According to Jim

ABC (ended 2009)

According to Jim Fan Reviews (100)

• Terrible

0.0
    This show is the worst thing to ever appear on television. horrible. terrible. bad. ew. gah. you're kidding, right? yuck. i hate it. it's so lame. not funny at all. i do not know why it is still on the air. depressing really ... geez, isn't this fifty words yet?
  • What a bunch of B.S.

0.0
    Wow, only the first episode, and already this one has jumped. What a disappointment, because the promos looked so promising. The show was going merrily along like any typical "sitcom" these days, cute kids who are not funny, but then in the last few minutes Belushi took off his shirt and started rolling his fat all around. GROSS!!! That totally ruined it. I guess the attempt at "sexy comedy" was supposed to make up for the total lack of real comedy. The lead-in show (My Wife and Kids) was so good, then this bomb came on. This show stinks out loud! Nobody cares about Jim Belushi nor his grandma wife!
  • I can\'t believe there are good reviews for this

0.0
    I just spent 5 minutes laughing over the fact that there are people who gave good reviews for this show. Unbelievable. It is representative of everything wrong with American television - vapid, mindless crap crammed into 20 minutes.

Anybody who watches this really needs to stop. I can\'t believe that intelligent, priceless classics like Arrested Development get axes while this show gets to see 100 episodes. Unbelievable.
  • Another show with a Fat leading man and good looking wife?

0.0
    This show was not funny when it first aired and is even more unfunny now. The trend of shows with marginal looking leading men with knock-out wives is tired. Jim Belushi is best when he's playing the bad guy. Courtney Thorne Smith is not a comedic actress and never will be. She is better in straight dramatic roles.

Jim's sidekick is even more fouls with his flabby belly that is often shown. It's a tired formula of "roughed and insensitive husband" learning lessons but still being a bone-head. Jim gives all guys a bad rap. It's not funny watching a show about rude behavior and the fighting between the sexes....it's old and I'm suprised that this show is still on the air
  • Terrible

According to Jim is so terrible I wish I could pull my own eyes out with a red hot poker just so I can't watch any more of it, but then I remember I can just turn the channel and everything is okay but it's still annoying that this show was ever put on TV and even surpassing that it was on for several seasons! I hate having to be careful when I flip the channels to make sure I avoid stopping for more than a split second on whatever channel reruns of this awful show are on, I don't want to even accidentally watch it at all because I'm sure it is doing serious damage to my brain. The writing and acting are crap and Jim Belushi has less talent than everyone in the world except maybe the other fat guy on this show who plays his friend and is even more annoying and talentless that Jim is. I hate hate hate this show.
  • Show should have ended two years ago while on top of the game.

"Jim" had it's glory days as most shows do. The first four years of the show were excellent and I still occasionally watch the reruns. After around a six year run the party is over for cast and crew. The party should have ended with the conclusion of the 2006 season. You always want to go out on top of your game. Anyway, Kimberly Williams-Paisley is gone, Courtney Thorne Smith is doing cameos at best, and most of the adult female lines are given to the tweenage girls. The show is already out of my DVR 2008-2009 lineup. Please cancel this boat load of crap and try to save what face, if any, if left.
  • Abysmal Pretty Much Sums It Up....

There is absolutely nothing good about this show at all. The only reason the untalented hack who plays Jim's friend is on TV at all is that he's the only guy in the world *less* talented and attractive than Jim Belushi, so he plays Jim Belushi's friend on this all-tapes-should-be-burned travesty of a sitcom According to Jim, in a transparent effort to make Jim look at least a little bit better by comparison. It says a lot that on a show with absolutely nothing going for it, with jokes that are completely unfunny and predictable, loaded with one-dimensional characters who are also unfunny and predictable, this guy still stands out as being the worst, least talented character on this show. How is garbage like this put on TV?
    Oh and we're supposed to believe that the good looking girl is actually married to that fat slob idiot Jim Belushi? Note to the good looking actress - if you're pretending to be married to Jim in an effort to get closer to John Belushi, he's dead. Which raises the question, why is Jim Belushi still getting work?
  • what is this what the hll is this dana and wife of jim this show is ptrid make this thing what is this ichy dana character her arms are always lifting into the air into the cmera to the audience like making karate this bastrd reviling to audience

what is this what the hll is this dana and wife of jim this show is ptrid rotten make this thing what is this ichy dana character her arms are always lifting into the air into the cmera to the audience like making karate this bastrd is reviling to audience kick the as of this showwhat is this what the hll is this dana and wife of jim this show is outrid rotten make this thing what is this ichy dana character her arms are always lifting into the air into the cmera to the audience like making karate this bastrd reviling to audience kick the as of this show
  • According to me, it blows!

