Ace of Wands

ITV (ended 1972)

TheOldBill

Ace of Wands Fan Reviews (4)

6.2
  • Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called Ace of Wands in the first place?
  • Ace of Wands blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations.

Ace of Wands blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations. Mind you, there were some problems (most discontinuity issues) that I don't have the time to mention but all in all, a solid 9.
  • How could I forget this...?

What a great premise for a TV series. This was broadcast over here in New Zealand in the seventies - though it appears all we got was the third series. Oddly however I was sure I\'d remembered bits from the Tony Selby and Judy Loe episodes (Series One and Two)...

I recently rediscovered this show from others who mentioned it and did a Google search. Seeing and hearing the opening title sequence brought back a lot of long-forgotten memories. I seem to remember bits of \"The Power of Atep\" and (possibly) \"Mama Doc\".

Such a shame that much of it no longer exists in Thames TV\'s archives. Sadly, Series Three is all that remains and is long overdue for DVD release.

Bring back the seventies!
  • Before my time.

I remember this TV series was back in the early 1970s because it had such an impact on me as a young teenager(only just). I fell in love with the lead character Tarot and aspired to be like his assistant Lulli.

It has stayed in my mind over 20 years so it must have had something. I remember the main character was a performing magician/conjurer who was involved in solving mysteries of a supernatural/magical nature and I remember a guy with a white glove who used to refer to it as the hand of stabs or something similar. I used to rush home from school to watch it - wish we'd had video recorders then I'd love to see it again. Anyone else out there remember it?