Adventure Inc

(ended 2003)

Gislef

Adventure Inc Fan Reviews (5)

6.6
  • The show is a low-budget production, that's obvious. Still the show has an eye for details, even though if it isn't for the story. Don't expect too much of this show, but if you got some free time it might be something for you. Why? Read here!

7.8
    Adventure Inc. is obviously a low budget show. Three main characters, that’s all. No other regulars. Some of the special effects are really bad. I mean especially when they show an airplane. Then it just looks awful.
    However this show had its positive sides as well. They actually filmed a lot of the scenes on location. I mean that you simply can see. The European countries are so individual you just can see if they are there or not. You see some scenes, often the harbour scenes that they are in North America or in a studio there, but not on location. However most scenes in Greece, Italy, France and England appear to be filmed on location – something that did surprise me, since outdoor filming is usually known as expensive. What was even a bigger surprise to me was that when they are around in Europe, the names and locations are named correctly – something I don’t see that often in US series. Expect once even the number plates on the cars are correct. Why they were filming in the Ukraine instead of Russia makes sense, but they could have their story written for the Ukraine as well.

Well enough of that. Most stories they fallow are just stupid. Well all of them are based on real myths and that stuff, still so much simply doesn’t fit together.
    But that all doesn’t matter! I mean the cheap special effects and the often stupid storylines and stereotype enemies. The show is guilty pleasure anyways. I mean there’s always a lot of action – fistfights and shootings. Something that is always nice to see, even though everyone misses out on 10 yards distance with an automatic weapon. The fistfights however are often way more fun out of one reason only: Karen Cliche! But more about her later.

The three main characters are pretty simple. It almost looks like all functions were put in a pot and they pulled out lot to every character. It’s not bad though.
    For example:
    Judson: He’s the older leader, but he can take every beating. Knows everything about history – or almost anything.
    Mackenzie: The super hot girl. Ex-soldier, ex-CIA, the fearless fight machine.
    Gabriel: The good looking guy. Rich parents and the geek.

Well what doesn’t really match the picture? Gabriel being the geek and the good looking guy. Sorry, but it doesn’t fit all the other stereo types in the show. And he’s so smart, why doesn’t he know everything about history as well? It doesn’t make much sense. Well for this show it doesn’t really matter. This show doesn’t want to be brain food. It is simple made guilty pleasure.

Honestly why would you want to watch it? If you are a girl, you might like the beautiful locations in Europe and maybe (what I doubt, one of the guys). If you’re a big boy, you watch it for the fights and for the girl. Yes that girl. She really looks hot. I don’t know, but I’m surprised she isn’t a bigger star. She has an almost perfect body. I admit it, I’m a guy and I can’t take my eyes off her.

Even though we have 22 episodes, we don’t really know much about our characters. Of course Judson is the famous explorer who knows people all over the world and has his heart in the right place.
    Gabriel the son of a US Senator and his father is known almost all over the world.
    Mackenzie is the character we know most about. We know almost her entire career.
    Do you recognise something? Besides some exceptions, nothing is known about families, siblings and all other life. Not that I care so much about it, but even other cheap shows have something there.

Also interesting in my eyes is the locations they picked all over Europe. I mean they had to travel all the time, but once they are there, they know exactly where to film, so people would recognise it. When they are in Marseille, you see the only tram they had at that time. This is just one example.

Another surprise for me was that there wasn’t much sex in this show. Usually these cheap shows use it when they have no plot and then it is extensive. Here we only know of some adventures of the team members and they only once it is on longer than someone leaving a bed. Well when looking at the girl that’s almost sad.

Another detail I liked: Almost never the money was the central theme of the show.

Something I didn’t like: Tiny details that don’t make sense. For example when Mackenzie is almost freezing to death, why wouldn’t see close her overall? That’s just one example – there are so many others.

Well why the team suddenly had another ship is still a mystery to me. I guess the bigger one got to expensive. Maybe they switched it, because they went over to Europe. Who knows…

In the end this show reminds me a bit on two other shows: The A-Team and La Femme Nikita.
    Why so?
    The A-Team was a pretty cheap production as well. They did fight a lot too and everyone had the heart in the right place. Even the team has its similarities.
    La Femme Nikita, because of the European locations and all the underground business.

After all I enjoyed this show. I can recommend it to everyone with spare time. If you’re searching for something more demanding, it’s the wrong thing for you. The show has its positive sides you can’t forget that.
  • It has the right formula but somehow comes out as strange.

this show had everything that can make an adventure drama very compelling, somehow if fails to deliver. it's not a very watchable show, it looks a really weird show. it stars a big hollywood hero michael biehn from aliens and navy seals but he wasn't enough to save the show. the problem here was the show's execution. it didn't turn out right. the shows episodic adventure trips are bearable. it's slightly watchable, but it seeing it all doesn't feel enticing, i can simply miss the show and not care about it because it's not that good. something could have been done here to fix the show.
  • Dis show is offensive,loud,cruel,disrespectgul and yet its one of da best shows on TV.I dont know why put I just cant switch da channel.I like the charachter of Michael Biehn.

Dis show is offensive,loud,cruel,disrespectgul and yet its one of da best shows on TV.I dont know why put I just cant switch da channel.I like the charachter of Michael Biehn. Hes da fattest,meanest,most disrespectful thing to ever hit tv.Brilliant. Simply brilliant. I love love love love love this very much
  • I started watching the show because I love Michael Biehn, but I really loved the story lines. The cast worked well together and looked like they had a good time together. I thought it a shame when the show went off the air. ...

I started watching the show because I love Michael Biehn, but I really loved the story lines. The cast worked well together and looked like they had a good time together. I thought it a shame when the show went off the air. They could have taken the show far. I don't know if part of that was Jesse dying or not, but it is still too bad. I have the series on DVD from my taped off episodes and really enjoy watching. Though I have to say the better episodes were the ones Judson didn't have a shirt on - but that's due to my love for Michael.
  • Good

6.1