According to Jim

ABC (ended 2009)

According to Jim Fan Reviews (100)

• Jim Belushi stars in this awesome and hilarious sitcom "According to Jim"

Jim Belushi is a great actor and I think he not only does a terrific job in his movies but he also does a terrific job with this sitcom "According to Jim". This show makes me laugh very hard. All of the characters in this show are likable and they are all just absolutely hilarious. Whenever I need a good laugh, I would watch other sitcoms I really enjoy but I would also watch this sitcom as well because it's very enjoyable and it's hilarious. It's a sitcom that the whole family should watch. It definitely is a family sitcom. It's pretty family-friendly so I would suggest watching an awesome and hilarious sitcom like "According to Jim". Jim Belushi plays as the lovable but abrasive father. Jim is a fan of blues music and is also a fan of Chicago Bears, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls, and Chicago Blackhawks. He also has a wife named Cheryl, has two daughters named Ruby and Gracie. They also have a son named Kyle. Jim is best friends with Cheryl's brother Andy. Cheryl also has a sister named Dana. Dana frequently teams with Cheryl against Jim. Most of the storylines are absolutely hilarious and enjoyable and this sitcom is just awesome. Overall, I love "According to Jim" and it's one of the best sitcoms I've seen. 10/10
  • why did you take this show off ,i work for a big company and more then half of the people that i have talked to are asking the same question where is according to jim please bring it back

why did you take this show off ,i work for a big company and more then half of the people that i have talked to are asking the same question where is accouding to jim , this show was so funny it makes people smile and laugh , with all the things going on in the world today people need some laughter in there life please bring it back we love all the people that play in this show they are all perfect for there parts please bring it back bring back according to jim , i cant understand how a good show like this could just be gone when there are so many show on the air that have lower ratings ,, bring back according to jim
  • Why I Love this Show

I love this show. It's sort of a cross between "Married With Children" and "Home Improvement." Jim Belushi is one of the funniest guys I know, and both Courtney Thorne Smith and Kimberly Williams are total babes. The show gives me hope a guy like me could get a hot wife, but if I was Jim, I wouldn't be so quick to constantly put one over on the wife. His partner in crime played by Larry Joe Campbell is sort of described as Doogie Howser with a weight problem and obsession for science fiction and fantasy, but he's a fun sidekick. What I like most about this show is that Courtney is even sexier when she's angry, and she's angry a lot - she's a lot of fun when she's getting revenge on Jim, and I think he knows it; why else would he constantly be trying to pull one over on her?
  • I've read a lot of negative reviews for According to Jim - to each his own, but they just don't get the show.

I've watched this show from the beginning basically because of Courtney Thorne-Smith. This show isn't meant to be the funniest or the deepest on the air. This show is just to give you a half hour of good natured fun without a lot of thought involved. After working all day it's nice to have a couple of shows you can just enjoy without having to have a website to figure out everything that's going on - a~la Lost. If you don't like the show, don't watch it but don't come on here and bash it. Those of us that do like it, enjoy it and that's our right as well

DR
  • According To Jim is a show about a husband and wive's daily drama-but the couple in this show has a bit of a different type of drama! Jim,the main star,is a very sarcastic and fun man. But his wife,Cheryl,and their two kids,Gracie and Ruby are used to it.

According To Jim is like the best show ever! It is completely hilarious! I love it! I have Time Warner Cable and I make sure every episode is recorded. It is a nice family show, too! You should try watching it! I highly recommend it. Dana and Andy (Cheryl's Brother and sister) are the funniest characters. But so are Cheryl and Jim's kids, Gracie and Ruby....and Jim....and Cheryl! But wait! So are their neighbors Cindy and Tim! Oh,yeah They are HILARIOUS! I guess everybody in this show is funny. Please, just try it. I am almost sure you'd love it! That is if you have a fun personality! Airkisses,Puppyluvinchef
  • One of the best sitcoms......

