Adventure Time Forums

Cartoon Network

Why do people like this?

Do you like Adventure Time?

Southparkfa

[1]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 18

Why do alot of people like this show? I usually give even the worst of shows a chance (Like Fanboy and Chum Chum) , but this makes Season 8 Family Guy's look like Masterpieces. My brother likes to watch this, and everytime I see it, I feel like I just die inside. To me it looks like a series of uninspired crap. I mean, a character with a fear of the ocean, an evil spirit living inside someone's bellybutton? Serious, BS.To see this on Cartoon Network, makes me wonder how far childerens cartoons have gone since the days of Ren and Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life. If someone could PLEASE explain why this show is good, I'll hear them out.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LostSasuske

[2]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 6
    Don't even bother with stuff like these this show is good because it's about adventure and saving princesses from the villian The Ice King and all that other stuff like Marceline and the witch who who has a garden of sugarry food it's just an adventure show but I don't think people are gonna reply to this topic though.

Southparkfa

[3]Jul 14, 2010

LostSasuske wrote:
    Don't even bother with stuff like these this show is good because it's about adventure and saving princesses from the villian The Ice King and all that other stuff like Marceline and the witch who who has a garden of sugarry food it's just an adventure show but I don't think people are gonna reply to this topic though.

There's billions of show's that have the topic "Save the princess" or "Go on an adventure", it's been a staple of entertainment since the beginning of time. All I'm saying is "What sets this show apart from the others? What's so great about this show?" All I see is that it makes me wanna rather watch something on TV Land, rather than Cartoon(less) Network

woahwoah678

[4]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 28

How can you hate this show?

Southparkfa

[5]Jul 14, 2010

woahwoah678 wrote:

To me it just seems stupid and unfunny. I've seen a couple episodes and it just doesn't make me laugh. It's one thing for a show to be stupid, as I can be ok with that as long as it's funny, but this, to me at least, is stupid AND unfunny. I have no problem with people liking this, I just want to know why

woahwoah678

[6]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 28

Southparkfa wrote:

woahwoah678 wrote:

To me it just seems stupid and unfunny. I've seen a couple episodes and it just doesn't make me laugh. It's one thing for a show to be stupid, as I can be ok with that as long as it's funny, but this, to me at least, is stupid AND unfunny. I have no problem with people liking this, I just want to know why

They think it's funny.Like me.

Southparkfa

[7]Jul 14, 2010

woahwoah678 wrote:

Southparkfa wrote:

woahwoah678 wrote:

They think it's funny.Like me.

I mean like what makes it funny? The humor, the artwork, the characters, etc. That's all I mean.

peplarry12

[8]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 21

I find it, not exactly "great", but addictive.

I definitely agree- the show's premise is mostly unoriginal (except maybe the Ice King and a couple of other characters) because it's the cliche of "going on adventures", with basically no other development of plot.

However, the show, which is obviously VERY random, could grow on you for awhile. I mean, half the people who say the show is absolutely awful probably only read the synopses and never even saw a promo for the show itself (i.e., searching "adventure" on Google, scrolling down a few pages, and clicking on this).

Not the awesome randomness of Invader Zim, but not the worst I have to say.

Southparkfa

[9]Jul 14, 2010

peplarry12 wrote:

I find it, not exactly "great", but addictive.

I definitely agree- the show's premise is mostly unoriginal (except maybe the Ice King and a couple of other characters) because it's the cliche of "going on adventures", with basically no other development of plot.

However, the show, which is obviously VERY random, could grow on you for awhile. I mean, half the people who say the show is absolutely awful probably only read the synopses and never even saw a promo for the show itself (i.e., searching "adventure" on Google, scrolling down a few pages, and clicking on this).

Not the awesome randomness of Invader Zim, but not the worst I have to say.

I've actually seen around 3 episodes (3 11 minute episodes if you wanna be specific) and I have to admit, I can see how it can be addictive. I still don't like it anymore than I did before I started this fourm, but I got my answer at least

gunning6

[10]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 1
    the animation and creativity in the show is charming, but the writing annoys the crap out of me. it's got that childish, "omg random" quality to it that only annoying people find funny.

Southparkfa

[11]Jul 14, 2010

gunning6 wrote:
    the animation and creativity in the show is charming, but the writing annoys the crap out of me. it's got that childish, "omg random" quality to it that only annoying people find funny.

