5-6 times and wanted something new. According to Jim makes my husband and I laugh so hard we cry!! We LOVE this show just as much as Raymond or King of Queens!. Jim Belushi is hysterical and the chemistry between all the actors is outstanding. The show needs more publicity so more people will hear about it and watch it. I look forward to the re-runs every single day. It's GREAT!!! Keep 'em coming season after season!
  • os according to jim cancelled or not????

According to Jim is the best show on tv. Not only do i watch it on its wednesday night airing, but watch it 5X a day in reruns...i will even watch the same episode back to back. i cant figure out if it is cancelled or not- one minute i hear yes, one minute i hear no. i surely hope it is not as i think it is the best show on tv right now, enjoyable to all. ABC would be stupid to cancel it and if they do, i hope someone else picks it up.
  • Why did this show end?

I loved this show. It was so funny. The cast worked great together, so why did it end? I heard that it had something to do with Courtney Thorn-Smith. She did not want to re-up her contract or something. And we all know that the show would not have worked without her. I am just going to miss seeing Jim and Andy's crazy antics each week. I hope that Jim Belushi can quickly find another sitcom, he is hilarious, although he will never be as good as he was in According to Jim because the cast just made him so much better. Also, I love Kimberly Williams-Paisley. She is so funny, she has great comic timing. I hope to see her in TV again soon to. Although I won't hold my breath, she and Brad have started a family and I could see her being a stay at home mom for a while.
  • I like how all of the characters of According to Jim fit together. I also like the chemistry between Jim Belushi and Courtney Thorn-Smith's characters. They remind me of a real life couple.

According to Jim is a very funny show. It is funny throughout the show - from beginning to end.

I like Jim Belushi's humor and how he is always putting his sister-in-law down and her comedic comebacks. I also like Jim's humor with his brother-in-law Andy. This show works for me. It is an outrageously funny show. I am glad it was brought back. I cannot say enough about this show.
  • Why I Love this Show

I love this show. It's sort of a cross between "Married With Children" and "Home Improvement." Jim Belushi is one of the funniest guys I know, and both Courtney Thorne Smith and Kimberly Williams are total babes. The show gives me hope a guy like me could get a hot wife, but if I was Jim, I wouldn't be so quick to constantly put one over on the wife. His partner in crime played by Larry Joe Campbell is sort of described as Doogie Howser with a weight problem and obsession for science fiction and fantasy, but he's a fun sidekick. What I like most about this show is that Courtney is even sexier when she's angry, and she's angry a lot - she's a lot of fun when she's getting revenge on Jim, and I think he knows it; why else would he constantly be trying to pull one over on her?
  • How wonderful to sit down once a day and listen to interesting chat and discussions with great women. This show is a 10 in my book. Each woman has a diverse and interesting personality. I feel like I could just sit down and join in the conv

This show is a 10 in my book. Each woman has a diverse and interesting personality. I feel like I could just sit down and join in the conversation everyday. But how do you enter their contests???
    I Love love love love this...
  • g

it is great. it is funny. it is on tuesdays at 8 o clock on abc.v v v v v v v v v vvv v v v v v v v vv v v vv v v v vv v v vv v v v v v v v
  • Funny Show

what can I say about according to Jim, except that its great, Its got great characters, and its pretty funny, I think they did a great job at find the actors for this show they have great chemistry together. I try watching it every tuesday if I don't have to work.
  • Smile :)

Okay I'll admit it, the first time I saw the commercial for this show I didn't think it looked all that great, but I decided I'd watch it anyway, and I'm glad I did. Courtney Thorne- Smith plays Jim's wife, shes kinda annoying but she also makes the show really worth watching. Larry Joe Campbell who plays Andy is absolutely hilarious and him and Jim make a great comdedic team. This is the only tv show that I have actually fell off the couch laughing to. I give this show 11 out of 10 stars. This show is staying put and not goin anywhere!!!
  • Classic show about relationships between sisters, husband and wife and best friends. Comedy, warmth and feel good fun!

I love this show. It really parallels my life with Dana the younger sister coming over and the issues she and Jim have. Also I love the way Jim and Cheryl try to \"one up\" each other! We love Andy as well and how he shows off his body with no care in the world...hilarious!
  • I give it a 10 alone because of Kimberly Williams.

Decent family comedy. Belushi has his moments, and is backed by a nice cast. The character who plays Andy is above average funny, and (please ladies, don't take this as superficial, but...)both Courtney Thorne-Smith and Kimberly Williams are great eye candy. But more than that, they are both fine acctresses who get the job done. The kids are also good for laughs, especially the oldest daughter IMO. She's a riot.