I can see where some people might be fooled into thinking this show is actually funny . . . there's a 'loveable'/overweight everyman father, know it all kids and relative who lives nearby and a nagging/Mother knows best. All the ingredients for a great family sitcom. Except, Jim Belushi . . .who, despite being mildly succesful in films, may have gone a step outside of his realm with this show.

I am always bored stiff of this show, on the few occasions when I am subjected to a clip or when I end up watching it because I lost my remote. I've seen one complete episode over the life of this series atrocity, and that's all I need to be able to say -DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!
  • is this still on?

why hasn't this show been cancelled yet? now i understand that sitcoms are basically all the same, but i do not know of one this bad that has been on this long. of the few times that i have had to sit through an entire episode i have found myself getting dumber every minute.
  • This show has officially jumped the shark. Just saw the episode \\\\\\\"Polite Jim\\\\\\\" and what a steaming pile! That writer Mike Fox should never be allowed to work again!

This show has officially jumped the shark. Just saw the episode "Polite Jim" and what a steaming pile! That writer Mike Fox should never be allowed to work again! What's sad is just how great the show was before this episode. I don't know how poor Jim Belushi got through the taping of this episode.
  • Worst piece of crap on tv

this show is totally stupid.the jokes are dumbish,unfunny and childish,even 3-year-old kids understand them.the plot is very stupid and predictable,it is totally lack of intelligence.this is the worst tv show that i've seen in my entire life.unfortunately this show lasts 5 seasons,on the otherhand arrested development; the most intelligent,the smartest,the funniest show on tv; is getting cancelled.shame on you america,shame on you.....
  • Waste of time.

One of the most unoriginal shows on TV. The typical dumb, fat husband who somehow picks up a stunning wife. Yawn. Simpsons, king of queens, home improvement, family guy. Really struggles for laughs. I cant understand why Tv shows cant think of a new formula other than dumb guy and hot wife who cant cook. Also has the same in laws, brothers, sisters thing we have seen before in everybody loves raymond. This show really is a dissapointment i cant believe it has made it in to its 5th season. The show has a major problem with its laugh track, it really needs to be turned down, A lot.
  • It won't die!!!

What is the love affair that ABC has with this show? I'll admit that in its early day it was a funny and entertaining show. But now it just has no more rubber left on its tires. Why can't ABC just move on. The ratings are not all that great and their not going to get any better.

Please ABC, put it out of it's misery! ! ! !
  • This show is about an over sexed fat guy who thinks the world revolves around his beer drinking. The jokes are what my 12 year old thinks is funny burbing, farting. What a waste! Jim is an amazing musician, but dude give up the white trash comedy!

2.5
    I have a very hard time with this show. Jim is sooo good at music, I have been to see his show twice. His comedy during his musical show is good. I just can't get the white trash image out of my head with this show. Jim and Courtney argue and try to lie or trick each other in almost every episode. Don't even get me started on Andy who for some reason thinks he is sexy and continues to show up in episodes in boxers. Dude no one needs to be subjected to that! If I don't like the show how do I know so much about it? My 12 year old thinks it's funny. I try to read or find another tv in the house when subject to this. I do look up from my book when Jim is playing his music on the show. If you're going to keep this show going, put more of the harminica, and blues in it.
  • "According to Jim" is unfunny, annoying and overacted.

3.1
    "According to Jim" is a ABC show. It stars Jim Belushi, the brother of the late legendary John Belushi.

"According to Jim" is about Jim, a dad who is lazy and somewhat fat. Jim is married to Cheyrl, his wife who is a overprottected mother of three. The three little children Gracie, Ruby, and Kyle are pretty much the same personalities of T.V. children, annoying, loud and I think cute. Dana, the sister in law who is annoying and somewhat bossy. Andy, the brother in law and best friend of Jim, he is fat and good friend.

The show's problem is that the characters are overacted, and also the show feels more like a cartoon than a live action show. This show also feels more like bloopers from old sitcom shows about families. But, I thought some of the ideas in "According to Jim" were kinda creative. But, I recommeded skipping "According to Jim".

3.1 out of 10.
  • watchable

jim himself is the worst character he acts like a prick although his wife and the other girl are hot
  • Cookie Cutter sitcom but it is an okay show.

According to Jim is just a basic sit com. The jokes are sometimes pretty good but sometimes they are not. I do enjoy it but mostly since nothin else I wanna watch is on at the time. Like I said Jim is just an okay show but Its been on a while and I would like to see if it can improve
  • I dont really like this show.

Everytime I watch this show i have this feeling of a lack of story line and i am confused... or i just lose intrest very quickly and turn it off. Maybe if it had a better story line that i could agree with or something in common with me i would watch it.
  • In a word: Undemanding.