The animation is kinda crappy, but I've seen worse. The storylines really suck though, it's like something my little brother would write or something like that, like with one episode it was like the kid was afraid of the ocean, and then some evil soul came out of his belly button or something, eh it just seems too stupid for most people to really like. I will admit that some of the characters, like the Ice King are interesting.

nicknameless101

[13]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 25

Doriguin wrote:

Considering the current condition of cartoons, this is very recommendable. The feel of this show in particular is that of a classic Cartoon Network program, but with a very interesting and contemporary accession. The theme has been seen before, but there's enough originality to make it something different and engaging. The humor is that of classic cartoon antics, which are a wonderful change from the toilet humor that themes many other recent cartoons. I'm very curious to see where this show takes their viewers next. Since the show hasn't completed its first season, I don't really understand how one could derive complete unconstructive criticism this early on. Such early negativity comes off as being mostly impulsive and one-dimensional. I would wait for the first season to reach full completion before trying to state such criticism in depth. Once completed, it's advisable to re-watch all the episodes and take notes to properly pinpoint the undesirable areas of the show.

You have some very good points, there. I know this show has only a few episodes right now, but so far, I really like this show.

Southparkfa

[14]Jul 20, 2010

Doriguin wrote:

Considering the current condition of cartoons, this is very recommendable. The feel of this show in particular is that of a classic Cartoon Network program, but with a very interesting and contemporary accession. The theme has been seen before, but there's enough originality to make it something different and engaging. The humor is that of classic cartoon antics, which are a wonderful change from the toilet humor that themes many other recent cartoons. I'm very curious to see where this show takes their viewers next. Since the show hasn't completed its first season, I don't really understand how one could derive complete unconstructive criticism this early on. Such early negativity comes off as being mostly impulsive and one-dimensional. I would wait for the first season to reach full completion before trying to state such criticism in depth. Once completed, it's advisable to re-watch all the episodes and take notes to properly pinpoint the undesirable areas of the show.

I don't care for this show at all. Firstly, the animation stinks. Secondly, I don't know where your getting this "feels like classic cartoon network programming" from, because to me I don't see that at all. And finally, the show is just a boy and a dog going on adventures and random stuff happen. I just don't see the true appeal of that, and when I actually watched a couple episodes, it was even worse than I thought. So, those are the reasons that I don't enjoy this show, and just contributes to the falling state of CN

Southparkfa

[16]Jul 20, 2010

Doriguin wrote:

You missed the message of my comment by trying to be winning and overbearing in yours. To criticize your thinking, you sight no examples to uphold your claimssome being aspects you visibly no nothing about. Perhaps, you may not understand my reasoning as you've yet to completely understand yours.

Winning and Overbearing? Ok, I just don't like this show. To me, it's just random stuff happening with 2 main characters in the middle of it all. I grew up with Cartoon Network, I know how a "classic Cartoon Network" would feel, and to me this show is not "Classic Cartoon Network." Before you go saying that I understand my own thinking, think of this: the fact that you like "Adventure Time" is just your opinion. I don't get your reasoning completely as this show is unoriginal, humorless, and gross. I have alot of friends who love this show, and I'm fine with them, I don't tell them that they don't understand reason. Here's some examples: Unoriginal: Jake and Finn go to save a princess/stop evil villian. I could list billions of examples as to "Stop the evil villian" or "Save the Princess". Humorless: Storylines are out of here with weird plots (Jake is afraid of water, a mountain complains about vikings fighting) while I could understand it sounding like a bad idea on paper, it comes off just as bad in the show itself. Like with the second example I mentioned, it went from a mountain upset about people fighting to everyone asking Jake to help them with stupid tasks (flowers asking with help for pollination. The way I see it, it doesn't come out as funny, just very random. Gross: the humor can be way too gross at times. One episode for example, they took some sick thing into they're house (can't remember what it was called) and it burst open all over they're house. Ok, first of all it was unfunny, and secondly it was an uneeded gross gag, and I can think of many others just like this . And finally, not relating to the show, but rather your comment back, you have to understand that not everyone thinks like you. I do agree that there were some things I didn't make clear, but you shouldn'tcriticizethe way I think just because I have a different opinion than you. I understand that there are many people who like this show, but for the people who don't like it, they shouldn't be forced to be criticized just because they don't like/like a show. So, before you criticize anyone else, just think about that.

Southparkfa

[18]Jul 21, 2010

Doriguin wrote:

Yes, the human organism is original; they think individually rather than collectively. These flaws in human nature must be addressed. Yes, all beings must be equal in both body and mind. Opinions must be derived collectively and not individually.

what does this have to do with anything at all?

Sami5118

[19]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 15
    I haven't even seen this show and it looks really really f****d up. No way in hell would I ever watch this BS. The sad thing is , its even stupider than the s**t that my sister watches and that stuff is really messed up.Wtf is happening to CN?

SandMan967ALT

[20]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 11

I love it! It is very awesome because it can be very random, something I love a lot. The animation and music is epic, along with the characters. However I blacked out of a few new episodes, which I should catch up on. Anyway the only thing that bothers me is that right when it premeired they are thinking of quiting Chowder...