Action

FOX (ended 1999)

Action Fan Reviews (12)

• I cried when this masterpiece was 86ed! Yes,masterpiece!One of my top ten fav. shows of all time!Dripping with irony,saturated with analytical,poignant humour,Action combined superb writing,casting,and acting(a true niche for Jay Mohr) to produce a come

I cried when this masterpiece was 86ed! Yes,masterpiece!One of my top ten fav. shows of all time!Dripping with irony,saturated with analytical,poignant humour,Action combined superb writing,casting,and acting(a true niche for Jay Mohr) to produce a comedic,cutting edge view of Hollywood.
    Hooker's,homo's,rehab,whacko's,pimps,drug,gangster's,and all imaginable wierdness and perversion,along with some excellent cameo's,kept Action fast paced,as well as courageously funny.
    That Action made it on to conventional television at all remains a source of amazement.Perfectly suited for late night cable,Action might have lived longer,but sadly,suffered the same sad fate as the simmilar Fat Actress,also brilliant and daring.Other ,similar,quality shows spoofing telvision and Hollywood are (were)Larry Sanders and Beggers and Choosers,but Action was the hardest hitting,and remains my fav......Please bring it back,and while you're at it......Sledgehammer......