This show is one of the best sitcoms. It is just such a great show that has never failed to make me laugh. The comedy is so good and it makes you want to come back for more. That is how good it is. The actors on this show are great together and I would recommend this show to anyone who is having a bad day. This show could just brighten your day. The actors on this show make it so funny of course but it's what they have that makes it funny. They all have comedic chemistry and that makes this show shine.
  • A Throwback To Those Classic Family Sitcoms America Once Loved.

With all these crappy "reailty" tv shows on very channel now and shows that cant even hit the double digit episode mark, it seems there are no more sitcoms on TV, except According To Jim. He's as lazy as Homer Simpson and As clever as Dr. Huxtable, and while he may not be remembered in that same category as those TV dads, he certainly will be one of the most underatted of all-time as well as show.
  • It's not easy liking Jim, but he always manages to make me laugh with his stupid remarks XD

According to Jim is a great tv show if you like that kind of humor. Jim's jokes are hard to understand most of the time (if he's even joking :P) but once you get used to his behavior, the show becomes quite enjoyable. Jim's victims are his wife, her sister and brother or even his own kids and pretty much all the people around him. But they all love him and are willing to forgive him every single mistake he makes.
    I would recommend this show to everyone who enjoys good comedy and is not offended easily with Jim's remarks. :)
  • I can't believe I actually enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures. You know you're not supposed to enjoy it that much but you can't help enjoying it.

I can't believe I actually enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures. You know you're not supposed to enjoy it that much but you can't help enjoying it. I can't believe I'm typing this but long live According to Jim. You have one more (secret) supporter here! ok.
  • According to Jim in my opnion is one of the best family comedy's made. Awesome show go Jim!

This show is about a family with their world troubles day and night. Jim (Jim Belushi) is married to Cheryl ( Courteney Thorne-Smith) with their three children Ruby (Taylor Atelian), Gracie (Billi Bruno), and Kyle (Conner Rayburn) and Cheryl's sibling Andy (Larry Joe Campbell) and Dana ( Kimberly Willams-Paisley. A family that is a geat comedy show aired in 2001 and is on their ending season 8 right now this show is aired on ABC 8:00 to 9:00. Dana was cut from the show on season 7 because Kimberly was having a baby and it would be to complicated. Jim and Cheryl just had two baby's.
  • one of the funniest shows ever!!

This is an unbelievable funny show....im soo glad it isnt over and im soo glad i get to watch it....Jim is such a funny character! and Cheryl, Andy and Dana are just as funny and entertaining..:D:D this show can keep you watching it and you'll never get bored its beautiful in soo many ways and definatly going to keep you laughing:D:D
    Its a must see television show!!! i advise evryone to watch this show....i can go on and on explaining how amazing it is but i wont..hehe Its basically funny, funny and did i mention f u n n y!! watch it and you'll love it!
  • ...Lastly I mention Jim Belushi. He is just fab in his part as Courtney's hubby. It's both scary and exhilerating to watch him. It's like seeing John Belushi but all grown up and, well, normal (mentally)...

I have watched this from its beginning and I find myself always wanting to watch when it's on. For me, it has a lot to do with the actors on it. I'm so glad Courtney Thorn Smith decided to do ATJ, because it shows a snugly, sweet, Earth Mother side of her that's really appealing. Kimberly Williams is very believable and refreshing as her Single Career Woman With Angst sister. Larry Joe (forgot his last name) is funny and sympathetic and happily helpless as her brother.

Lastly I mention Jim Belushi. He is just fab in his part as Courtney's hubby. It's both scary and exhilerating to watch him. It's like seeing John Belushi but all grown up and, well, normal (mentally). For years now, I've watched Jim and seen only John. Now, thanks to this show, I am finally seeing Jim for Jim. He is pure funny, great timing, great sincerity, and he knows how to be serious when it calls for it. Great dimension for a character who started out as little more than just a caricature. I've been delightfully amazed. He's quite good in this particular role (you know, like Ackroyd is just excellent as the balding Southern good ole boy of both Driving Miss Daisy and My Girl), and I hope this sitcom makes it for a few years so I can keep on enjoying it.

