According to Jim

The Cheater

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 13, 2008 on ABC

• Cheryl wants to play an obscure Middle Ages board game she always seems to win, but Jim, Dana and Andy scheme to prove she is cheating.

It is episodes like this one that remind me how much I love this series, but upon closer watch, there's a few things that don't seem to make sense. Dana has been drunk several times before, so where did this thing with her hitting on Jim come from? Another thing, Cheryl has always been the most moral center of the group. Watching and hearing that she cheats at a board game seems to be a stretch; the reason for it seems to be a stretch. I also wonder why this crazy board game hasn't been mentioned before, although in the back of my mind, I guess losing at it so often wouldn't make it popular among anyone but Cheryl. With the taboo references in it, I can't believe it'd be approved by anyone. The biggest mystery: what happened to Ryan and Dan's son? She's married now. Why isn't she constantly talking to her hubby over her phone? Overall, great episode, but a few lagging mysteries.