Adam Hills in Gordon St Tonight

Episode 1

Aired Wednesday 8:30 PM Feb 09, 2011 on ABC1

• Top-notch entertainment.

Great show, and adds something to Australian TV that has been missing since Rove left our screens a couple of years ago.

I really enjoy Adam Hills, not only because he has one foot, or that he is always mistaken for Wil Anderson, but mostly because his comedy is clean cut, barely mentions sex and is very down to earth.

This show was great for a few reasons. His interviews with guests were funny and entertaining, the incorperation of 'set-warming gifts' into the show was a great idea, but most of all the audience participation was what made me fall in love with the show. We always see chat shows with their fancy celebrity guests talking about thier famous and glamorous lives, but rarely we experience the lives of everyday people, unless it's on current affair programs or biographies that can be sometimes entertaining, but way too much. This format gives a little about a person and shows their character without delving into their lives so much to make you uncomfortable. The live format also helps with spontaneity as only live TV can.

Highlights from the audience include the frowning website, Adam's teammate from gymnastics class in a hand stand-off, and the dancing kitty gift from an audience member that turned out to be a show winner, even featured in an auction on the shows website.

Here's a show I'll be tuning into, every week, without fail.