Courtney knows how to hold her own and then some against Jim. They walk the thin line between being the Bundies and the Bunkers and the Buchmans. Their chemistry is very on-target. Everyone's is, actually.

The arguments are quite believable. Good writing. I like the running joke about expanding vocabulary.

This show isn't Seinfeld or Cheers, but it is a solidly written comical commentary on married family life. Couples can watch together and both enjoy it, neither gender is spared, both are poked fun at and both are strongly represented. I agree with the previous post that if you dislike Belushi, you probably won't like it. Ditto for C.T.-S., although she might surprise you.

If you do decide to check it out, give it 3 chances. I didn't warm up to it til after that many episodes, and now I'm glad I gave it a chance. It's a nice change from Reality Everything.
  • A show about two sisters a brother a husband and some kids. A crazy show thats fun to watch.

According to Jim is a great show and its so fun to watch. The series has some quite unexpected things popping up, which I enjoy watching. Also there's so much humor in every episode your almost guaranteed to laugh out loud when your watching it. They usually have a good story line. Which usually picks on Andy or has Jim do something behind Cheryl's back but only to get caught later. The actors and actresses are wonderful in According to Jim. This isn't my favorite show but its not bad and is worth watching so you should watch it some time.
  • Best show on TV

The wife and I still love watching it even though we've seen them all. It's so much more relateable and plausible than most of the junk on TV that it just makes it much more funny.
  • A great family comedy!

John Belushi's little brother Jim Belushi as he stars in a married life comedy about a lazy but loving father named Jim (Jim Belushi) and his wife Cheryl (Courteney Thorne-Smith)star in a family comedy with their children Ruby (Taylor Atelin), Gracie (Billi Bruno), and Kyle (Conner Rayburn). Cheryl's sibling come to their house alot named Dana (Kimberly Willams) and her brother Andy (Larry Joe Campbell). This show first aired in October 3, 2009 and aired their final season in June 2, 2009 that was their 8th season a good run. I describe this show as an amazing show. I rate this show 10.0
  • Jim Belushi stars as Jim, the macho everyman, with a soft spot for his beautiful wife, Cheryl (Courtney Thorne-Smith), and their three precocious kids -- Ruby (Taylor Atelian), Gracie (Billi Bruno) and Kyle (Conner Rayburn). Don't forget Dana and Andy....

What a great way to learn on how to be the man of the family. Watching Jim Belushi, become the tough guy to contribute the success for his family. He teaches his brother in law ways to become that he dreams to be, having the life like Jim, so he doesn't become lonely. In According to Jim his family includes his wife Cheryl, his daughters Ruby and Gracie, and only son Kyle. Outside of his house includes, Cheryl's brother and sister, Andy and Dana. You have to enjoy this show because, their not lovey all the time, they make fun of each other, tease each other, as they can to become such amusing and en joyful family. That's why I enjoy watching this show.
  • It began as well, turned into better, developed into the best.

The show was pretty decent in its beginnings and it just developed into becoming one of ABC's TV's best family sitcoms!

I love shows like According to Jim...They're family-alike and make me feel like we're there. This show deserves more...more appreciation and all..

It should be back for another reason...i love it.
  • This show shows the life of a guy named Jim, with his wife and three kids. Used to be a great show but is getting worse.

