Adam-12

NBC (ended 1975)

bleech224

Adam-12 Fan Reviews (19)

• Another Brilliant Jack Webb Production

I've watched almost every show in the series at least twice and in one sense this series is timeless. Sure police techniques have changed some and there's a dizzying array of technology that wasn't around when the show was filmed, but at the end of the day, a police officer is sworn to protect and serve.

I think Adam-12 is such a great program because we see so many different aspects of police work and some terrific interactions between police and both criminals and victims. They are stern and use force when necessary and are equally capable of extending compassion and empathy when needed. We see both professional and personal bonds between Malloy and Reed. In addition to being partners, Malloy is Reed's son's godfather and they help each other out in life when they can.

I have a deep respect for our police force and all first responders. I think the police especially have a thankless job with some people just waiting to pounce on any small mistake an officer makes. I am happy to see police cars on the road and to know that they are on the job protecting us. Adam-12 gives us inside look and, I think, the opportunity to better understand and be truly grateful for the men and women that put their lives on the line so that we can live ours in peace and freedom.