5.5
    Utterly ordinary family comedy. Tired character types with the oafish husband, know-it-all wife, and troublemaking best friend - they only started this formula 60 years ago with The Honeymooners. Sure there are some funny jokes but rubberstamped situations add nothing original whatsoever to the genre. The fact that this was on the air for 8 years speaks volumes about the lack of discernment from the average viewer.

• Jim Belushi stars as Jim, with a soft spot for his wife, Cheryl (Courtney Thorne-Smith), and their three precocious kids -- Ruby (Taylor Atelian), Gracie (Billi Bruno) and Kyle (Conner Rayburn).

5.5
    I pretty much only watch this at 6:00 during the week. I don't really watch the new episodes that are on. This show can be funny, but all they really do is argue Jim and Cheryl. It does have some humor to it though. When there's nothing else on, this is enjoyable and entertaining. The kids on this show are cute though. I like them. It's always interesting to see what Jim will do next, he always does the stupidest things. I heard the they are not making new episodes anymore, so that's fine with me. I pretty much would take it or leave it with this show.
  • Family Sitcom Above Average

Title: According To Jim Other Title: The Dad Date (Original Run): 2001- Country: USA Network: USA: ABC Australia: Seven Network Cast: James) Belushi: Jim Courtney Thorne-Smith: Cheryl Kimberly Williams: Dana Larry Joe Campbell: Andy Taylor Atelian: Ruby Billi Bruno: Gracie Genre: Sitcom My Rating And Comments: 6/10

James Belushi's acting is good in this show as well as his other films, so is Courtney Thorne-Smith , Larry Joe Campbell's acting is quite good as well as Kimberly Williams, young Taylor Atelian and Billi Bruno do a good job supporting the show

Bottom Line: Acceptable Family Sitcom Above Average
  • Not ment for broadcasting.

6.2
    According To Jim is a show I have been watching with my family for a while now. I really don't like the subjects they put into alot of the episodes. Come on. Leaving their pregnant daughter home just so they can finish their little record of "mommy and daddy time" in every state. Kinda stupid if you ask me. Plus, the characters arn't even that original. 2 Beerbellies. Thats about it. This is a show I deffinatly would not recomend unless you're dying for humor. If that's the case watch it for a good 5 minutes. If its not funny at all, by all means, CHANGE THE CHANNEL.
  • What is the deal?

I never thought and still don't think that Jim Bulushi is at all funny. I never thought his brother was funny either. This show isn't bad, but it isn't very good either. I would say the good parts of the show would have to be the acting on the behalf of the actress Courtney Thorne-Smith. The comedy was average and sometimes non-existent. I didn't like the storylines and the side characters as well as the writing for this show. It never did enough to distance itslef from other sitcoms and to make a lasting impression. Overall, it is just an average show. Thank you.
  • Stupid, but relaxing.

You've just spent six hours reading about how other people think you should interpret Dostoevsky - when you get home, you don't want Bill Maher, any of the Bristows, the Bluths or something Whedonesque, you want Jim... Jimmy... James... Jimbo! The show is a "my girlfriend is sleeping with my best friend but I have just broken my leg in three places so this hurts more" kind of distraction. It's not pretty, but it works every time. So as to keep leg-breakage to a minimum, a couple of nice folks came together and created "According To Jim" - a story about something as original as a husband who screws everything up, has his stable and way too attractive wife call him up on it - but... in the end everyone laughs and gets along and are happy - just like families everywhere!
  • Cracks me up everytime

6.8
    Funny as hell, but Not one of my favorites, I watch it if nothing else is on, I used to watch with my family when younger when I didn't have a TV in my room and was forced to watch something with them,,so I was kind forced to like it LOL.. Not but it is really funny... L L l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
  • Its not that bad!

7.2
    The main problem I have with this show is that it is so much like all the other family sitcoms that are on at the moment.

But to be honest this is really the pick of the bunch. Thats not really saying enough, but Belushi is appealing as the dad and I might have laughed a couple of times at this show.

Nothing ground breaking, nothing special - but there are much worse ones out there!
  • Show

7.2
  • Typical family sitcom.

7.3
    This is a typical family sitcom where the main husband / father does something to anger another family member and everyone makes up in the end. Jim is a typical sports loving guy with a decent job but usually makes the dumbest mistakes. Of course, his wife is always sensible and balances him out. The only thing that slightly separates this show from all the other sitcoms is that in many episodes, Cheryl and her not so perky sister Dana team up against Jim. (Sometimes it seems like just to see him suffer.) This show is worth watching if you're looking to pass some time.
  • Not the best show in the world.

7.4
    Not the best show in the world. To me this is your average show, a dad which is out of control some of the time. A smart wife who keeps him in line. Children, and family members who wont leave. Or you always see them at thier house. But some episodes are funny, so it's a ok show.
< 1 2 3 4