This show used to be one of my favorite shows on televion. The early parts of the show were great, but as the seasons went by the show's getting worse. The storyline is that Jim and his wife always get into fights and other related stuff. The main character is Jim, a middle aged lazy man who is always do stupid stuff to get out of doing stuff his wife, Cheryl, and the rest of his family. There is Cheryl, Jim's wife that always tries to get Jim to do stuff and change Jim. There is Jim's brother-in-law, Andy, who is an overweight guy who is normally helping Jim in his plots. There is Cheryl's sister, Diana, who hates Jim and often helps Cheryl find out what Jim and Andy are doing. Jim and Cheryl have three kids, Ruby, Gracie, and Kyle. There are no other real characters they use besides them. A few of my complaints are that they repeating the ideas of an episode so many times. Another is that some stuff that happens would never happen in real life. Even with that I still watch it, but if the series continues for too long I may stop watching it.
  • It's a classic but it's still funny!

So, Jim is a normal sitcom-guy (man) married to a normal sitcom-wife. He is a trouble and she fixes things for him. He messes up everything and she is the one who needs to fix everything. They have 2 little children. They usually make the funny lines with sex talk like: "Robby in school grabbed his penis and stuff like that. There is a chubby dude with a problem with girls and there is a gorgeous girl with problems with boyfriends. Also usual. Although this is a classic and an usual show, it's very fun to watch! I can relax with that show...
  • This was a great show.

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have said bring it back, because Courtney was leaving this season, and the show wouldnt be as great without her, but if the rumors are true, that there might be a midseason run, I would definitely check it out. This show is about one man, Jim, and his family, including his wife Cheryl, her sister Dana, and her brother Andy, and their children Ruby, Gracie, and Kyle. What makes this show great, is that every character is lovable, and it gives them great chemistry to be a better, and funnier show. I'm not sure why some people are complaining that the show didnt get a proper sendoff, as i thought Jim's 50th birthday was a great way to send the show off, especially pictures and video of Jim when he was younger. This was a great show, and i do hope those rumors are true, but until then, reruns on CW will keep me happy for now.
  • Jim a typical American man with a wife and two, dealing with his wife and his brother and sister in law.

Since the first season i have watched this show but every season it seems to get worse. Its always funny, but I seem to lose more and more interest each episode.I predict that this show wont last very much longer. Too bad though because it started off quite good. So if you need something to watch and its on give it a try for an episode or two.
  • This show is better than what critics say.

It seems critics and people like to bash on shows like According to Jim, a show that is actually quite funny with Jim as a very likable and entertaining guy, his friend and brother-in-law Andy is also funny and an extremely well support character for Jim.

The show mainly focuses around Jim and his wife, Cheryl, either trying to trick eachother or win an argument, though Dana and Andy usually get caught into it somehow. Although it sounds bland, it truly is a funny show that is worth watching, the writers know how to pull it off quite well.

The show is either a "love it or hate it" type, it's hard to have a middle-ground on it. Some people despise it and wish it was off the air, but people like me find it funny and a good sitcom. I hope they keep listening to the latter and keep the show on the air. I give it an 8.3/10.
  • Not the best, but decent show.

7.7
    While a lot of people hate this show, I actually like it. When there's an episode of "King of Queens" or "Everybody Loves Raymond," if "According to Jim" airs at the same time, I'd rather watcch ATJ. The show maybe isn't the best show in the world, it's not even original or cutting edge, but this show is still funny. I love Courtney-Thorne Smith's performace, and her sister is also quite interesting.

Although Jim may not be the best man ever, he's just a regular man with flaws, just like all of us. For me, the show is pretty good and a half hour worth spending. And it's amazing that this show is on air for 6 seasons. If it wouldn't be good, it wouldn't air for so long.
  • This show is about Jim, his wife Cheryl,and their kids Ruby, Gracie, and Kyle. Cheryl's brother and sister are also central to the theme.

I watched a couple of episodes from this show in it's sixth season, and was surprised that Jim was actually entertaining. Courtney Thorne-Smith and Kimberly Williams work well together and make believable sisters. They're always picking on their brother Andy and Cheryl's husband Jim. Well, everyone picks on Andy. Even the two little girls, Ruby and Gracie. Dana, played by Kimberly, once commented that Cheryl married beneath her. Jim responded that he wasn't offended because he married above him. That sums up the basis of their marriage. Jim is always embarassing his wife especially around the neighborhood. Jim Belushi's real-life children often play parts on the show.
  • Funny.

