TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Ace Lightning Forums

BBC (ended 2005)

Random's little problem

Gladrius

[1]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 21
    Does Random Virus ever conquer his split personality in the second season, or is it something he continues to struggle with until the very end? I live in America so I've never seen the second season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

evilgidgit

[2]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 7
    Unfortunately not. Random is captured by Kilobyte but is saved by Ace. In the cancelled Season 3, he might have possibly destroyed it.

LightningFlash8

[3]Sep 28, 2006
    • level: 3

http://acelightningboard.com

You can always visit the Ace Lightning forum to catch up on the new season, although anyone looking around the Ace Lightning page here on TV.com could be forgiven for thinking you hate the show.

Gladrius

[4]Feb 12, 2007
    I don't hate it I just think it's generic. I mean come on, "Ace Lightning," "Pig Face," "Lord Fear," aren't those generic names?

LightningFlash8

[5]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 3

You've got to remember that these are characters from a kids' video game. I mean, 'Crash Bandicoot' and 'Sonic the Hedgehog' aren't all that different.

I don't think it's generic at all. It's the first kids' show I ever saw that covered a lot of darker themes, such as death, the ramifications of kids racing off to help superheroes, possible physical abuse, the hero not always being right and wise and strong, serious mental problems, necrophilia, etc. AND Ace actually got away with things like that, because they handled it so well.

Gladrius

[6]Feb 14, 2007

NECROPHILIA???? I hope you're thinking of the figurative meaning.

Edited on 02/14/2007 7:41am
    Edited 2 total times.

Gladrius

[7]Feb 14, 2007

Let me just clarify  my standpoint so we can put this to rest: I do not hate Ace Lightning. Ask evilgidgit, I've done lots of work fleshing out its articles on wikipedia and I religiously recorded the episodes when it was still being shown in America. The whole reason I started this thread was because I have a favorite character I wanted to know more about. And I agree that the show presents a lot of those issues you mentioned (except necrophilia...), which are great things to teach. That's where I run into a little trouble, though. It seems to me like more effort went into finding the morals they wanted to teach than on the characters who'd teach them.

"Ace Lightning" sounds like a name they came up with in two seconds, and you can't compare him to Sonic or Crash. They were created to sell videogames, not teach lessons on a TV show. Even if the characters supposedly sprang from a videogame, it's still two different things. I like this show because it blends CGI with real people and because it tends to have good action sequences; it's just when they try to show the game characters not in action sequences that the show tends to lose me. If you think about it Mark is the real hero of the show. For the first season at least Ace and Sparx are mostly there for Mark to learn his real values from contact with them and do the fighting. It was pretty rare for the Lightning Knights to learn a lesson or have a thought besides, "Oh, we must save the world from Lord Fear!" or "This is boring! I wanna go kick some butt!" I like Random Virus because his concept raises him above having one boring thought at all time. He wants to help the others but he's held back by the knowledge that at any second he could turn on them and make things even worse.

I don't hate the show, although it did have some exasperating episodes (and in fact I think I'll go reevaluate what I said about some of them). I just say filling out the charactersmore would've helped it.

Edited on 02/14/2007 11:20am
    Edited 6 total times.

evilgidgit

[8]Mar 11, 2007

Please do not argue. It is true Gladrius has done a lot of work on the Ace articles on Wikipedia but so have I too and even Lightning Flash has done some edits too. Plus I have known you two for about the same equal length.

To Lightning Flash, you know me very well...

Gladrius

[9]May 3, 2007
    Too bad about the third season.

evilgidgit

[10]May 20, 2007

Yeah it is a shame. Rick Siggelkow told me that the BBC stopped it because they didn't recieve enough income from the merchandise, even though there was little released for the first season and none for the second. However, I got some info out of him:

• Ace was going to venture into the game to find Lady Illusion, possibly freeing Kilobyte and Rick too.
    • Lord Fear, Staff Head and Dirty Rat would be hiding out with Mr. Cheseborough. Fear would use his knowledge and technology to release his minions from the game since the Amulet was not around.
    • Rick would be "half animated, half human".
    • Candy Floss was to be introduced.

Devilslave17

[11]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 1
    my Q; is Did they just throw all the episodes away?? Or is it bosable to find ace lighting some where. the resone i ask is because i love ace lighting.