Give it a try. It might or might not be your cup of tea, but again, it's worth a looksy.
  • ...Lastly I mention Jim Belushi. He is just fab in his part as Courtney's hubby. It's both scary and exhilerating to watch him. It's like seeing John Belushi but all grown up and, well, normal (mentally)...

I have watched this from its beginning and I find myself always wanting to watch when it's on. For me, it has a lot to do with the actors on it. I'm so glad Courtney Thorn Smith decided to do ATJ, because it shows a snugly, sweet, Earth Mother side of her that's really appealing. Kimberly Williams is very believable and refreshing as her Single Career Woman With Angst sister. Larry Joe (forgot his last name) is funny and sympathetic and happily helpless as her brother.

Lastly I mention Jim Belushi. He is just fab in his part as Courtney's hubby. It's both scary and exhilerating to watch him. It's like seeing John Belushi but all grown up and, well, normal (mentally). For years now, I've watched Jim and seen only John. Now, thanks to this show, I am finally seeing Jim for Jim. He is pure funny, great timing, great sincerity, and he knows how to be serious when it calls for it. Great dimension for a character who started out as little more than just a caricature. I've been delightfully amazed. He's quite good in this particular role (you know, like Ackroyd is just excellent as the balding Southern good ole boy of both Driving Miss Daisy and My Girl), and I hope this sitcom makes it for a few years so I can keep on enjoying it.

Courtney knows how to hold her own and then some against Jim. They walk the thin line between being the Bundies and the Bunkers and the Buchmans. Their chemistry is very on-target. Everyone's is, actually.

The arguments are quite believable. Good writing. I like the running joke about expanding vocabulary.

This show isn't Seinfeld or Cheers, but it is a solidly written comical commentary on married family life. Couples can watch together and both enjoy it, neither gender is spared, both are poked fun at and both are strongly represented. I agree with the previous post that if you dislike Belushi, you probably won't like it. Ditto for C.T.-S., although she might surprise you.

If you do decide to check it out, give it 3 chances. I didn't warm up to it til after that many episodes, and now I'm glad I gave it a chance. It's a nice change from Reality Everything.
  • great show

I love this show Jim is able to keep me laughing no matter how many times I see the reruns. The casting for this show I think was pretty close to perfect I could not imagine any other people playing these parts and being as funny as they are right now.
  • A Throwback To Those Classic Family Sitcoms America Once Loved.

With all these crappy "reailty" tv shows on very channel now and shows that cant even hit the double digit episode mark, it seems there are no more sitcoms on TV, except According To Jim. He's as lazy as Homer Simpson and As clever as Dr. Huxtable, and while he may not be remembered in that same category as those TV dads, he certainly will be one of the most underatted of all-time as well as show.
  • It's not easy liking Jim, but he always manages to make me laugh with his stupid remarks XD

According to Jim is a great tv show if you like that kind of humor. Jim's jokes are hard to understand most of the time (if he's even joking :P) but once you get used to his behavior, the show becomes quite enjoyable. Jim's victims are his wife, her sister and brother or even his own kids and pretty much all the people around him. But they all love him and are willing to forgive him every single mistake he makes.
    I would recommend this show to everyone who enjoys good comedy and is not offended easily with Jim's remarks. :)
  • I've read a lot of negative reviews for According to Jim - to each his own, but they just don't get the show.

I've watched this show from the beginning basically because of Courtney Thorne-Smith. This show isn't meant to be the funniest or the deepest on the air. This show is just to give you a half hour of good natured fun without a lot of thought involved. After working all day it's nice to have a couple of shows you can just enjoy without having to have a website to figure out everything that's going on - a~la Lost. If you don't like the show, don't watch it but don't come on here and bash it. Those of us that do like it, enjoy it and that's our right as well

DR
  • A great family comedy, maybe the best!!

According to Jim... What I learned from this series is that Jim is a man who gets and does everything according to himself!:D Great show, with very funny quirky characters, the interactions and the dialog is awesome, and also very intelligent. While laughing your guts out, you can also recall some of the memories of your own family. That's why it's such a warm show. Like a member of your family. There are Jim's and Cheryl's and Andy's and Dana's in out lives. Like I said, great comedy and truly, one of the best ever came. I love According to Jim, if you can't tell! :D
  • Jim Belushi is great!

Jim Belushi is a classic comedian. His work is great. The characters are all funny, especially Jim & Andy. They are a total riot together. Dana is a total dingaling! Cheryl's entire family are a funny bunch, poor Jim lol.

I really enjoy this show. The storylines are good and funny. The kids are even great. There is comedy throughout the show.

Check out the show at least once before dismissing it!
< 1 2 3 4