According to jim is a sitcom about a man named Jim his three kids and his wife cheryl. According to jim airs on abc and it's one of the funniest shows on tv at the moment. I think it's going into it's final season. My favourite charachter is jim and cheryls sister dana is also quite funny. Some episodes of this show that i have watched have been a little dull like the episode when jim tries to run a marathon so his kid will continue playing besketball but there are hilarious episodes like the one he meets up with his ex girlfriend to start up a business.

Overall: A decent show.
  • Typical family sitcom.

7.3
    This is a typical family sitcom where the main husband / father does something to anger another family member and everyone makes up in the end. Jim is a typical sports loving guy with a decent job but usually makes the dumbest mistakes. Of course, his wife is always sensible and balances him out. The only thing that slightly separates this show from all the other sitcoms is that in many episodes, Cheryl and her not so perky sister Dana team up against Jim. (Sometimes it seems like just to see him suffer.) This show is worth watching if you're looking to pass some time.
  • According to Jim is a hilarious show, starring the famous Jim Belushi as Jim and his wacky family!

According to Jim is one of my favourite shows, and I think that it is very funny. And the food jokes about Jim make it better and better. I really like it, but, I had to get used to it at first. The jokes get really funny, especially Jim's obsession with food. Cheryl is also a great character, and I love seeing her in all the episodes. I think that the show is really funny, considering the crazy families, and all the jokes about love, family and so on. I also really like it when Jim makes jokes about Cheryl.
  • It's a great funny show :D

It's a great funny show :D

I love this show it's hilarious. I love everything about this show, especially the relationship between Dana and Jim, and Jim and Cheryl, and Gracie and Andy hehehehhehehe :D
    James Belushi is so funny, here in my country they put the Show late at night 12:30 pm I love to stay late just to watch it and every day at school I was sleepy because I had stayed up late the night before, but According to Jim totally worth it I recommend everybody to watch it because its soooooo funny :D

This 100 words really bugs
  • A sitcom about a normal family in downtown Chicago, but is it really normal. Not when Jim, the head of the family, is only interested in three things: sports, beer, food. Not when Andy, is best friend, has only two things in mind: dating women and food.

I first saw "According to Jim" in 2006 and from the first day, I have fallen in love with it. I really like the whole concept of the show even though one has to admit that it is nothing new. What I really like is the fact that the series is all about comedy and that there are no hart-breaking, serious moments included in this one. Most of the time the comedy series of today are depicted with dramatic sequences (such as Scrubs,...) and when I watch a comedy series and don't want to think about problems with which I am confronted everyday, I just want to relax and have a good time. If I want drama, I watch the everyday news.
    Back to "According to Jim": Every character in this series brings something different to the table and I can see bits of myself in every single character. Naturally my favourite character is Andy, Jim's best friend, who is trying everything, and by everything I mean literally everything, to get a woman. Unfortunately with his "imposing" physique his chances aren't really that good.
    Cheryl can be seen as the "good conscience" of the family and she tries really hard to educate her children, even though Jim isn't always the best role model for their three little kids.
    To conclude I think that "According to Jim" is a series that has gotten better every season, the sixth season being the top, and fortunately ABC has decided to give it another shot with a seventh season, which it deserves no doubt about it.
  • This is the funniest family comedy since Everybody Loves Raymond and The King of Queens!

I found this show b/c I was looking for something to replace Raymond on my TIVO. I've seen every episode of Raymond 5-6 times and wanted something new. According to Jim makes my husband and I laugh so hard we cry!! We LOVE this show just as much as Raymond or King of Queens!. Jim Belushi is hysterical and the chemistry between all the actors is outstanding. The show needs more publicity so more people will hear about it and watch it. I look forward to the re-runs every single day. It's GREAT!!! Keep 'em coming season after season!
< 1 2 3 4